Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........

Posted by Trackin01 
Re: TOP 10 projects SN could work on but........
July 20, 2011 11:33PM
Thanks for the words... but I've warned you about associating yourself with me. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 20, 2011 11:34PM
That's awesome!!
July 21, 2011 09:00PM
From my experience so far. A company who designs websites will ask you what your looking for, how you want it done, and your budget. Once all is completed they will set up a meeting with you and walk you through how to update your site with information. Then charge a monthly rate for maintenance.
I'd rather have someone who is disc golf knowledgeable and knows what direction the site should go rather than have an outside company do it.
Just my thoughts of course.
July 21, 2011 09:02PM
Trackin01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From my experience so far. A company who designs
> websites will ask you what your looking for, how
> you want it done, and your budget. Once all is
> completed they will set up a meeting with you and
> walk you through how to update your site with
> information. Then charge a monthly rate for
> maintenance.
> I'd rather have someone who is disc golf
> knowledgeable and knows what direction the site
> should go rather than have an outside company do
> it.
> Just my thoughts of course.

The easiest choice may not always be the best......

July 21, 2011 11:03PM
[www.youtube.com]

July 22, 2011 08:02AM
^^^^I have to admit that was funny.....

July 22, 2011 09:54AM
The scene that follows is not very funny though. :(

July 24, 2011 09:17PM
Here is an idea that could be a major help for all of those Tournament Directors out there. I wish I had this opportunity when hosting an SN event.

Tournament Director Report and Sanctioning Agreement in an excel file.

I see people asking for results to be posted ASAP and that is our human nature.....now, now, now! What if we could have a TD access report where we could post results from our excel to a SN excel and poof! Instant results. Simple, easy, and quick.

Some TD's out there are proficient and have a laptop available either at the course or at home to post these results. Some still take a bit to post, but it would help with quicker results. This could take away some responsibility from John Kittrell as well and free up some time for him to do more important things.

Any thoughts on this issue? What do you think?
July 25, 2011 03:54PM
Needs ability to have access to site coding (new site?).

Also as you have seen my spread sheet did all but that. Given the way the site is configured now it was as close to that as I could get.

August 04, 2011 09:34PM
For all of you players out there posting on the SNDC thread, maybe it's time to read these suggestions and take a look at #10. If your going to host a championship, there should be a protocol. Payout percentage, organization, etc
September 07, 2011 02:18PM
I brought this back up because I think it is useful info that people need to chime in on. If you have a suggestion, post it here. Not interested in why something didn't happen at a championship, but merely a suggestion of what YOU think can work.

This is a positive, constructive thread that I am sure the BOD will take a look at. I've thrown many ideas in here and hope they can be worked on. No ONE man can fix everything. This is a players series as JIMO says and players need to do some speaking.

One thing I did not see happen, (wish I did) was an incentive to buy a SN Tag. Players are purchasing them already and the only incentive I have seen is Jim giving a $2 discount at his events. Thats a great incentive.
But what about the Amateur players across the SN Land. The mass majority of the SN players who play???? What is the incentive for them. Loyalty and support for the SN is not always the key. I wanted to see a disc go out with the tag. That didn't happen.

Thats my two cents..................
September 07, 2011 02:20PM
Forgot something................I wanted an SN number to go out with those players who purchased a tag as well, pin that number to their name, so they could look it up on the results page.

^^^^ Won't happen until a new site is implemented though.
September 07, 2011 03:00PM
I will be assigning a permanent SN number to the players I rate under my "Ratings Are Worth a Dollar" plan (RAWAD) in the order of best score. Of course, no TD has signed up yet.
September 07, 2011 03:09PM
need to make it mandatory in all sn events....if we are just rated against the people we played against, we dont need to know that they beat us b/c we can go by the scores then =/. Thanks for volunteering for ratings tho, someone needs to do it and $1 isn't bad. Whatw are you going to make your ratings based on?
September 07, 2011 03:15PM
Based on official PDGA ratings of players as propagators as of the date of the event. You are correct that the ratings won't be helpful until the 2nd rated event. Their value will increase as more TD's sign up. The question is, will they ever be worth a dollar?
September 07, 2011 03:22PM
Discjazz Wrote:
> I will be assigning a permanent SN number to the
> players I rate under my "Ratings Are Worth a
> Dollar" plan (RAWAD) in the order of best score.
> Of course, no TD has signed up yet.

What about the propagators? Are you going to set them from a large event with 100's of players from 4 rounds to set their first rating?? Then those players can will travel through the SN land with a first rating so other players can receive one too.

