Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

25th Annual Louisiana State Championship - September 24th & 25th - Acadiana Park | Pa Davis Park | The Horse Farm - Lafayette, LA

Posted by jacques 
The Acadiana Disc Golf Association and The Flight Club Disc Golf League Proudly Present

The 2011 Louisiana Disc Golf State Championship

Visit the event website http://la-state-disc-golf-championship.ettend.com/ for complete and up-to-date tournament information and most importantly, online registration.

Entry Fees

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $50
Pro Women - $50
Pro Masters - $50
Pro Masters Women - $50
Pro Grandmasters - $50
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $50

Amateur Divisions

Advanced - $35
Advanced Masters - $35
Am Men - $35
Am Women - $35
Novice - $20
Junior - $20

Highlights and Extras

Three rounds of eighteen holes will be played consisting of the Pa Davis Park course and a temporary course at ULL's Horse Farm.

A player's pack consisting of no less than a tournament stamped Champion or Star plastic disc from Innova, a tournament t-shirt and lunch on Saturday is guaranteed to all pre-registered players. Additional merchandise may be included.

Guaranteed cash added to pro divisions payout.

Generous payout of tournament stamped discs in all competitive amateur divisions in addition to the following guaranteed merchandise for top finishers - Innova Sport Basket for first place in Advanced, Advanced Masters and Am Men - Innova Traveler Basket for first place in Am women - Competition bags for second place in these four divisions - Deluxe bags for third place in these four divisions.

Novices and Juniors will receive a free disc of their choice in addition to their player's packs.

The Louisiana representative to the 2011 USDGC will be chosen at this event.

As usual, tons and tons of CTPs will be out on the courses, presented to you by The Flight Club.

Vegas style Ace Pots for all three courses, $1 thru $5 per course.

Event Schedule and Format

Pools and Courses

Pool and course assignments will be finalized as the event draws near. The number of players registered and the concentration of these players by division will be taken into account before making these assignments. Every effort will be made to avoid overcrowding on the courses - including possibly running three pools.

Saturday

Sign-up for unregistered players, collection of entry fees for pre-registered players and distribution of player's packs will start at 8:00 AM at Pa Davis Park on Saturday, September 24th and finish at 9:30 AM.

A mandatory player's meeting at PA DAVIS is MANDATORY and will follow sign-ups. The first round of play will begin after the conclusion of the player's meeting. Expect a tee-time of approximately 10:00 AM for the first round.

Lunch will be served FREE OF CHARGE at Pa Davis Park on Saturday following the first round of play. Please indicate if you will be joining us for lunch when you register.

The second round of play will begin one hour after the last scorecard from the first round is turned in. The second round tee time will be announced verbally and posted in writing at Pa Davis Park during lunch.

A player's party will follow the completion of the second round of play on Saturday night. It will be held at an off-site venue. Rings-of-fire will be held at the player's party.

Sunday

Tee time Sunday morning will be 9:00 AM. No additional meeting will be held Sunday morning. Players go directly to their assigned course, check their hole assignment and begin play at 9:00 AM.

All players will return to Pa Davis Park on Sunday after the third round of play. If necessary, ace pot throw offs will be held while the final scores are being tallied.

An awards ceremony will be held at Pa Davis Park. All CTP prizes, awards, merchandise and cash won by players will be presented at the awards ceremony.

Directions, Lodging and Contact Information

Hotel

Discussion is underway to designate an official tournament hotel. An update will be given as soon as an agreement is reached.

Camping

As always, camping is available at Acadiana Park's Campground.

Acadiana Park

From I-10, turn South at exit 104 (Louisiana Ave). Turn left on Alexander St. Acadiana Park is approximately 1/2 mile down Alexander on the left hand side. The parking lot is just past the playground, before the tennis courts. Hole 1 for the Ace Run is behind the bathrooms to the left of the parking lot. Hole 1 for the Duzee is behind the soccer fields in front of the parking lot.

For GPS users, Acadiana Park's physical address is 1005 E. Alexander Street, Lafayette, LA

Pa Davis Park

Take the Louisiana Avenue Exit (Exit 104) off I-10. Go south on Louisiana Ave. to the intersection of Simcoe St. Turn left on Simcoe and travel approximately 1 mile to the intersection of Hines St. Turn left on Hines and then left again onto Dawn St. which is the entrance road to Pa Davis park. Veer right into the parking lot past the big building and park by the basketball courts.

You will drive past hole 1's tee box on the right hand side as you enter the park.

