Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2ND ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT - 25 feb 2012

Posted by Slim T 
2ND ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT - 25 feb 2012
November 07, 2011 08:40AM
Wanted to put out a quick post on the tournament. Just had our Relay For Life kick-off meeting last week, so this is fresh on my mind. This has been a rough year for me and my family with regards to the big C. We've lost two dear friends this year to cancer and have another good friend who is battling colon cancer right now. Additionally, and even closer to home, I lost a siser-in-law to cancer last week. Please keep my family and friends in your prayers.

I'm hoping for a bigger and better tournament next year (February 25th, 2012) than this years. We had 97 players this year and raised over 2000.00 dollars for Relay For Life. All those who participated and donated their time and money, thank you! I need your help for 2012 to make this a bigger/better event. I'm accepting sponsorships and donations now. The hole sponsorships are the same as last tournament, 25/50/100/250 dollars. A sponsor sign and other gifts will be provided to sponsors. These will be announced soon so please watch this thread.

Once again, thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing everybody @ the Blue Angel Christmas Classix and the Fling For Life tournaments.

Ty Beach

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 06:05PM by John K.
Re: 2ND ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT
November 07, 2011 09:40AM
Ty... you can count on KEY CHAINS BIKE & DISC for $100.00

I am sorry for your loss and what you and your family have gone through... AIR HUGS ...see you soon!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
November 07, 2011 09:55AM
Thank you Teresa. Your support is appreciated more than I can ever express. See you in a few weeks @ Xmas Classix.

Ty
December 08, 2011 06:15PM
Wanted to let everyone know I have other fund raising events for Relay For Life. We are having a Cornhole tournament this Sunday (sign-up 1200, start 100) at HelenBacks Sports Restaurant in Navarre, Fl (they serve awesome pizza). Two person teams, $20 a team. Paying top 3 spots. 1st is cash, 2nd and 3rd are HelenBack gift certificates. They are on Hwy 98 at the base of the Navarre bridge across the street from Winn Dixie.

Also, on March 24 we are having a poker run. This will be an all wheel event, not just for motorcycles. I will put out more information as it is finalized for those who are interested.

Had a great time Saturday at the Christmas Classix. Was good to see some of my Alabama bubbas. Look forward to seeing everybody soon.

Ty Beach
January 08, 2012 09:09AM
I'm bringing this back to the top. We are about 7 weeks out and I'm in serious need of sponsors. I know things are tight, but this is a great cause and I could use the support from the SN family. Last year was a great tournament, with 97 players and we raised over 2400 dollars for the American Cancer Society. Mike Brown is doing the t-shirts and I'm excited to see what he comes up with. I'll have further tournament information up in the next few days. I thank you in advance for your support.

Ty
January 09, 2012 01:27PM
Here is the tournament information. I will provide more info if necessary. Mike Brown is working on the shirt design right now. When completed I will post here. Thank you to everyone for your support.

Tournament Director: Ty Beach (beachmotley@yahoo.com) (850-621-0044) Assistant TD Jim Orum (skysouth96 [at] yahoo.com) (251) 478-0379
Date(s): 2/25/2012 Location: Blue Angel Park - Pensacola, FL
2012 Fling For Life
January 17, 2012 10:01AM
I want to thank the sponsors that have stepped up already. They are the ones that help make this a great event.

American Legion Post #382
Key Chains Bike and Disc
The Parker Company
Mango Disc Golf Club
Helen Back Pizza and Sports Bars

Need more sponsors to help make this tournament better than last year. Thank you for your support.

Ty Beach
January 17, 2012 10:52AM
Tournament info didn't come on other post. Let's try again.

2012 Fling For Life
January 17, 2012 10:54AM
Tournament Director: Ty Beach (beachmotley@yahoo.com) (850-621-0044) Assistant TD Jim Orum (skysouth96 [at] yahoo.com) (251) 478-0379
2012 Fling For Life
January 17, 2012 11:11AM
Well after 3 tries I think I got it. One of those days.

2012 Fling For Life - Benefiting American Cancer Societies Relay For Life Hosted by Blue Angel Recreation, SkySouth.com and Mick's Navaree Relay For Life Committee

Tournament Information:
Where: Blue Angel Recreation Park in Pensacola, Fl
When: February 25, 2012
What: Two rounds of 18 (All three courses will be used)
Players meeting: 9:00 am
1st round tee off: 9:30 am
Lunch Break: Lunch will be available at the course
2nd round will commence one hour after last card is turned in
Awards: shortly after the end of 2nd round

THIS IS A SOUTHERN NATIONAL QUALIFIER

Entry Fees:
AM/NOVICE/JUNIOR DIVISIONS: $25.00
ADVANCE/PRO DIVISIONS: $35.00

Payout
Payout will be top 1/3 in each division except Juniors & Novice. Monies/awards will be paid out with 75% to players and 25% to charity. There will also be other prizes and drawings, i.e. ace pot, CTP, Ring of Fire and others.

