Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

5th Annual New Orleans Doubles Championships July 23

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
5th Annual New Orleans Doubles Championships July 23
July 08, 2011 06:51AM
NO Team proudly presents the 5th Annual New Orleans Doubles Championships on July 23 at City Park.

All amateur divisions will be $50 per team ($25 per player).

All pro divisions will be $80 per team ($40 per player).

1st round tee-off at 10 AM. Round 1 will be from the standard tees and Round 2 will be from the pro tees.

Both rounds will be "Best Shot" format (both players throw, then they play from the best of those shots).

All proceeds raised from this event will help defray the annual $2000 fee charged by the park for the use of their land.

In addition to 100% cash payout to all our pro divisions, all am division players (Advanced, Intermediate, Adv. Masters, Adv. Ladies, etc.) get a brand new Champion or Star plastic disc (that's the good ones) courtesy of Innova (retail value $15).

Tee sign sponsors are still available at only $30 each and each sponsor also gets a nice Innova disc of their choice.

All players will be treated to a free lunch courtesy of our lunch sponsors, Hooters, Domino's Pizza, and the trophy wife Quality P!

Plaques will be awarded to first place in at least 7 divisions, and prizes include DVDs from our sponsor Vibram!

Also NO Team would like to thank Dangerous OB Don Cannot B Perkins for ponying up for the SN sanctioning of this event!

And we'd also like to thank Fisherman Brad Wells for donating $100 to this event as well!

Online sign-up is available by PayPal at underparmike@yahoo.com, or contact me for a snail mail address.

See y'all soon...real soon.

Mike Kernan
Tournament Director
Re: 5th Annual New Orleans Doubles Championships July 23
July 08, 2011 08:36AM
You sure that's Brad with the fish ???? Sure looks like B-Hole from this angle!!!
Unfortunately wont be able to participate...too much work for the Dubs Championships still needing done.
Good luck to all.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
July 08, 2011 11:46AM
I need a partner for Ams. Would prefer to play with someone who has tournament experience.

Please PM me if you need an AM partner.

Thanks.
Anonymous User
July 08, 2011 05:09PM

I'm certain you'll find one, there's plenty of players looking out at the course in fact.
July 08, 2011 05:53PM
I've heard several ppl from here going to N.O instead of fort walton.Should be a good turnout..........

BMB
July 08, 2011 09:02PM
JasonATL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need a partner for Ams. Would prefer to play
> with someone who has tournament experience.
>
> Please PM me if you need an AM partner.
>
> Thanks.

I also don't mind playing Advanced but usually play Ams...just sayin'.
Anonymous User
July 08, 2011 10:01PM
So it turns out that the NO Team grounds maintenance team does some of its best work after 7 PM on Friday nights.

For those wishing to practice some of the Pro Tees at City Park this weekend, well you are in luck. NO Team just planted 5 pro tees, and painted 5 more. There was a even an appearance by the Human Wheelbarrow dropping fine gravel dust on a couple of the short tees

Now I'm not going to tell you who those faces in the wheelbarrow remind me of, but if you count them up, there are 7 of them (okay okay there's really 8 of them, play along with me would ya...but if ya think about it one of 'em is two-faced). Just sayin' there were 7 passengers on board the SS Minnow too, that's a subtle hint (I think I did promise to try to be nice, oh please don't let me get banned two weeks before the tournament LOL)

Aren't puzzles fun? Anyway, there's a total of 12 pro tees marked for the weekend with the following:

With bricks on 1, 8, 12, 13 & 17

With paint on 7, 9, 11, 15 & 18

The other two are Hole 2 which tees from inside the former maintenance building (the tee is spray painted inside in orange in fact), and Hole 16 which is on a big piece on concrete about 80-90 feet behind the short tee.

B-Hole, make sure you tell all your friends from that way to wear their new shoes when they come to the city!

B-Hole's Fishin Charters (call 251-CAT-FISH when yer in town!)
July 08, 2011 10:11PM
Those pro-tees are gonna be a blast! Us lowly am's had better practice up.
Great Work NO Team!
July 08, 2011 10:21PM
CrispyCritter
Another tournament thread moved to the private forum because of a BOD members post?

