Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........

Posted by Trackin01 
TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........
July 14, 2011 04:05PM
#1 Website
#2 Spelling of names? Give players an SN number that links them to their name. Save John K. from having to change them.
#3 Online Registration through SN.........profit made can go to something! SNAC,SNPC,SNDC or something charitable.....
#4 Sponsors (A way to earn money for something)
#5 Insurance for events (This is begining to be a must in most parks) *Again, a way for SN to earn extra money for someting.
#6 BOD (should Jim O. enter his name on the ballot and be officially on the BOD. Meetings, votes, etc. . )
#7 Bag Tags? (Online record of who has them, how many they have, what locations are they in, how many sold updated on a bye weekly basis)
#8 CFR Discs? Where can you get one these days and do we still have them?
#9 Incentive, Incentive, Incentive to purchase a bag tag! (Can we get a disc with SN Logo on it???)
#10 TD's of the SNDC, SNAC, SNPC need a list of how the Championship should be organized: Example: Points winners on Lead card in the beginning, BOD announcements, Champions are allowed to have an option to purchase the 1-10 Bag Tags, POY, etc . . . these are things I did not know about in 2009 when I ran the SNPC. This list would've been helpful.

BONUS #11.......SN points WINNERS. Should they receive a better gift for winning their division in points???? I say YES. That is a lot of driving and playing to earn points.

BONUS #12......Ratings...........YES or NO.......Players vote and BOD figure out how to pay for if the vote is YES. The earned money above could help with this.

END OF STORY This list in not in any particular order. If I missed something add it or comment on what is posted.
But...........will it get done??????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 04:06PM by Trackin01.
Dex
Re: TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........
July 14, 2011 05:57PM
GREAT POST

Please everyone pay attention to this!!!!!!!!

makes absolute sense, ratings, everyone has given well wishes to Shane, (as it should be) enough said, nobody rides for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

information, get it out

Bag Tags= 1 potato plus 2 potato= 3 potato= pure edumacation

Thanks Doug

Dex
July 14, 2011 07:31PM
Just an idea I had to keep threads active. Have a SN event only thread and a general disc golf thread. That way the main page would be tourney info only, and all the other threads would be more out of site from outsiders looking to see what we are all about.

Now I have no idea how to do this kin of stuff, but im sure we have a couple techies around here.
July 14, 2011 11:58PM
These seem like good ideas to me.
July 15, 2011 12:24AM
Doug Trantham. I don't see a bad idea in there.

Has no one nominated this man for the BoD?

Robby Uhrman III
July 15, 2011 05:54AM
I juat took care of that robby #2!
July 15, 2011 09:17AM
NOW we're talkin'.......EXCELLENT!! Griff
July 15, 2011 09:49AM
Robby,

My understanding is that it is too late to nominate anyone for the upcoming election.

Please let me know if this is not so!

Thanks,

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
July 15, 2011 04:26PM
Thank you for that positive feedback. Doubtful to find the time to run for BOD. I have plenty of ideas to suggest and improve the SN series. As Gilligan stated in another thread I do have the National Players Challenge to organize ( which can help the SN ) once it reaches it's popularity. With each state having an opportunity to host two qualifiers to play in the NPC Championship, it will help bring those players to the championship and compete against hopefully the Nation.
Those that do know me already know I do what I say. I do believe that all of these suggestions could be fixed quickly. Once fixed the SN should run smoother. Right?
July 15, 2011 04:38PM
Here is another few suggestions:
Voting: should be available Online, at SNAC and SNPC. There should be a voters table set up at players check in. Instead of someone walking around passing out ballots.
BOD Nominee: wouldn't it be nice to see a picture of who is running for the board with qualifications? I don't know who all of our BOD are or what they look like. So if I was to see them at a tourney, I wouldn't even know who they were.
BOD Incentive: other than for the love, could there be another incentive? Free entree into one of the SNPC, SNAC, or SNDC? it's a start regardless how the BOD turn out. Why complain? We voted for them right?

