Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........

Posted by Trackin01 
Re: TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........
July 18, 2011 11:06AM
I think it would be fine to have the invite list pre registry, then sn pre registry, and then first come first serve. So someone don't rid with a buddy 3-4 hours to be told he can't play just because he didn't know the rule.
July 18, 2011 11:08AM
The sponsorship exemption is allowed by the BoD, but is ultimately at the discretion of the TD.
I agree we need some consistency with that. There are some threads in the BoD section regarding the exemption. There is a lot of support for either side.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
July 18, 2011 11:08AM
I think that sponsorship exemption can be a good thing for the SNPC only (as long as the sponsor is bringing in money and not coupons or merchandise at retail price$).
I am starting to think that the SNDC and SNAC don't need exemption.
Is it that hard to play in a qualifier?

Thoughts?

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
July 18, 2011 11:10AM
Personally, I'd lean more towards not having the sponsorship exemption at all. If they want a chance to play in the championship, they need to play our qualifiers. I don't like the idea of someone getting sponsored and coming in to take all of the winnings that OUR regular players have worked and competed for.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
July 18, 2011 11:13AM
Your right, but I know some accasions (mainly in doubles), some people can't find a partner so they find a good player that doesn't play in tournaments. I don't think sn should tell him he can't play. Especially if he traveled a long way. This is mainly with ams because most pro players play in a qualifier.

MassiveJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that sponsorship exemption can be a good
> thing for the SNPC only (as long as the sponsor is
> bringing in money and not coupons or merchandise
> at retail price$).
> I am starting to think that the SNDC and SNAC
> don't need exemption.
> Is it that hard to play in a qualifier?
>
> Thoughts?
July 18, 2011 11:15AM
Also, wasn't our championship a pdga rated tournament as well?
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 11:21AM
Justin, are you saying you rather David McCormick host an SNQ and let Nikko pay $2 , as oppopsed for someone paying $1,000 sponsorship? Doesn't make much sense to me. Sponsorship is the only way the SNPC will be as big as it is.

Dustin, the SNPC is usually PDGA, as for someone riding with someone and not knowing if they can or can't play, they need to ask or know beforehand. SNC's are ONLY available to people who's played in SNQ's , HOSTED SNQ's (TD's get 2 points per tournament, I believe?) and for people who fall under the sponsorship exemption, no one else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 11:22AM by Dillon Gourley.
July 18, 2011 11:34AM
Every year there are new players hungry to play DISC GOLF but they have no points to play in the SNC. These players could volunteer at the SNC. Talking about the $1000.00 sponsorship to get in the SNC would be great if it was a real $1000 from their sponsor such as GATEWAY SENDING A REAL $1000.00 cash for Niko that would add a real $1000.00 to the pot. Remember it a player series and the players must believe in it.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
July 18, 2011 11:36AM
You can't blame a new player for not knowing. SN is supposed to be nice and laid back and telling someone they can't play isn't really nice and laid back. That could cause someone to not ever play in a tournament again. I think after pre registration it should be game on for anyone that wants to play.

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Justin, are you saying you rather David McCormick
> host an SNQ and let Nikko pay $2 , as oppopsed for
> someone paying $1,000 sponsorship? Doesn't make
> much sense to me. Sponsorship is the only way the
> SNPC will be as big as it is.
>
> Dustin, the SNPC is usually PDGA, as for someone
> riding with someone and not knowing if they can or
> can't play, they need to ask or know beforehand.
> SNC's are ONLY available to people who's played in
> SNQ's , HOSTED SNQ's (TD's get 2 points per
> tournament, I believe?) and for people who fall
> under the sponsorship exemption, no one else.
July 18, 2011 11:40AM
Nope, your points should have to mean something...ie being able to play in the championships.
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 11:43AM
Dustin, good point. Why even have a rule book or competition manual if we're going to just be nice and relaxed?
July 18, 2011 11:46AM
Host point qualification sounds familiar but I don't know why. Good catch Dillon. Can anybody cite me an authority (rule/BOD decision) on that?
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 11:48AM
Dustin, do you expect someone to never play before in one of our tournaments play in our championships with tons of added cash that we've added to all year when they've contributed nothing?
July 18, 2011 11:53AM
What I am saying is, you have your invitation pre register, then you have the sn points (doesnt matter how many), then you have regular sign ups at the tourney. You would have more preregistered players causing more money for sn if sn starts getting the pre register money. Dillon, SN goes by what pdga says in THEIR rule book. So, why dont we have a rule book or competitive manual?
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 11:59AM
Because we play by the PDGA rules? I mean are you serious? Do you suggest we write a new handbook to allow beer drinking, falling puts, use our mini markers, and play 2 meters in from OB ?

