Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lee Naquin Tourney - 5, 6 Nov 2011

Posted by Darbinator 
Lee Naquin Tourney - 5, 6 Nov 2011
September 24, 2011 12:40PM
2011 10th Anniversary Lee Naquin Memorial
Disc Golf Tournament
A Southern National Qualifier

2 rounds Saturday + 1 round Sunday Three 18 hole courses!!!
Six hole $50/skins Sunday Safari round for top six Pro Players at Bud Hill

Pre-registration: Marc Darby, PO Box 37, Brunswick, TN 38014 Ph: 901.832.8641

Dates: Saturday and Sunday November 5th & 6th
Locations: Shelby Forest and Bud Hill
Registration: Friday Afternoon/Evening at Bud Hill 1:00pm to 7:00pm; Saturday Morning 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. Shelby Forest
Entry Fees : (pre-register by check, cash only on Friday & Saturday)

Men Pro Open $60
Men Pro Masters $50
Men Pro Grand Masters $50
Women Pro Open $45
Women Pro Masters $40

Men Amateurs $35
Men Am Advanced $35
Men Am Advanced Masters $35

Women Amateurs $30

All contestants will play three
courses during the event. Trophies will
be given for three places in men pro divisions,
womens open, men amateur division and two
places in all other divisions.

Early registration is appreciated.
Make checks payable to Marc Darby. Sponsorship money will be
added to payouts in each pro division.

Any Questions contact Marc Darby 901.832.8641
Players Meeting (mandatory): Sat. 9:00 a.m. Shelby Forest Course Pavilion
Saturday Tee off: 10:00 a.m. (2nd round tba) Ace Pot: $3 per pool (voluntary)
Sunday Tee off: 9:00 a.m. Awards : Right after Safari Six @ Bud Hill
Sponsor a hole: $25: contributes to pro payout! Call Marc Darby 901.832.8641.

NOTES
1. The East & West course at Meeman Shelby Forest State Park.
2. Cooking at Bud Hill on Saturday and Sunday Afternoon
3. Late registration closes at 8:45 a.m. If you have not registered by then, you will not play.
4. Includes $2 to SNDG, $1 to Bud Hill & $1 per player to State Park plus other expenses.
5. Everyone needs to attend and pay attention. No registration during Players Meeting.
6. Payout/Prizes: Pros top 33%, Am Adv top 40%, all other Ams top 50%
7. Safari Six skins score will not be cumulative in the overall tournament results.
8. Absolutely no pets at Bud Hill NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Dont waste your breath asking.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 02:06PM by John K.
Re: Lee Naquin Tourney
September 26, 2011 05:12PM
Don't forget this is, as always, Daylight Savings Time Weekend!! Fall Back An Hour....Don't be late!!
September 26, 2011 09:50PM
Will skins be just the pro men or will masters and grandmasters also be eligible??
September 29, 2011 01:30AM
Robby,if its in memphis bro,you can be assured that any pro player,wether their entry fee is less or more than other pro divisions,is eligible to make the final skins.ANY DIVISION..I KNow I know,I know (kinda busch league slap in the face of pro open players) but theres 1 idiot around here who has convinced others,thats the way to go,and i heard that this tourny wont be a NPC qualifier either... Funny shat goin on around here,i tell ya
September 29, 2011 06:47AM
Please Scotty...like Gary said...RUN YOUR OWN tournament. You keep badmouthing people about how it is done...so SHOW the SN people how to run a large tournament.

LMAO. You couldn't run an outhouse.
September 29, 2011 08:05AM
Making this event an NPC Qualifier would be an added expense and with this being such a big tournament, I'm betting a lot of expenses are being used up front to make it happen. I respect the decision and hope we can work together in the future!
The National Players Challenge is moving forward in a big way! Jump on the train............November 12, 2011 Hot Springs, AR NPC Last Chance Qualifier!
September 29, 2011 08:32AM
Sorry but please dont wait until nov. To move your clocks back.i believe daylight savings time happens on the 3rd weekend of october.hope this helps
September 29, 2011 09:03AM
When is Daylight Saving Time (DST) this year (2011)?
Sunday 13 March 2011 2am local time - Sunday 6 November 2011