What do you think?
July 15, 2011 10:29PM
How about dropping all of the SNAC entry fees to $20?

Terry Zeringue
July 17, 2011 06:24PM
#1 Website
I agree 100%. We need to figure out which route we want to take though. Do we go a cheap route similar to what we're dealing with now, or do we fork out the $$$ to have one professionally designed and such. If option B, we need to find out where that money is going to come from.

#2 Spelling of names? Give players an SN number that links them to their name. Save John K. from having to change them.
I think that would be easy if we fix number 1.

#3 Online Registration through SN.........profit made can go to something! SNAC,SNPC,SNDC or something charitable.....
Same. Number 1.

#4 Sponsors (A way to earn money for something)
Not solely number 1, but number 1 can help a ton. Having 24/7 advertising for a sponsor is a big selling point. Website ad space can get expensive.

#5 Insurance for events (This is begining to be a must in most parks) *Again, a way for SN to earn extra money for someting.
Honestly, I don't know much about this.

#6 BOD (should Jim O. enter his name on the ballot and be officially on the BOD. Meetings, votes, etc. . )
It was a concern that was brought up. The BoD should visit it.

#7 Bag Tags? (Online record of who has them, how many they have, what locations are they in, how many sold updated on a bye weekly basis)
Leslie keeps track of the sales on GoogleDocs currently.

#8 CFR Discs? Where can you get one these days and do we still have them?
Some SN CFR's would be sweet.

#9 Incentive, Incentive, Incentive to purchase a bag tag! (Can we get a disc with SN Logo on it???)
We're looking into creating a TD only forum for our TDs to discuss concepts and ideas with each other. I think it would be a good starting point for the TDs to find good ways to link their tournaments to each other. That could create some bagtag incentive. We definitely need more ideas though.

#10 TD's of the SNDC, SNAC, SNPC need a list of how the Championship should be organized: Example: Points winners on Lead card in the beginning, BOD announcements, Champions are allowed to have an option to purchase the 1-10 Bag Tags, POY, etc . . ..
I think a TD-only forum section would be good for this. Maybe all the previous SNDC, SNAC, and SNPC TDs could get together and add input to have an official layout.

BONUS #11.......SN points WINNERS. Should they receive a better gift for winning their division in points???? I say YES. That is a lot of driving and playing to earn points.
I'm always in favor of more awards. At this current time, without more money coming in, we would have to sacrifice in another area to get better prizes. Full series sponsors would help with that.

BONUS #12......Ratings...........YES or NO.......Players vote and BOD figure out how to pay for if the vote is YES. The earned money above could help with this.
Last I knew, somebody was volunteering to do a free year of statistics?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
July 18, 2011 07:50AM
Now this is what the forum should be about.
#1 SN should freeze the entrance fees to the three SNC If not they will keep going up every year,keep it a players series
#2 Should fill any loop holes into getting in any SNC NO POINTS NO PLAY

The new BOD should take on one of these new ideas one at a time , bring them out to the forum , talk to players at SN events , always remember it not what the BOD wants but what the players want.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
July 18, 2011 08:32AM
"#2 Should fill any loop holes into getting in any SNC NO POINTS NO PLAY"

Jim I love your positive attitude - that is continuing to push for what you believe in.

The 1st "loop hole" is of course the fact that the BOD actually voted to qualify Novice 2 weeks out. It does appear the SNAC and SNDC are enforcing "NO POINTS NO PLAY" in spite of the vote.

The second loop hole is that even if "NO POINTS NO PLAY" was the rule Novice appear to still qualify. They get points on this site and the Handbook says they get points. The former is claimed to be an error and the latter may be an omission (or not - who knows?), but it still ain't there. Novice no-points is implied in the Guidelines (17) but those are the same guidelines SNC TD's are ignoring.

The third loop hole is of course which points, current or last year. The Handbook says the former but the latter is applied by all SNC TD's I know of.