LOL, it doesn't matter if you pre-register or not, it's going to be the same amount of money.
July 18, 2011 12:05PM
How is sn supposed to even compare with pdga if sn goes by what they say? SN is way different than pdga and should have their own guidlines. Yes, most of them will be the same, but it will let people know that sn is legit. Most competing corporations have the same guidlines, do you think they just go by what the other corporations have? or do they copy and paste and write there name on it?

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Because we play by the PDGA rules? I mean are you
> serious? Do you suggest we write a new handbook to
> allow beer drinking, falling puts, use our mini
> markers, and play 2 meters in from OB ?
>
> LOL, it doesn't matter if you pre-register or not,
> it's going to be the same amount of money.
July 18, 2011 01:06PM
Maybe make them have an extra fee to pay and not many of us ahve played 35+ tournaments this past year.

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Dustin, do you expect someone to never play before
> in one of our tournaments play in our
> championships with tons of added cash that we've
> added to all year when they've contributed
> nothing?
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 01:21PM
It only takes 1.
July 18, 2011 01:33PM
As far as My opinion goes I think you should have to play 3 events to get in. Dustin there is an SN event almost every Sat. of the year. Is it to much to ask for somebody to make just one of these events to play in out championships. I also think Sponsor exemption should be no longer available. As we saw from last year a player paid to get in and won more then his sponsor exemption was in the first place.
July 18, 2011 01:34PM
1= $2, is it really a big deal over $2 to not let someone play because they just started and didn't know the rules? Even if he does win, he will win a bunch of frisbees which would be wonderful for a new player instead of someone hat already has 100+ discs. And the championship is a great tournament to set the tone for a new golfer because the amount of players.

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> It only takes 1.
July 18, 2011 01:36PM
Dillon
Justin, are you saying you rather David McCormick host an SNQ and let Nikko pay $2 , as oppopsed for someone paying $1,000 sponsorship? Doesn't make much sense to me. Sponsorship is the only way the SNPC will be as big as it is.

Yes, I would... at least we would have gotten SOME of his money. The time you speak of he didn't even give us any money... someone in the host city put up the sponsorship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 18, 2011 02:00PM
You are right on the sponsorship exemptions. I am just talking about new golfers that want to play in a tournament and are turned down. People get tourned down every year at the doubles championships. Most are locals getting turned down but, I think they should get to play if there is room. Plus if you play a month before the championships, your not eligable because it is the new season. The end of the season needs to be after the championships in my oppinion.

Eric Day Wrote:
> As far as My opinion goes I think you should have
> to play 3 events to get in. Dustin there is an SN
> event almost every Sat. of the year. Is it to much
> to ask for somebody to make just one of these
> events to play in out championships. I also think
> Sponsor exemption should be no longer available.
> As we saw from last year a player paid to get in
> and won more then his sponsor exemption was in the
> first place.
July 18, 2011 02:08PM
But it is the championships.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
July 18, 2011 02:10PM
Dustin, I'm going to let someone else take over answering. I see Bluff is online, could be entertaining.
July 18, 2011 02:15PM
Why would it be entertaining? I understand why you would have to have the points. But should be 0 tolerance or not at all. You think pdga would let one of our top pros just play in pro worlds without a pdga membership?
July 18, 2011 02:48PM
Dustin, I get what your saying about new players, the big issue is that the championships are so long past the end of the season that a new player could get put in this position. If the season started on the first of the year things would make alot more since. Hopefully we would never have an issue where a SNC couldn't cap and have to go to players without points. If so it should go Top # in points, anyone with atleast 2 points, Novice players from SN, then non SN'ers
July 18, 2011 02:56PM
The season doesn't even have to end of the year, it just needs to end with the championship tournament and then start the new season.
July 18, 2011 03:02PM
Yeah but there needs to be some time allowed for end of season stats. For example the points race 09-10 came down to the last event of the year. They need time to get event results in, tends to be atleast a couple weeks before they all get in. Then registration for the event goes out to the ## players first based upon points. So at least 1 month gap would still be there. In a former discussion on here many people where against having the championship any earlier do to heat, I don't see why it's always hot down here lol
July 18, 2011 03:13PM
lol then lets end next season in october or christmas? Move the ice bowl charities to summer so we can win some money in the winter with no sweating. :)
July 18, 2011 03:14PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> lol then lets end next season in october or
> christmas? Move the ice bowl charities to summer
> so we can win some money in the winter with no
> sweating. :)

Now that sounds good lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013