Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic October 8th & 9th

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: 14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic October 8th & 9th
September 27, 2011 08:11PM
Cameron Colglazier - Open
September 27, 2011 09:41PM
I'll be there! advanced

-will
DJ
September 27, 2011 10:10PM
If adv play longs, then I'm moving on up from int. Either way, I'll be there for sure. Looking forward to this one :)
September 28, 2011 01:45PM
Any information on Camping?

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
September 28, 2011 04:54PM
Standard ( with water and electiricity) camping is $18 , and primitive is $13 per night. It is the right time of year to be camping too!

You can go to www.mdwfp.com to reserve spots and get any inforation you need!

Grouphuts are $7.50 per night!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
September 28, 2011 07:00PM
Bill, The Special Group Lodging Rate is $8.00 even with no tax instead of $7.50 per night with tax which would be $8.03. This will save each player a few pennies. Let's get the chatter started for the Fall Classic, whose planning on coming?
September 28, 2011 08:14PM
Im on the fence.
September 28, 2011 08:50PM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im on the fence.

Sure hope it's not a chain link fence......that could hurt some of your parts you might like......

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 28, 2011 09:57PM
Bill,

Thanks for the clarification.

Spent part of the day rounding up more sponsorships! The list so far:

Piggly Wiggly in Iuka- $50
Brooks Grocery in Iuka - $50
Alcorn Eye Center in Corinth - $50
El Picante Mexican Resturant in Iuka - $50
Homestead Family Restaurant in Iuka and Tishomingo - $50
Sunflower Grocery in Tishomingo - $50
Pattie's One Stop in Tishomingo - $25
Rita's Family Resturant in Dennis - $25
Big Star Grocery in Belmont - $25
Tishomingo Family Restaurant - $25

I still have several places to contact, but that is $400 so far!

Several local players have brought is sponsorships in the past and I hope that will be the case for this years Fall Classic!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Tips' will again be cooking up so good ole southern bar-b-que along with several other choices for lunch both days!

As everyone who has played events at Tishomingo knows, we always have a great time.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
September 29, 2011 01:17AM
Is this the same state park,where the local small town cops raided and searched everyones bunkhouses in the middle of the night and emptied everyones coolers this past spring? We all know what happens when they search areas..Sorry,couldnt remember if this was the tourny or not
September 29, 2011 08:03AM
Scottyd Wrote:
> Is this the same state park,where the local small
> town cops raided and searched everyones bunkhouses
> in the middle of the night and emptied everyones
> coolers this past spring? We all know what happens
> when they search areas..Sorry,couldnt remember if
> this was the tourny or not

lol....tishomingo county has been a dry county for a long time and people should have realized that it was a risk to bring their beverages to the park....Nothing the TD or the Park Ranger could do, so blaming them is completely pointless.
September 29, 2011 08:22AM
sounds like a safe place to bring your family, Tishomingo is one of the best places to play DISC GOLF. If you like to do other things than play DISC GOLF it has plenty to do. Bunk houses makes it very affordable too. Wish I could come. Now go ace one for me, Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
September 29, 2011 09:55AM
Scotty, We appreciate your positive comments but to refresh your somewhat vague memory the individuals in question where out riding the county roads and were picked up and arrested. They were taken to the county jail in Iuka where they admitted to having in their possession other illegal substances at their group hut which they in turn gave law enforcement permission to search for. While seaching the dorm other "less than bright individuals" pulled up and while getting out of said vehicle had in their arms in plain sight illegal substances which forced the officers to do their jobs. Law enforcement will not come on these parks and search anyone without probable cause period. If players continue to do things that shed a bad light on the "sport of disc golf", how do we expect to "grow the sport"? We want everyone to come enjoy "beautiful" Tishomingo State Park and hopefully break a tournament record. The weather forecast is shaping up so bring your "A" game and enjoy a weekend of stiff competition on the three courses (Chickasaw Trail, Warrior Ridge, and Tushka Run). Now who all is coming?
September 29, 2011 10:31AM
Scotty,

To begin, the spring event is held in the SPRING, not the FALL! So this would NOT be the event you are referring to!

As usual, you are misiformed!

To further clarify:

ONE bunkhouse was searched, WITH THE PERMISSION OF THE INDIVIDUAL STAYING THERE! The only reason that happened was because, if I recall correctly, that person "swerved" while driving, or it might have been a bad taillight!

If everyone who "swerved" or had a bad tail light got pulled over in Memphis, and I can't even imagine what the numbers would be, there would be no jail cells left!

Yes, it IS a small town, and the locals don't have a lot to do, so they are watching for anything.

And it was ONE car and the individuals in it that had to dump their beer, not EVERYONE!

When you arrive in the middle of a bunkhouse search, with open containers and somewhat less than sober, it does not take a genius to figure out you have been driving on the roads while drinking. I do not know of ANY state in the US where this is legal to do.

It was just THEIR bad luck they showed up at the wrong time.They were told, if they had been drinking at the bunkhouses when the officials pulled up, nothing would have happened. As it were, they were given the choice to either dump the beer or go to jail. Personally I think they made the right choice!

To blame these isolated incidents on Tishomingo State Park, the event, the TD, or the establishment is just about as stupid as it gets.