So now it seems the biggest loop hole is that fixing the rules is not on this thread list.
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 08:39AM
Discjazz, we appreciate your hard work and trying to fix our loopholes but everyone and anyone knows you have to have current points for that years championships. We are playing the 2010-2011 SNC's , you have to have 2010-2011 SN points. Please understand this.
July 18, 2011 09:01AM
"anyone knows you have to have current points for that years championships"

I think it is clear that "current points" do not qualify as, like I said, all SNC TD's I know of are only accepting last years.

So maybe there are two (2) more loop holes:

5. The English language

6. We don't believe in following the language of the rules we write.
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 09:10AM
Bro, are you trying to twist my words? Can you not understand my english writing? Do you need me to slow it down for you?

Let me write it a few ways and see if you can understand it then.

We are playing the 2010-2011 SNC's , you have to have 2010-2011 SN points.

Jugamos el 2010-2011 SNC, tiene que tener 2010-2011 puntos de SN.
July 18, 2011 09:17AM
No I don't understand why you are trying to convince me of what I have already said is the application. My point is that the rules do not say "2010-2011 SN points" qualify for the 2011 SNC's. I know they do, but the rules do not say that. You can repeat it until the rest of the world can't read if you want to try but I don't think that is going to help.
July 18, 2011 10:11AM
Last years SNPC champion had 0 sn points....I guess if your good enough, you can cut corners. Which I am glad they let him play but, should be like that with everyone.

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bro, are you trying to twist my words? Can you not
> understand my english writing? Do you need me to
> slow it down for you?
>
> Let me write it a few ways and see if you can
> understand it then.
>
> We are playing the 2010-2011 SNC's , you have to
> have 2010-2011 SN points.
>
>
>
> Jugamos el 2010-2011 SNC, tiene que tener
> 2010-2011 puntos de SN.
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 10:15AM
That was a sponsorship exemption Mr. Morris.
July 18, 2011 10:27AM
Thank you.

Loop Hole #7: Sponsorship exemption.

That is another reason "No Points No Play" is not an accurate statement of our rules, although I am not aware of any application of the exemption this year.
July 18, 2011 10:28AM
Jim
The new BOD should take on one of these new ideas one at a time , bring them out to the forum , talk to players at SN events , always remember it not what the BOD wants but what the players want.

Agreed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
July 18, 2011 10:29AM
The sponsorship exemption is used to boost the money available for the championships. I don't mind only having SN players at the championship; however, it's difficult to turn down an opportunity to make the payout larger.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
July 18, 2011 10:29AM
jtolbert Wrote:
> The new BOD should take on one of these new ideas
> one at a time , bring them out to the forum , talk
> to players at SN events , always remember it not
> what the BOD wants but what the players want.
>
> Agreed.

Which by that same token it's not just what an "individual" would want but what the player's want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 18, 2011 10:30AM
jtolbert Wrote:
> The sponsorship exemption is used to boost the
> money available for the championships. I don't
> mind only having SN players at the championship;
> however, it's difficult to turn down an
> opportunity to make the payout larger.

But the potential to make it smaller is there because if the player wins then they take more than they contributed.

July 18, 2011 10:39AM
....so if you donate enough money you dont have to be part of the sn and play in the championships? is signup fees not enough to be considered a sponsorship? or is there a set limit? If the snac wasn't full would sn let non sn members play?
July 18, 2011 10:40AM
That is basically all correct.

Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 10:49AM
Dustin, yes. I think the sponsorship exemption is to the tune of $1,000 USD.
July 18, 2011 10:53AM
Thats understandable, what about a full registered tournament? Would you just turn that down?
July 18, 2011 11:03AM
Novice = pin hole

Sponsorship = gaping hole (2010 SNPC)

My only point is that we should either write "No Points No Play" into the rules or stop claiming it is the rule. I don't really care which. What the players really want is for the BOD and TDs to decide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 11:06AM by Discjazz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013