Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.

Posted by sand2bass2 
Re: 2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I. - 18 Sep
September 21, 2011 10:15AM
JasonATL
Also, I heard that I may won a disc but had to leave early because my ride was leaving.

Tony,
It is my fault that Jason left before the awards.....My shoulder popped out with about 5 hole to play and I was in pain and wanted to get home. Please send the CTP I won to Jason also......I enjoyed the new layout and playing your event.

Thanks

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 21, 2011 12:13PM
jml Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ParPlus - Move up you bagger!
>
> you stated:
> "All tourneys I have been to, all novice got a
> disc when they signed up, plus they got a
> something at the end for playing. "
>
> so you are saying that you have been to more than
> one tourney before and are still playing
> recreational. This is a division that is meant to
> introduce people to competitive play.
> Introductions are usually short like: "Hello I am
> so and so". It is not meant for you to play rec
> 10, 20, 30 times until you win one. In my opinion
> rec players should never recieve anything at
> awards beside recognition/trophy, they should be
> paid out immediately after they sign up. All rec
> players have already won by showing up. To expect
> more is to be a bagger and try to take from less
> experienced players. Tony went above and beyond
> by giving 1st a disc and providing CTPs for all
> cards.

So you are ASSuming that I played in Novice class, just because I pointed out something I noticed???
Well isn't that a fine how do you do.

As far as Tony providing CTP's for all cards, I believe he said those shirts were donations from Innova. With those being donations they cost him nothing correct?

Winning by showing up?? Well if that's the case why pay any division, they all win by showing up. As far as that goes, why charge for them to play either. You win by them showing up.

"To expect
> more is to be a bagger and try to take from less
> experienced players." Well at least that Never happens in disc golf

This discussion was between me and Tony, so mind your own business.
September 21, 2011 12:39PM
I have been playing this game since 2004 which isn't that long but I have played in several tournaments and at serveral courses. I have been to tournaments where the novice division was paid at the end of the tournament but not many it is usually understood that the novice division is paid at sign ups and that is all they recieve. So for Tony to pay the first place novice participant says a lot about how he ran this event. You can't please everyone and lately it seems that there is something to complain about at every tournament it seems to me that if you don't like the way things are done you can either not participate, do it yourself, or pick and choose what events you go to. Just stop complaining because there was something you didn't like about the event.

Also ParPlus if you don't want anyone to comment on what you post try using the PM function on this site it really works better than telling someone to mind their own business when you put that business on a public forum.
September 21, 2011 12:48PM
Wow you make one observation and everyone wants to get out their pitchfork and burn ya at the stake.

Good ol' SN nation........haha
Anonymous User
September 21, 2011 02:03PM
Welcome to the SN, bagger!
September 21, 2011 08:46PM
Wrong again ParPlus. You really shouldn't try to "read between the lines" of running a tourney until you have done it yourself. Then, and only then, should you question a TD's methods, motives or payouts. I said that Innova was the sponsor. This doesn't mean that the shirts were given for free, just fyi.

And as far as JML goes, he is one of my long-time best friends who always helped out on tourney day when he was around, so he knows what he's talking about.

Taking on the awesome responsibility of running a quality event makes you realize quickly that it is a lot of effort and work. Those of us who have been around long enough appreciate this fact and stick up for one another.

When you are ready to step to the plate, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Hope to see you at some future events here in the Hub City area....

LargeMouth
September 22, 2011 03:29PM
ParPlus..............................MORE LIKE ParMINUS!!!.....................(just a joke ParPlus, please flip-out not!) this time i just could'nt help myself!

the "Eddy"
September 27, 2011 08:38AM
I found a few discs Sunday at Paul B with no names. If you send me a PM with a description and it matches one that I found I will get it back to you.

Wade Bouchard
HDGA
October 24, 2011 09:50PM
Tony.
My name is Keith Osborne. My son is also Keith Osborne III. He placed 8th in the junior division. His name is not on the list for the tournament results for the Columbia tournament. Could you please add him so he can keep track of his tourney results? That was his first tourney and I'm sure he will be playing in many more in the future.
Thanks again, and also great job. You always put on a good event.
November 01, 2011 11:30AM
2011 PRO FOX HUNT

Nov. 19th, 2011
Paul B. Johnson State Park
Desert Fox DGC

Open & Masters---$40
Grandmasters-----$35
Pro Women--------$30
All Adv. Div.'s------$30

2 Rounds of 18
(*9 hole course to be used as well for some*)

All players get a FREE tournament shirt!!

ALL Adv. div.'s get a choice of PRO plastic disc with tourney logo. (KC Roc, KC Glow Aviar, Katana, or Boss)

Added cash for ALL pro divisions!! ($500 thus far to be added to the pot)

No finals as originally advertised. Just don't think there would be enough daylight. Sorry if this upsets anyone.

CTP's and R-o-F's for SN bag tag holders!

more to come....
Re: 2011 Fox Hunt presented by F.B.I.
November 18, 2011 09:36AM
Woke up thinking about the tourney tomorrow! Excited to be playing advanced for the first time in a Southern Nationals event
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013