Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wall Doxey Rumble in the Jungle - Sept. 24th & 25th

Posted by Gary Wagoner 
Re: Wall Doxey Rumble in the Jungle - Sept. 24th & 25th
September 19, 2011 01:56PM
I might have some swedish plastic for you sir.
September 19, 2011 02:04PM
Hey - keep it clean fellas!!! this is a family channel!!!

j/k....

I hope to be in attendance fo' shizzle!! Griff
September 19, 2011 02:36PM
I would like to thank Wright Construction for their $100 sponsorship. Wright Construction specializes in concrete: elevated beams & slabs, retaining walls, sidewalks, slabs-on-grade, tank haunches...if it can be poured they can form it up and pour it. The only way to describe their work is perfect. They have worked for me as a subcontractor on a number of jobs and if there was even the smallest of problems they would fix it without delay or complaint. They also do concrete restoration.

Gary Wagoner
September 19, 2011 09:05PM
Gary the park would like to give a portable basket for ctp.
September 19, 2011 09:43PM
I have the ctp's covered but a portable basket would sure make a super ring of fire prize. And to any one else out there who would like to donate something...I could use some ring of fire stuff and a volunteer to run it. Are ya out there, Griff?

Gary Wagoner
September 19, 2011 11:49PM
A portable basket would make a terrific CTP also since the man has stated thats what the park wants to donate it too...a lot fairer for everyone instead of getn knocked out by a disc..
September 20, 2011 06:42AM
How about stepping up and running the Wall Doxey tournament in the spring, ScottyD? Since there is no club to hold you back you can run it however you want. Play 4 rounds starting Friday...excellent. Give DNFs their money back...go for it. Eliminate all age and gender protected pro divisions...wonderful.

Instead of telling TDs what they are doing wrong you could show us how to do it right.

Gary Wagoner
September 20, 2011 08:20AM
Go Gary...Get Ya Some!!! Good commit above. GREAT Job on STEPping UP.
September 20, 2011 09:08AM
I'd be happy and honored to run your Ring of Fire, Gary!
Definitely gonna be a great time.

Bunkhouses open, right? I don't know if I'll be down Friday or Saturday morning.....still trying to get this together! Thanks for all you do!

And thanx Brad Webb and all the great SPONSORS!!!! Truly impressive, Gary!
September 20, 2011 09:28AM
Planning on making this one. Weather's lookin perfect for a weekend camp. Hope to be down Friday afternoon!

I haven't played Wall Doxey in years and I'm having trouble remembering the layout. Does anyone have a layout or map or a link to one?
September 20, 2011 09:36AM
I would agree that a portable is a pretty good prize and if the donor wants it to go to a CTP then that's where it should go. Surely there aren't 36 CTP's prizes already delegated to holes, if so then hat's off to you Gary. Of course if the donor doesn't care then it doesn't matter.
September 20, 2011 10:09AM
Make it Pro only CTP j/k
September 20, 2011 10:31AM
Thomas,

I have already purchased the CTP prizes: one per division. I guarantee everyone will like them. The portable basket is an exceptionally nice prize. If I made it a CTP and put it in the largest division then, at best, only 25% of the players would have a shot at it and that does not seem fair to me. As the grand prize for the ring of fire 100% of the players will have an equal chance to win it. No doubt Griff will have the crowd whipped up into a frenzy.

Before I made the post about this issue I discussed it with Park Manager Jeff Davis on the phone last night and he agreed. He is even donating a starter bag for the ring of fire. That's pretty darn generous for a guy who is rumored not to like disc golf.

Griff,

Bunkhouses will be open. The only restriction is that there must be at least 7 people in a bunkhouse. You can spread out all you like as long as the minimun number are staying there. The Park budget has been severly cut back and they can not afford to open a bunkhouse for only 2 or 3 people.

Gary Wagoner
September 20, 2011 10:34AM
Sounds good Gary! I'm ready for a relaxing weekend of disc golf and camping.
September 20, 2011 10:47AM
Thanks Gary. I'll figure it out....

Looks to be a GREAT weekend!!
September 20, 2011 11:00AM
I like the Rings of Fire idea for the basket - and as always, donations to the Rings of Fire that I run can be ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DONATE.....I've had bumper stickers, car parts, ceiling fans, coolers, etc. - even USED discs....if the winner doesn't want it, it goes BACK INTO THE POT!!!!

So ya'll bring whatever!!!

If that isn't the decision, please make sure the basket goes to a CTP or ACE on a hole that ALL divisions can reach....imho of course.....Griff
September 20, 2011 02:59PM
As far as what we are going to give I have discussed with Gary that he could do what he wants to with the basket. The CTP was the first thing that came to mind. It is not a starter bag Gary it will be a compettion bag (one orange and the other pink, will let the winner decide on wich one they want)
Also this weekend we do not have any cabins they are all booked. We will open the group camp huts as we fill them up as Gary stated.
We are looking foward to a great weekend with everyone.

