Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

7th Annual Copper Hills Classic - Millington, TN * Sep 17-18 *

Posted by FatbackBob 
Re: 7th Annual Copper Hills Classic - Millington, TN * Sep 17-18 *
September 11, 2011 12:12AM
Who's going to be able to make this one? We have 11 registered now and we have secured over $800 in added cash. Rigid 100 person CAP.

This just in : : FREE AIR SHOW. There will be an air show going on nearby and a variety of performing aircrafts will be flying over the course throughout the day on Saturday. Expect to see the Blue Angels during the second round. More info below...

:::::::::::::::::::::: AIR SHOW INFO :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Visitors will find something exciting for everyone at Memphis Airshow 2011 presented by FedEx Express at Millington Regional Jetport. The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will headline the show, which will celebrate the Centennial of Naval Aviation. There'll also be a prestigious group of civilian aerobatic performers, world-class parachuting, a collection of modern and vintage aircraft for spectators to explore
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 12:12AM by FatbackBob.
September 11, 2011 02:04AM
Orgill looks the best I've seen it...EVER!!!!! Thanks to all the guys that put the time in yesterday & the past couple of weeks. THE COURSE LOOKS AWESOME!!! Now let's fill up all 100 player slots for the tournament as well as get all the holes sponsored!!! Less than a week away Everybody!!!
September 11, 2011 06:59AM
Just wondering why there is a 100 person cap when your playing 2 different courses 15 minutes apart and the T.D. Isnt even playing.no one wants to play 5-somes on every hole..So are you seriously gonna tell #'s 101-120 in line to sign up that im sorry but yall cant play in this rournament.Whats the thinkin behind this??Playin 5 somes when you have another course that all players are playing only 15 minutes away.Thanks
September 11, 2011 11:14AM
Good questions Scotty...

With our 100 person cap, here is a graph where the top line is our cap:

We have seen a steady decline in attendance for this event, and Todd and I (along with everyone who's helped work on all of the courses: Jeff Karl, Rich, Ernie, Randy, Joe, Danny, DooRagg, Brandon Wilburn and everyone at Valentine, Jonathan Ray, Aaron Burch, and many more) have been working hard to revitalize this event.

To see the event peak at 89 in 2007 and drop to 54 in 2010 is discouraging. I know that we could shoot even bigger and aim for running two pools on both courses. But, we have always run this event one day at each course. It has never been split into two pools, but I would LOVE to see it get there. If we have to cut the registration off this year or if we see a huge spike in attendance (close to 100), then we will certainly do that next year.

Reasons to keep it capped and on one course each day:

[*] We have had a TON of volunteers and hole sponsors adding up to over $800. We want them all to be able to play. I'm sitting out to make sure things run smoothly (I would LOVE to play this event).
    [*] The Air Show is only on Saturday at Orgill and I want all the players to be able to witness that during their rounds.
    [*] Slightly slower play is a fair tradeoff for me when it allows for less confusion. With new pin placements at Orgill, the need to move all baskets in between rounds, and alternate holes in play, I'd prefer to be on site for that if any questions or concerns arise during play.
    [*] Historically, we have never broken into two pools
    [*] We have advertised this CAP from the very first post (July 28th, 2011). Every player knows how to register and we have online registration open at PDGA.com. If you want to play, PM me, call me, register online before Thursday, register at the Slawdog Doubles on Friday, but don't show up at 9:30 on Saturday and expect you'll be in.
    [*] Events like this are capped all over the country for reasons similar to the ones above. I've played in many of them.

We just aren't prepared for that scenario at this time and we have planned everything around the current layout. With 11 pre-registered, we have 89 spots open. I would honestly love it if we did reach the cap, and that will motivate us to run this in two pools next year. I will hate turning any golfers down that morning, but I know that we have been very clear about this cap.

Scotty, I thank you for bringing this up, because if nothing else it will hopefully draw more attention to that cap, and it might motivate players to pre-register and assure their spot. We have put Dogwood level work into this event and I guarantee it will be a good time for 100 or less players.
September 11, 2011 11:15AM
The graph shows all years of Copper Hills since its inaugural in 2005. That first year was a Doubles event and 2006 and on is singles.

If you're coming from OUT of TOWN, please PRE-REGISTER. I will certainly feel bad saying no to folks who've traveled 2 hours or more, but the answer will still be the same. Registration is the player's responsibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 11:22AM by FatbackBob.
September 12, 2011 03:34PM
Put me down for this one

Lloyd Wilkins - Advanced

trying to get some more Judges to come down with me.

