Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.

Posted by sand2bass2 
Re: 2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I. - 18 Sep
September 16, 2011 01:09PM
DO AS YOU DO...T.B. GLAD TO SEE SOMETHING HAPPENING AT PAUL B.

BMB
September 16, 2011 06:21PM
Ouch that's a shame, I was looking foward to a chance at some cash. This little set back won't keep me from playing, see y'all in the morning.
September 16, 2011 09:16PM
Sorry if this was misleading guys. I have never heard that u could give cash skins to Ams before, so I assumed everyone knew it would be for merchandise. Seems like it would still negate your AM status imo. Cash is cash, unless it is an ace pot. Just my views though....

Looking forward to a great day of disc golf in the Burg... See you all in the a.m.....

TB
September 16, 2011 09:54PM
I'm still coming but my think about it is you know how they have the random skins (example is I know a few times in Baton rouge has had it and the Howler usually has it plus other tournaments in mobile.) Now I understand that you are buying a ticket for the raflle for the final skins but when an am gets picked for that they are getting paid in cash not in prizes
September 16, 2011 11:56PM
Yeah, I didn't think of the raffle skins. True. Very true.

Hope to see you 2moro...
September 17, 2011 09:02PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you put in todays Tourney Tony. It was my first tourney and it was a great experience (Helped winning the Novice Division lol. Just wanted to say thanks again and we will be back anytime you put a Tourney together.
September 17, 2011 09:53PM
Great turnout! Thanks to everyone who pre-registered. Enjoy the shirt.

Thank you F.B.I.!

Your winners...

Adv.-Josh Johnson
Adv. Masters-Joe Burback/Joe Jacobson
Int. Men-Josh Greene
Int. Wom.-Danielle Bennett
Rec.-Shane Hughes
Jr.-Devon Delancey

More soon....
September 17, 2011 10:14PM
we had a blast today at the tournament... the courses were very good... Tony i think you did a great job... i look forward to seeing you again next month at the pearl river rundown.... keep up the good work...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
September 18, 2011 08:29AM
Tony, one heck of job with this tourney! With so much negative garbage being spewed out by people on this site about SN (and understand the series isn't perfect), I now have the perspective that not EVERYONE drops the ball when running a tourney, discussing the proper rules, proper behaviors, running a clean and professional event, etc. There wasn't any body blowing bowls of weed and getting hammer-faced at this one! If I could encourage anyone who reads this message it's this: There are detractors in life in every aspect of anything; DON"T BUY INTO THE NEGATIVE, Be a SOLUTION, find the POSITIVE and do your part to sharpen the series. Tony was clear with the rules and his expectations of the appropriate behaviors, 90% of any potential problems are OVER right there! Put out flames right there in the players meeting! WELL FREAKIN DONE TONY!!! Don't judge the whole SN based on isolated events, a small group of people causing bogus-ness, and especially grown men who act like children on a message board!!! Those folks obviously need to channel their energies in a more effective light, and also GET SOME NEW HOBBIES! Go for a jog, take a karate class some of you!!! Geezz!!! I am preaching this to myself as well as hopefully encouraging others to do the same! Thanks to Tony Bass and Massive J and all the rest of you folks who put on a tremendous experience for all of us this past weekend at the beautiful Paul B. Johnson!

the "Eddy"
September 18, 2011 08:31AM
Sorry yall, got a little carried away with the bold print, lol!!!

the "Eddy"
September 18, 2011 09:08AM
This was my first tournament and I had a great time. Well organized and met lots of great people that I can throw with on the coast. Thanks, Tony. You and everyone that helped, made it a great day. I will definitely pre-register next year. When I got there I was #71!

Anyone on here from around Ocean Springs/Biloxi, let me know if you ever want to meet up for a round.
September 18, 2011 09:23AM
Great job, Tony! This was a very well run event with things running smoothly. Jamie, again, nice improv skills!

Both rounds were great! It was nice playing with Jason (JasonATL) and Josh (ejosh007). It's great to put a face with a name!

PBJ is an awesome course! It definitely ranks high on my list! I hope we can do this again next year!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
September 18, 2011 11:05AM
I had a blast both rounds but man did that new 9 beat me down. Love the new holes makes for some good golf.

I'm still not sure how I cashed, But I'll take it lol

Mark (the guy who birdied 18 at City Park) Marten, I look foward to playing more rounds with ya, I need to get some revenge on ya lol

Matt Maddox, as always it was a blast

Lee ?, this guy stuck it out and played the whole round, I was very impressed you didn't quit after that start.

Jackson, it was nice to see so many of you in Adv, you guys are doing things right up there.

One small issue a saw, could you place a flag ot paint mark to show what side to tee from. It was just to hard to tell on about 6 holes.
Anonymous User
September 18, 2011 07:16PM
Shout out to Josh Johnson on winning ADV!
September 18, 2011 09:05PM
To Tony and Hattiesburg Crew, congrats on a successful tournament. Sounds like everyone had a positive experience. Sorry my work schedule kept me from helping out with this one. Glad to see so many local juniors participating in this one, and conrats to Junior Division Winner Devyn Delancey from The Lamar County Frisbee Club and my Purvis High School Club. Go Tornados!!!

Remember that I will be hosting a Juniors tourney at Tatum Park on the Second Saturday of each Month from 9-12:00. All players and parents are welcome to attend.