Pa Davis Park's address is 120 Dawn Street, Lafayette, LA

The Horse Farm

Take the Louisiana Avenue Exit (Exit 104) off I-10. Go south/southwest on Louisiana Avenue approximately 10 miles to the intersection of Bertrand Drive, past Evangeline Thruway and past UL Lafayette's campus.. Turn left into the parking lot of the South College Shopping Center and park behind the Regions Bank building. The entrance to the Horse Farm is just around the corner.

The Horse Farm's address is 2913 Johnston Street, Lafayette, LA

Contact

Tournament director - Jacques Giraud. Contact me at acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com or by cell (337)578-8457 before 9:00 PM (please)

Sponsorship

Hole sponsorship - Full color CFR discs are being sold for this event. Check them out in this thread, CFR discs. They are being sold for $25/each and comes with one hole sponsorship per disc purchased. You will be recognized as an event sponsor for buying a CFR disc. Fifty were made and they are going fast. Get one while they last.

Shirt sponsorship - T-shirt sponsorships are available for $100. Your name or company's logo will appear on all tournament t-shirts as well as all media associated with the event (website, brochures and flyers). You will also receive verbal recognition and promotion at all meetings and tournament gatherings.

Merchandise sponsorship - provides opportunities for individuals or businesses to support the event without contributing monetarily. These items can be distributed as ring-of-fire or CTP prizes or can be bulk items which are included in the player's packs. Merchandise sponsors will receive recognition and promotional consideration.

Contact me to discuss these or other sponsorship opportunities - acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com or send a check payable to Acadiana Disc Golf Association to 119 Shadyside Ave. Lafayette, LA 70506 along with your name/logo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 04:14PM by John K.
Great courses great folks I am hoping to make this one if I get back from my fishing trip in the mountains, now go ace one for me, Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
I will start things off.....100.00 from La Cote French Settlement/ La Cote Ragley

I'll add you to the website when I get home. Do you want to use the same La Cote logo?
Please.....thanks my friend!!!!! You are doing a great job......

BRDGC
Twin City Chain Gang
NOLA
Port of Shevers

If these clubs will donate 100.00 to the La. State Championships, La Cote will increase it donation by 25.00 per club. Meaning if all 4 clubs donate La Cote will donate 200.00 to the Men Open payout,

Louisiana clubs, please help spread the word about YOUR 2011 State Championship by downloading the tournament flyer and posting a copy at the courses in your area.

LA States Flyer

Want to sponsor the event and need more information or need some paperwork to present to perspective sponsors? Download the sponsorship flyer and show your support.

Sponsorhip Flyer
For the event being over a month away, sign-ups are rolling in.

Thirty five players have registered so far.

Johnathan Nyce- Advanced
Brady Reaux- Advanced
Britt Juergens- Advanced
Jon Davis- Advanced
Kory Skrzysinski- Advanced
Robbie Roger- Advanced
David Roberts- Advanced Masters
Curtis Racca- Advanced Masters
Carl Darbonne- Advanced Masters
Brent Guidry- Advanced Masters
Clyde Hawk- Advanced Masters
George Hawk- Advanced Masters
Gregula Guidry- Advanced Masters
John Castille- Advanced Masters
Mike Urbaniak- Advanced Masters
Sam Nolan- Advanced Masters
Shane Fabacher- Advanced Masters
Pat Daniels- Advanced Masters
Bill French- Inermediate (Am) Men
Jake Racca- Inermediate (Am) Men
Dylan Page- Inermediate (Am) Men
Louis Roger- Inermediate (Am) Men
Mike Melancon- Inermediate (Am) Men
Nick Blanchard- Inermediate (Am) Men
Jason Hornsby- Inermediate (Am) Men
Joel Woodling- Inermediate (Am) Men
James Kainer- Pro Masters
Paul Kainer- Pro Masters
Randy Quebodeaux- Pro Masters
Greg Brattin- Pro Open
James Troyanowski- Pro Open
James Leblanc- Pro Open
Nick Robichaux- Pro Open
David Clayton- Pro Senior Grandmasters
Louis Corne- Pro Senior Grandmasters

Go to http://la-state-disc-golf-championship.ettend.com/ to register and join the party.

Special thank to our SPONSORS

Innova Champion Discs
Hooters
La Cote Disc Golf Course
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Louis Roger - JMA Painters

And of course, everybody who has purchased a CFR disc. They are going fast, get one while they last.

