Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PDGA App for I phone

Posted by dangerousdon 
PDGA App for I phone
July 27, 2011 11:45AM
The new PDGA I phone app is out. Check it out at I Tunes.

Dangerous Don
Re: PDGA App for I phone
July 27, 2011 12:53PM
Not worth $4.99
July 27, 2011 01:08PM
what does it do? do you have to be a pdga member to use it?
July 27, 2011 01:13PM
Sean Causey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what does it do? do you have to be a pdga member
> to use it?

Im with Sean on this one. What is the purpose of the app and of course I could quit being lazy and just read about it. lol
July 27, 2011 01:56PM
Definitely not worth 4.99. I looked up the info and it is basically a score card but with a course directory. IMO, if you are a disc golfer, you know the courses in your area and\or have searched for the ones located where you are going. PDGA always wanting that money.
July 27, 2011 06:54PM
Actually I would disagree, you are getting something for your $5 this way and it will probably improve over time. It does keep score, and gives you a round rating. I need to do some reading to figure out how it does that without any other rated players to compare to.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
Anonymous User
July 28, 2011 12:55PM
5$ ? I thought there was going to be a free version? I can think of plenty of other things to spend $5 on. There are already tons of free scorecard apps and I don't need an app on my phone to tell me I'm shooting like sh.....
July 28, 2011 07:19PM
I have wasted $5 on things that were not nearly as useful!

It is pretty cool that you can download course information from the directory, save them and call them up for direction when traveling! The directory is a lot more that $5 and you have to buy a new one every so often!

I know I will get my $5 worth out of it!

Thanks Don, in fact, the day before it was released, I did PDGA search in the iTunes store and did not come up with anything!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
July 29, 2011 04:34PM
Shane,

I think it compares you to the course's average SSA or something along those lines.
July 31, 2011 12:38PM
Well. it does have a few bugs!

I was entering text in a couse search, and now the "keyboard" will not hide, not good!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
July 31, 2011 04:27PM
Reload it, that will sometimes fix stuff. Reload is free.

Dangerous Don
July 31, 2011 07:07PM
The keyboard sticking occurs intermittently in two places. The coder is working with Apple for resolution. If it sticks while looking up a course, then back out to Start Round and select a course you've already Saved. Tap on the blue arrow to the right side of the listing. You'll see the course edit screen that should clear the keyboard. The other stick sometime happens when entering a custom course length. Back all the way out to Start Round, tap on the blue arrow for the top course on the list and select Edit Hole Info to clear keyboard. It's annoying and our testers have all had it happen once in a while.
July 31, 2011 09:45PM
Used it today and compared to the other three apps I have had in the past this one is very user friendly for taking score. It assumes you make a 3 and you either hit the plus sign or the minus sign to score anything other than a three. Big display so I don't need my reading glasses. It keeps track of who holds the box and it keeps track of how far up or down you are from par.

Dangerous Don
August 02, 2011 12:33PM
Thanks cgk, that did the trick! Now I can use it the next time I go out and play a round!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 12:35PM by DG Guy.
August 16, 2011 08:16AM
I've used this a few time so far and am liking it. I too was wondering how it did the round rating. It would be nice if it gave the distance for each hole fo times when there are no tee signs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013