Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gulf Coast Bible Camp Tourny Dec 10th

Posted by Byron 
Gulf Coast Bible Camp Tourny Dec 10th
November 02, 2011 04:00PM
Gulf Coast Bible Camp
Re: Gulf Coast Bible Camp Tourny Dec 10th
November 02, 2011 04:01PM
Gulf Coast Bible Camp Lucedale, MS Disc Golf Tournament
Dec 10th Two rounds

LOCATED 3 MILES OVER THE Alabama/Mississippi State Line
CHECK MAPQUEST FOR DIRECTIONS (ADDRESS: 120 Bible Camp Rd)
SIGN IN AT 8:00AM TIL 9:30
PLAYERS MEETING AT 9:30
TEE OFF AT 10AM

TWO ROUNDS OF EIGHTEEN
LUNCH AVAILABLE ON SITE FOR $6 We have a full dining hall and kitchen on site.
THIS WILL BE SOUTHERN NATIONAL QUALIFIER. PAYOUT WILL BE TO TOP 25 percent OF EACH FIELD.

$25 FOR NOVICE
$30 FOR ALL AM DIVISIONS
$35 For ADVANCE
$40 ALL PRO DIVISIONS
$5 WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF EACH ENTRY FEE FOR CAMP USEAGE

CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS 251-753-0962
Arrangements to stay Friday night can be made.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2011 04:04PM by Byron.
November 02, 2011 04:05PM
Great place and very good course. like to see a great turnout for this event, now go ace one for me Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
November 02, 2011 07:58PM
Will there be a junior division offered? I'm hoping that the club will have enough money by Dec. 10 so that I can bring a group of students.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
November 03, 2011 07:17AM
Yes we have had a junior division in the pass when some show up. I am hoping to offer a camp scholarship to the winner for 2012. That a $125 deal for one full week of camp. Justin please give me a call if you think you could get a group of students out to play before the tourny. Will set something up and give you guys a preview for those who haven't seen the place. 753-0962.

Other Questions Have Come Up As Far As Lodging On Friday Night
Check this site for lodging information, this cabins are a mix between a bunk house and a lodge. Showers and AC with a serta twin size matterss are provided. NO alcohol or illegal substance are premitted. Cost will be $20 for the night. The course is listed as a 14 hole course. The last 4 are portables put up around our lake for the tournament only. Dont be fooled, they are some of the prettiest holes in the course.

Every year we have new players come out and are pleasently surprised by the quality of this course. Matt O took the open division last year. He made the same statement.
November 03, 2011 10:46AM
The Bible Camp course is LEGIT! The island hole last year was sweeeet! Is it back?

I'd like to bring a group out. Let me check with some chaperones and see if we can make a Saturday out of it. We need to have one more fundraiser to have enough funds by then. If we don't, I could have the students supplement the entry fees with their own added money. I'll be in touch.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
November 04, 2011 12:57PM
Ok,

1st We will have the coure playable on Sunday November 13th at 1 PM. You can not come earlier than 1 becasue we have a session of 200 that will be on the grounds til noon and probably later. There will be no cost to play just come and play. We will be closing the camp up at 4 so you have 3 hours, enough for 2 rounds. I know we have about 10 already that are planning to make it out.

2nd We will be giving away a summer camp scholarship to the winner of the junior division. This scholarship can be redeemed during one of our 2012 summer camp sessions. We have had alot of interest in this division and every year a few come out. I hope this helps set a record number for this division.

3rd Don't think this is a child's course. Juniors will play from the reg tees on most holes and 2 junoir tees. Six holes have Pro tee positions and one of those throw across a 300 ft lake making it nearly a 400 ft hole.We have had up to 16 open players at this event and I hope to set a new record in this division as well. I hope to get a basket for the Adv group, but not sure yet. There will be a limited feild of 90 players.
November 04, 2011 01:51PM
My son and I will be in attendance. Whats for lunch this year? lol

Can we send in early registration?
November 07, 2011 08:38AM
EARLY REGISTRATION CAN BE SENT TO

Byron Smith
6016 Booker Circle
Mobile, AL 36693

Lunch will continue to be one of the best offered. I planned on doing the same style meal as last year. Boston Butts, Corn, Green Beans, and if my wife is doing the cooking this year, expect the Original Oyster House's Peanut Butter / Chocolate Chip Pie
November 07, 2011 09:51AM
This is always a great tournament for a great cause! I love this course...it's something different to play. I won't be able to make it this year, will have to work that weekend. But I hope you have a great turnout!
November 08, 2011 07:27AM
Thank you Bolt and you will be missed this year.
This coming Sunday the course will be opened for play from 1 to 4. Who's planning on coming out?
November 09, 2011 11:55AM
OK WE WILL NOT BE TAKING $5 OUT OF THE PLAYERS REGISTRATION FEE. INNOVA HAS ALLOWED US TO DO SOME DIFFERENT THINGS SINCE THIS EVENT TRIES TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE CAMP.