David Fifita
Baton Rouge Disc Golf Club
Randy Boyette
Dylan Page
Jacques Giraud (2)
Casey Cox
Brooks Newell (2)
Brett Adams
Mike Kernan
Jim Blansett
Ronnie & Robin Adams
Steve Folmar
Deborah Brouillette
Sky South (2)
Primo Plastic
Greg "Horsey" Brattin
James Kainer
Randy Quebodeaux
David Clayton
Deano Korvela
Different Strokes Painting
Robbie Roger
Donovan Boudreaux
Clyde Hawk
C & G Containers
XL.Glass, Petaluma, CA
I'll be talking to my me people this week, I should be able to get something from them to you shortly. Your doing a great job on this Jacques, keep it up. Everyone that attends this championship needs to thank this man, he truly does put his heart into helping Lafayette / Louisiana Disc golf grow. Thanks brother!
Jacques please put the HOGMAN down for a $100.00. I thought we were already a sponsor, but I must have not posted anything. My fault.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Mighty generous Mr. Morrow!!

I'll add you to the list on the website this evening. Do you have a logo that you want to use, or just your name?
Just nice big HOGMAN will do

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
This is going to be a great tournament, one that you definitely dont want to miss. Looking forward to seeing my disc golf brothers
from BR, NO, Jackson, Mobile, and Shreveport. i will also be taking a few people out saturday night, to show u how we roll in laffy..
Dont miss out!!!

Brady
The Blue Moon Saloon is always a treat.
This is going to be an AWSOME tourny guys and gals. Everyone needs to make this one!
Nick Robichaux
The list of sponsors continues to grow

Innova Champion Discs
Hooters
La Cote Disc Golf Course
Reliable Power Systems of Louisiana, LLC
Clayfish Bisque
The one and only HOGMAN
James Kainer
KSKIDS, LLC

As does the list of players, 47 registered so far.

Jon Davis -Advanced
Britt Juergens -Advanced
Kory Skrzysinski -Advanced
Robbie Roger -Advanced
Brady Reaux -Advanced
Johnathan Nyce -Advanced
Curtis Racca -Advanced Masters
Gregula Guidry -Advanced Masters
Mike Urbaniak -Advanced Masters
George Hawk -Advanced Masters
Shane Fabacher -Advanced Masters
John Castille -Advanced Masters
Clyde Hawk -Advanced Masters
Sam Nolan -Advanced Masters
Brent Guidry -Advanced Masters
David Roberts -Advanced Masters
Carl Darbonne -Advanced Masters
Pat Daniels -Advanced Masters
Keith Bodin -Advanced Masters
Louis Roger -Inermediate (Am) Men
Jason Hornsby -Inermediate (Am) Men
Jake Racca -Inermediate (Am) Men
Nick Blanchard -Inermediate (Am) Men
Joel Woodling -Inermediate (Am) Men
Bill French -Inermediate (Am) Men
Mike Melancon -Inermediate (Am) Men
Dylan Page -Inermediate (Am) Men
Brett Adams -Inermediate (Am) Men
Jason Adams -Inermediate (Am) Men
Tyson Richard -Inermediate (Am) Men
Jeremy Davis -Inermediate (Am) Men
Hunter Adams -Junior
Damon Adams -Junior
Dex Braud -Pro Grandmasters
Jim Blansett -Pro Grandmasters
Richard Wallen -Pro Grandmasters
Paul Kainer -Pro Masters
James Kainer -Pro Masters
Randy Quebodeaux -Pro Masters
James Troyanowski -Pro Open
Greg Brattin -Pro Open
James Leblanc -Pro Open
Nick Robichaux -Pro Open
David Clayton -Pro Senior Grandmasters
Louis Corne -Pro Senior Grandmasters
Marvin McVay -Pro Senior Grandmasters
Trent Adams -Recreational

In honor of such a momentous tournament, I invented a new division - "Inermediate Men".

Take a look at the list of sponsors and make sure you support the people that support disc golf.

A group of us spent several hours out at the Horse Farm property today discussing the course layout. Once finalized (next couple of weeks), I will post a good overhead view of the land with the holes and fairways shown on it.

A few teasers about the course

1. Disc Golf wise, it is unlike anything you have ever seen in Lafayette before.
2. In 18/19 holes, it will play longer than the long tees at Highland Rd, Flanacher, Ford Park, Lafreniere and Langan/Muni.
3. It will not be long for the sake of being long. There will be a thorough mix of shots needed on some technically challenging holes.
4. With the purchase of the property by the City of Lafayette pending and future development as a City Park unknown, I can all but guarantee that this land will never be set up for Disc Golf exactly this way again.

Trust me, you do not want to miss what may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to play Disc Golf on this course set up in this layout on this property.

