Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question

Posted by La Cote DGC 
Question
July 25, 2011 09:18AM
What do TDs think about a standardized pay out system for SN?

I am thinking about going to a system for deeper payout increasing with the more difficult the division.

Example:
Jr. and Novice would receive a disc for signing up and a 1st place plaque for the winner.

All Intermediate divisions (male and female) would get a 15.00 disc for registering and pay the top 3 places.

All Advance divisions (male and female) the pay out would be top 1/3 of the field.

All Open divisions (male and female) the pay out would be top 1/2 plus 1.

I am thinking of going to this payout system for La Cote tournaments in French Settlement and Ragley.

Please keep the comments non ban able.......LOL

July 25, 2011 09:20AM
So your saying take the Am entry fee money and give it to the pros? or would the am entry fees stay with the Ams?
Re: Question
July 25, 2011 09:39AM
I am not moving any money!

Am pays 20.00 to play they get 15.00 disc 5.00 goes to payout. 20 ams is 100.00 for pay out. minus plaque cost.

Guess I should have put the entry fee as part of it.

July 25, 2011 09:43AM
Keith,
I don't think the increased payout system as given is a good idea. THis series has always been "for the players" - encouraging the novice and am divisions and resulting in fields that rival any DG series anywhere....

The heart of our series being the players, I cannot agree to the structure as suggested.

Sure there is bagging, etc. but bagging can be dealt with by creating firm and understandable guidelines on "move up" requirements.....to put it simply - not everyone wants or cares about being "pro"......play where you are comfortable and have a good time should outweigh the restrict the am divisions and cause folks to move up by weighting the payouts to the higher divisions.....

This is my opinion.....

I feel you would see a direct hit on your attendance and the number of newbie players willing to enter tourneys....

To me this idea does not translate to a positive outcome for the SN........Peace bro, Griff
July 25, 2011 09:54AM
Thanks Griff!

I understand your point and did not think of it from that view point.

July 25, 2011 10:04AM
I think this is a great idea. This will entice some of the competitors that should be in a higher division to move on up.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 10:05AM
Keith, I would say try it once then ask for feedback. Just post ahead of time your payout expirement. It might work great.
July 25, 2011 10:29AM
You will make pros upset b/c 1st place cash will be garbage from paying out half. Won't have incentive for open to travel. The rest looks alright....maybe not a set top 3 ams bc if your a good am player it would cause the top am in sn to never move up. If anything, you should payout more ams so that the winner of the am tournament wont get as much so he will move up and more people will come out of the tournament with something.
July 25, 2011 10:36AM
I disagree with the payout for Open. But I am just looking at it from my tournaments. I always add much $$$ to all Open divisions.

July 25, 2011 11:18AM
With a deeper payout in open you'll get more adv. players wanting to test the waters. It's a pretty tall order when you show up to a tourney and there's 9 open players consisting of Matt, Fowler, DD, Rivers, Tony, Bernie, Cameron etc....Matt and Fowler are so consistent that most times that's spots 1 and 2 taken. Add a couple of payout spots and you'll get others stepping up because of the additional chance to cash.

Mike-b
July 25, 2011 01:03PM
it isn't right to take away from the winners of the tournament just to make more pro's happy. Most pro's doesnt even want a players pack for this same reason. The only way it would work would be a lot of added cash.
July 25, 2011 01:33PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it isn't right to take away from the winners of
> the tournament just to make more pro's happy.

> Most pro's doesnt even want a players pack for
> this same reason. The only way it would work
> would be a lot of added cash.

Please show me where I said take money from the winners to give to the pros.......

La Cote DGC
I am not moving any money!

Am pays 20.00 to play they get 15.00 disc 5.00 goes to payout. 20 ams is 100.00 for pay out. minus plaque cost.

Guess I should have put the entry fee as part of it.

July 25, 2011 01:52PM
If you pay out half then it is taking the money from the top players because you have to scatter it over more places causing a loss for the winners.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 01:56PM
^ Not with added cash....
July 25, 2011 02:09PM
Dustin,
Never mind....

