Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.

Posted by sand2bass2 
Re: 2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.
August 08, 2011 09:06PM
CTP sponsors. Good idea Eric. Thanks!!
HB1
August 09, 2011 03:41PM
Will there be any difference in the tee pads played by advanced men in the two tournaments?
August 09, 2011 04:11PM
Is this a mulligan tournament?

August 09, 2011 11:05PM
No difference in tees. Gold tees on the Desert Fox course and mix of long and short on the lil fox course (9 holes) at both events. At least that is the plan thus far. I have not really thought of that though. Good question. Do you have a preference?

No mulligans Cote. Bring it on.

TB
HB1
August 10, 2011 08:04AM
ha. You would let me choose? lol.

No, I have no preference. Other than I would probably choose the pro event if the am event was gonna be all pitch and putt holes. I didn't think that would be the case, but I thought I'd ask.

I could not agree more with the idea to pay more to advanced and the earlier stated opinion that people hang in Am's too long. You shouldn't have people shooting regularly under par in the same division with people still learning to throw a frisbee IMHO. Maybe a change in payout structure will encourage people to move up.
August 10, 2011 08:27PM
Just an idea here. In the Am Event have am and adv. play same tee's, then do the same for the Pro and Adv in the Pro event. That way Ams will know how they stand up to Adv. Then Adv will see how they would do in Pro. I always enjoyed same tee events, it really shows if your game is stepping up.
HB1
August 12, 2011 08:48AM
Hmmm? Interesting Eric. You could even do mixed division groups the first round so Am's could really see how they match up. That might help some of them see how close they are to competing with Advanced players on a shot to shot basis, as well as pick up some course managment practices. Even though I didn't play that well, my short "flop" in the open division taught me a lot about protecting your score and managing the course.

I, for one, kind of like mixed groups in first rounds. We had the juniors mixed in during our first round at Flanacher last weekend and I really think that they benefitted from the support and encouragment, and maybe even picked up a thing or two. I hit an ace that round and I think the Junior player in the group with us was more excited about it than I was. (caveat- I'm not comparing juniors to Am's)
August 12, 2011 11:56AM
HB1, I definately don't mind hearing what the players would like to do and will always take what they say under consideration. When was the last time you played here? It's changed quite a bit in the last 2 years. The Am tees on the Fox course are still pretty easy even with the newest holes in play, but is much better than it was before. The pro tees on the other hand present a real challenge! This is the layout Adv will play, most likely the 2nd round.

Eric, I like the idea and the concept, but I think I am going to stick with my original plan of Adv. playing the gold tees on the Fox course for this event. The Am tees are just too easy for a 2nd round that will determine who makes the Finals. I want it to be challenging and the short tees are mostly the same roc shot over and over.

With that being said, if we end up having a really small turnout and can ALL play the original course both rounds, then we will see what happens.

I too like mixing the div.'s the first round to help the newer/younger players learn to play the game the right way. Most likely I won't be able to do that though using 2 different courses. Unless the turnout is horrible and we can play in 3 somes on just the Fox course, we will be split. I will however mix whatever div.'s ARE playing the same course, i.e. Adv men and Junior/Rec will likely be pooled together with the other pool consisting of mostly Intermediate men. Only time will tell...

ONLY 30 FREE Tee shirts left. Better Pre-Register soon if you want one...
HB1
August 15, 2011 09:15AM
It's been 4-5 years, so I'm excited about seeing the new layout.
August 16, 2011 11:29PM
Oh wow. It HAS been a long time.

We have added in 4 totally new holes, 3 of which are wooded, and the other has lake down one side and road (o.b.) down the other. It is pretty sweet. We have taken out a handfull of the old holes and changed the flow up a bit. The quality of the holes you play now are much better than before, but still mostly open. We do however have a little more length now with 1 hole over 400 foot and many others over 300. In fact only 3 holes are under 300 foot from the pro tees. They are quite challenging with all the o.b.'s!

I am sure you will enjoy the challenge that it presents.

TB
HB1
August 17, 2011 07:54AM
Looking forward to it! Thanks for the info.
August 24, 2011 07:04AM
Tony i should have myself and 2 or 3 more riding with me from mobile for this event.. as soon as a get a final count i'll send you a check for all of us in the next few days... thanks for all the hard work your doing to put this tournament together.. i'm looking forward to this road trip, it'll be the first for me in a couple of months...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
August 24, 2011 08:44PM
I'll definitely be on the way for this one! Being able to ride in El Presidente's limo is always a treat!