Instead it looks like every player will get a CFR disc at sign up. This will come out of the registration instead. These disc are vauled at $16 each and all funds will given to the camp.
All disc are champion glow except the makos. Disc selection are Archon, Big Bead Aviar, Aviar, Destroyer, Firebird, Katana, Leopard, Sidewinder, Ch Mako, and TeeBird.

We have a discatcher sport that will be given away in some form or fashoin as well. To sponsor a hole please provide merchandise for CTP or Cash. Please contact me with hole sponserships questions at 753-0962.
November 09, 2011 11:59AM

HERE'S THE STAMP!!!

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
November 09, 2011 12:54PM
Wow! Nice players packs!

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
November 09, 2011 01:28PM
Nice stamp! My friends and I will be coming to the toss Sunday. Last year there were two aces on the same hole, the one throwing blind over the water. I still have the picture of the two discs in the basket. Also, put me down for a hole sponsorship. Can't wait for this one.

Tommy Norman
November 09, 2011 08:29PM
Jim said he and some buddies were coming out to. Guess they will get (need) the golf cart. LOL
November 10, 2011 08:33AM
Here's a sample of some of what you'll be seeing(including a hole made by yours truly)
Hole 4

Hole14

Holes 17 and 18(island hole)

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
November 10, 2011 11:16AM
Brining a group from Pcola. Contact me if ya wanna car pool together. 850-712-7960 send me a text if your interested.
P.S. if you haven't had Byrons boston butt then you honestly have NO idea what your missing out on.

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
November 10, 2011 11:29AM
Hopefully, I will be able to attend this event. Had a great 1st trip there last year. A sweet little course it is!! Looking for some revenge this year.

Byron, put me down for a $25 hole sponsor. Largemouth Disc Golf Productions.....
November 11, 2011 09:05AM
Thanks Tony. I left a flyer for this event at Paul B at the little office by hole one. They asked if I knew you and was going to check with someone to get the flyer up in the front window. If you get a chance to ask about it please do.

Hoping to make the Fox Hunt

For more information check our our web site gulfcoastbiblecamp.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 09:09AM by Byron.
November 13, 2011 05:57PM
We had seven people go out there this afternoon. It was the first time playing the course for all of us. Everyone liked it a lot. The variety was great. Some open, some wooded, water holes, elevation, etc. Many of the holes made you think instead of just walking up and slinging it. The island hole was a little intimidating, but it was a great finale for the course. I think three or four of us will probably be coming back for the tournament in a few weeks.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
November 14, 2011 05:45PM
Looks great hope everyone can show support for this event. Great place to play disc golf .

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
November 14, 2011 09:08PM
If anyone would like to see the course before the 10th give me a call and we will work something out. Thanks to all those who drove over and played the course.

If we can get 15 advance players out, the adv division will be playing for a basket. If they don't, 20 AMs players may be playing for it instead. We will have CTP's and some ring of fires as always.
November 18, 2011 09:11AM
Is there any way a few of us could come play this course on one of these next 3 weekends?? Sorry I missed the opportunity on the 13th, had I known then I would have made it out!
November 18, 2011 11:18AM
Excited about this tourney! Will be playing advanced and bringing a rec player and two juniors, first timers all 3
November 21, 2011 01:39PM
I'll be out there tomorrow if players would like to come out. Tuesday 10 til 4. call me if you are planning to come out. 251-753-0962
November 22, 2011 10:47AM
Hey Byron,

If you need any help. Let me know. I want to come to this one!!!! I like this course.

later,

pb
November 24, 2011 09:38AM
MikeB and I made it out on Tuesday to play. The course is looking good! There are a lot of birdie holes, but you have to earn them! I'll be bringing several of the students to this one!

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
November 28, 2011 09:40AM
Bump

Josh Brigan
BADgolf Designs
November 30, 2011 06:28PM
I'll be there for sure!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013