Also, here is the question that I have heard and was curious about.
#1 Ratings are wanted to set the tone for divisions you can play in. Bagging for instance. Some want it and some don't. Who all wants it?
#2 When asked a Touring professional what the rating meant to them, they simply said "not much, we need them for sponsorships. It's what the disc golf companies based their initial decision making from. Then performance at big events comes next" With this being said: what's in it for a SN player to have a rating system. I can see a big company looking at an SN player with an SN rating of 1000+ and saying how does that compare to the PDGA rating? Does that make sense? I am not 100% sure the sponsorship companies will be interested due to this. Now Im only speaking for the Pro's. The amateur players are a different story. It would determine who can play down a division and replace the SN rule of NO Cash in 4 events you can move down.

Just curious who wants to reply to that.
September 07, 2011 03:35PM
My plan is to keep us plugged in to PDGA ratings by using only PDGA rated propagators. I'm not opposed to morphing to true SN ratings but my initial goal is to give all SN players a rating comparable to PDGA rated players. I think we should give ratings a chance to prove their reliability before any official action is taken by the BOD. The value is that SN players will be able to compare skill and course difficulty even if they have not played together or on the same courses.
September 08, 2011 10:24AM
I want ratings! No one can get sponsored in SN without playin PDGA. We need something.
September 08, 2011 10:58AM
I thinking a couple years ago Hogman and Gilligan had a ratings system set up. I think the idea got trashed because many people didn't want to pay someone to keep up with the ratings.
September 08, 2011 11:00AM
a lot of people dont like the idea of not having ratings....thats y our top pros play pdga....
September 08, 2011 11:11AM
Who are out top pro's that play Pdga more then SN? I understand they play the big events, but who can blame them with the bigger payouts. 2 of out best Pro Open players played the SNPC over a Major Pdga event.
September 08, 2011 11:19AM
because they knew they would cash/win

Nothing against Matto but he plays more pdga but I dont blame him

He made over 2000$ in 2 events

Wouldnt you pass up a not sure NT(maybe not cash) to the SNPC where more than likely win? no one seems to care that he plays 1 and comes in and win the championship

I think we need a 3-5 tourney rule to get into SNAC or SNPC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2011 11:24AM by head.
September 08, 2011 11:37AM
head Wrote:
> because they knew they would cash/win
>
> Nothing against Matto but he plays more pdga but I
> dont blame him
>
> He made over 2000$ in 2 events
>
> Wouldnt you pass up a not sure NT(maybe not cash)
> to the SNPC where more than likely win? no one
> seems to care that he plays 1 and comes in and win
> the championship
>
>
> I think we need a 3-5 tourney rule to get into
> SNAC or SNPC

" seems to care that he plays 1 and comes in and win the championship"

2. Matt Orum 224 $4,919.00 18 11 3 1 45.78

18 events is the 4th most played by a Pro open player as of 2010-2011 season. I think you may have looked at this years by mistake.

But I do agree with the 3-5 tourney rule, I just don't think the majority of players would go for it.
September 08, 2011 11:39AM
yes my mistake the default has changed I apologize for that

I still think he chose SNPC over vibram because he knew had better chance of win

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2011 11:41AM by head.
September 08, 2011 11:43AM
head Wrote:
> because they knew they would cash/win
>
> Nothing against Matto but he plays more pdga but I
> dont blame him
>
> He made over 2000$ in 2 events
>
> Wouldnt you pass up a not sure NT(maybe not cash)
> to the SNPC where more than likely win? no one
> seems to care that he plays 1 and comes in and win
> the championship
>
>
> I think we need a 3-5 tourney rule to get into
> SNAC or SNPC

I support the SN, but I seriously do not have the time to play in 3-5 SN events a year. I did when I was single, not married, and had no kids. Now...........Family, wife & son mean the world to me and I thank my wife for letting me do what I currently do for disc golf. It went from playing a bunch of events to hosting a few and playing maybe 2-3.

I have a lot of respect for the wives that do not play. They are awesome for letting guys like me play.
September 08, 2011 11:44AM
head Wrote:
> yes my mistake the default has changed I apologize
> for that
>
> I still think he chose SNPC over vibram because he
> knew had better chance of win

Matt O. does have a history with the SNPC regardless. He is now a 5 time champion right? If I have that many titles under my belt, I would come back based on that reason.
September 08, 2011 11:47AM
nothing wrong with it I would too
September 08, 2011 11:50AM
head Wrote:
> yes my mistake the default has changed I apologize
> for that
>
> I still think he chose SNPC over vibram because he
> knew had better chance of win

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? He played 18 events in SN. Matthew i don't understand what you are trying to say and I don't want to misread anything, so please explain your line of thinking.......

September 08, 2011 12:11PM
That's just my opinion. At first it was because I thought he had only played 2 events. It's just my opinion that if he would have thought he had as good a chance to win the vibram as he did the snpc he may have went to vibram. But We know what opinions are like haha. Didn't mean anything negative either way.
April 19, 2012 03:15PM
The SN calendar is coming to an end. I thought this would be fitting to re-post and refresh some ideas. How many of these ideas have been worked on?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013