Thank you for your comments.

Good Luck.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 02:20PM by La Cote DGC.
July 25, 2011 02:26PM
I would like to see a flipflop from what we have.....like pay 1/4 of am div + a nive player pack...pay 1/2 of adv with an ok player pack and pay 1/2 of pro with most added $ go to pro. Also if nov and jr only get what stated then i say on the 2 day events let em just play 1 day.
July 25, 2011 03:00PM
That would be better...dillon if there is added cash, then the winner should get more money ....not just add on to the payout.

RobbyHarris Wrote:
> I would like to see a flipflop from what we
> have.....like pay 1/4 of am div + a nive player
> pack...pay 1/2 of adv with an ok player pack and
> pay 1/2 of pro with most added $ go to pro. Also
> if nov and jr only get what stated then i say on
> the 2 day events let em just play 1 day.
July 25, 2011 03:09PM
Wasn't tryin to offend or bash on anyone's idea. I was just stating what a lot of the pros will say. Shoot if pro's got paid out 50% i have a better chance at getting money b/c i never win an open tournament (unless its tupelo ice bowl and i am the only one there :) ). Players in the Intermediate doesnt need to win a lot and there will be a nice incentive to move up. As long as they keep winnin $300-400 worth of plastice for each win....why would they move up to open and barely win more than that..Even though its money, they usually can't win open tournaments all the time and would rather have the definate plastic/merchandise to sell.
July 25, 2011 03:16PM
That is what I am trying to accomplish.........

July 25, 2011 03:25PM
Well then make the players pack really nice so the winnings seem like they barely won anything :). Players pack 3/4 of the entry fee would have made me move up. I have been to tournaments where I won an intermediate and only got like $50 but it was a voucher ( and a plaque).
July 25, 2011 03:27PM
and of course keep the payout % so its hard for someone to make alot from an am division.
July 25, 2011 04:05PM
Dustin
would rather have the definate plastic/merchandise to sell.

To paraphrase my bro-in-law, "Spoken like a true bagger"

Keith, you should have left your original post... I thought it had a good point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 25, 2011 04:17PM
I am speaking like a true bagger? I play in the open division.
July 25, 2011 04:23PM
It's the new non-combative poster....I am trying it out see how it fits.

July 25, 2011 04:27PM
La Cote DGC Wrote:
> It's the new non-combative poster....I am trying
> it out see how it fits.

lol..... glad you are back :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
July 25, 2011 05:05PM
dustin morris Wrote:
> I am speaking like a true bagger? I play in the
> open division.

It was partial joke.

[www.youtube.com]

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 25, 2011 05:11PM
But there is so many things that could be done about bagging, just people don't want to push anyone away from disc golf. And this will always go back to ratings b/c we wouldn't have to do anything about bagging if we had ratiings b/c they would have to throw tournaments in order to bag. Maybe, if you have won an event at that certain tourny, you should move up in that tourny for the next year. And each TD or the BOD have a list of each winner on each tournament to let them know that they can not play in that particular division after you won it in the past year.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2011 05:18PM
^ You mean like when OGB called you out at Wall Doxey and said you would never play AM again in one of his tournaments?

[www.sndg.org]

LOL.
July 25, 2011 05:22PM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
> I would like to see a flipflop from what we
> have.....like pay 1/4 of am div + a nive player
> pack...pay 1/2 of adv with an ok player pack and
> pay 1/2 of pro with most added $ go to pro. Also
> if nov and jr only get what stated then i say on
> the 2 day events let em just play 1 day.

This seems like the best way to me. Except for tournaments where there is only like 8 or so ams, then I would pay top 3

Mississippi State Disc Golf
July 25, 2011 10:24PM
OGB never said anything like that to me. He said I should be playing in a higher division but never said that i would never play am agian in his tournaments....craig williamson said that and i only won by a few strokes

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> ^ You mean like when OGB called you out at Wall
> Doxey and said you would never play AM again in
> one of his tournaments?
>
> [www.sndg.org]
> 2409
>
> LOL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013