Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 2 - 26 Nov 2011

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 2
November 13, 2011 06:49PM
I do not have a street address but those with computer access and maps either Bing or Google or Mapquest can use the following Lat-Long

35.019058 -88.239571
November 13, 2011 07:51PM
Pickwick Plantation is one mile north of the TN sate line on Highway 25 north!

Coming from Memphis you would take 72 east to 25 north at Iuka, MS. Travel north on 25 until you reach the course, which willbe on your right.

If, for some reason, you want to take Highway 64 or 57 out of Memphis, go east until you hit ether Savanaha or Counce at turn right ( south) and go to the course, which will now be on your left.

Next door (north) from the course is Jon's Pier, fine dining.

Also, I found out today from Jim Speth, the owner, that he is thinkig of leasing the property, to include the Plantaion House (once an upscale bed and breakfast) the baskets (18 Innova DisCatchers), and the garage/storage building. There is food service equipment in the Plantation House, and grounds maintenance equipment in the garage which he will sell.

He wants to keep the property.

With some work to the old Plantation house, this would be a great place for a Disc GOll getaway weekend, rent a room and play all weekend!

Just an idea, there is also an outdoor stage that could be used to present live music.

On another note:

I am thinking of doing a divisional start for all Pro Divisions, with the Open and Masters ONLY playing long tees. All Advanced, Amateurs, Novice, & Juniors with a mixed start off of the short tees.

I had six players pre register today. if there are at least 24 players pre registered by this coming Friday, I will make some event shirts.

We will be having another work day Saturday November 19th at 1:00, it should not take long to knock out the remaining cleanup.

Thanks, any questions, fee free to contact me.

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
November 14, 2011 06:30AM
its easy to find, what confuses some folks.. 25N turns into hwy 57 at the state line.... Sho was windy windy up there yesterday but we had us a blast
November 14, 2011 01:52PM
I plan to be there! Will be playing Pro
November 14, 2011 06:38PM
i plan to be there and playing pro open got a sick ace there sunday in the mini it was an awesome day for discing
November 17, 2011 02:54PM
How many people are pre-registered? If I go it will be last minute so just wondering thanks.
November 18, 2011 01:07PM
There are five or six as of right now, expecting some in the mail!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
November 20, 2011 09:19AM
Registered Players so far:

Pro Master

Marc Darby

Pro MasterWomen

Tommy Darby

Advanced

Tom Walker

Amateur Men

Michael Fisher
Danny Leach
Michael Thrasher
Erice Brose

Did some more tweeking on the course yesterday, thanks to those who helped!

Have been getting a lot of calls from players who are planning on being there, looks like we will have a pretty good field!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
November 20, 2011 04:37PM
if you havent cashed in a higher division you can move back down right? even though i shot 16 under but didnt cash in a pdga tourny i can play ams at this tourny correct?
November 20, 2011 06:01PM
Yes. You are correct.
Re: Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 2 - 26 Nov 2011
November 21, 2011 06:01AM
Flickster goin from playn pro to am this weekend? Confused lol.
November 21, 2011 07:19AM
Why would you play ams if you shot -16
November 21, 2011 07:47AM
head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would you play ams if you shot -16

Guess it depends where you shot it. A pitch and Putt?
November 21, 2011 08:58AM
flickster2184 Wrote:
> if you havent cashed in a higher division you can
> move back down right? even though i shot 16 under
> but didnt cash in a pdga tourny i can play ams at
> this tourny correct?

round these parts we call that "sand bagging".

[en.wikipedia.org]
November 21, 2011 09:33AM
sounds right to me.^^^^^^^^^^
November 21, 2011 09:44AM
He shot -16 in Russelville. -16 won AMs as well. Play pro flickster, get some experience.
November 21, 2011 05:14PM
alright guys i was just playing aroung i am going to play pro and yeah i shot 16 down anthe only other guy that shot 16 down should have played pro but thats y hes a bagger and i am not just saying so quit freaking out lol
November 22, 2011 10:17AM
Bill, add 3 more to the field, Dewey Fowler, Pro Grandmaster, Terry Jones, Pro Grandmaster, Clint Swoopenhyser, Intr. Men. We will be there sat. morning around 8.
November 22, 2011 10:28AM
Gonna be another rainy tournament they callin for 60 percent for saturday but won't be the first time and won't be the last I LOVE DISCGOLF
November 22, 2011 12:06PM
michael-lonewolf Wrote:
> Gonna be another rainy tournament they callin for
> 60 percent for saturday but won't be the first
> time and won't be the last I LOVE DISCGOLF

Unless you go huntin.
November 22, 2011 01:51PM
Why would I go hunting ricco when I done payed to get in tourney I'm gonna play rain snow or sunshine little rain don't scare me I won't melt
November 22, 2011 06:53PM
plan to make this. I have never played there before but sounds like it will be a good one. Is it too late to pre-reg? Didnt know if you were doing shirts or not
November 23, 2011 06:37AM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
> Flickster goin from playn pro to am this weekend?
> Confused lol.

Robby, I call it nervous about those woods..Long fairways from the bigboy boxes.
November 23, 2011 09:37AM
He hasn't won an AM tournament, not like he ran a division for an entire season and didnt move up. If he wants to play pro, thats fine, but i wouldn't say he is a complete bagger if he hasn't got 1st in that division in any tournaments. Even if he has placed very well in every tournament.
November 23, 2011 06:46PM
Hold on dustin I haven't finished 1st in a AM tournament yet and you call me a bagger but then u gonna say flickster aint unless he's placed 1st hmmm "raising eyebrow" am I missin somethin here
November 23, 2011 07:46PM
Bill and Jody replaced the damaged A pin placements on holes 8 and 12 today. Two new shots to add to the fun. Thanks for the hard work and welcome back Jody. Remember that the Players' Meeting is earlier than usual.
November 23, 2011 07:46PM
My definition of a bagger is someone, regardless of tournament placements, who can hold their own verses someone in a higher division. They may have only placed in the top 5 in 4 or 5 tournaments, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't move up. That could mean they had one bad round, a bad hole, or the people in front of them are baggers. Not saying he should move up or no, just saying what I think a bagger is. However, if you place 2nd in a pro tournament by shooting -16, I think you can handle the Adv. or Pro divison.
November 23, 2011 07:55PM
First off -16 for two rounds is pretty good but you would have to take in consideration the course. I have not played the course but is it a "pitch and putt" type course much like Booneville's Short or is it a good mix of short and long, tight or difficult. Plus did he not finish second in a three man division, I am not belittling his last tournament but if all is not considered than he could very well be not ready for PRO, if he feels he is ready then that is all the that needs be said.

Now as far as Lonewolf I think he finished either ahead or slightly behind Flickster in his last two tournaments hmm, seems it is time to move up Wolf.
November 23, 2011 08:53PM
And ricco when I feel confident enough for advanced I will
November 23, 2011 09:01PM
As Robert said, Jody and I added new pin placements on holes 8 & 12.

Hole 8 is left at a distance of 290 feet, and hole 12 is about 40 feet right of the existing placement.

Jody also did some trimming on holes 7 & 8 to open up the shots from the long tees.

As Robert also mentioned, we will cut off registration at 9:15 and start the players meeting at that time. We will tee ASAP after that.

Tip's Ole Sourthern Bar-B-Que will be there to provide sopme good food for the break.

I will be on site around noon on Friday and will start registering players then. We have several players coming in form Memphis Friday to register and play the course.

Look forward to seeingyou all there.

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013