Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pro Fox Hunt - Nov. 19th - Paul B. Johnson SP

Posted by sand2bass2 
Pro Fox Hunt - Nov. 19th - Paul B. Johnson SP
November 03, 2011 12:30PM
2011 PRO FOX HUNT

Nov. 19th, 2011
Paul B. Johnson State Park
Desert Fox DGC

Meeting 9 a.m.
Tee off 9:30

Open & Masters---$40
Grandmasters-----$35
Pro Women--------$30
All Adv. Div.'s------$30

2 Rounds of 18
(*9 hole course to be used as well for some*)

First 30 registered players get a FREE tournament shirt!!

ALL Adv. div.'s get a choice of PRO plastic disc with tourney logo. (KC Roc, KC Glow Aviar, Katana, or Boss)

1st place Advanced Men wins a Discatcher Sport portable basket!! ($200 value)

Added cash for ALL pro divisions!! ($500 thus far to be added to the pot)

I am getting some really nice acrylic trophies done for the Pro divisions for this event, so if you are a fan of awesome trophies and need a new piece to add to the mantle, you can acquire what you seek, at the Fox Hunt!!

No finals as originally advertised. Just don't think there would be enough daylight. Sorry if this upsets anyone.

CTP's and R-o-F's!! Bring your SN bag tags!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 01:16PM by sand2bass2.
Re: Pro Fox Hunt - Nov. 19th - Paul B. Johnson SP
November 03, 2011 07:13PM
pro fox hunt with advanced?

BMB
Anonymous User
November 03, 2011 08:44PM
B-Hole, don't question it. You probably thought the McGriddle was crazy too!

November 03, 2011 10:30PM
You are correct sir. The advanced players (since there are so few anyhow) get the honor of playing in both Fox Hunts as well as the honor of winning portable baskets at both. Come get ya some Advanced players.

WE're gonna do it up right for you guys at this one. So even if you have only been thinking of moving up, you should come to this one and give the Advanced division a try. You may find out this is the division you belong in or have more fun playing with players who are a little more serious about the games competitive side. Either way there should be a good field to compare yourself against, so come check it out.

Also, Advanced Masters, if we can get 9 of you in a division I will give 1st place a Skillshot portable. Got it here wanting to be given away, but I need at least 9 of you to be able to let it go. Otherwise Advanced 2nd place may get it, we'll see.

B-hole, you gonna make your return to Paul B or what? Been years hasn't it?
November 07, 2011 10:28AM
Yea it's been a minute,dust off the portable,if i can get a kitchen pass i'm there.

BMB
November 07, 2011 01:27PM
Hi Tony,

Will you offer an Advanced Ladies division for this tournament?
November 07, 2011 04:43PM
Absolutely Bolt. Would love to have you here.... and any other ladies for that matter. Key sisters where you at?????
November 08, 2011 08:57AM
TEAM KEY CHAINS is trying to work our schedule out as we speak : ) woot woot!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
November 08, 2011 09:37AM
SWEET!!! Thanks Tony!!

Keys....Hope yall can make it! Would be great to have a nice ladies group there! Talk to DeeDee!
November 08, 2011 11:44AM
That's great news Team FWB!!

We need some ladies in the house!!
November 08, 2011 12:14PM
Surely you aren't going to let B Hole sign up in an AM division. That is just ridiculous.
November 10, 2011 08:47AM
Yeah, I don't know. Telling someone they HAVE to play pro is a lot harder than telling someone they HAVE to play Advanced (which I have no problem doing). Until there is some sort of sytem put in place by the powers that be, I am afraid there isn't much I can do. I will leave it up to him to do what he feels is right.

Getting very close. Who else is coming to get some of this nice payout????
November 10, 2011 09:29AM
Committed Players:

Bernie Sawyer (reg.)
Mike Brown
Massive J
Bryan Holyfield
Wade Bouchard
Kevin Leach
Daron Lawless
Randy Reynolds
Craig Fugate
Jason Laughlin
Adam Morrow?
Rick Pierpoint

Who else???

SPONSORS:

Franklin Builders Inc. (FBI)
AMED - Professional Medical Insurance Brokers
Magnolia Construction Supply (MCS)
McMurray Pest Control
Wards 98 W
Carnival Video
Stacy Pace - Coldwell Banker
Hornsby's Auto Parts - Petal
Innova Champion Discs
Canebrake Country Club
TAS Garage Doors
Crosstown Traffic Tournament Series
November 10, 2011 10:47AM
trying to make this one

November 13, 2011 01:24PM
ill be there!
November 14, 2011 09:21AM
how bout it b hole? yard pass?

i will be there bar no catastrophes

November 14, 2011 09:44AM
Good Job Tony!!!!! Unfortunately I will not be able to make it over due to working on the La Cote DGC in Ragley. Got to get the work done while I got some help over their and the weather is cool.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
November 14, 2011 10:06AM
Hey. Ben from NOLA. Hope there is still room in ADV. I plan to come up in the morning and sign in then. Looking forward to it.
November 14, 2011 10:51AM
Peanut butter (Pat Barnes) will be coming.

thanks,

Patrick
November 14, 2011 07:46PM

Here are the tophies and plaques that 7 lucky winners will receive. All 4 pro divisions will get acrylic trophies while the 3 Advanced divisions will get an ultra nice plaque.

