Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Putt for Prevention @ City Park NOLA - 5 Nov 2011

Posted by The Leech 
Putt for Prevention @ City Park NOLA - 5 Nov 2011
September 19, 2011 01:48PM
Hey y'all,

I hope you've heard of the disc golf tournament coming to New Orleans on Nov. 5th. It's the Putt for Prevention Children's Hospital Charity Disc Golf Tournament. There is going to be a lot of fun prizes, food, drinks, and entertainment that day!

I have seen that the winners of the Pros will be awarded Custom fit Blazers and there is word of free beer and food with entry in the tournament. It's sounds awesome and I know you can email Putt4Prevention@gmail.com for more information or to register.
I'm Leech and I work for Children's and am hosting the tournament that day, it will be Southern national sanctioned and there should be a long d comp. if all goes well!

See y'all out there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 02:07PM by John K.
Re: Putt for Prevention @ City Park NOLA
September 19, 2011 02:23PM
sounds great!

September 19, 2011 10:25PM
Could we get some more info such as prices and such. I most likely will be there though nothing better than a DG tourney for a good charity.
September 21, 2011 04:01PM
Free beer? I love New Orleans
Jet
September 22, 2011 02:55PM
Road trip
Anonymous User
September 22, 2011 09:05PM
Sign up early! This event will sell out. Josh has lined up quite an impressive array of sponsorship and talent and New Orleans tournaments already sell out way ahead of time!
Dex
September 23, 2011 07:54AM
Free Beer

But according to the section of ''Sanctimonios Saviors for the Serious Sport''

Will we not all be disqualified?????

It all gets so discombobulated, or just down right confusing

Sounds like fun

Dex
Anonymous User
October 12, 2011 02:16PM
Hot off the press here is an update on this exciting tournament!

Josh the TD has confirmed that all players will get free lunch including pulled pork and chicken & sausage jambalaya catered by Czarkowski Parties. To wash it down there will be a few kegs of beer from NOLA Brewery! Yeehaw!

All players will also receive a custom-stamped disc from Innova...choose between a Katana or a Destroyer. I think Josh said every player gets a t-shirt too but don't hold me to that just yet.

There will probably be some live entertainment...(aside from the keg that is). Josh mentioned an act called "The Mysterious Beanicus".

Unfortunately the field is going to be limited for this event as there is a cross-country event going on that morning and so we won't be able to add many holes. We can maybe squeeze in an extra hole or two or three but I don't expect that we will be able to accommodate more than 105 players tops!

We will use both the am & pro tees for this tournament.

All proceeds raised will benefit Children's Hospital.

You can sign up at the course or as a courtesy I am taking entries via PayPal at underparmike@yahoo.com
(entry fees are listed on the schedule page).

October 12, 2011 02:48PM
10 a.m. start? Whats the price's?.... and all that other good stuff.
Anonymous User
October 12, 2011 03:27PM
All pro divisions are $45

All am divisions are $25

Josh just confirmed that everyone gets a shirt and a disc and free lunch and free beer.

Not sure about tee time. I'll get back with ya.
October 12, 2011 03:32PM
i want in the long D comp

BMB
October 12, 2011 03:48PM
I will most likely be signing up myself and someone else soon, NO Children's Hospital is a great charity to support. Also not that it would change my mind or anything I'm just curious, do you know what plastic the disc will be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 04:29PM by An UrgeTo Dance.
Anonymous User
October 12, 2011 05:05PM
I think it will be the best plastic.

T-shirt sponsors are still available. $100 gets you on the shirt. You're right, it is a great charity. This will be a fun fun way to raise some funds for a worthy cause. I can't believe what the players are getting for their entry fee!
October 13, 2011 10:28AM
Do y'all need any baskets for the extra holes, I'm in Morgan City but I could probably get mine to you sometime.
October 13, 2011 11:19AM
I have a hole sponsor and need to know how to make this happen.

$100 is being donated by the parents of a little boy who spent his first few month in Children's Hospital.

Are hole sponsor signs still available?

Thanks.
Anonymous User
October 13, 2011 11:27AM
Jason the schedule page has a contact # for Josh the TD:

[www.sndg.org]

Let me know if you don't reach Josh, I can help out if you can't reach him.
October 13, 2011 03:58PM
Hey Bud.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It will have a player's meeting at 9AM and we will start at 930. Be there early to register or catch me out there round 5 on MON THURS and FRI. Also SAT and SUN in the afternoon (except this weekend, I'm gonna go check out the courses in Lafayette.)
October 13, 2011 04:08PM
SO...

Also pros fees are $50 y'all.

This tournament is picking up speed and I just picked up another sponsor. Also, we have planned at least 2 or so ring of fires, as well as one ace pot. AND bah da da dah! Long distance competition. Got one interesting prize planned for the winner, so let's see how this turns out.
October 14, 2011 01:34PM
All the discs are going to be in INNOVA CFR Plastic. Pretty tight logos too. Be excited. Be very excited.
October 14, 2011 02:15PM
Any chance we will get a preview picture?

Edit: Is CFR champion or star plastic I can't remember.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 02:21PM by An UrgeTo Dance.
October 14, 2011 03:17PM
Alright guys.

It's getting down to crunch time. If anyone has any interest in doing t-shirt sponsors or prize sponsors, please let me know.

Also the t-shirts will range in sizes, so please get there to register as soon as possible. Or you might need to lose some weight :)

Or gain some.
October 14, 2011 07:45PM
An UrgeTo Dance Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chance we will get a preview picture?
>
> Edit: Is CFR champion or star plastic I can't
> remember.

Most are Champion, Katana is champion for sure, Destroyers in CFR are most of the time Glow. Just going by what I've seen in the past.
October 15, 2011 12:00AM
Wish I could make this, Great cause, Great course,Great folks.
Anonymous User
October 19, 2011 01:49PM
Registration update...

TD Josh reports there are already 25-30 players signed up, and with room for only about 100 players we are well on our way to another NO Team sellout!

Don't be left crying like a Colts fan, sign up today!
October 20, 2011 08:41AM
I will post preview pictures as soon as I can. In the meantime be assured I just got a first look at the t-shirts and they are something to be desired. Will post pictures soon.
October 20, 2011 08:44AM
Email putt4prevention@gmail.com to receive a copy of the image for the t-shirts.

Also please hurry because I do not know how soon we will be filled up. There are several people across the state actively recruiting right now!

Thanks y'all.
Anonymous User
October 25, 2011 08:18PM
This tournament is filling up quickly!

I will be taking signups at the Howler in Mobile on Saturday & Sunday for this tournament. That might be the last opportunity for sign-ups as this event is already more than halfway to the limit which is now at 90 players according to TD Josh.
Anonymous User
October 25, 2011 09:17PM

What is so funny about a NO Team event? Just ask BIG BROWN
October 26, 2011 07:25AM
Looking forward to attending this event! Will sign up this weekend with ya mike
October 26, 2011 07:42AM
This tourney is going to be friggen sweet.

Hey Keith , Did you find my disc ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013