Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Repairs at Baker Course

Posted by k_rob007 
Repairs at Baker Course
August 30, 2011 11:14AM
As I type and post this message, JC "El Presidente" is at Baker High School making repairs to the bridges and has also made some portable barricades to block the road that goes by #2. JC has volunteered his own time and supplies to do this. As those of us that play there regularly know that this time of year on Thursdays Baker has football games and people park on #2 and block it from play. Thanks to JC and the barricades hopefully we can keep #2 playable during the tosses. And thanks also for the bridge repairs JC.

Keith " The Bodyguard " Robinson
Re: Repairs at Baker Course
August 30, 2011 02:11PM
your welcome..... it's done for the love of the game/sport.... i just hope that i'm building some good karma to be used at the next tournament...
(God knows i need all the help i can get....)

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
August 30, 2011 07:41PM
Nice job JC. Hopefully you'll get that tree love deposited in your disc golf karma account. See ya'll Thursday.

Mike-b
August 31, 2011 12:19PM
Sweet JC!!
September 01, 2011 06:14AM
Boom!

Another fine example of disc golfers sticking together. The student club isn't in full swing, so we're lacking many funds at the moment. JC stepped up and really helped us out! JC is an honorary member of the club and will receive his "team colors" soon. Thanks a ton, JC!

Future Projects:
-Trees
-Discs
-Polos
-Maybe an elevated basket?

We have a GREAT group of golfers that come out and play the toss on Thursdays. We've been averaging around 12 golfers a week at our toss. Don't forget to show up tonight! It's SINGLES night! 5:20 tee-off!

2 divisions - Pro and AM. The smaller division will get 40% of the pot with the larger receiving 60%. This results in the larger division floating the smaller division some money. It makes playing in the smaller division more "worth it".

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
September 01, 2011 06:23AM
Mr.T,
i really want to put in another elevated basket in mobile... please let me help with this .... the last one i did got removed and i would like another shot at it... i'll discuss my ideas with you on the road trip if i don't see ya before then... maybe we can get the city parks dept.let me dismantle the one at muni and use the timbers for the school.... i hate to see that one just go to waste after all the work i put into it.

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
September 01, 2011 06:37AM
Sweet! I was thinking about those same timbers. They need to be put to use somewhere.
I think it would be nice to have number 7's basket elevated to add some more challenge to it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
September 01, 2011 09:26AM
Ashame that the elevated hole at Muni was removed. It was a challenging hole and had it's own personality. I have not played that course since it was changed. It would be nice to have that hole moved to another course in Mobile and Baker would be a good choice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013