Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Southern Nationals Series Tee-shirts

Posted by BUD 
BUD
Southern Nationals Series Tee-shirts
September 15, 2011 10:41AM
If the BOD would design a shirt and sell sponsors to be on it - 30 sponsors x $50 = $1500, then you could sell the shirts as well. They could be given as prizes at the Championships and you could do them for every year. It would raise a lot more money than your bag tags and people would get something for their money. The bag tag scam has grown old and there are too many questions for it to be that successful- the sponsor money pays for the shirts- all the rest is profit. If they are placed in the players pack- 250 x $10 = $2500 -- lets make our money and quit trying to fleece evryone with some hokey bag tag crap. Kerdog is right- more money has diappeared from bag tag funds than anyone would care to know. If TDs would sell the shirts or buy them for prizes and players packs, then the sky is the limit. New leaders , new steps, new direction.... please.
Re: Southern Nationals Series Tee-shirts
September 15, 2011 10:57AM
That is a really good idea Buddy....I like the idea of an annual SN disc as well (I asked St Romaine at the SNAC if he's be interested in designing something along those lines.) We could have similar designs each year for both the t-shirt and the disc.....and even combine them somewhat have sponsors on the back of the t-shirt with logos and have the sponsors names on the SN disc (a ring of sponsors around the edge of the disc, maybe)

Good idea for sure...

JOhn k
BUD
September 15, 2011 11:01AM
The shirts are cheap and something WE can make and control. bud5996
September 15, 2011 11:59AM
I love this idea. The key in selling shirts is getting an eye-catching unique design. We could have an SN-wide shirt design contest and choose the best artwork.

We have a graphic artist in Memphis who designed our logo for the Copper Hills this weekend. I know there are a few of these artists in each of the big SN cities. It'd be cool to see what they can come up with.

Slick looking shirt could equal a ton of added cash...

R
BUD
September 15, 2011 12:08PM
Correct!!! Look at Blue Angel last weekend- say 15 $100 shirt sponsors = $1500 - $500(costs) = $1000 profit. Then include one in each players packet -- 156 x10 = $1,560 , so in a one day Touney you have $2560 profit!!! Do that for just the Am and Pro Champioships- bingo- $5000 cash added and everyone gets something for their money!!! The Contest would be awesome too- get to see some ART WORK... Rivers Sherrod is a heck of an artist and a shirt with his design and name on it would sell like wildfire. bud5996
September 15, 2011 12:23PM
Now the only problem is remembering to do this 8 or 9 months from now.

A lot of time ahead for good ideas to slip away.

Somebody WRITE THIS DOWN!!!
BUD
September 15, 2011 12:55PM
Not in 8 or 9 months - print your shirts when you have your first 15 sponsors, start now, sell said shirts - add sposors as you do more shirts - then do a special bulk-run right before SN Championships for players packs. Done right this could really help us step to another level - if the BOD will do it I will pledge to sell shirts for them until the SNPCs as well as keeping a easy viewed list of all monies in and out as well as where the money is!!! A spread sheet--
September 15, 2011 01:09PM
I agree Buddy this is an idea that doesn't have to wait....we just have to decide to DO IT....secure sponsors and artwork and a tshirt guy. I think it something that can be done by the end of december where everyone can buy them as christmas presents...

JOhn k
Dex
September 15, 2011 01:31PM
With the Band, we had shirts made, and an awesome logo, (Buddy is right on with that) also we had women tank tops which went super fast

we also combine our C.D.s with a shirt at a reduced price and that works very well also example (disc plus shirt)

do not over price them, and they will sell, if they are not reasonable, players will just buy their own shirt and disc

you would also be surprised at how cheap dri fit collared shirts can be bought in quanity

Great idea Buddy

Dex
September 15, 2011 02:01PM
LOVE the t-shirt, disc and the tshirt/disc combo ideas!

KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC would most certainly like to be a sponsor of that....just let us know when :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
September 15, 2011 02:12PM
I'll will start it off, La Cote DGC will put up the 1st 100.00 tee shirt - sponsor..

Who's next!!!!

September 15, 2011 02:19PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll will start it off, La Cote DGC will put up
> the 1st 100.00 tee shirt - sponsor..
>
> Who's next!!!!

ME :) $ 100.00.... KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
BUD
September 15, 2011 02:24PM
WOW- I like it!!!! bud5996PS maybe we could use some of the ad space at the top of the Forum - kick sells up a notch.
September 15, 2011 02:41PM
How about a nice SN dri fit polo,with a SN emblym patch on it.Custome name on the sleeve.Charge what needs to be charged.Just thinking of a shirt I would like to buy.Sure it wouldn't be cheap but bet I would buy one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 02:58PM by Detroit.
September 15, 2011 02:46PM
We are sure to have a lot of talented artist who would be proud to have their design on the t's and disc. Why not make a list of things that you would like to see on them, set a date to submit and see what you come up with???