These were all sponsored by the Hattiesburg Disc Golf Association, thanks to our little fund raiser at Paul B yesterday where 18 generous souls came out to support a great cause. Thanks again guys!!!

Bring on the competition! Awesome trophies, plus $500 added cash should hopefully yield a great pro field....
November 15, 2011 08:16AM
Sweet looking trophies, keep the good work up. Great place to play DISC GOLF.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
November 15, 2011 08:21AM
Tony,
I have made arrangements to play this Saturday, (Installing new flooring can wait till Sun.). I look forward to seeing some old friends back in the Burg.

Do you need someone to cook Burgers or Dogs for the day, I may be able to make some arrangements?
November 15, 2011 09:07AM
rest assureed that B hole will never get told to move up by TDs. He will however be told to move up in Mobile well most of the Mobile events. he will get tired of it soon enough I hope. I will try to make this one but if he shows I will play where he does not

leo
November 15, 2011 09:22AM
OMG, there is nothing in the rules that states that a TD can FORCE someone to move up ( at least not in the SN and I am not sure about PDGA ).

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
November 15, 2011 09:47AM
In my opinion, a TD can do whatever they please at THEIR tournament. They do ALL the work and therefore they call ALL the shots....

Not saying this is what I am going to do. Just stating my opinion on this matter.
November 15, 2011 10:39AM
Wrong, a TD can refuse to allow someone to play but by doing so said TD has taken one ( maybe more ) entry fees away from the overall payout of the tourney. why many more? Let's say that said individual rode over in a car with 3 friends all going to play ( could even be the driver ) and all these people are good friends who all play in same division. You turn away that one said individual and the other three decide they will save their money and just go play a local course close by. In this case four entry fees have been taken out of the overall payout for said tourney. there are other pitfalls to this scenario also that one must look at, i.e.: Backlash from an even larger group of players could happen resulting in near boycotts of future events run by the TD that turned a player away, support for that TD, etc. All of these things can cause a division or riff in the sanctioning body of said tourney. Now, If Brian Bakewell ( B-Hole ) moved up and lost and lost bad does he have the right to come back down to where everyone claims he is bagging???? HMMMMMM I can't answer that. Hell, let's say he moves up for 4 trnys and loses all 4 ( not even in the money ) then what? Is he competing where he belongs? Keith Bodin stated earlier that B-Hole does not win when he leaves Mobile. B-Hole lives in Chickasabouge and could probably play it better than most with his eyes closed. JK, but most get the point. I play in the Am Masters division where B-Hole plays and I have NO issues with him there as I enjoy his company.

Now I know there will be some backlash for what I have said here and I am definitely big enough and have strong enough shoulders to handle it all. I just hope everyone makes a point and just doesn't bash or try to start an argument. I believe I have shown intelligence and legitimate points in my synopsis here.

November 15, 2011 10:56AM
You absolutely have Keith. But just as there is nothing in the SN bylaws that say you can force a person to move up, there also isn't anything that says you can't either. Or is there?? 2 sides to the coin....

Again, I am NOT making anyone move up to Pro this weekend, so lets save this discussion for another time and another thread shall we, and concentrate on the fun that will be had at The Pro Fox Hunt. That's all that is important right now.

PB, Cam and Fox, glad to hear yall will be making it!

Dale, I'll go ahead and have your name etched onto the trophy for you. Or are there some other Grandmasters who have something to say about that???

K Rob, is Team DFL / Limo going to be in attendance?? Hope to see you guys here!!

TB

2005 SN P.O.Y.
PDGA #20060
990+ and dropping Rated Player
Southern by the Grace of GOD
November 15, 2011 10:59AM
Tony, unfortunately me and El Presidente both work this weekend. Would love to be able to come back up as I really enjoyed the course there. Really like the Island hole. I do hope our paths cross again soon though my friend.

November 15, 2011 11:20AM
Sorry to hear that! Will catch you down the road buddy....
November 15, 2011 10:20PM
the real B.T. will be there!!!

team birdiemonster.com-bill tyler
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013