Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........

Posted by Trackin01 
Re: TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........
July 18, 2011 04:35PM
Eric Day Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah but there needs to be some time allowed for
> end of season stats. For example the points race
> 09-10 came down to the last event of the year.
> They need time to get event results in, tends to
> be atleast a couple weeks before they all get in.
> Then registration for the event goes out to the ##
> players first based upon points. So at least 1
> month gap would still be there. In a former
> discussion on here many people where against
> having the championship any earlier do to heat, I
> don't see why it's always hot down here lol

Plus points discs and such need to be ordered.

BTW, new BFF it has to do with the tilt of the earth causing more direct sunlight to be on this area... same reason it gets so cold where you polar bears are from. :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 18, 2011 05:09PM
Go 1 year without the championships and have the money roll over to the next year and then it will be back on track the next year and can end at the end of the year every year from then on out. Then you will have only 1 year of confusion instead of every year.
July 18, 2011 07:11PM
Play a tournament between 1 June 2010 and 31 may 2011 and their is no problem....it really is that simple....

July 18, 2011 08:45PM
La Cote DGC Wrote:
> Play a tournament between 1 June 2010 and 31 may
> 2011 and their is no problem....it really is that
> simple....

Second this thought. Let's not forget the beauty of SN is it only takes two points to play in the championships. That shouldn't be tainted.
July 18, 2011 09:32PM
Trackin01
#9 Incentive, Incentive, Incentive to purchase a bag tag! (Can we get a disc with SN Logo on it???)

I have heard for years there is no incentive for the ams to buy a bag tag. I have an idea and hope i don't regret posting it.

It will be more work to keep up with, but here it goes:

If an am buys a 20.00 bag tag 10.00 goes to the SNPC and 10.00 goes to the am "pool" for an year end party at the SNACS. If you can sell enough you could pay for the year end party with those funds. Call the 10.00 "dedicated" for the party.

Just an idea................

July 18, 2011 11:20PM
Kevin would you please get your sponsor to kick down the $1000. So we can lay this to rest.

I think the $1000 sponsor exemption is a good idea. Not really fair to the other players who invested in the series. However a G is a G. If someone is willing to put up that much $$$ to play in one tournament. I say let em. If I had only stroked Nikko for kicking his disc all the way from Hole #3's basket to Hole #4's tee at Meeman Shelby. Mattie O would've beat him by at least 7-10 strokes. & Dave McCormick still owes me $20. I wonder if he still charges whatever he likes for his products no matter what price his website lists them for. I wouldn't know because I will never EVER got to his site or buy another one of his products EVER again!!!!

& I remember when my friend Leath Tate was turned away by Chris Lassonde in the AM division when Mobile was hosting the SNDC a few years back. Because he had no points even though his partner Cary Pownall did. If he had only been willing to pony up the $1000 he might have won a couple of frisbees. & maybe even a bag.
July 19, 2011 10:22AM
$1000 cash. I dont think it was 1000 cash. I think it was prolly 50 $20 discs lol. j/k not sure how he paid 1000 but i am assuming it was 1000 in products b/c it would not be worth nikko to come down and win $500 only if he won.
July 19, 2011 12:19PM
A local group sponsored the CASH. He came down and won over 1800.

I'd argue that the sponsorship didn't really work as he failed to play in a single qualifier this year after winning over $1,800 bucks in one weekend game of disc golf!

July 19, 2011 12:48PM
local group as in memphis area?
July 19, 2011 01:35PM
Slaw dawgs local apparel disc golf company donated $4000 to the championships. Nikko got in from that. Also, I believe slaw dawg co. Was only allowed 1 exemption, which caused some drama. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. If $1000 cash is an exemption then 4 spots should've been allowed correct?
Also, in 2009 I had about 10 touring pros trying to get in on a merchandise exemption, but when I called Jim O. He was a firm believer of $1000 cash.

For the National Players Challenge, I am not honoring a cash exemption. I want people to earn their way in and if you did not make it, better luck next year. Again, it boils down to incentive and prestigious events. I want it to stay that way. I really felt it set SN back a step by allowing Nikko in only to see that Nikko has not played in one single SN event again one year later. We don't have to worry about him this year b/c of the vibram open.
Anonymous User
July 19, 2011 01:43PM
Doug, as trying to get your NPC off the ground if someone donated $4,000 to the NPC Championship for 1 player to play you would turn him down?

By the way, Nikko did play a SNQ this year, Ozark Mountain Open, hosted by none other than David McCormack.
July 19, 2011 01:56PM
I stand corrected. My apologies.

Doug, that was the controversy. They announced that they had raised 4k and they were sponsoring the tournament with that.

Then later they started talking about exemptions. I know I personally felt that exemptions should have been mentioned from the beginning.

I'm not looking to rehash all that drama but that is basically the cliff notes of the situation and MY PERSONAL perspective in a nut shell.

July 19, 2011 02:08PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Doug, as trying to get your NPC off the ground if
> someone donated $4,000 to the NPC Championship for
> 1 player to play you would turn him down?
>
> By the way, Nikko did play a SNQ this year, Ozark
> Mountain Open, hosted by none other than David
> McCormack.

The USDGC has a sponsorship exemption, but from want I understand it is a high $$$ amount. It's a tough call on 4k or maybe it isn't, but if I make a decision like that I'd rather it be so high that players would have to make the tough decision to fork it up.

As for Nikko, that's great. I'm glad to see Dave make the effort.
July 19, 2011 02:32PM
.....we are talking about last year....