real easy to look it up
October 04, 2011 07:19AM
bump...this one will be a great time!!
October 04, 2011 11:22PM
Hey Robby, looking forward to seeing ya'll in November. Since the skins are a completely separate part of the tournament ie; does not count towards the outcome of any division and nor does the money come out of entry fees, the skins event is open to ANY PRO division. The only exclusion would be if a pro division does not play from where the men open play, then that division would not qualify. The skins were originally meant for the hottest golfers of the weekend go at it for 6 holes to have a little fun while the TD wraps up all of the end of the tourney stuff. It's also a lot of fun for the rest of the players to get a chance to see some incredible golf shots and some cool putts while the player is under pressure to either win or tie the hole. Robby I know you weren't needing this long winded answer, I was just taking the opportunity to fully explain why my decision is what it is. So, to make this perfectly clear to everyone wondering: The final 6 (safari 6) is going to be comprised of the low 6 scores and ties from ANY PRO DIVISION! This is final.
Thanks for the inquiry Robby, it was an issue that needed to be attended to and i'm glad you gave me the avenue to do so. Now come on over here and shoot your way into the safari!
Marc Darby
TD Lee Naiquin Memorial
October 06, 2011 02:41PM
I dont mind masters, grandmasters, and women being in the skins. I just dont like how the entry fees are different and allowing them to be in it. If all the pro entry fees were the same it would be fine.
October 06, 2011 02:49PM
Ummm what about the " all pros get to participate" is so difficult to digest? The skins DO NOT COME OUT OF ENTRY FEES
Who cares if entry is different if it doesn't go towards the skins? No money out of your pocket. The bigger entry fee goes towards a bigger payout...for that group. Just play golf and win, then it doesn't matter.

Easy enough
Thanks Marc...for running this tournament to be fair for all competitors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 03:10PM by wayneacree.
October 06, 2011 03:38PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont mind masters, grandmasters, and women being
> in the skins. I just dont like how the entry fees
> are different and allowing them to be in it. If
> all the pro entry fees were the same it would be
> fine.

Suppose there were no skins event. Should any pro division with less entry fees than the pro open be allowed to play in the same tournament? What about the Ring of Fire? I have been in a tournament where an individual put a $100 bounty to ace a certain hole. Should this be restricted to pro open? Must all event extras be only for the division paying the highest fee?

Like Mark said the skins event is merely a diversion to give the field something to do and watch while he and his staff tally the scores, organize the pay envelopes, arrange the am prizes, ctps, post game stats and the myriad of other tasks that the TD has to do to prepare for the awards ceremony.

Gary Wagoner
October 06, 2011 04:33PM
I think with all the squabble about skin dont have skins and Gary and I will sing till the awards. THIS IS NOT THAT HARD.
October 06, 2011 05:26PM
Danny,

I will get my banjo out and hook up with you next week. We can cobble together a few choruses of "Roll Yer Leg Over", "It Ain't Gonna' Rain No More" and my favorite "Go Get the Ax There's a Flea in Lizzie's Ear". I'm confident everyone will wish they were somewhere else watching a skins match!

Gary
October 07, 2011 09:16AM
Gary Wagoner Wrote:
> dustin morris Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I dont mind masters, grandmasters, and women
> being
> > in the skins. I just dont like how the entry
> fees
> > are different and allowing them to be in it.
> If
> > all the pro entry fees were the same it would
> be
> > fine.
>
>
> Suppose there were no skins event. Should any pro
> division with less entry fees than the pro open be
> allowed to play in the same tournament? What
> about the Ring of Fire? I have been in a
> tournament where an individual put a $100 bounty
> to ace a certain hole. Should this be restricted
> to pro open? Must all event extras be only for the
> division paying the highest fee?
>
> Like Mark said the skins event is merely a
> diversion to give the field something to do and
> watch while he and his staff tally the scores,
> organize the pay envelopes, arrange the am prizes,
> ctps, post game stats and the myriad of other
> tasks that the TD has to do to prepare for the
> awards ceremony.
>
> Gary Wagoner

All of these things allow ams to compete in it to. We should allow am divisions in the skins to if it isn't going to be restricted on pro open. Not saying the other pro fields shouldn't be allowed to play in skins but all pro divisions (in my oppinion) should have the same entry and on the same tees. The other pro divisions (in some occasions) pay less to play and get the same benefits as open. I don't mind watching masters and grandmasters play because they are some of the best to watch but why are their professional division cheaper than ours?
October 07, 2011 09:49AM
Dustin,

This is all my personal opinion.

Regarding Ams in the skins: Ams play for plaques and merchandise. Skins is a cash event so Ams should not be allowed to participate. Generally Ams play from shorter tees (when available) so the scores are not gained on a level playing field. If an Am is skilled enough to turn in a score among the top 6 then he should not be in the Am division, hence an incentive to quit sand bagging move up.

Regarding entry fee disparity: TD's would like the higher payout to go to the Pro Open division. A higher entry fee generates more money for that division. Moreover, when I do a tournament I allocate sponsorship money in direct proportion to the entry fee. That means even more money for the Pro Open division. Finally, it is an established tradition that the highest fees go to the highest skill levels and get progressive less as the presumed skill level and ability declines. This has proven to be a very successful tournament modle. Taking your arguement to its logical conclusion, if a TD adopts a flat fee for all Pro divisions and all Am divisions I do not see a well attended event. If you believe strongly in this concept I encourage you to TD a tournament and see how it works.