Jeff
September 20, 2011 03:02PM
Are people that are coming by there self allowed to get a bunkhouse with random people? i can try to round 7 people up but i dont think i can get that many to come with me.
September 20, 2011 03:11PM
Hey Jeff,

When I arrive to camp do I pay first and then go pick a site, pick a site then go pay, or pick a site and wait for a Ranger to come by? Shoulb be arriving by 4pm Friday. I'd love an orange bag btw! GO VOLS!

Dustin,

Find an open bunkhouse that has room and grab a bunk. Kind of old jailhouse style, not that I would know! haha. Just don't drop the soap if Griff's nearby. AAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!
September 20, 2011 03:36PM
I usually stay in the bunkhouses, we just never had a 7 person limit.
September 20, 2011 03:57PM
For all you guys getting in Friday please come by campsite 23...it is in the back on the left. I will be all set up to get you registered. Look for the neon palm trees. Saturday morning will, hopefully, be a mad house with a huge throng of folks wanting to register. Have pity on your TD and register Friday at a leasurely pace.

Gary Wagoner
September 20, 2011 04:01PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I usually stay in the bunkhouses, we just never
> had a 7 person limit.

You can stay in the bunkhouse even if the first one opened does not make the 7 person minimum. I have guranteed payment of the threshold amount on the first bunkhouse.

Gary Wagoner
September 20, 2011 04:28PM
If you are wanting a campsite you can call and book it (662.252.4231 office 8am -5pm) or when you get here go to the office and check with them first before getting a campsite. If it is really late then go find a campsite that doesn not have the reserve sign out. Then come by the office the next day to pay (as early as you can) People can bookk on line or by calling the 800 number and I would hate for you to loose a sight you want.

But we will be in the office till 8pm on friday night.

Jeff
September 20, 2011 05:11PM
Hoping to make this one. Weather looks to be great, played both courses the other day and they are in good shape. Gary has worked hard and we are honoring "THE MAN" behind disc golf growth in Mississippi State parks. The "NEW MAN" Jeff is stepping up and we should all throw him and this tournament a ton of support.
September 20, 2011 07:23PM
Gary,i never stated you were doing things the wrong way guy,come on now.just merely suggestions that 1 large pro field paying out 50% would be cool since the courses are so short.i commend you gary on one helll of a job preparing and raising sponsors for this tourny.most excellent..on the basket as a ring of fire,i just think not many players(women,jr's,novice's,amateurs) are not likely to can 5-- 30' putts in a row to win,BUT hole 4 is like 110' long and all players will play that hole throughout the weekend..you wouldnt make it for the largest field G...the whole field over the whole weekend..my opinion and im sure anyone elses who thinks about it is much fairer for everyone.So b4 you get all negatice again guy,just try accept thoughts n suggestions from people.gee-wizzz
September 21, 2011 07:42AM
This tournament will be huge!!!!! Make sure that you get your groups together for the bunkhouses. That way you can stay with the people you want to hang out with.

See everyone this weekend!
September 21, 2011 07:56AM
ScottyD, I don't need for you to TELL me how to run a tournament...I need for you to SHOW me how its done. The spring event at Wall Doxey is called the Dogwood Classic and there is no club to run it. You said that it was no problem for you to TD the (Memphis) Dogwood Classic and here is an excellent opportunity for you to keep your word. If someone you have called a dumb @#$%& can muddle through this tournament you ought to be able to knock the next one out of the park.

Gary Wagoner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 07:57AM by Gary Wagoner.
Anonymous User
September 21, 2011 08:10AM
ScottyD , that sounds like a challenge. Are you up for it? Gary has done a fine job of raising funds for this tournament and I know it will be a grade A event. Would like to see what you could do to follow it up in the spring.
September 21, 2011 11:25AM
I saw the pile of swag while knocking back a few at Gary's house- You do NOT want to miss this one! I tried to get him sloshed enough that he wouldn't notice me walking out with a few discs, but he was too sharp for me.....Guess I'll have to win some.
September 21, 2011 02:47PM
Preregistration is officially over. The following folks are signed up.

Barry Gill - PGM
Gary Wagoner - PGM
Byron Wood - PGM
Jack Van Hooser - MAM

I will not have the opportunity to take whatever arrives in the mail today to the bank before I leave town. If you have mailed me a check or planned to mail a check time has run out. You should make provisions to register in person with cash Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday morning.

Gary Wagoner
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013