Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

5th Annual New Orleans Doubles Championships July 23

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Re: 5th Annual New Orleans Doubles Championships July 23
July 25, 2011 10:51AM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JK
> I would think that since there is no Mixed Doubles
> division at the SNDCs that points shouldn't be
> awarded and fees , like Novice, should not be
> collected.

Plus, it really makes the tournament results look ridiculous.

I'm sure we can get the wonderful SN BoD to help out. Wait, what am I saying? This is way above their collective reasoning abilities. LOL
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 10:52AM
One more reason why we nominated YOU.
July 25, 2011 11:03AM
Good point Mikey! Thanks for looking out for me. Great cobbler, say Thanks to the little Miss!

Dangerous Don
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 11:04AM
If by nominated you mean violated then that would be accurate. Keep up the bad work Dillon.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 11:29AM
Keep up your complaining Korndog. All talk and no action.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 11:50AM
Anytime you want some action, you're more than welcome to accept my challenge to you and the entire BOD to step into the boxing ring to raise money for charity. That's right, I'll take on the whole f'n BoD in seven boxing matches one after another. You can even be last on the card you little twit so you can have a chance.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 12:25PM

Which one is you Dillon?
July 25, 2011 01:09PM
Dillon, Gilligan owes you a big thanks. You have officially become the #1 douche of disk golf.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 01:12PM
A douche, to all 5 of you? That's awesome. Just defending the series and the BOD. All Mike Kernan wants to do is complain and whine about the SN and it's integrity of it's BOD. I nominated him for a role but he's declined. I wish he'd either put up or shut up.

Also, am I suppose to take you seriously? Coming from a guy who spells it disk golf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 01:16PM by Dillon Gourley.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 01:18PM
Dillon you're all talk and no action. I just finished running my 4th SN tournament in less than 8 months for your embarrassing SN series...yet you say I do nothing? You're a total piece of @#$%&, and that's how you treat your SN TDs. Don't worry, we will be sure to introduce all you dorks on the BoD at the SNAC so you can find out personally what the players think of you.
July 25, 2011 01:21PM
Mike, I accept your offer for a charity boxing match.

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 01:25PM
I have nothing but the upmost respect for SN TDs and volunteers, and anyone involved in anyway to promote the sport.

It was only sanctioned because Don paid the SN fees. Don we appreciate your generousity. Look forward to meeting you at the SNAC.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 01:27PM
Awesome Jamie let's see if any of your cohorts want to get in. How much ya think we can sell tickets for?
July 25, 2011 01:27PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, great tournament this weekend. I had a blast playing despite all the H20. Team Massive Hair played well the 1st round but lost their stride in the 2nd. I still had fun. Gotta love City Park DGC. Can't wait to come back for SNAC.

July 25, 2011 01:35PM
Maybe $10? I don't know. Let's ask this guy:

Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 01:46PM
Saturday night match at the SNAC?

After you soften me up maybe chump Dillon will get in? Or "pacifist" Gilligan?

Who can we get to referee?
July 25, 2011 01:52PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Saturday night match at the SNAC?
>
> After you soften me up maybe chump Dillon will get
> in? Or "pacifist" Gilligan?
>
> Who can we get to referee?

Anyone one that donates $250.00 or more to the SNAC get to referee........

July 25, 2011 01:58PM
So you're saying I will be the main event? Only if I can get the nWo theme when I walk out...
July 25, 2011 02:02PM
Don yes I am the current sn treasurer (address is 1505 rebel drive, jacksonville, ar 72076)

Hopefully we can get a division code before the end of the season and fix the results retroactively. I would still like the sn fees collected since for a lot of that group it was there first tournament of the season (and i'm sure the assumption was that they would be getting sn points)

As for all the back and forth even if you don't respect Mikey as a person (which I do btw, even though he can be harsh online) you still have to respect his actions in regards to disc golf. He is a driving force in NO and has done a lot for disc golf in terms of putting in courses and putting on tournaments (whether they are sn or not)

Sometimes it's better just to not answer......

JOhn k
July 25, 2011 02:32PM
I would love to referee, but I already got money on Massive. Dont let that baby face fool you. The J stands for Jack you up! Besides, ole Kerndog will likely still be trying to recover from the back breaking effort he put into to this event. Hats off to you Mike!

If you really want to raise some money add a womens card to the event.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 02:33PM by Chunk.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 02:41PM
JK don't assume, you will make a Dillon out of u and me. If I hadn't created the Mixed Doubles division, most of those teams would have been playing Novice, and if the other ones wanted points they would have found a partner in their own division or another team would have taken their place---as usual I had to turn a lot of players away once the field was full.

Seriously could you fix the results? It looks as stupid as every time Dillon posts when you have the divisions all mixed together like that. The SN has enough of a credibility problem without screwing up the tournament results page.

Dillon if you are man enough we will get your music for your beating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 02:43PM by Bluff Magee.
Dex
July 25, 2011 03:01PM
Let the bodies hit the floor

Crumple down weightless

Got to love some disc golf

Dex
July 25, 2011 03:06PM
Was that a Haiku?

Mike, thanks for everything. Despite the weather, we had a great time in the city. Diggin' those pro tees too. Keep up the good work in NOLA. Peace.

-Donovan Boudreaux
July 25, 2011 03:35PM
mikey i want some of your (*^(%&^) can i lead it off; oh no i better not there won't be enough left of you for the rest; again thanks for a great time; and you better tell your wife how good that cobbler was.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 03:39PM
I had a great day as the tournament director, and l really appreciate that everyone was patient during the rain delay and didn't complain too much about the subsequent sloppy tee boxes. Thanks to everyone who helped out before during and after the tournament!

I'm happy to report that we raised half of our yearly $2000 rent at this tournament, we couldn't have done it without our biggest sponsors: Hooters and Don Perkins. Ok we could have done it without the SN fees Don but seriously, thanks for that. I guess.

Don I will try to put my feelings towards this @#$%& @#$%& series aside and help out for the SNAC, hopefully the kittens on the BoD won't back out on the charity boxing matches and it will give me something to look forward to.
July 25, 2011 04:11PM
great tourney mike! ty for all the hard work you put in. $50 says you knock dill out 1st round!

-cal
July 25, 2011 04:13PM
I like the idea of not paying the fees and not getting points as it does keep the results clean (until we can get an official place for them *whistles*)

BUT... did you announce that a head of time? It was announced as a sanctioned event and unless it was clearly stated before hand I don't believe it is fair to just take away those player's points after the fact.

Sorry Don. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 05:06PM
I'll be hiring Kevin Lewis to handle you SN dopes as there is nothing in any SN document that refers to mixed doubles being a division. Just fix the @#$%& results would you?

Hopefully he can draw up a waiver for Jamie to sign before he steps in the ring. Any other SN BoD cowards want in? Come on kittens it's for charity!
July 25, 2011 05:08PM
Rinkelstein Wrote:
> Dillon, Gilligan owes you a big thanks. You have
> officially become the #1 douche of disk golf.

LOL... I was beginning to wonder if he wasn't on Kernan's payroll to drag us all down. :)

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 25, 2011 05:36PM
I do see that the results look pretty funky and of course the SN rules do not require that a MD division be offered or state that points will be awarded for one. There is precedent for the SN doing whatever it wants to with TD results for an un-official division such as Intermediate Masters. I suppose there could even be multiple MD divisions paralleling the skill and age protected divisions now offered for singles. It could be a slippery slope adding a lot of work to the points tracker(s).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013