Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic October 8th & 9th

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: 14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic October 8th & 9th
October 01, 2011 06:58AM
Steven, The group huts will hold eighteen each and are set up with 8 bunk beds in the main room with a counselor's room that has two single beds. Each hut has it's own bathhroom. You will have to furnish all your own linens, toiletries, etc. The bunkhouses are more rustic and range from sleeping six to fourteen. We have one of the group huts out of operation due to ongoing renovations and one of the bunkhouses is still closed down. This means in the two group camps we have beds for 140 people and there will be plenty of campsites available (standard and primitive) with a perfect camping weather forecast. Who all is coming let us hear from you?
October 01, 2011 07:40AM
Going to Tish to do some Trimming!!!
October 01, 2011 08:01AM
flickster2184 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> really bill m consider that the ams play one round
> long tees some of us wanna get better and move up
> so we want to see how we do from there i think
> everyone would enjoy it thanks

I dont think am's should play longs...after all its the am division. If am's played longs there would be no incentive to move up to adv. If you think you can play the long tee's you should move up from am anyway. The reason there is an adv division is to get the more skilled am's ready to compete in pro therefore playing the same pads....which are usually called PRO pads. I say let the adv play long tees, last year when i was in adv i thoyght adv should play same courses and pads as pro to get our mind and game ready for higher competition and higher entry fee. Just my thoughts.
DJ
October 01, 2011 08:37AM
I'd have to agree with Robbie. A large part of the ams are really new to the sport and shouldn't have to play the long tees before they are ready. It's not really fair to them.
October 01, 2011 09:27AM
I normally would agree to both of the above posts, but in the case of Chickasaw the long pads are not that many and not that much longer. Tushka on the other hand could be much more difficult. If the TD would like to play ams from the long pads at Chickasaw than it would give some ams a chance to see how they "stackup" to the Advance and Pros.
October 01, 2011 10:27AM
It will only be the advanced that play long tees, and only one round, and that will probably be Tushka Run.

If the Amateur men want to test their skills against the Pros, they will just have to step up to Advanced for this one!

You have to realize that if we end up with everyone playing long tees it will impact the flow of the event.

I will be at the park this afternoon. I plan to get some information to make tee signs for Tushka Run. I hope I can accomplish getting the artwork done before the event and have something printed.

Anyone that would like to sponsor a permanent tee sign let me know. They are $50. That will cover the materials to make and install them.

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
October 01, 2011 12:55PM
Good decision.
October 01, 2011 05:42PM
Is there a set format yet or still waiting on the weather?
October 01, 2011 07:59PM
Hope to play longs on Chickasaw in adv also bill. Wanna throw off the mountain
DJ
October 01, 2011 08:45PM
I second that. I'd like to play both too. It would not make much of a difference in the flow of traffic at chickasaw, plus 14 long is the best hole in Tish :)
October 01, 2011 10:14PM
I will be up sat mornin, can't wait,

Frankie Harber
October 02, 2011 07:44AM
If #14 long is to be used, there will need to be some weedeating done First!!!
October 02, 2011 08:36AM
hey jack call me since your awake
October 02, 2011 11:56AM
Saw Jack at the course yesterday, he was working in you know what off, along with James Burton! I don't know of anyone else other that the Park staff that is doing anything.

IF, and that can be a pretty big IF, 14 is cleaned up in time, we might allow its use during hte event!

You have to take in mind that, at this point, there is only myself, Jody Neff ( I hope), and John Medlin (running the final five) helping with this event, other that the work done to the courses by Jack, James & the Park staff. So wanting, or more important, getting lots of extras will depend on getting somone to do them.

I am tied up every day with issues and cannot spend the hours it takes at the Park to do these things myself. So any help is greatly appreciated! These last few years have taken their toll and I do not know how long I will be running events out of my pocket with no job! I am comitted to the Please Pass the Stuffing II at Pickwich the Saturday after Thanksgiving, from there I don't know! I will be at the Lee Naquin, can't miss that one!