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
September 12, 2011 04:09PM
If Hammock shows up this weekend, ya'll gonna let him play?????

bad joke, but a serious question.......
September 12, 2011 08:12PM
Glad to hear you'll make it Lloyd. I can't reserve spots on verbal commitments.

If you want to make sure you'll be in, register online at PDGA.com or you can register friday night at doubles at Orgill.

Otherwise, just make it up here early. I should be up there around 7:30 am.

Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 08:14PM by FatbackBob.
Anonymous User
September 12, 2011 08:41PM
Do you have paypal ? I'd like to register too.
September 12, 2011 11:55PM
I wish I could come....Stupid CLASSES!!!

Andrew Montgomery
PDGA # 48554
September 13, 2011 08:25AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you have paypal ? I'd like to register too.

Sorry Dillon. I can't accept paypal as a form of payment for registration.

We now have 18 players registered and you can view the registration list at:
[www.pdga.com]

We have multiple ways to register. I'll be at Orgill tonight at 4:30 to 8:00 for league. You can register there or Thursday night at Valentine or Friday Dubs at Orgill. Register any of those nights with cash. Or you can register anytime before Thursday night at 7pm CST at PDGA.com online:
[www.pdgasignup.com]

I am confident this event will come very close to filling up. If you wait until Saturday morning, get there early.

Robby Uhrman III
September 13, 2011 08:33AM
signed up online,

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Anonymous User
September 13, 2011 01:42PM
Already paying $10 fee for non member, not paying $3.50 handling charges for online signup. See yall Saturday morning.
September 13, 2011 02:52PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Already paying $10 fee for non member, not paying
> $3.50 handling charges for online signup. See yall
> Saturday morning.

Fair enough. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of Tupelo...
September 13, 2011 08:49PM
Current Registration List:
[www.pdga.com]

21 Registered - ONLY 79 SPOTS REMAIN

!!!UPDATE!!!

SLAWDOG DOUBLES WILL START

~*~ AT 5:00 PM ~*~

We played the long layout tonight and started at 5:00. It was dark by 7:15. The 5:45 start time was a miscalculation on our part.

I'll be out there to register folks as early as 4pm.

Robby Uhrman III

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 08:50PM by FatbackBob.
September 14, 2011 09:02AM
Updated Sponsor List (35 of 48 holes sponsored)

Orgill

1. DKG Disc Sports
2. ATC Fitness
3. Shifted Image
4. Carpenter Specialties
5. Ernie Rodriguez
6. ATC Fitness
A. Ernie Rodriguez
7. FaithSkate Ministries
8. Annie Dickerson
9. Anthony Byars
10. SLAWDOG
11. Robby Uhrman
12. Steve Cross & Greg Moody
13. Steve & Shack Cross
14. Joe Seboldt
15. Jim Gregory
16. SLAWDOG
17. Pete Richter
18. Anthony Byars
B. Martin Auto Sales

Valentine
1. DKG Disc Sports
2. Carpenter Specialties
3. ATC Fitness
4. Joe Seboldt
5. WWW.DAFFYSHIRTS.COM
6. Laura and Bob Meyers
7. SLAWDOG
11. Jim Gregory
12. Jonesboro Disc Golf Club
13. Republic Roofing and Restoration
16. SLAWDOG
A.
B.
C.
D.
E.
F.
G.
H.
I. Bouncing Around Memphis
J. Todd Bagwell
17. ATC Fitness
18. Shifted Image

I would like to thank our newest sponsors: Steve Cross, Greg Moody, Steve (son) & Shack Cross, Faithskate Ministries...

OVER $800 ADDED!

78 SPOTS REMAIN - 22 REGISTERED

[www.pdga.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 10:00AM by FatbackBob.
September 14, 2011 09:58AM
There is now a discount for SN bagtag holders at any La Quinta hotel nationwide...

Thanks to Steve Hollis of Mango Disc Golf (The Parker on the forums) for securing a hotel discount through the La Quinta hotel chain. The discount for current 2011-2012 SN Bag Tag holders is 10% off any La Quinta hotel nationwide. Your stay doesn't have to be disc golf related, you just need a bag tag.

Players using this will need to have an ID and their tag if requested at check in. Booking information:

* Click this link: [www.lq.com]

* Receive 10% discount.

