Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2011 SN Doubles Championship, Jackson, MS July 30-31st

Posted by No Low Putt Lloyd 
Re: 2011 SN Doubles Championship, Jackson, MS July 30-31st
July 30, 2011 08:53PM
Just heard from my daughter, some stiff competition in the Pro Womens division. Not that many strokes separating the whole field! At least there was no rain, just long, hot & grueling!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Anonymous User
July 30, 2011 08:55PM
In Open it's either Bernie & DD winning or Clayton & Daniel P who shot the hot round of 48 @ Butts. It's close let's put it that way.

In Masters it's Deano & Buddy by I think 2 over Fox/WillyBT.

That's all I got. The courses are the real star of the show here. Real championship courses! I am impressed, love some of the new pro tees at Crystal Springs.
July 30, 2011 11:58PM
I still can't believe we have the lead. I hope we finally play well tomorrow. Sheffy & Sam are gonna crush us in the ADVANCED division.

Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In Open it's either Bernie & DD winning or Clayton
> & Daniel P who shot the hot round of 48 @ Butts.
> It's close let's put it that way.
>
> In Masters it's Deano & Buddy by I think 2 over
> Fox/WillyBT.
>
> That's all I got. The courses are the real star of
> the show here. Real championship courses! I am
> impressed, love some of the new pro tees at
> Crystal Springs.
July 31, 2011 07:32AM
It's time to do the dang thing!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 07:32AM by BERNIE.
July 31, 2011 05:39PM
Logan and Detroit won Adv. Team Memphis won Pro Woman in playoffs, Dan Workman and his partner won adv masters. Not sure about the rest.
July 31, 2011 05:58PM
Bernie and daugherty won pro open and krystin nowicki and Mitzi stegall won am women. Im not sure about am men.
July 31, 2011 06:08PM
Eric Day Wrote:
> Logan and Detroit won Adv. Team Memphis won Pro
> Woman in playoffs, Dan Workman and his partner won
> adv masters. Not sure about the rest.

Good job..Logan with a win in pro last weekend and advanced dubs championship this week..the kid has game!!!
July 31, 2011 08:43PM
Sick nasty tournament Lloyd and Doug. Thank you to all that contributed.

Personal request, lets hold a tournament at Butts,soon.
July 31, 2011 08:52PM
I think the real winners was the JUDGES......the best courses....Thanks Doug and Lloyd!!!!!

Doug,
From a truly selfish point of view, Please stay involved with disc golf in Jackson! Yall really got something special happen up there.....GREAT JOB GUYS AND LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 31, 2011 09:04PM
The best job of keeping water on courses EVER - and we needed it. That was some x-treme disc golf- thanks Lloyd, Doug, Allen, Tyler, and the other 100 who helped out..... more locals helping than playing- awesome! bud5996
July 31, 2011 09:47PM
Great job on this tournament! Hope everyone makes it home safely. Butts park was easily my favorite. Congrats to Bernie and Darryl. Doug you are the man!! Hope you get the green light on all future projects .. Awesome weekend. Thanks!
July 31, 2011 10:11PM
thanks a ton for putting this event on - it was a lot of fun and everything was smooth as could be from our point of view

definitely appreciate all the hard work that was put in and thanks to all the volunteers who stepped up with their own free time to help out where necessary
ESP
July 31, 2011 10:53PM
just have to say.... WOW!!! Great everything!! JUDGES and all others who helped, THANKS. SO SMOOTH how things were run. Cant wait to see you guys again down there. AWESOME JOB BERNIE AND DD!! JABBA, wonderful design of the courses. THANKS YALL FOR A TRUELY GREAT WEEKEND!!
August 01, 2011 06:49AM
Great job judges...was awesome to see all the great volunteers working instead of playing!!! Hope yall put in a bid for the snac or snpc next year!!!
August 01, 2011 07:48AM
greta tournament me and lignos had a blast butts park for sure favorite and the water was a huge plus got a little hot at chrystal springs but other than that we loved it be good fellas and see yall same tourney dif town ... peace
August 01, 2011 12:20PM
Thanks to the Judges for a great disc golf weekend. In the Pro GrandMasters Randy and Tim put on a clinic and ran away from the field. Think they won by at least 15 to 20+ strokes. Myself and Kevin, Danny and John and Randy and Charles, were all in the hunt for second place all within one stroke of each other and finished in the same order. Hot, Hot, and Hot was the over all theme - the golf courses as well as the weather... looking forward to your next event.

Lloyd - who ended up with that MIA/POW disc?

Danny D - pm on the way!!

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 12:35PM by The Parker.
Anonymous User
August 01, 2011 12:31PM
Great tournament guys. Couldn't of went smoother. Congrats to all the winners.