As in a lot of such things, some individuals transfer the guilt to others to justify their disrespect for the established norm. It is their loss when they say they will never come back to Tishomingo to play. Obviously their priorities are not coming out to play Disc GOlf. That is a shame! Tishomingo has, in my very humble opinion, three very interesting and challenging courses with signature holes you will not see anywhere else.

So if the purpose of your post is to see how many people you can scare away from this event, then I think that is very sorry! And what respect I had for you dropped quite a bit. I don't know if you are single handedly trying to derail Disc Golf or what, but it sure seems to me that you are not helping. As they say, "if your are not a part of the solution. . . ."

So, that being said, be sure your lights work and you drive responsibly coming to and leaving the Park next week. There will be some great Disc GOlf going on for those who love this sport and have their priorities in order.

Hope to see you all there. . .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
September 29, 2011 01:16PM
Scottyd Wrote:
> Is this the same state park,where the local small
> town cops raided and searched everyones bunkhouses
> in the middle of the night and emptied everyones
> coolers this past spring? We all know what happens
> when they search areas..Sorry,couldnt remember if
> this was the tourny or not

Edited my post since Bill B and B Mc told the CORRECT story about what happened. I've been going to Tish since before the first course was in the ground and have NEVER been pulled over or hassled by anyone. Of course, I have the good sense not to drink and drive in a dry, rural county, nor do I every flaunt ANYTHING in front of any LEO. I've consumed many cold beverages at tish and never had a problem, of course, I respect the park, the management, Bill B., etc. and try to remain as discrete as possible. That's all you have to do.

And since I'm extremely careful at Shelby Forest, I've never been one of those unlucky folks who received hefty fines for being caught with beer. And I guess we can assume that drunk driving is no longer an offense in Memphis?

rWc3523

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 01:21PM by Russ3523.
September 29, 2011 01:46PM
I LOVE Tishomingo
I LOVE the Folks in and around Tishomingo
EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO SEE WHY ITS ONE OF THE BEST DG SPOTS IN THE SOUTH

and yes I WAS yelling!!! To overpower the thread drift and re-establish the GREATNESS of TIISHOMINGO EVENTS!!!

3 Courses......very different and challending compared to your average locales.......

Awesome people, awesome place and stuff some BBQ in yo' face!!!!!

now back to your regularly scheduled tourney related discussion.........

Peace love and ACES to all!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Griff
September 29, 2011 01:51PM
You the man Griff!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
September 29, 2011 01:53PM
Just 'doin my part.....
September 29, 2011 02:21PM
Mac,

I sure hate to miss you at this one. On the other hand you probably made a lot of friends over those six years that you have not seen in two score. My 40th reunion was a blast and I would make the same decision, tough though it may be.

Gary Wagoner

Robert 'Mac' Wrote:
> I am forced to miss my first tournament at
> Tishomingo. My 40 year high school reunion is on
> the same date and i wouln't miss it for hardly any
> reason.
>
> Bill will be needing some help with this one.
> Really need someone that knows how to do the
> leaderboards. C'mon, step up and help out.
September 29, 2011 09:44PM
i wanna put in that i play int but i think it would be awesome to let us play one round long tees to see how we match up to see if we wanna go adv or not just an idea! i
September 30, 2011 06:41AM
Flickster, the longs at Tish are fun...I hope we have ZERO rain!!! I'd like to play all three courses drama free.
September 30, 2011 07:24AM
Flick, the long range forecast is calling for 0 percent chance of rain on Saturday with a high of 81 and 10 percent chance of rain on Sunday with a high of 76. You may get your wish! Who all is planning on coming?
Anonymous User
September 30, 2011 07:30AM
Flick the III'rd will be there. Can't wait.
September 30, 2011 10:36AM
I want to make a donation to the open field only.....especially since clayton isnt there j/k lol.
September 30, 2011 10:37AM
i wont get to play but i still want to pull for people to show up at tish...
September 30, 2011 11:30AM
Also, if anyone is wanting to buy a Team Pickwick bagtag in the area let me know. You can buy one to support our club if you are not in the area. We are new made club and are trying to get it running good.
September 30, 2011 03:32PM
Dude,have you lost your f'n mind??? I've supported events at tishomingo since the first event was ever held there....how n the hell do you read where im blaming someone then you should read my post again.i simply asked a f'n question and low n behold im all of a sudden placing blame on someone.WTF.i asked the question to get the info out that if it was that area that happened in,then ppl n newcomers can be aware.they dont play in that lil town.you n d.morris r f'n insane
September 30, 2011 03:43PM
pot meet kettle....you called someone else insane. LMBO Nobody likes you...nobody will give you a ride...and NOBODY will EVER loan you tools again. Your language is foul, your demeaner is disgusting, AND you are a burden to the good people who spend their time and money to host tournaments. Get a clue.

Here you go Scotty....just for you.

anyways.....BACK on track.....good luck to the Tish peeps....Hope all goes well!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 03:52PM by wayneacree.
September 30, 2011 09:07PM
Can someone give me some info on the group lodging. I checked the MDWFP website and all it mentioned was cabins (all booked), RV spots, and primitive (walk up only). My wife and little one are going out of town so I'm thinking about making the trip. Although it's a tough decision seeing how my Tigers are playing the Gators at 2:30 on Sat.
September 30, 2011 10:01PM
really bill m consider that the ams play one round long tees some of us wanna get better and move up so we want to see how we do from there i think everyone would enjoy it thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013