Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

San Diego Discgolf, suggestions?

Posted by HB1 
HB1
San Diego Discgolf, suggestions?
August 22, 2011 01:45PM
So I'm going to be in San Diego in mid November and should have time to play 2-3 courses. I do not want to drive more than 20 minutes or so from downtown. Suggestions?
Re: San Diego Discgolf, suggestions?
August 22, 2011 03:58PM
Yeah, watch your corn hole.
August 22, 2011 08:05PM
Morely Field.
August 22, 2011 08:55PM
Morley field is very busy. you will need to go early in the morning. Pay to play. just east of downtown so 5 mins of travel
Kit Karson DGC in Escondido is about a 25 min drive from downtown. fun course, not nearly as busy. FREE
Sun Valley DGC in La Mesa is a 15 min drive from downtown. 9 hole course set on a 9 hole par 3 ball golf course. Very fun to play!. 5 bucks to play
Goat Hill DGC in Oceanside. 35 min drive from downtown. 18 hole course on an 18 hole ball golf course. kinda expensive for greens fees and cart.
There are others but those are the main ones.
Lemme know if you wanna travel any further and I can recommend more!
jcb
August 23, 2011 08:54AM
Morley Field is a fun course but it is definately very busy. Most crowded course I ever played a casual round at.
HB1
August 23, 2011 02:05PM
Cool. Thank you all for the suggestions. Will definitley try to hit Morley. I will have my daughter with me in a stroller, so Goat Hill may be out, as it is 9,200 feet long!!!
August 23, 2011 08:22PM
Local club website:
www.sandiegoaces.com

Morley website:
www.morleyfield.com
August 25, 2011 11:02AM
I got a chance to play Morley Field last month.. they should rename it to "FORE"ly field.
Just about every throw you have to watch out for other disc golfers throws.
I found out it is the most played course in the world. It was a lot of fun, lots of elevation change,
and multiple basket placements for each hole. I highly recommend this course, just keep your eyeballs on the lookout!

James Ireland
They're always after me lucky bag tag!
[www.ecdgc.org]

August 27, 2011 10:20AM
I looked @ morley, a certain someone will not allow any other course in the area because HIS proShop is @ morley and that is where his living is "maid" I played a 9 Hole par 3 ball golf course w/ a play along disc course; funny, the Disc course was Longer and fun!!!
August 27, 2011 01:08PM
@ Jack C.
You played Sun Valley DGC in La Mesa, CA.
Really fun course to play! Long shots with elevation changes.
DGCOURSEREVIEW of Sun Valley DGC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013