Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 2 - 26 Nov 2011

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: Pickwick Plantation Please Pass the Stuffing 2 - 26 Nov 2011
November 23, 2011 09:57PM
I shot -13 at RVILLE and it was my first time playing since the spring, so Him shootin -16 doesnt mean he will do that every tournament or that he should play pro or whatever. Good for him if he does. Just about every hole was toss a midrange and sink a putt. I did alot better than I thought I would considering how long it had been. Cant wait to play this one. Sounds like its a nice course!
November 23, 2011 10:21PM
well i was just playing and yeah russelville not a big course but the pro that beat me was throwing distance driver, the wind was blowing hard and i didnt see anyone just chunking a putter i am not saying i am a great player i am just ok but i was just joking about playing ams the last am tournys i have played i ended up 6 under th last 7 rounds i have played in tourny play i have not shot over at all so for me i am just stuck in a place and the only way for me to improve is to move up. I am not saying i am a pro cuz i am not i will prob play adv at pickwick i didnt mean to get anything started its at players discression to move up, if there not ready well they aint so lonewolf you do what you need to and hang in there but for me i have to move up if i am ever gonna be a pro thats all i love disc golf its a fun sport so lets all get along and play some DANG GOLF LOL!
November 23, 2011 10:51PM
Im ready!!!! Im thinking about playing advanced with you. The last tourney was to see where I stood considering it had been awhile. I might get killed every tournament, but I agree if you want to get better it helps to play against better players. Wasnt knocking you on your round at rville was just stating that it wasnt like you shot -16 at bigbee 2 so I didnt see the big deal as to which division you decided to play. If I could get my puttin down I think I could hang in advanced with you.
November 23, 2011 11:00PM
And flickster it didn't start nuthin I'm pickin at dustin and ricco we do it all the time and I agree with lockedown if my putting was better I would move up cause as far as my throwing I'm proud of it but my putting is what hurts me so I get it down I will move up to where yall at
November 24, 2011 07:45AM
Flickster, like I said play what you feel comfortable with. Dont let peer pressure move you up when you are not ready. I just thought with you playin intermediate it was a big jump all the way to pro and I was pointing out that a good score at one course does not mean a person can expect to shoot similar scores elsewhere. Now Wolf on the other hand is ready to move up based on his last two tournaments. LOL.
November 25, 2011 09:47AM
Just want to say that the course looks great and is playing great. I went up there yesterday and played a round with fish and some others yesterday and it was in the best condition that I can ever remember it being in from the short tees. Want to thank everyone who has worked on it to make it where it is in it's condition now. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there tomorrow.
November 25, 2011 10:38AM
Been looking at several sites about Saturdays weather and the consensus is best chance of rain after five pm, although some chance starting at 2pm. With player signup cut off at 9:15 and a quick players meeting maybe we can get started as early as possible to avoid as much of the wet stuff as possible.

No I won't melt but I for one do not enjoy playing in the rain esp. a cold rain. Not to mention some of the areas can be quite slick and you already have some low areas that can get really wet. Will look at forecast in morning before making trek, good luck to all and safe travel.
Anonymous User
November 25, 2011 06:35PM
You guys kill me with this move up stuff. Play where you want, or where you can compete. If someone doesn't like it then THEY can move up.
November 25, 2011 07:04PM
Dillon as I told flickster me ricco and dustin pick on each other they try to tell me to move up tryin to encourage me that I'm better than I think I am but there's no harm I'm stsayin where I am and anyone else that don't feel like they are where they need to be DO what u thinks right for YOU
November 25, 2011 07:08PM
As far as rain they showed on channel 9 that 330 would be the time rain would move in and that would be at starkville ms the rest at that time would just be crossin mississippi river
November 25, 2011 10:49PM
yeah play where YOU can compete if you cant play pro DONT there is nothing wrong with playing ams!!!!
November 26, 2011 05:51PM
wow good shooting wade maybe next year you can play ams and defend your title. thats what i would do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 26, 2011 05:58PM
Great day for Disc Golf!!!!!!!!!! Rain held off, course was in good shape, windy conditions made things interesting, tournament went off without a hitch. Kudos to DG Guy and all the volunteers. I for one enjoyed playing with both groups today. Well deserved praise to the TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 28, 2011 06:11AM
Good tournament Bill, i appreciate you hosting the tournament.

Just dont read what we post then.

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys kill me with this move up stuff. Play
> where you want, or where you can compete. If
> someone doesn't like it then THEY can move up.
November 28, 2011 09:17AM
Great tournament, Bill. Although a little breezy the weather was fabulous, especially when compared with what blew in Sunday. This was my first time playing at Pickwick Plantation and I really enjoyed the course.

There were 7 PGMs competing. Congratulations to Terry Jones for nosing me out of first by one stroke and nosing me out of winning the ace pot throw-off by one foot. I was pleased to take second and finish in positive Linton Units.

Everyone there owes a debt of gratitude to Bill McCarty. Without him this tournament would not have happened. Without people like him other tournaments would not happen.

Thank you, Bill, and all the other TDs out there, for taking the initiative and doing what needs to be done.

Gary Wagoner
jcb
November 28, 2011 12:44PM
winners?
November 28, 2011 01:08PM
1st Clayton Nash, 2nd Drew Sockwell, 3rd Dustin Morris in open
November 28, 2011 03:53PM
Pro Grand Masters

1st - Terry Jones, 2nd - Gary Wagoner, 3rd - John Linton
November 28, 2011 04:07PM
Worn out again, but another Please pass the Stuffing goes on the books.

It was great seeing a lot of Disc Golf friends at this event, as well as a lot of new ones! We had two novice players, and Ruslan had actually never played before, one from the Ukrane and the other from Slavakia. Talk about Road Warriors!

No, the did not come from there directly, they both live in TN now! I guess, as Robert said, "we have gone international"!

The food was great, again, provided by Tip's Ole Southern Bar B Que, the rain held off until I actually got everything loaded and ready to pull out! A little windy, but not much you can to about that!

Congratulations go out to all our Champions and those who pushed them to perform.

Thanks to all the Pickwick Disc GOlf Club members who came out and worked on the course before the event. I have heard it said that it was in the best shape it has ever been it. Lots of baskets changed positions between rounds, so it was noit like you could just go out and play your same game for round 2!

Thanks to Joey Neff for helping with setting up and loading out, could not have done it without you.

Thanks to Sharon Davis for making the bathrooms shine, you should have seen them Thursday!

Thanks to Jim Speth for all he has done getting this course in the ground and keeping it there! Look for some BIG changes to come at the Pickwick Plantation soon!

As always, let me know if I have misspelled anyones names so that it will be right on the results page. I will send the report to John the middle of the week If I do not need to make any corrections!

Also, thanks to all those who took the chance on the forecast and played in the Please Pass the Stuffing 2, I hope you had a great time!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
November 28, 2011 04:19PM
10 th in intermediate clint swoopenhyzer ...i like it.

BMB
November 29, 2011 05:56AM
Not sure but rob finch is Robert "Mac" Finch, i could be wrong though.
November 29, 2011 10:13AM
Corrections to the Grahnd Master payout and Robert Finch's name:

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
November 30, 2011 04:50PM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org. Bill make sure I got the divisions correct....

JOhn k
December 01, 2011 08:53AM
Thanks John, appreciate it!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013