Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

7th Annual Copper Hills Classic - Millington, TN * Sep 17-18 *

Posted by FatbackBob 
7th Annual Copper Hills Classic - Millington, TN * Sep 17-18 *
July 28, 2011 10:54PM
2011 Copper Hills Classic - Three Rounds - 68 Holes

Tournament Directors: Robby Uhrman and Todd Bagwell
Date(s): 09/17/2011 - 09/18/2011
Location: Edmund Orgill Park - Millington, TN and Valentine Park - Munford, TN
SNDG Qualifier and PDGA B-Tier
Event will be capped at 100 players.

PRESENTED BY:
MEMPHIS DISC GOLF CLUB
TIPTON COUNTY DISC GOLF

DIVISION AND ENTRY FEES
Pro Open:$50
Pro Women:$50
Pro Master:$50
Pro Master Women:$50
Pro Grandmaster:$50
Advanced:$40
Advanced Master:$40
Advanced Grandmaster:$40
Intermediate:$30
Intermediate Women:$30

All players that are NOT CURRENT PDGA members will be asked to pay a $10 non-member fee.

NOTES:
Any non-listed division may be opened with enough interest and 3 players to make the division.
www.memphisdiscgolf.com

PLAYERS MEETING
The Players Meeting will begin at the pavilion Northwest of the course parking lot at 9:30 a.m. at Orgill.
Attendance is mandatory. Out of bounds, order of play, and alternate teepads will be covered at the Player's Meeting.

PLAYERS PACKAGE
Amateur competitors will receive a players package which will consist of a tournament stamped disc.

TEE TIMES
1st Round- Edmund Orgill - Short Positions - 20 hole format
Saturday at
10:00 a.m.

2nd Round- Edmund Orgill - Long Positions - 20 hole format
1 hour after last card from 1st round

3rd Round- Valentine Park - 28 hole format
Sunday at
9:00 a.m.

That's right. This tournament will be three rounds, but we will play 68 holes!!

OTHER ACTIVITIES
The Awards Ceremony will be held at the conclusion of the third round at the pavilion at Valentine Park in Munford.
The Ace Pot will be $3 per player and any ace will take the entire pot. Multiple aces will chop the pot. In the event of no ace, there will be a throw-off and the single closest disc will claim the entire ACE POT. There will be one ace pot for the event. AMs and PROs combined.

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
In order to provide a generous payout and run a quality event, we will be aggressively seeking sponsorships for this event.
We are asking $25 for each hole sponsorship, and it is our goal to cover every hole (ALL 48) with sponsorship signs.
Below you will see maps of each course that reveal the order of play for each course. Also, they have names listed for holes that have already been sponsored. If you are interested in contributing to this event with a $25 hole sponsorship or at any other level, please post your intentions to do so in this thread and we will contact you with how to take care of this. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Orgill Sponsorship Map

Valentine Sponsorship Map

Finally, let me restate two points:

(1) If you are not a current PDGA member (paid membership for the 2011 season), you will need to pay a $10 non-member fee on top of the entry fee for your division (posted above).

(2) This event will be capped at 100 players. We are two months away from this event, and I already know a large number of players that have expressed interest. Contact me for information on pre-registering in order to assure you get a spot in this event.

We are looking forward to seeing you in September. The 28 holes format in Valentine will feature 10 holes from Valentine 2 - their new course. I think you'll be excited to see these new holes and all the hard work that the Tipton County Disc Golf Club has done to the course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 11:03PM by FatbackBob.
Re: 7th Annual Copper Hills Classic - Millington, TN * Sep 17-18 *
July 28, 2011 10:58PM
Sponsorship Maps:

Will be updated as more sponsorships come in. Edited maps will be posted in this thread. Let's FILL EM UP!

The only hole that seems to have been cut off from Valentine is Hole "I" which is a long open hole. It is actually hole #10 from Valentine 2.

- - - -

It should be clear from the maps how we will move through each course. If it isn't, please read below.

Orgill: Holes 1-6, then A, then 7-18, and finish on B.