Big thanks to Lloyd, Doug, Hogman and the JUDGES, and anyone else who helped put this on.

Nothing like seeing my 2 best friends, Mike Kernan and Gilligan.

Lost a Star Eagle on hole #1 at Crystal Springs, has to be right behind the basket somewhere in the water. Name and number on it, thanks.
Anonymous User
August 01, 2011 01:19PM

It was nice to meet your mom too Dillon, I took a picture of the 2 of you
August 01, 2011 01:21PM
What a tournie! Had a great time. Thanks again to everyone for all your hard work. I'm very proud to be a JUDGE!
Lizz Acosta-Pearson
August 01, 2011 03:56PM
Ive heard that some other folks had a run in with the sun like i did, boy it was hot, i was fine and everything was cool until that last day in crystal springs, i was fine with like 5 holes left i was staying hydrated just the air was stiff and stale down in the bottom of some of those hills,i dont know my breathing went heavy and just got dizzy a little and i half way remember the shot i put right down the pipe on #1, 35ft from the basket. I would just like to say i will play sndc & snac, snpc events no matter when or where there put on. Maybe we should have these events in a part of the year thats cooler perhaps ... Just a suggestion is all im giving .. be cool, nice tourney J.U.D.G.E.S it was awesome. Im with robby harris put a bid in for the snac. or snpc. that would be cool.. peace
August 01, 2011 11:56PM
Had 3 great groups this weekend, enjoyed playing all the parks. Too bad the it was just so dang hot this weekend to really enjoy it. Disc selection was very nice.

So I hate to put negative feedback on here but I was shocked by a few things that happened this weekend.

First, How do we keep letting people with NO points into out championship. If what i heard was true a player got in with $200 of $2 food coupons. If this is true this is the saddest thing I have ever seen. Plus this is coupons for a local business that almost nobody will ever go too. Then you go and put it in the players pack so that its more then just a disc and a shirt.

Then I hear that there was a playoff for 1st place and the money was split too all 4 players. First place cash should Never be split. It against PDGA Competition Manual 1.9.

And Most Of All...... The Pro Women Field was playing Pro Tee's, When a player ask why the had to play those tees a TD said "If Your going to play Pro, ***KING step up and play and play Pro tees". DId You Really Drop The F'bomb To A Women Player!!! Then you go and make Adv pool play am tee's when almost none of us wanted too.

Throw all this in with the horrid drives to each park, poor players pack, and round of singles play. This is the a great example of what not to do at the SNDC! Left Names out for a reason, so if you are needing more info feel free to PM.
August 02, 2011 06:47AM
The drive to each park was a little long but the courses were totally worth the drive. Three awesome courses that were great for the SNDC. I really liked the format, it showed which team was the best out there. Instead of one person carrying the other one all weekend, both players had to do just as good as the other.

I thought the players pack was a really good one, at least the best I've ever had. You got to pick your own disc and get a tshirt that actually fits.
August 02, 2011 06:52AM
Eric the singles event was needed.That showed the true good teams not just one person doing all the work.I do agree there should be no exceptions on letting people in with no points.We got a shirt and a disc just like most tournaments so what was wrong with the player pack?And driving between rounds has to happen.They were championship caliber parks.Not everyone can do it like Mobile.The woman playing pro tees was kinda rough on them.Most of the time the woman just vote and do what they want.The advanced field should have done the same.Best quote of the weekend..."Advanced is for pros who can't putt."
August 02, 2011 07:09AM
Eric Day Wrote:
> Had 3 great groups this weekend, enjoyed playing
> all the parks. Too bad the it was just so dang hot
> this weekend to really enjoy it. Disc selection
> was very nice.
>
> So I hate to put negative feedback on here but I
> was shocked by a few things that happened this
> weekend.
>
> First, How do we keep letting people with NO
> points into out championship. If what i heard was
> true a player got in with $200 of $2 food coupons.
> If this is true this is the saddest thing I have
> ever seen. Plus this is coupons for a local
> business that almost nobody will ever go too. Then
> you go and put it in the players pack so that its
> more then just a disc and a shirt.
>
> Then I hear that there was a playoff for 1st place
> and the money was split too all 4 players. First
> place cash should Never be split. It against PDGA
> Competition Manual 1.9.
>
> And Most Of All...... The Pro Women Field was
> playing Pro Tee's, When a player ask why the had
> to play those tees a TD said "If Your going to
> play Pro, ***KING step up and play and play Pro
> tees". DId You Really Drop The F'bomb To A Women
> Player!!! Then you go and make Adv pool play am
> tee's when almost none of us wanted too.
>
> Throw all this in with the horrid drives to each
> park, poor players pack, and round of singles
> play. This is the a great example of what not to
> do at the SNDC! Left Names out for a reason, so if
> you are needing more info feel free to PM.

