Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic October 8th & 9th

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: 14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic October 8th & 9th
October 09, 2011 03:19PM
Drew Sockwell from Florence won Men's Pro Open and took four of the five skins. Also representing Florence, Will Corey won Men's Advanced and Kathy Johnson won AM Women.
October 09, 2011 04:16PM
Thanks to Bill McCarty and Bill Breckeen for a great weekend. Thanks to all the guys who helped out, including Jack White for all the work on the courses. They looked great!

I recall Wayne Acree won Advanced Masters, James Burton of Florence second.
Crawdaddy won Pro Masters.
Mandy Sharp won Pro Women.

That's all I can remember.

rWc3523
October 10, 2011 01:55PM
Another great event at Beautiful Tishomingo State Park this weekend.

I would like to thank all of those who played and made this a good event.

Special thanks go out to:

A VERY big thanks to Jack White and James Burton for all their help working on the courses, getting them in probbly the best shape they have ever been. Also to Jack for setting up the Final Five a setting up the Leader Boards, the job usually allocated to Robert "Mac" McDonald who was enjoying his 40th Class Reunion. James also helped with the board and checking score cards.

Thanks also to Jody Neff and John Medlin for their help before, during, and especially after the event!

Thanks to Will Corey, our Advanced Champion for stepping up and helping with the scorecards and ranking the scorecards. It seemed like all the scorecards were turned in in about ten minutes, actually it was probably closer to thirty, just seems faster. I had 12 cards turned in before I could even get the first one checked.

That is because there was such a good job done setting up the boards, the flow was about as good as it gets, very smooth!

Of course there cannnot be enough praise for Bill Brekeen and the the very capable Park Staff for all of their help with the courses, water, and such.

Thanks to Gary Wagoner for getting all set up for the Naional Anthem, even though I rushed through the meeting and did not que him in to play! Sorry Gary, my mistake!

I could not have done it without all of you!

A far as I know, there were no big issues, always have a few little ones, that can't be helped. I hope that eveyone who came had a good time!

One thing I noticed as I entered the figures into the spreadsheet, Steven Solomons final score on the leader board was incorrect, he actually tied with the other two guys in the last paying position in the Amatur Mens Division. If you read this Steven, get with me to claim your winnings! If anyone knows him, please pass this information along to him so he can receive his justly deserved winnings!

Great weather, great people, it just doesn't get much better than that! I hope you all had a good time, come bck and see us in the Spring!

Without furture delay. . can I get a drum roll please. . . .

The 14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic Results:

If I have misspelled any names or got anything else wrong with the results, please contact me ASAP. I will submit the excel file by the end of the week, so it is better fo me to correct it before it goes off the Southen National Land!

Thanks again, it was a pleasure to have you at the 14th Annual Tishomingo Fall Classic

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
October 10, 2011 02:04PM
I guess I should have checked the board closer. What did I win?
DJ
October 10, 2011 03:42PM
By far the smoothest tournament I've been to. The courses looked awesome. The leaves were even blown out of the fairways. I played like crap but still had a great time. Thanks Bills (both of you) :)

P.S. Dont know if it matters but a couple pro ladies were labeled MA2 in the spreadsheet.
October 10, 2011 03:46PM
Steven

The other guys split $43. So you will get around $20 worth of prizes out of my pocket.

Just catch me anytime.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 10, 2011 04:33PM
Nah. I'm not gonna ask for anything out of your pocket. Keep it or donate it to a good cause.
October 10, 2011 05:54PM
Great times with some really cool peeps. Thanks to everyone that helped out. The courses looked AMAZING!
October 10, 2011 06:23PM
Steven,

The good cause is YOU, for coming out and playing!

I appreciate it, but you still got it coming and you deserve to get it, just see me sometime.

Again, thanks, you're a class act. Hope to see you at Pickwick or the Spring Tourney!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2011 06:45PM by DG Guy.
October 10, 2011 06:25PM
I want to thank Bill McCarty for all the effort he put forth in producing this tournament. Without his hard work and commitment the event might not have happened. What you see on tournament weekend is only the tip of the iceberg. The weather was nothing short of incredible! There were also a number of personal firsts for me.