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Doug, as trying to get your NPC off the ground if
> someone donated $4,000 to the NPC Championship for
> 1 player to play you would turn him down?
>
> By the way, Nikko did play a SNQ this year, Ozark
> Mountain Open, hosted by none other than David
> McCormack.
Anonymous User
July 19, 2011 02:56PM
Dustin, do you see above in Doug's post where it says, "I really felt it set SN back a step by allowing Nikko in only to see that Nikko has not played in one single SN event again one year later."

Then I said, "Nikko did play a SNQ this year, Ozark Mountain Open, hosted by none other than David McCormack."

Why chime in on an actual civil SN discussion that two men are having before having read, or should I say understand what we are talking about.
July 19, 2011 03:11PM
I am at work and only have like 5-10 min breaks, I scrolled to far and only seen your post and thought you was talkin about someone earlier in the forum. Your talking about keeping things civil and understanding what yall are talking about? What did i say that was offensive to you?

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Dustin, do you see above in Doug's post where it
> says, "I really felt it set SN back a step by
> allowing Nikko in only to see that Nikko has not
> played in one single SN event again one year
> later."
>
> Then I said, "Nikko did play a SNQ this year,
> Ozark Mountain Open, hosted by none other than
> David McCormack."
>
> Why chime in on an actual civil SN discussion that
> two men are having before having read, or should I
> say understand what we are talking about.
July 19, 2011 03:22PM
It is best to ignore the BOD above...soon to be former...thank goodnessssssssssssss.

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
July 19, 2011 03:26PM
Does each BOD do something different or do they work together to do all?
July 19, 2011 03:33PM
Some of them do work together...some choose to just do nothing but start crap with people they do not get along with. That is one of the major things wrong with the way things are set up. People should be voted in(from here on out) to make sure that the people respect them, and want them to represent the beliefs of the many, not themselves.
It is a tough job to make everyone happy, but some people (BOD) live every single day looking for ways to aggravate and seperate themselves from those who really care about the series.

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
July 20, 2011 12:03AM
Let's say SN's #1 priority is fixing the website. What will be the process for this? Will the decision be tabled until the new BOD are voted in?
Or could it be the last project the current BOD get started.
July 20, 2011 06:41AM
We've looked into several things already. The first setback would be design. If we were to pay someone to design the new site with the capabilities of expansion and options that we could use to show tournament results, pictures, videos, course databases, etc. etc. where would the money come from?

In addition to that, who would be responsible for maintaining it? Do we want to trust a volunteer within the SN to maintain, or do we pay someone to be quick and efficient about it?

We tabled the issue once we had to start putting more time towards getting end-of-the-season type duties taken care of. I'm sure we'll pick it up with the new BoD.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
July 20, 2011 08:00AM
We can't grow with no money but everyone complains b/c pdga charges membership fees to cover all that stuff, when in fact if we do all these things to help sndg it will cause us to be just like them.
July 20, 2011 08:06AM
I will be willing to bet that the BOD could announce a merchandise raffle at the SNAC and SNPC where 100% of the profit goes to the new website cost. Would a BOD be willing to have a table at both championships for this?
Where would you get the merchandise for it? Ask here on the forum. I bet people will be willing to donate a disc or two for this cause.
What do you think?
July 20, 2011 08:17AM
Sure all the maps and videos would be "great" but c'mon.....It'll NEVER work.....

dumpin' players funds into this site will become another hole for $$ and let's face it....we have ENOUGH drama.......

the Clubs in each city should put up the $$ if they want their courses featured.....

just my 2 cents.....Griff
Anonymous User
July 20, 2011 08:26AM
Griff, that stuff would be virtually free once the site gets updated. You do agree we need a new website don't you?
July 20, 2011 08:47AM
At leaste our money will be goin to something that makes disc golf move forward instead of staying the same and hearing the same complaints every year and do nothing about it.
bryan griffin Wrote:
> Sure all the maps and videos would be "great" but
> c'mon.....It'll NEVER work.....
>
> dumpin' players funds into this site will become
> another hole for $$ and let's face it....we have
> ENOUGH drama.......
>
> the Clubs in each city should put up the $$ if
> they want their courses featured.....
>
> just my 2 cents.....Griff
July 20, 2011 11:23AM
CMS... look it up.

July 20, 2011 03:33PM
Dustin
you want disc golf to move forward....put the money to the COURSES not to websites.....

I've been around this sport for years as a sponsor, officer in two different Clubs at the same time, volunteer, etc......check yourself before you wreck yourself....

and learn the difference between a COMPLAINT and an OPINION......GEESH! Griff
July 20, 2011 04:19PM
How far has supporting courses got us? We need to support in everything, not just courses. Times are changing and directions of improvement need to change to keep everything up to date. I wasn't saying your opinion was a complaint. I am just saying, every year we see and hear the same complaints and nothing is being done. Eventually this will cause problems, disagreements, and probably people quit playing sndg tournaments. I am not saying dont put money in the courses in any way because they need money to.
July 20, 2011 06:27PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> CMS... look it up.

This is correct. www.npctour.com is a simple CMS design through wordpress and I can do whatever I want with it. I taught myself how to design everything you see on there so what you see is a true example of amateur work.

I would recommend it. Also, get a quote from Gilligan and let him make it happen. It is what he does. He is someone that can be reached if something needs to be fixed and he surrounds himself with people that know how to do this work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013