Take a Kid Disc golfing this week!
Dale McVeay
September 19, 2011 06:47PM
CTP winners:

Eric Hanson
Mike Sessions
Chuck Leggett
David Swain
Jason Outlaw
Robin Mosher
Dan Koehler
JD O'Brian
Mikey Pascarella
Shane Hughes
Jeffrey Rayborn
Brad Allen
Wade Bouchard
Daniel McCraw
Keith Osborne
Josh Sullivan
Beau Seifert
Calvin Etheridge
Keith Bodin
Mike Bennett
Matt Maddox
Keith Robinson

Sponsored by Innova Champion Discs and Largemouth Disc Golf Productions.

More to come....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 06:48PM by sand2bass2.
September 19, 2011 07:23PM
Payout:

Adv. Men (9)
1. 113 (20 in skins) + trophy
2. 79 (20 in skins)
3. 83 (40 in skins)
4. 32

Adv. Masters (10)
1. 103 + trophy
2. 78
3. 48
4. 22

Int. Men (37)
1. 159 + Trophy
2. 70
3. 62
4. 49
5. 41
6. 35
7. 33
8. 29
9. 27
10. 27
11. 26
12. 26
13. 22

Int. Women (2)
1. 31 + trophy
2. 22

Novice (8)
1. 36 + trophy
2. 18
3. 18
4. 18
5. 18
6. 18
7. 18
8. 18

Junior (9)
1. 36 + trophy
2. 31
3. 27
4. 18
5. 18
6. 18
7. 18
8. 18
9. 18

John, I don't have Excel on my home computer so could you please add these to the results I sent you. Thanks!!

More to come....
September 20, 2011 06:49AM
hey Tony,

great job this weekend. i picked up 3 skins and aaron had 1. but we were payed out accordingly at the tourney. =)

-cal
September 20, 2011 02:44PM
Results are on the site...any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org. I don't think the payout reflect the ctps or t-shirts. That can be included if I know who got a shirt and how much the cpts were worth.

JOhn k
September 20, 2011 03:24PM
Congrats to JC for not being DFL!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
September 20, 2011 05:19PM
ROFLMAO !!!!

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
September 20, 2011 05:42PM
MOVING ON UP........MUST'VE HAD TO LEAVE THE MAJIC BOTTLE AT HOME, LOL!

BMB
September 20, 2011 06:32PM
I DID JUST THAT ... AT HOME .. FUNNY THING IS I ACTUALLY REMEMBER THE SECOND ROUND MORE NOW DAYS...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
September 20, 2011 09:47PM
Call me confused, but how did all novice win $18. I realize they were given a choice disc when they registered, but all intermediate were given a choice of DX plastic. I don't see any cash value by all of their names.

No novice player received anything else unless they won a CTP except for the first place winner which got a trophy and a disc.

I even heard one of the Novice players ask the TD how many spots he was paying and his response was "First gets a trophy, all novice got a disc when they signed up. Isn't that enough? I might throw in a disc for first place, not sure yet."

All tourneys I have been to, all novice got a disc when they signed up, plus they got a something at the end for playing.
September 20, 2011 10:08PM
John K. and Tony,

Please correct the spelling of my name in Intermediate to Jason Kimbell (last name is currently Kimball and is incorrect).

Also, I heard that I may won a disc but had to leave early because my ride was leaving.

Did I win a disc? If so, please give this to Joe or any of the other NoTeam-ers that are at LA States this coming weekend.

Please let me know if there is a disc choice and I will respond...thanks.

Jason Kimbell
September 20, 2011 10:35PM
Carefull with your quotes ParPlus. When you put quotations around something people will think that was exactly what was said. I don't think those were my exact words, so please, don't quote them. That was pretty close, but not exactly.

The payout is not complete yet. Like i said earlier, "more to come"....

And yes, the Rec Champ got a disc of his choice for 1st place. He seemed pretty happy. Sorry you are not ParPlus, but Intermediate is where you need to play if you expect a payout.

John, I will get the names of people who got shirts to you soon. Also, could you put $9 payout next to all intermediates who did not make the cash to reflect their players pack.

Jason, you did indeed win $17 worth of merchandise. Unfortunatley I will not be at LA States, so how can I get this to you?? Yes, you have a choice of anything I have in my stock. What do you like to throw and I'll see if I have one??

TB
September 20, 2011 11:09PM
Tony I am not bashing you or the tournament. I met some great people, played 2 great courses, and had a lot of fun in the process. If you refer to the first part of my post "Call me confused" I was just trying to get some clarification on the winnings.

Hope the rest of your tournaments are also as successful as this one was, and I look forward to coming down there to play again.
September 21, 2011 06:31AM
Jason - fixed....Tony - added...

JOhn k
September 21, 2011 07:58AM
John K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jason - fixed....Tony - added...
>
> JOhn k

Thanks for the quick response!
jml
September 21, 2011 09:35AM
ParPlus - Move up you bagger!

you stated:
"All tourneys I have been to, all novice got a disc when they signed up, plus they got a something at the end for playing. "

so you are saying that you have been to more than one tourney before and are still playing recreational. This is a division that is meant to introduce people to competitive play. Introductions are usually short like: "Hello I am so and so". It is not meant for you to play rec 10, 20, 30 times until you win one. In my opinion rec players should never recieve anything at awards beside recognition/trophy, they should be paid out immediately after they sign up. All rec players have already won by showing up. To expect more is to be a bagger and try to take from less experienced players. Tony went above and beyond by giving 1st a disc and providing CTPs for all cards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013