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
BUD
September 15, 2011 02:51PM
Disc golf baskets- always on there somehow!! and ladies colors would be great (everyone will buy one for their honey) -- some huggers with a logo would sell too. bud5996 PS maybe some limited editions, special orders like Detroit said. Let's do it bud5996
September 16, 2011 12:50PM
Just another idea for the artwork, if you are going to have a new design every year, have a theme for each year. I think a good theme would be the city that the SN champs are being held that year, say if it was New Orleans you could have Jazz and sea food.

Also I want to add that I would buy a dry fit polo and disc combination as long as it was priced reasonably. I may have another sponsor but it would be a long shot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 01:04PM by An UrgeTo Dance.
September 16, 2011 01:42PM
Several mention of a dry-fit polo. Polo's are a little dressier and I may by behind a little but I can't remember sponsors names on the back of any polo's. Isn't a back full of sponsors typically t-shirt territory?

JOhn k
September 16, 2011 01:51PM
I'd settle for a dry fit anything, usually when people think dry fit though they think polo.
September 16, 2011 01:53PM
the shirts Doug had at the SNPC in Ark. (blues) one are the best and sponsors names are on the back of them...

September 16, 2011 03:44PM
The JUDGES (jackson) 2011 club shirts are dry-fit tshirts from paragon disc golf in Illinois.

We sent our logo in which is bold across the back. The paragon logo is on the sleeve. We got a pretty nice deal for a shirt, towel, and bag tag for each member.

Lloyd Wilkins can provide more details if need be.
September 16, 2011 06:52PM
I'm not talking about a shirt plastered with sponsors.Just the SN emblem on it.Something people would want to wear.Lets not have a shirt covered in sponsors like tournament t's.Dri fit,a tag,and a disc.This could be a way to establish membership.Have current members.Numers.maybe even ratings.
September 18, 2011 05:41AM
It appears this idea is running like a wildfire and needs to be jumped on and acted upon in the next month at the maximum. Appears the NEW BOD needs to make this decision #1 and get this going.

I myself would like a dri-fit polo with no sponsors and would also be interested in a SN disc that could have sponsors on it and also a regular T-shirt that would have the sponsors on it. All three could be done and it would give SN members a choice as to wish option and each with generate funds that would go to the SN championship tournaments and the betterment of the SN in general. Also mentioned was huggers with a SN stamp and those could also fit a couple of sponsors on them. While we are on this, let's see about water bottles with an SN stamp on them. These are all excellent ways to put more cash into the SN coffers that will only help in growing SN.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
September 19, 2011 01:58PM
If you are going to use them as player's packs, how many of the same shirt does a player need. Maybe when you have your art contests you choose 12 designs. Depending on what month the tournament is in, you would use different artwork. Then people will want to collect all 12.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
September 19, 2011 10:29PM
I second the idea of a dry fit polo with no sponsors and a T-shirt with sponsors, I would most likely buy both as well as a disc.
September 19, 2011 11:06PM
Just a thought, what about having the sponsors in small lettering as a ring around the logo... I think it would keep the normal polo look but also get the sponsors on there. Thoughts?
September 20, 2011 04:04AM
An UrgeTo Dance Wrote:
> I second the idea of a dry fit polo with no
> sponsors and a T-shirt with sponsors, I would most
> likely buy both as well as a disc.

Ditto
September 20, 2011 07:15AM
Eric Day Wrote:
> Just a thought, what about having the sponsors in
> small lettering as a ring around the logo... I
> think it would keep the normal polo look but also
> get the sponsors on there. Thoughts?

NO.It would look like a giant swirl around the logo.People might get dizzy.I was thinking of the polo with an actual embroidered patch on the chest.No screen print.These polo's can be expensive but there quality.Look at the discmania polo's.Somthing like those.A disc with sponsors,a polo,and a SN tag.Open registration up for 3 months to the elders who have been in this land for some time now so they can get the lower numbers, and then open it up publicly.Just think,no more scattered points.
September 20, 2011 08:49AM
As a lady I'd like to see a V-neck dry fit shirt as an option. Polos look real nice, but sometimes the collar can be hot on our necks. Either way... This is a great idea! Can't wait to purchase mine!
September 20, 2011 09:18AM
V-necks.....nice!

I too think the classy dry-fit and a sponsor t-shirt are the way to go.....

I think the special order piece is GOLDEN......

think Dry-fit with your name or nickname on the back......now THAT would be cool....

Imagine......Griff.....Sunshine...Keychains...Crunchy..........BassMaster......Bolty......OGB....etc. (in no particular order of course)

Ya'll are on to something there!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013