Tony, I've NEVER played at PBJ. Are the pictures on [www.dgcoursereview.com] accurate?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
August 24, 2011 09:12PM
Yes those pictures and description are accurate except the lake isn't usually that high.
August 25, 2011 09:10AM
Are there any Tee shirts left?
August 25, 2011 03:16PM
Yes! Still plenty of shirts to claim so send your entry fee on in.

JC, gald to hear it. Look forward to seeing you again.

TB
August 26, 2011 07:10AM
sand2bass2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, pre-registration is very much encouraged. As
> I said above, the field will be capped at 81 and I
> am pretty sure this tourney will fill up. Only
> the first 40 pre-registered competitors will
> receive a FREE tee-shirt. Again, pre-registered
> meaning entry received prior to the tourney date
> (NO EXCEPTIONS).
>
> Send entries to:
> Chris Bass
> 2300 Lincoln Rd. (Apt. 130)
> Hattiesburg, MS 39402

Tony, do you have an entry form that we fill out to send, in addition to the check?

the "Eddy"
August 26, 2011 02:29PM
No. No form. Just include your name and division on the check/money order.

Time is running out. So get those entries in and get yourself one of these sweet shirts that are being made by Birdiemonster.com. A big thank you to Mike Brown for all his hard work and dilligence on the stamp for these things. I am REALLY proud of how they came out.

Maybe I could get him to post a link showing what the print will look like for you all to see. Can you say SOUTHERN PRIDE????

tb
August 27, 2011 09:47AM
Tony,
just letting you know that i will be bring "SUPER JOE" Jacobson, Keith "THE BODY GUARD" Robinson , and Justin "Mr.T" Tolbert with me to the AM Fox Hunt next month... i'll be getting a check in the mail to you first thing monday morning for the 4 of us.. I'll include our shirt sizes with the check... We are looking forward to this "road trip" to a course that none of us have played yet...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
August 28, 2011 09:32PM
Front:

Back:

Make sure to sign up early so you will be guaranteed one. You don't want to miss out on this tourney. Can't wait to see Paul B. again.

Mike-b

sand2bass2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No. No form. Just include your name and division
> on the check/money order.
>
> Time is running out. So get those entries in and
> get yourself one of these sweet shirts that are
> being made by Birdiemonster.com. A big thank you
> to Mike Brown for all his hard work and dilligence
> on the stamp for these things. I am REALLY proud
> of how they came out.
>
> Maybe I could get him to post a link showing what
> the print will look like for you all to see. Can
> you say SOUTHERN PRIDE????
>
> tb
August 29, 2011 04:50PM
Thanks Mike. Those look awesome!

Anybody want a FREE teshirt???
August 29, 2011 06:01PM
I DO... I DO .... I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
August 29, 2011 08:27PM
You got it. I received your message JC and yes there are still shirts available.

Who else???
August 29, 2011 10:48PM
I'm in. I'll see ya Thursday. & I'll sign up then.
August 30, 2011 02:35PM
Cool! I sent you a PM bout your number. See you thursday...

TB
August 30, 2011 06:22PM
Most likely will be there. How is the course looking? I was there around a year ago and it needed some work. I played with a local and he said the course was a lot nicer before Katrina. There were a lot of downed trees and limbs laying around. Just needed to be cleaned up all around.
August 30, 2011 08:35PM
Course is looking better and better every day. We've moved holes around, put in tee markers and planted many trees in the last year to help the progress. Plus we added in a new 9 hole course adjacent to the old one, which we will mowst likely play once during the tourney.

Hope you make it Zep....

TB
August 31, 2011 09:47PM
Thanks for the quick reply. 95% sure I will be there. DLR might be there as well, he has been playing more recently.
September 01, 2011 07:54AM
Cool! Come one, come all!

In addition to the numerous ctp's, skins and free shirts, we will also be giving away a portable basket (skill shot) that everyone who enters the tourney will get ONE free shot at. Additional throws will then be for sale for $1 a throw. Persons who pre-register will get TWO free shots at it, so please help a TD out and register early for this one. Not only will you get a free tee-shirt but you will also get an extra shot at winning a portable basket. The person closest to the pole when the dust all clears will take home the basket. Come get ya some.....

TB
September 01, 2011 09:41PM
How long you going to set up the Skill Shot? Also, probably going to get my money sent tomorrow. Are the shirts true to size?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013