This was the first time I have been slated to play the National Anthem and never hit a wrong note.

This was the first time I have finished DAL in my division. Which reminds me...Mac, I really wish you could have been there.

This was the first time I have found a copperhead in the shower. Yep, in the little corridor in front of the stalls I spied a 12 inch snake that looked like a copperhead: diamond shaped markings, triangular head, vertical slit pupils, etc, but it was blue/green in color. So I pinned its head (J.T. , I hope you washed that wooden spoon before you used it) and VERY CAREFULLY grabbed it behind the business end and took it to Jack White pass judgement. Jack, whose authority about these matters is unquestionable, judged the snake a copperhead and me nuts for picking it up. This does, however, trump the scorpion found in the next hut over.

Those of you who missed this event missed a great time. Your next opportunity will be the Lee Naquin in Memphis.

Gary Wagoner
October 10, 2011 06:36PM
One more error on my part! In the Advanced Grand Master Division I paid out $44 plus the Plaque. On my handwritten sheet, upon closer inspection (I need to either get more sleep or new glasses ) it was $94.

So, that being said, I appologize to our Advanced Grand Master Cahmpion, Mr Randy Sharp for my mistake. PLEASE see me the next time and collect your additinal $50 worth of prizes!

And again, sorry about that! I guess I am just as human as everyone esle on the planet.

I am STILL worn slap out and feel like taking a nap!

And again, thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed the wekend in, what I feel, is one of the best Parks in the state of Mississippi.

Oh, and Gary, I have heard you play the National Anthem MANY times! I don't recall you ONCE hitting a wrong note! And, here again, sorry the lost opportunity, we all missed out!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2011 06:44PM by DG Guy.
October 10, 2011 06:44PM
WOW! Copper heads and scorpions...What a KILLER tournament.Congrats to the winners.

BMB
Anonymous User
October 10, 2011 09:44PM
Had a great weekend, fantastic courses and 3 good rounds of golf. Thanks to Bill, and everyone involved in putting this on.

On my way home I found out I got a used disc in my payout, few dings, name inked in it and all.
October 10, 2011 09:52PM
Darn, I do need to get more sleep at these things, bring it with you the next time and we will get it swapped out!

The way the discs get placed back in different boxes than the one thay were taken out of when people look at them probably caused that, I never look at the bottom of the disc, and if it is not really noticible I could miss one! A lot of the discs that get traded are not throw much and are still in pretty good shape!

I will be at the Lee Naguin Memorial the first weekend in November and the Please Pass the Stuffing II at Pickwick Plantation the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Unless you are in the Iuka area. . .

Thanks for lettin g me know!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2011 09:55PM by DG Guy.
October 11, 2011 05:38AM
Yeah I got a used disc as well, its all good! Not sweatin it one bit! This was my first time playin in Tish and I loved it! COULD NOT have played with any better folks! Wayne, Ricco and Tony I am lookin forward to playin with guys again! -Monte Miller Looks like a Thumber to me!
Anonymous User
October 11, 2011 07:56AM
Bill, same as Monte said, no problem. Thanks for the great time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2011 08:05AM by Dillon Gourley.
October 11, 2011 04:50PM
What a great weekend for some golf. Thank you Bill for always running these tourneys, if u ever stop that will b some big shoes to fill. Always want to thank the Parks for allowing disc golf to b part of the park. James and Jack u both know yall r awesome in my book. No family is better than your disc golf family
October 11, 2011 08:18PM
Congrats Drew! Play on Playa! -MONTE
October 14, 2011 09:03PM
when is this gonna be posted?
October 15, 2011 09:43AM
I will be sending the report today!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
October 16, 2011 10:39PM
KSFTA Drewski! Awesome Tournament... as always!
October 24, 2011 11:40AM
Results are on the site....any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013