Anyway, gotta get back to work and see if I can find some time to make some tempory sign for Tushka Run. I was there yesterday collecting information!

Anyone wishing to sponsor ahole that I need to make a sign for needs to cantact me ASAP so I can have the time to make them!

Later. . .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 02, 2011 09:27PM
We are having a special service at my church this coming up Sunday. I have an obligation to be there because i am the church's drummer and we are having music. Would anyone have a problem starting at 8:30 instead of 9:00 so I can make it to this awesome tourney?
October 02, 2011 10:27PM
Sound off everyone! 8:30 tee time Sunday Morning, might leave enough time for some doubles after the fnal five & awards if you have not gotten your Disc GOlf fix fullfilled.

Personally I don't have a problem with it, just have to get up a bit earlier to cook a skillet breakfast for my daughter. . she has been asking me to do it the last several events.

Will be hitting the road in the morning to attempt a few last minute sponsors,wish me luck, after all it's for the players!

See you all there. . .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 02, 2011 10:45PM
There will be a bible study Sunday morning at 7:00 for anyone who would like to attend. I will determine the exact place of the bible study when I get there on Friday afternoon and it will be announced at the players meeting on Saturday. I am excited about this event and I hope a lot of people show up. Should be a fun one.
October 03, 2011 01:12AM
8:30? wow thats early.

-will
October 03, 2011 05:45AM
#14 Chickasaw will be taken care of today. We were unaware of obstructions on the long tee. Who all is coming?
October 03, 2011 08:32AM
Will, 30 minutes early in fact!

Yea or Nay! Putting it to the players! Obviously we do not want to lose any players over a Sunday Start time, but would always like more players if possible, and to help out a players is not a bad thing either.

As all of you who have come to the events over the years at beautiful Tishomingo State Park, we always try to make you stay and play an enjoyable one. We do our best to respond to the needs of the Disc Golf community. Such is the case here, we would like to know, with numbers, who would like or not like to start Sunday off 30 minutes early.

It is in your hands. If I do not get a good respective response here, or even if I do, I will mention it at the Players meeting and see what the concensus is before making a descision.

Bill,

Thanks for the update on 14, we will add it to the mix!

I am leaving now to round up some last minute sponsors, wish me luck!

Later. . .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 03, 2011 08:51AM
I like starting early. I got a long drive afterward. Start at 8 for all I care
October 03, 2011 10:49AM
I agree with head an 830 start time would be great for those of us comin from out of town.
I'll be there either way but just figured I put my vote in.

Frankie Harber
October 03, 2011 11:59AM
Thanks for the heads up so far on the 8:30 Sunday tee time. There will be no meeting, and the leaderboards will be set up at the cafeteria so that everyone knows what course and what hole to go to.

I will also be there to answer any other questions.

Keep the votes coming. . .

Thanks

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 03, 2011 12:13PM
Added Sponsors today:

B & B Beverages - $50
Barnetts Apothacary - $25
Walmart - $40 football toss game

Please, if you do any business, gas, soda, a pack of gum with any o our sponsors, tell them "thanks" for sponsoring the 14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic!

It makes our job of getting sponsors a lot easier for the next event!

Thanks

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 12:14PM by DG Guy.
October 03, 2011 02:34PM
Yes on the 8:30am start.
Nothing like playing with a little frost on your disc!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 02:36PM by Joey Ingle.
Anonymous User
October 03, 2011 04:26PM
Hey Bill, I will be at church very LATE Saturday night, can we have a 1pm first round tee off ?
October 03, 2011 04:55PM
I like early start times so we can get home before midnight, but we are only playing one round on sunday. 9 am is already earlier than most tourny's, and earlier than we need. Any ealier than that would be like going to work and i hate working on sundays. just my 2 cents
October 03, 2011 07:15PM
Yes on 8:30 start time for me.
October 03, 2011 07:26PM
ugh. But I'm on the fence about coming anyway.

rWc3523
October 03, 2011 07:57PM
Yes on 8:30 tee time. I have to get back to oxford and study for my big test on Monday!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013