Valentine: Holes 1-16, then A-J, and then finish holes 17 and 18 from the original course. This makes 28 holes.
July 28, 2011 11:20PM
Sounds great Robby n Todd.how bout adding $3 to the entry's and make it a NPC event Qualifier also..Good luck on makin the cut up north bro n Safe travels to you n your girlfriend on your way back to the M-TOWN BRO...1 more thing,is the memphis club ace pot eligible for bagtag holders in this tournament?
July 28, 2011 11:34PM
Scottyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ]1 more thing, is the
> memphis club ace pot eligible for bagtag holders
> in this tournament?

Very good question. I'll speak with Todd and get back to you as soon as I know.
July 28, 2011 11:55PM
Check on that NPC thing also please...Glad to have a PDGA event in memphis this year..PRO WORLDS IS.IN charlotte next year so it would be cool to b able to send a team of players over there next year...Also,do you know if this is the same weekend as the memphis air show @ the base..im pretty sure its scheduled for around that same time.that would be soooo awesome if it was..a lil advice bro ,if your gonna play orgill ditcges as o.b.,its much easier to drive a small 1x2 stake in the ground n pull a string..much more easier n faster n more fair..just a thought bro.thanks for stepping up n running this event RoBBY n TODD.
July 29, 2011 12:10AM
Scottyd Wrote:
> Sounds great Robby n Todd.how bout adding $3 to
> the entry's and make it a NPC event Qualifier
> also..Good luck on makin the cut up north bro n
> Safe travels to you n your girlfriend on your way
> back to the M-TOWN BRO...1 more thing,is the
> memphis club ace pot eligible for bagtag holders
> in this tournament?

Scottie: It would be $25 sanctioning fee (100%) goes to the NPC Championship and an extra $2 per player instead of $3. Hope that helps. Robby has PM me about it. I sent him the info and it will be voted on from the club to determine if they want to make it an NPC qualifier. Thanks for the props on it!
July 29, 2011 12:12AM
I just read it was a duel sanctioned event SN and PDGA............That is a lot of fees (triple santioning is tuff) Major sponsorships are needed for this event if it goes Triple sanctioning.
July 29, 2011 06:26AM
Doug / Scotty:

We thought long and hard about this one, but the idea of triple sanctioning the event seemed a bit too much to take on.

This event will not be a NPC qualifier. We will try to schedule something to give Memphis players a chance to get into the NPC.
August 02, 2011 09:29AM
The stamp for our player's pack discs and many discs in the payout will look like this:
(THANKS TO : Curt Crocker - local graphic artist and putting extraordinare):

We have 8 holes sponsored but our goal is to cover the other 40!!

If you are in a position to help out, please sponsor the 2011 Copper Hills Classic. $25 per hole sponsor and you can pick your hole.

Cheers!

Robby Uhrman III

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 09:30AM by FatbackBob.
August 06, 2011 04:17PM
Sponsorship List:

Jim Gregory (2 holes)
Ernie Rodriguez (2 holes)
Todd Bagwell
Annie Dickerson
Robby Uhrman
Pete Richter

Online registration will open at PDGA.com on the tour schedule sometime this week. You can also register by check to me in advance. PM me with interest and we'll sort out the details.

This event will be CAPPED at 100 PLAYERS.

If you have any questions or would like to sponsor a hole for $25, please let me know. We are ordering discs with the stamp above in these molds:

Glow KC Aviar
DX Roc (all white)
Champ Leopards
Star Wraith
Echo Star Boss
Star Archon
Champ Ape
Champ Sidewinder
Star Firebird

If you sponsor two holes or more, you can pick any disc from the tourney stamped order.

COPPER HILLS CLASSIC IN 6 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!
August 06, 2011 11:35PM
In this tournament, it is not mandatory for me to play in open because it is dual sanctioned right? I cashed in open about 3 tournaments ago, so i could play in the division i play in pdga tournaments correct?
August 07, 2011 12:16AM
if you do not have a pdga rating, then you would have to play open

without a rating, nobody "really" knows how good you are other than your past performances in the SN series, where you cashed in Open
August 07, 2011 12:18AM
What if i buy one before the tournament?
August 07, 2011 10:31AM
I encourage you to buy one before the event because I think it's worth the $50 to be a member...

But...

You won't have a rating until you compete. If you were rated under 975 you could play advanced (as long as you hadn't accepted $ in PDGA events).

