Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 2 - 26 Nov 2011

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 2
November 01, 2011 07:50AM
In the past we have played one round short and one round long
November 02, 2011 12:53PM
We usually have mixed divisions for round one with everybody playing the Recreation tees. The second round will be division play with Pros from the long tees. There will also be a whole bunch of baskets moved between rounds. More to come later.
November 03, 2011 03:29PM
Is this the final answer? I am trying to decide between this tourney and another one. I do not want to come to this one if it is going to be mixed divisions.

Robert 'Mac' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We usually have mixed divisions for round one with
> everybody playing the Recreation tees. The second
> round will be division play with Pros from the
> long tees. There will also be a whole bunch of
> baskets moved between rounds. More to come later.

Bill Bullington
November 04, 2011 06:06AM
To answer your question Bill, I am not the TD so this is not the final answer, just the way we have played in the past. Bill McCarty and I will both be in Memphis this week end and we announce the fromat early next week.
November 06, 2011 07:23PM
Robert, I'll see yall then... Tell Donald I'm saving him a seat on my card!!!
November 07, 2011 09:46AM
This is going to be a great tournament and look forward to it.
November 07, 2011 07:36PM
so is it going to be mixed round or both rounds div play? either way its going to be an awesome tourny havent ever played there but i am ready to play
November 07, 2011 11:15PM
I got it confirmed today that I will be off the 26th, so I will be making my 3rd Pickwick tourney. Also marks my 2 year anniversary in the sport. Looking forward to this one.
November 08, 2011 08:00PM
just a question but everbody keeps saying this is there third trip but correct me if im wrong but isnt this pass the stuffing 2 did i miss pass the stuffing 1 and a half lol any way cant wait
November 08, 2011 11:29PM
there was an innaugural tournament, pickwick tournament (Mac was the TD), then pass the stuffing 1, and then this one.
November 09, 2011 10:13AM
Since we support the juniors and nivice plaayers, we will more than likely haave a mixed division start. If no juniors or novice players register, we could go with the divisional start.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks for asking!

Bill

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
November 09, 2011 10:18AM
Pickwick bagtags will also be sold at this event!!!! (allows you to be in an additional ace pot for this event and support our club!!!) Every hole is aceable, so keep that in mind!
November 09, 2011 10:51AM
Grass roots Should ALWAYS Mix the First round!!! It's about the FUN!!!
November 09, 2011 03:12PM
Jack C. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grass roots Should ALWAYS Mix the First round!!!
> It's about the FUN!!!

Want to get more players to move up? Stop mixing divisions. I have played up at least one division for years, I do this so I can play with better players. There is less reason to move up when half the event is played in a completely random group. When I play up, I have a good chance to play with the better players in the division I chose to play. With mixed cards, even when I play up I will only play with the players who played poorly the first round.

Bill Bullington
November 09, 2011 05:28PM
wrong i have played ams for not even one year yet but i am moving up to pro and you wanna know y cuz of tournys like this i got to play with adv and pro players and they taught me things and now i feal i am at the level to hang with them now its up to us the better players to teach the ones just learning things that we have been taught, i mean its thanksgiving. give others the opportunity to watch play and learn thats what grows this sport. thats just my view its a 1 day tourny have fun with it.
November 09, 2011 10:22PM
If it were not for the Junior and Novice players, Disc Golfers would be extinct! I know of no Open, Advanced, or Amateur players that started out as anything other than a Junior or a Novice player!

If we are to grow this sport to anywhere near its pontential, we need to get young players intrested in the sport.

It is not abut the individual, but the community! We need to promote, not limit its growth.

Don't get me wrong, there are many events that do not recognize the Junior and Novice divisions, and you start the first round with your peers. I love these starts because you DO get to get your game on right away!

This event is more of a get together for the Disc Golf Family and Friends, very much what the Southern Nationals is all about! As the disc says:

"Wish you were Here!"

On another note, deductions for this event will be the $2 per player (except Juniors), $1 for the Plantation, and the price of the awards.

We will have Tip's Ole Southern Bar-B-Que there for your food concessions.

Later . .

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
November 10, 2011 12:16AM
flickster, he can't really be wrong considering it is his opinion

I'm all for promoting and growing the sport and I play practice/casual rounds with all skill levels in an effort to do so. Practice/casual rounds serve the purpose of teaching newer players the ropes... Nearly all of these type rounds for me are spent with players of various skill levels and I enjoy teaching and helping others improve.