Gary Wagoner
October 07, 2011 10:51AM
It isn't a part of the tournament though, so ams getting money is irrelevent. there is always baggers in intermediate and majority of them is under the age of masters. So its not going to make them move up. I know a lot of masters and grandmasters that can make me look like i suck at disc golf that deserve to be in the skins but at the same time they paid less to be in it and i would hate for someone to be 1 stroke out of being in the skins when the person that beat him didn't pay as much as me to be in it. It would have been an chance for the open players that arn't as good and had a hot round that is stepping up to compete and a chance to show what we have and a shot at money. Playing open, everyone has the choice to play in that division.

People don't show up because of the amount the entry fee, so i dont think making all pro divisions the same price would cause people not to show up. People show up at NT tournaments knowing they are going to lose and they pay over 100 to play.

I am going to play in this tournament anyways because i love all these courses and the people.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2011 11:18AM
Not sure what's so hard to understand, IT'S THE TD'S CHOICE. Don't like it, run your own.

It kills me to see the lamest issues being argued.
October 07, 2011 11:50AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Not sure what's so hard to understand, IT'S THE
> TD'S CHOICE. Don't like it, run your own.
>
> It kills me to see the lamest issues being argued.

You have no say so...you have been playin intermediate since i was younger than 17. If you don't like what a write, dont look at it. Yes it is the TD's choice but i am just wondering how this came to be a good decision when most open players do not like this idea. Everyone that has commented on this is not in the open field...and some people that has commented on this don't even play a pro division at all, but like putting their 2 cents in. I just do not see how this is a good idea. Yes it was used in the past but i wasn't a pro and did not pay attention to it. Again, this is not a huge issue or hate towards anyone, i am just simply trying to understand how this is a good idea. I love gary's tournaments and i know that the doxey tourny was the same way and was great but just curious how open players feel about this. I am one of the only one's that state their oppinion on here and i can see why most pro players just keep their mouth shut and go along with whatever. Every pro that states their oppinion, everyone hates.
October 07, 2011 12:10PM
I honestly don't think that entry fee has anything to do with someone's "right" to get into the skins. If you play the same course from the same tees, and you shoot better than someone in the open field, you should be able to get into the skins. I will say that the exception to this rule/guideline is that it has to be a pro division as sometimes advanced divisions may play the same tees.

In my eyes, the purpose of the skins is to see the players who had the "hottest" weekend duke it out on some sweet safari holes. If it ends up being 6 grandmaster women, so be it.

--From the eyes of a middle-of-the-pack pro open player
October 07, 2011 12:15PM
Dustin, sorry I am not following your logic. Pro Open pays the larger entry fees and all entry fees go to payouts. Any other money is allocated to each division as Gary says using this premise. Now if ALL Pro players are playing the same tees and you have a GM Pro or Women's Pro shoot one of the low six scores and the money is from extra money or sponsored money then yes they should be allowed to compete for skins. Ams generally play from shorter tees and play for plastic mostly. I have no problem with who plays in skins as long as all played same tees and therefore played the same level. But this is the TD's call and since he is the one who generally puts up with the drama then let it be.
October 07, 2011 12:18PM
Dillon,

Your last sentence says it all. In every tournament there will be things that people don't like. I submit as example the last Tupelo event. I don't care for plaques that you can put in your shirt pocket. I like wall hangers that you can read from 10 feet away. The plaques were skillfully crafted stainless steel discs that were donated. The TD put the plaque money in extremely generous payouts. That was his decision and I respect that. If I had my druthers I would prefer a little less money and a larger plaque. That being said, I greatly appreciate the effort the TD put into producing the tournament and thanked him for enabling me to spend a glorious weekend in fellowship,exercise and competition. Compared to the enjoyment I experienced the size of the plaque fades to an insignificance that was not worth mentioning.

On the other hand there are some things I can not abide. The Pro Championships and the last Florence tournaments touted holes over 1000 feet long. On a good day with a perfect drive I can barely make 300 feet and more like 280. It would take me 4 perfect drives just to reach the putting green. This is no fun for me but that is the TDs decision and I respect that. For me the aggravation of 1000+ foot holes outweighs the enjoyment. I don't complain about it, I just choose not to participate.

Gary Wagoner
October 07, 2011 02:03PM
The previous message should have bee addressed to Dustin, not Dillon.

Gary
October 07, 2011 02:58PM
basically, the way i look at it is that everyone is eligable for pro open, even women. Allowing open to be the skins division, since everyone can be in it, it will make our open field larger b/c a lot of the time its only a few open players playing. But i know it wont be a bad outcome because it is the lee naquin.
October 09, 2011 10:48PM
What? Seriously?
October 10, 2011 09:00AM
Marc:

What is the playing schedule? Just wanted to know when I would be where. Thanks!

Steve
October 10, 2011 04:56PM
The camping area is now ready lots of wood this year so come on.
October 10, 2011 04:58PM
Drift wood? LOL

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
October 11, 2011 08:53AM
Can not wait for this great fun event, twice a year I can get away and just relax for a few days with great friends. we should all make a big push to see what fun and help we can add to each event we attend. By the way put SKYSOUTH.COM your complete online DISC GOLF store down for $100. sponsor. Hope to see everyone there.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013