Without the rating, your SN past (cashing in open) will determine your eligibility.
August 07, 2011 11:49AM
If i purchase one will my past pdga tournaments count as my rating? i read somewhere that the past 8 tournaments will pop up as the rating reguardless of the year. If that is the case, i only had 1 round out of like 6 that is 1000+ rating.
August 07, 2011 11:18PM
Hmmm. Ask the PDGA how long that would take. They always answer during the day when I call.

Btw - 1 of 6 at 1000+ is pretty nice :)

I'm 1 of around 200 at 1000+...
August 08, 2011 12:47AM
dustin morris Wrote:
> What if i buy one before the tournament? Actually Dustin,this is the worst time to buy a pdga membership..wait till october n your membership will b good for the remainder of this year and all of next year otherwise your membership will expire on jan 1st and youll have to renew
August 08, 2011 07:43AM
Thanks, Ill prolly just wait on buying a membership until october then. Still gonna play this tournament though.
Online Registration
August 09, 2011 02:23PM
** ONLINE REGISTRATION IS UP AT PDGA.COM **

Or you can send in a check to me (Private Message me for address). I'll be updating the "Registered List" on PDGA.com as player's register.

The CAP @ 100 players will be strictly enforced so register now to assure you get a spot.

All Ams will get a tournament stamped disc in premium plastic and we are still seeking hole sponsors for $25.

Looking forward to a good one.

For online registration, go to:
[www.pdgasignup.com]

For the September PDGA tour schedule, go to:
[www.pdga.com]

Cheers!

Robby Uhrman III
Anonymous User
Re: Online Registration
August 09, 2011 03:40PM
Dillon Gourley - Intermediate.
August 09, 2011 10:15PM
Would like to THANK our newest sponsors:

Carpenter Specialties (2 holes)
DKG Disc Sports (2 holes)

We have 36 holes left that are open for sponsorship...
$25 per hole - pick your hole!
August 11, 2011 05:54PM
This IS the weekend of the airshow! Blue Angels n' everything, gonna be awesome!
August 14, 2011 02:37AM
I will be there!
August 14, 2011 07:54PM
Wish I could make it, but my son turns 4 that day! September is not my month for golf. Lol
August 15, 2011 07:47AM
Byron Wood Wrote:
> This IS the weekend of the airshow! Blue Angels
> n' everything, gonna be awesome!

Very True! I heard that in years' past when these two fell on the same weekend that the Blue Angels flew over the course during the rounds. Sounds awesome...

@ Doug: Happy Birthday to your son and we'll see you soon up here or down at Burns...
August 15, 2011 10:42PM
Updated Sponsor List:

Jim Gregory (2 holes)
Shifted Image (2 holes)
Todd Bagwell
Annie Dickerson
Robby Uhrman
Pete Richter

34 holes remain that need tee sponsors. Let's fill these courses for the 7th Annual Copper Hills Classic!

$25 per hole and you can pick your hole (updated sponsorship maps will be posted soon).

EVENT IN LESS THAN FIVE WEEKS!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 10:43PM by FatbackBob.
August 17, 2011 12:45PM
Any LR crew going to this one?

Zack
August 17, 2011 08:44PM
I have Not played in any tournaments would i be in the open class? How can i get in the intermediate class before this tournament?
August 17, 2011 09:38PM
Liltigerfan_24 Wrote:
> I have Not played in any tournaments would i be in
> the open class? How can i get in the intermediate
> class before this tournament?

I sent you a PM...

The "Open" class is the pro division. If you have not competed in a tournament before, then I would suggest playing in the Intermediate division and if you are interested in getting in before the tournament, then you should pre-register.

We have online registration open at PDGA.com or you can PM me or Todd Bagwell in order to mail in a check for pre-registration.

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing you!
August 17, 2011 09:53PM
Sponsor Update:

Anthony Byars (2 holes) new
Jim Gregory (2 holes)
Shifted Image (2 holes)
Todd Bagwell
Annie Dickerson
Robby Uhrman
Pete Richter

We have 16 holes of 48 sponsored (33%)...

$25 per hole and 32 remain. I've updated the Sponsorship maps and they are posted below. Please PM me or call anytime to sponsor a hole and disc golf in the Memphis area. This tournament is shaping up into something nice. Make arrangements to be here September 17-18.

ORGILL SPONSOR MAP

VALENTINE SPONSOR MAP

Robby Uhrman III
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013