Why not address these concerns with the TDs in person or by pm? Pulling off an event of this size is a major undertaking.

August 02, 2011 08:00AM
Singles wasn't needed, it wasnt used in the past. It just made the 1st round depend the whole tournament. I liked the courses, just didnt like crystal springs format that put us and many other teams out of the tournament in the first round. Just upsetting knowing you traveled down there and play singles and lose a doubles tournament in the first round, even if you shoot lights out the rest of the tournament. Other than that, was good weekend.

Detroit Wrote:
> Eric the singles event was needed.That showed the
> true good teams not just one person doing all the
> work.I do agree there should be no exceptions on
> letting people in with no points.We got a shirt
> and a disc just like most tournaments so what was
> wrong with the player pack?And driving between
> rounds has to happen.They were championship
> caliber parks.Not everyone can do it like
> Mobile.The woman playing pro tees was kinda rough
> on them.Most of the time the woman just vote and
> do what they want.The advanced field should have
> done the same.Best quote of the
> weekend..."Advanced is for pros who can't putt."
August 02, 2011 08:11AM
A few of us were discussing the format after the tournament. I feel that the Cyrstal Springs round could have been
a alternate shot round. Alternate shot would have been quicker than combined score. Saturday was sooo long,
9:45am to after 7pm. Other than that I really enjoyed the format.

We also discussed an idea of having the SNDC in the spring,like April. I think having the SNDC in spring
and SNPC in fall would work. There might be a problem with points in april, but maybe something could
be worked out.

Overall really enjoyed seeing everyone and thanks to all that prepped all the courses in time and the water
on the courses was a life saver!
August 02, 2011 08:39AM
Ethan Wrote:
> The drive to each park was a little long but the
> courses were totally worth the drive. Three
> awesome courses that were great for the SNDC. I
> really liked the format, it showed which team was
> the best out there. Instead of one person carrying
> the other one all weekend, both players had to do
> just as good as the other.
>

Exactly... No other way to do the courses, unless you got a teleporter. One thing that was said on the ride home (all the way to Lafayette) was "this is the earliest I've been back from a tournament."

I think logistically speaking they did a bang up job and I was in the division that (rightfully) had it the worse with the trip from Rez to Crystal Springs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
August 02, 2011 08:49AM
Eric Day Wrote:
> Had 3 great groups this weekend, enjoyed playing
> all the parks. Too bad the it was just so dang hot
> this weekend to really enjoy it. Disc selection
> was very nice.
>
> So I hate to put negative feedback on here but I
> was shocked by a few things that happened this
> weekend.
>
> First, How do we keep letting people with NO
> points into out championship. If what i heard was
> true a player got in with $200 of $2 food coupons.
> If this is true this is the saddest thing I have
> ever seen. Plus this is coupons for a local
> business that almost nobody will ever go too. Then
> you go and put it in the players pack so that its
> more then just a disc and a shirt.
>
> Then I hear that there was a playoff for 1st place
> and the money was split too all 4 players. First
> place cash should Never be split. It against PDGA
> Competition Manual 1.9.
>
> And Most Of All...... The Pro Women Field was
> playing Pro Tee's, When a player ask why the had
> to play those tees a TD said "If Your going to
> play Pro, ***KING step up and play and play Pro
> tees". DId You Really Drop The F'bomb To A Women
> Player!!! Then you go and make Adv pool play am
> tee's when almost none of us wanted too.
>
> Throw all this in with the horrid drives to each
> park, poor players pack, and round of singles
> play. This is the a great example of what not to
> do at the SNDC! Left Names out for a reason, so if
> you are needing more info feel free to PM.

And now you know and knowing is half the battle. Just think if it hadn't been a championship the payouts would have been half what they should have been and they would have gotten a cheap homemade wooden trophy (most likely made of paneling). This is why I dont play tournaments in Jackson (only casual golf)
Anonymous User
August 02, 2011 09:18AM
Jeez Louise. Ransom you crack me up! You never cash so why would you even care about payouts?

The drive in between courses was fine. If you have to drive a little extra to get to championship-caliber courses at a championship, so be it.

On the combined score thing, while I like that format, it probably would have been best as part of the 666 round rather than a whole round.

And the pro ladies better play the pro tees at a pro championship.
August 02, 2011 09:23AM
Seeing all this whining reminds me of a few sayings I learned growing up....

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

If you think you can do it better then by all means get off your lazy butt and do it.

There was alot of hard work put in by alot of people to make this tournament happen. Keep the criticism to yourselves and when it comes time to make a bid for next years tournament step up to the plate and show us how you think it should be done. That way after you have put in all the blood sweat and tears, everyone else can second guess what you have done and tell you about how it "should have been done".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013