The nearest LaQuinta to the courses for this event is located at:

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
2839 New Brunswick Rd, Memphis, TN
(901) 377-2772

Thanks again Steve for securing this discount for our series!
September 14, 2011 11:31AM
Also - Millington Central High School DISC GOLF CLUB is starting again this week.

I am setting up a booth tomorrow at the high school and recruiting new players.

If anyone who is attending the event has any extra used discs that they could donate to our club, please bring them to me at the tournament. I will make sure they are put to good use and the club will surely have some brand new members who have never played disc golf before. Take part in the growth of the sport by passing on your old Teebirds, Rocs, and Aviars... Or ANY drivers, mids, and putters are much appreciated... Thank you in advance!

Robby Uhrman III
September 14, 2011 01:25PM
Wow... lots of posts today... Here is one more...

If you have NEVER had a PDGA number and you attend this event and pay the $10 non-member fee,

You will have the opportunity to receive for that $10:

(a) PDGA rules book
(b) free mini
(c) Lifetime PDGA # (that part is cool) We're in the 50,000's now...

More information at:
[www.pdga.com]

I will give you a card at the event that allows you to do this. It is your responsibility to ask for it and do the work after the event to secure your supporting membership, but I will announce it and do everything I can to make this opportunity available to you.

Thanks!

Robby Uhrman III
September 14, 2011 04:27PM
Im ready for this event, been a long time since ive played both of these courses, back in 2009

Im bringing at least one Judges member with me, an AM Jacob Edwards.

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

September 14, 2011 04:33PM
Idk if i wanna compete in adv or get trashed in pro.....again lol but looks like im gonna make it.
September 14, 2011 08:46PM
I'm leaning towards coming over as well......I'll have SN bag tags available for sale as well as some of Doug Trantham's Glitter Champion Archons (NPC fundraiser discs).....

JOhn k
September 14, 2011 11:18PM
John K Wrote:
> I'm leaning towards coming over as well......I'll
> have SN bag tags available for sale as well as
> some of Doug Trantham's Glitter Champion Archons
> (NPC fundraiser discs).....
>
> JOhn k

Leaning? I hope you can make it John! I'll announce the Glitter Archons at the start and finish of the event and do my best to help you sell them. The NPC that Doug is starting is a great cause.

@ Lloyd - Good news... bring as many folks as you can

@ Robby - No shame in playing advanced at all. It's PDGA so play your rating. I played AM worlds this summer and I'll sign up for it next year too...

Got everything lined up for a nice weekend... Weather looks like it's gonna be great - highs in the low 80s...
September 15, 2011 06:23AM
Forgot its pdga...adv it is i guess. Whats the format?
September 15, 2011 07:58AM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
> Forgot its pdga...adv it is i guess. Whats the
> format?

Format will be the same for all players. If it fills (100 players), we'll have 5 on each card on Saturday.

You'll be playing two rounds of 20 on Saturday at Orgill - 1st round shorts and 2nd round long
Sunday you'll play 28 holes at Valentine. The original 18 and then holes 1-10 on the new course which are different than the usual three alternates that you've played before at Valentine... You could be four or five strokes out on Saturday and easily catch up during the 28 holes on Sunday.

We have 26 players registered now and a very respectable Open division.
[www.pdga.com]

Bring your game to North Shelby County this weekend!

Robby Uhrman III
September 15, 2011 08:29AM
Hey FatBack, are you planning on a Ring-Of-Fire? I don't remember reading about it, I was gonna donate some new plastic to it. Also, I have 19 used discs I'll be bringing for your School Club, I really think that's an AWESOME thing you are doing to grow the sport! Hopefully some more people will donate as well! C-ya
September 15, 2011 08:31AM
Did you have to make this September 17??? Wish I could make it! My son is precious to me and he turns 4. I love what your doing and hope it sells out.

Oh by the way, to all players attending: pick up an NPC Fundraiser Champion Glitter Archon from John Kittrell. He will have them for sell. INNOVA released only 180 of them and they are selling fast. $20.00 per disc

Thanks again Robby!
September 15, 2011 08:54AM
Doug or John...set me aside a max weight and ill pay john k saturday.
September 15, 2011 08:58AM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
> Doug or John...set me aside a max weight and ill
> pay john k saturday.

LOL you beat me to it. I forgot to mention they are all MAX weight. Innova sent only 175g
You will have a chance to look through them, John will have plenty.
Your choices are Neon Green/Yellow or Neon Orange

Thank you for your support!
September 15, 2011 09:33AM
Just pre-registered see yall there, hope we have a huge field.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013