What are you waiting for? Visit http://la-state-disc-golf-championship.ettend.com/ and sign up today.
Will the juniors be playing sat only or both days?
Dylan,

Novices and juniors will play two official rounds on Saturday only. As always, they are welcome to continue playing Sunday as casual players. Hope to see y'all in Lafayette.
LOL, so Jacques, I went to Lafayette and practiced at Ace Run and then you put the tournament at Duzee, Pa Davis, and the Jack..., I mean Horse Farm. Must be a conspiracy!
Okay, my life has taken a turn for better days to come. New job, back offshore Rig clerking 14 and 14. But at the same time it will not allow me to make it to this wonderful tournament. I will be offshore that weekend. Please remove my name from the list of attending, but go ahead and add it to the sponsorship list. I will drop by once I get back, in two weeks to handover $100 from myself. And yes I'm still going to talk to my usual suspects for more sponsors. Keep up the good work, it really sounds like I'm truly going to miss out on a awesome La. State Championship.
Sorry to hear that you can't make it to the tournament Johnathan, but I also know you're glad to be back out in the Gulf.

Thanks for the sponsorship and get in touch when you are back onshore.
Lodging

The LaQuinta Inn & Suites on Pinhook Road has been chosen as the official tournament hotel for our out of town guests. Their local contact information :

LaQuinta Inn & Suites / 1015 W Pinhook Rd, / Lafayette, LA 70503 / (337)-291-1088

They have placed a courtesy hold on a block of rooms for the tournament.

These rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until September 9th.

They are offering a discounted rate for our event.

Make sure you mention the Acadiana Disc Golf Association and the 2011 Louisiana Disc Golf State Championship.

For those who will be pulling a camper or looking for a place to set up a tent, the Acadiana Park Campground is the place to be. Their contact information and an overview of their facilities can be found at this website :

www.visitusa.com/louisiana/camping/acadianaparkcampground.htm

For players travelling on a tight budget, the Travelodge Inn is located next door to the LaQuinta. They can be reached by phone at (337)234-7402.
More Sponsors...

Innova Champion Discs
Hooters
La Cote Disc Golf Course
Reliable Power Systems of Louisiana, LLC
Clayfish Bisque
The one and only HOGMAN
James Kainer
KSKIDS, LLC
Johnathan Nyce

and more players...

Jon Davis ,Advanced
Britt Juergens ,Advanced
Kory Skrzysinski ,Advanced
Robbie Roger ,Advanced
Brady Reaux ,Advanced
Scott Comeaux ,Advanced
Matt Maddox ,Advanced
Curtis Racca ,Advanced Masters
Gregula Guidry ,Advanced Masters
Mike Urbaniak ,Advanced Masters
George Hawk ,Advanced Masters
Shane Fabacher ,Advanced Masters
John Castille ,Advanced Masters
Clyde Hawk ,Advanced Masters
Sam Nolan ,Advanced Masters
Brent Guidry ,Advanced Masters
David Roberts ,Advanced Masters
Carl Darbonne ,Advanced Masters
Pat Daniels ,Advanced Masters
Keith Bodin ,Advanced Masters
Philip Pedro ,Advanced Masters
Brooks Newell ,Advanced Masters
Deborah Brouillette ,Advanced Masters
David Vance ,Advanced Masters
Louis Roger ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Jason Hornsby ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Jake Racca ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Nick Blanchard ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Joel Woodling ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Bill French ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Mike Melancon ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Dylan Page ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Brett Adams ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Jason Adams ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Tyson Richard ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Jeremy Davis ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Nick Simon ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Anthony Wambsgans ,Inermediate (Am) Men
Hunter Adams ,Junior
Damon Adams ,Junior
Dex Braud ,Pro Grandmasters
Jim Blansett ,Pro Grandmasters
Richard Wallen ,Pro Grandmasters
David Robichaux, Pro Grandmasters
Paul Kainer ,Pro Masters
James Kainer ,Pro Masters
Randy Quebodeaux ,Pro Masters
Ronnie Adams ,Pro Masters
Kevin Weiss ,Pro Masters
Connie Robichaux ,Pro Masters Women
James Troyanowski ,Pro Open
Greg Brattin ,Pro Open
James Leblanc ,Pro Open
Nick Robichaux ,Pro Open
josh patin ,Pro Open
John Fowler ,Pro Open
R.B. Garza ,Pro Open
Logan Weiss ,Pro Open
David Clayton ,Pro Senior Grandmasters
Louis Corne ,Pro Senior Grandmasters
Marvin McVay ,Pro Senior Grandmasters
Trent Adams ,Recreational
Toby Comeaux ,Recreational
Steven Cole ,Recreational
Rob Rowe ,Recreational
Tony Parker ,Recreational

LOOK AT ALL THE ADVANCED MASTERS !!!

The next major tournament update will include a layout for the Horse Farm course and maybe, just maybe a few photos from the property.
WOW David Vance is coming back to Louisiana?!?!?!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Kieth Beaumont is considerd part of Louisiana.
LOL.................know wonder I failed Louisiana History.......

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013