Sponsorships are available
We are taking sponsorships all the way until the day of the tournament. In order to be on t-shirt and receive a hole sign, we need confirmation by February 17th. Sponsorships are available for $25, $50, $100, or $250 or more. All sponsors will receive nice large tee sign and there name or logo on the back of t-shirts if sponsorship made by aforementioned deadline. Tournament t-shirts will be provided to sponsors. Number of t-shirts determined by level of sponsorship.
January 17, 2012 11:31AM
Tournament t-shirts will be available to the first 100 players. Also want to thank Skysouth for their sponsorship. Thanks Jim.

Ty
January 17, 2012 11:41AM
ty have you talked to the new mang. out there; if not you need to; his name is jay yanovich just call the park to get his number or call brian park number is 453-4530
January 17, 2012 12:12PM
Mike,

Long time no hear. Thanks for the info. I sent Brian a pm earlier today as a matter of fact. I'm going to follow-up with a phone call here in a little while. See you soon I hope.

Ty
January 17, 2012 06:23PM
ty you will see me; there is a meeting tomorrow as they do there sop's for tourneys in the disc golf world to mirror that of a.c. reed ball golf tourneys which could or will be a good thing make sure you stay in contact with me or brian my new number is 850- 503- 6887. call me anytime.
January 17, 2012 06:43PM
Thanks Mike. I talked to Brian today. He will call me with the new SOP for the tournaments. I understand they are giving Jim problems about being there and selling discs. I'll get the whole scoop when Brian gets the SOP. Thanks for the heads up.

Ty
January 17, 2012 07:14PM
no ty jim has not been brought up at all; call me before you enter that arena; what jim does is use sky bucks for novice up to before the pro level and thats o.k. so please call me before going any further; i think that would be the best thing to do; but i can tell you that you and your tourney will pay for use of courses as we have talked about and im sure you have no problem with that.
January 17, 2012 07:38PM
I sense hostility.

BMB
January 18, 2012 05:58AM
Nope. Just a misunderstanding. No big deal.
January 23, 2012 11:43AM
Thank you Ty for allowing this exemption for TPC...

Qualify for the NPC at the Fling For Life Tournament

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
January 23, 2012 11:53AM
I am excited to be given the opportunity to offer this sponsorship. As soon as the details are worked out I will post here how you can win this sponsorship. It will have to be earned through your play, just need to iron out a few details. This is a great addition to the tournament and a big thank you to Steve and Doug for giving us this opportunity.

Ty
January 23, 2012 04:25PM
Ty Bud Hill will donate all money Feb. 25 & 26 and send it too you Good luck
Danny
January 24, 2012 07:08AM
Danny & Barbara,

Once again thank you so much for your support. It is hard for me to express into words what this means to me and the rest of the people involved in this event. Thank you. I would love for you guys to make it down here one year for the tournament. God Bless and thank you again.

Ty
January 25, 2012 07:32AM
I've just reveiwed the first draft of the t-shirt design. Looks good! Some minor tweaking needed. Once finalized I will post here. Mike Brown thanks for all you are doing.

Ty
January 25, 2012 10:17AM
woo hoo.... Looking forward to this TY : )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
January 25, 2012 04:10PM
Ty... thanks for stopping by today, it was great seeing you! Let me know if you need help with anything else!!

Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
January 26, 2012 04:50PM
As stated before you will have one last chance to gain entry into the NPC at the Second Annual Fling For Life, a Southern National Tournament Event in Pensacola, Florida @ Blue Angel Disc Golf Park on Saturday February 25, 2012. The Florida rep for the NPC tournament, Bryan Moore will be offering up his exemption to the NPC to be held in Russellville, Arkansas on May 26 - 27th. And it is a PDGA B-Tier event.

Spot goes to the person with the lowest two-round score, who is not previously entered (qualified) into the NPC. In case of a tie we will continue to play until one player wins - in case of darkness we will have a CTP to decide who wins the entry. All players will have to have played from the same tee pads as the Open Men - the longs. You must be a Florida resident as mentioned before. Come on out and get some!
January 29, 2012 08:00AM
In case you haven't seen the other post, I had to raise the tournament fees by $2 per player to cover the increase in course fees at BAP. Sorry for the inconvenience and still hope to see everybody there. Going to be a great tournament. There are going to be some great items given away and a few surprises. Might want to practice your rollers, just sayin!

Ty
February 02, 2012 05:59PM
Great meeting today @ BAP with Jim O, Mike S, and the new manager Jay. Very productive and I am glad to say that BAP is in good hands. Many positive changes in the works. Jay stated he's looking to make the park and the DG course better. Saying that he had a great forerunner in Mike Sidebottom. I am looking forward to seeing all who can make it to BAP on the 25th.

Ty
February 02, 2012 06:05PM
not only a good meeting but jim o and i had our annual old mans game today and i whoopid his arse by 3 strokes -9 to -6; better luck next time big boy but not in my house; last time he beat me was in memphis by one stroke; griff i hope ya don't mind but aaaaahhhhhhyyyyyiiiiiii!!!!!
February 03, 2012 06:17AM
Are PGM playing the long tees this event - so we can play for the NPC??

Go out and play around with Disc Golf Today!!

Steve Hollis
Destin/FWB FL

MANGO DISC GOLF @ mangodiscgolf.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013