However, at some point, we are competing in a tournament for money, and I personally prefer to play in a group of my peers when competing in a tournament. You could still mix the amateur divisions, being those players are still learning the game themselves, but could still help those new to tournament play along.

Also, for this tournament, if we are mixing divisions, is it necessary for the Pros to play the Am tees? It should still be very reasonable that the Pros would still play the Pro tees and just tee off first on every hole. I personally do not enjoy playing tournament rounds were a 10 down is only an 'average' round at best. Last time I competed in this tournament, the Pro scores were -14, -14, -10, -10, -7 - Deuce or die to the extreme!
November 10, 2011 07:53AM
That is an option of sorts, letting the Pros start divisionally and the Amateurs could be mixed!

I will be thinking on it!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
November 10, 2011 08:08AM
Either way, its a disc golf course from am pads and pro pads. I dont care if i have to shoot -3 from pro pads or -15 from am pads. objective still is the same reguardless.

its pretty much the same as the jungle at wall doxey. if you dont shoot double digits, dont plan on winning pro.
November 10, 2011 01:03PM
Double digits at doxey? Didnt hear of a round in double digits at doxey the past tournament...beat i heard was -7 on back and -9 on front.
November 10, 2011 01:06PM
My vote goes to let Bill do what he thinks best in HIS mind. If every tournament was the same it would be dull in my eyes. Might get to make it as our baby girl was born yesterday. :-)
November 10, 2011 01:55PM
clayton shot a -8 and wammack shot a -9 last tournament on the jungle. but in past tournaments i have seen scores over 10. in the last pickwick tournament the best on the am pads were by ron gay with -7 in pro and josh david with -10 in advanced.
November 10, 2011 02:40PM
under -10*
November 10, 2011 03:44PM
Dustin, I played this tournament 2 years ago and the scores were as I listed above - 10 down being the hot round at the jungle and 10 down being an 'average' round from the shorts at Pickwick is a big difference

not to mention, the Jungle only has 1 set of tees, so we play what is there - at Pickwick, they at least have Pro tees that are more challenging and actually quite fun to play - it has never made sense to me in any tournament, why Pros would play Am tees, when Pro tees are available - sounds like an oxymoron to me...

the TD certainly has a right to do as he wants, its his tournament, his decisions - but most TDs want to satisfy the majority of the players, so if we don't share our opinions (in a constructive manner), then the TD doesn't not know what the players want - if my opinion on a topic is in the minority, then that is ok too, but players sometimes decide whether to attend a tournament or not based on what the TD decides

it doesn't mean I won't come to the tournament and still have a lot of fun, but I also like to come to tournaments to challenge myself and play competitive disc golf against other Pros
November 10, 2011 04:03PM
I was not trying to stir anything up here, just looking for info. I am considering 2 events on this date, most likely I will come to this one if I can compete within my division both rounds. I will definately not be coming if the cards are mixed.

I had planned to play Open, so if you decide to let pro play together both rounds please let me know.

Bill Bullington
November 10, 2011 06:28PM
you didnt stir up anything just alot of opinions going around its just all fun
November 10, 2011 07:42PM
well does not matter to me which we play, i play AM div.. does not matter with me how it goes,
all im looking forward to is coming to play. this will be my first time to play it so pass some of that
stuffing .do like watching some of the pro's throw a putter further than i can throw a driver though..
November 10, 2011 08:46PM
Pro Pads, AM Pads, they all involve making shots that yield your best score. Sure most of the time every hole with a Pro Pad will have a higher degree of difficulty but mixing things up just means a player has to adapt and is that not what a Professional Player is expected to do. I hear the same stuff when its mentioned that the tournament will be played from the longs, only this is from the AMs. It should not hurt anyone to step outside their comfort zone and adapt, lets a person find out about themselves. I have no preferences what so ever the TD decides will be great and I hope to show up and play the game I am capable of based on what and how I adapt to the conditions of the day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 08:47PM by Ricco Suavez.
November 12, 2011 12:45PM
Will the adv field play long tees?
November 13, 2011 06:20PM
Bill,

For the sake of those who have never played in this event before, where is it and how do you get there from Memphis?

Gary Wagoner
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013