Are you F'n kidding me?

What a bunch of tools.

Looks like we did it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
July 09, 2011 01:29PM
SteveOh amateurs are anything but lowly to this TD and NO Team! We love all our players.

In fact there are going to be plenty of new, first-time tournament players at this event, and we want them to feel welcome and comfortable. With that in mind I am printing up a page for the players that will explain the OBs on the course, as well as the most important rules of play. If anyone has suggestions on what kind of info that new players are looking for, please post them here so I can include them in the "caddy sheet" and we can answer them here online as well.
July 11, 2011 07:11AM
Hey, Bluff. My brother and I are looking forward to our first tournament. I emailed you about payment. I will look for you to post that info about OB and rules. That will be helpful for newbies. And we saw those pro tees. Wow. Do amateurs have to tee off from there, too? That number one might be a killer.
July 11, 2011 09:02AM
Does anybody know how to get in touch with fowler?
Anonymous User
July 11, 2011 09:24AM
Danny, the Novice division will play the short tees both rounds, while the Amateur division will play the pro tees in the second round. On hole 1, you don't have to throw over the water, in fact it is often smarter to throw to the right and play for the "3". Since it's your first tournament I recommend signing up for Novice.

Thanks for your interest and keep those questions coming!
July 11, 2011 09:57AM
Thanks to whoever is doing the work. Tried to play there yesterday afternnoon and the tees were unplayable due to mud. A few days of no rain and hopefully the traffic will pack the tees well enough to play again. Thanks again to whoever is putting in the effort to work on the course!

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
July 11, 2011 10:20AM
It is the disc golf Fairies doing the work, lead by none other than the Head Fairy Puff. Sorry Mikey just making fun!!!!!

Dangerous Don
July 11, 2011 01:27PM
Anybody looking for a pro partner?
July 11, 2011 01:41PM
I've heard this course was dangerous to play.
Hope everyone dresses appropriately

Terry Zeringue
July 11, 2011 03:30PM
Nice one zinger
Anonymous User
July 11, 2011 06:32PM
What, I go out of town for 3 days and it rains that much? Musta been some kinda storms, but not to worry, the head fairy will be dropping brick dust on the new tees if the Human Wheelbarrow doesn't beat me to it!

Cam if Fowler doesn't team up with you I suggest you team up with the guy who gave him a 3-stroke beatdown at the last City Park tournament, me! I don't get to say that much so pardon the obnoxiousness LOL
July 11, 2011 08:47PM
Glad to see you still have your sense of humor Kern Dog!

Dangerous Don
July 12, 2011 02:10PM

The Novice Team to Beat.
July 12, 2011 02:29PM
Need a partner...bump.

Am or Advanced.
July 12, 2011 02:58PM

Ok. I think I got this pic thing down now.

HERE are the Novices to beat.
July 12, 2011 09:15PM
Wow, old novices, isn't that an oxymoron?

Dangerous Don
July 12, 2011 10:42PM
I used to work at a hospital with a Don Perkins. We played ball golf, and he talked about some stupid frisbee golf thing. That was decades (?) ago. But he was just a plain moron.
July 12, 2011 11:17PM
Local who needs a partner cause my boi Mike Ball will be out of town. Will be only my second SN tourney, would like to play one more AM intermediate before jumping to Advanced but whatever, Holla!!! Maybe Dangerous Don or Mr. Rob Williams could vouch for me, i said maybe.....what say you fellas....am I worthy???

the "Eddy"
July 12, 2011 11:36PM
Thanks again to the people in NO who are out working on the course and helping to mark the Pro Tees so that people can practice the course.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
July 13, 2011 08:18AM
Hey Mikey, I see you have the option of registering via Paypal or snail mail. Will there be the option to sign up the morning of? Looks like it's going to be a last minute decision for me whether I'll attend.
Thanks.
Anonymous User
July 13, 2011 10:51AM

Mr. Fool, I pity da fool who don't sign up ahead of time!

I'm not sure, but I will definitely keep ya posted.
July 13, 2011 02:11PM
Danny Mo, I am no longer just a plain moron, I am an execptional moron. Good to hear from you , I sent you a PM today.

Dangerous Don
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013