Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2ND ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT - 25 feb 2012

Posted by Slim T 
Re: 2ND ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT
February 04, 2012 01:59PM
hey guys if anyone wants to rent a trailer for the tourney just call the welcome center at BAP and they will take care of it.850-453-9435
Also, one new rule put in place at BAP for tourneys is that outside beverages will not be allowed. This is how they conduct golf tournaments on base and is how we will have to conduct them here. Being that this is federal property everyone really needs to not break this rule or it could be bad for future tourneys. There will be more beer stands so dont worry about being able to get your drink on. see you guys soon. Any questions feel free to contact me at 850-453-4530

-B
February 04, 2012 02:55PM
Even if you rent a trailer or just during the tournament??

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
February 04, 2012 03:15PM
just the tournament grounds themselves.
February 04, 2012 03:18PM
ok thanks..........

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
February 06, 2012 08:21AM
In order to be fair to the GM players, I want to open up the decision to play from the long tees in order to qualify for the players cup. In order to qualfiy you must play from the pro tees. Those of you that are planning to attend I want your input. Please don't place a vote if you're not going to be there and not playing in the GM division. Keep in mind that only Florida residents are eligible for this spot. I want maximum participation for the tournament, but also give those that want to play in the players cup an opportunity to qualify. Keep in mind you are competing against the open, pro master and advance divisions for this entry. I could make the decision and say the GMs are going to play from the long tees, but my main goal here is participation, because this a charity tournament and one that is very close to my heart. So, I want your input. Also, there has been a suggestion, if we have enough players to have a senior grand master division and only play one round. If we have enough players for this division they will play from the shorter tees. I haven't made a decision on the one round yet. I would be interested in the opinions of the SGM players as well. My personal thoughts are to have the GMs play from the am tees. If I could play I would be interesed in qualifying and it really wouldn't matter which pro division I played in, because the goal is to have the lowest round of those players who are eligible. Let me know what you think!

Also, I need more sponsors. I thank those that have stepped up already, but I need more help. I thank you in advance.

Ty Beach
February 06, 2012 06:17PM
ty i think that the g.m. division should play the long tee's i am pretty sure the seniors wiould all be happy to play one round; but g.m.'s should have the oppurtunity to win that prize though they really don't have a snow balls chance in hati.
February 07, 2012 08:58PM
Here's the logo Ty. Everyone make sure to mark this event down and attend. Ty is putting in a lot of hard work for such a great cause. See everyone on the 25th.

Mike-b

February 07, 2012 09:36PM
awesome!!!!!!!!!!
February 09, 2012 09:48AM
Nice............!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
February 10, 2012 04:20PM
Awesome looking logo Mike B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
February 10, 2012 07:03PM
Hope everybody likes the logo that Mike Brown put together. Mike thanks again! First 100 entries will receive t-shirt.

Tournament update: The Senior Grandmaster Division will play one round from the am tees on the Pine Course.

Open Pro, Open Pro Master, Pro Grandmaster, Open Women, and Advance Men will play from the pro tees on the Oaks and Pine Courses. This will allow Florida residents in the pro division to compete for the Player Challenge Cup Championship entry. The lowest total from a Florida resident will win the entry. You must designate whether you can go. If not we will go down the standings until we have someone who can/wants to go.

I will announce how the Mango Tournament entry will be awarded/won at the tournament.

Courses are in great shape. The BAP crew, as usual, is doing a great job getting them cleaned up and ready to go. Look forward to a big turnout.

Can still use some sponsors, Please contact Jim Orum or I. See ya on the 25th.
February 13, 2012 08:02AM
Last call for more sponsors for a great tournament. A great tournament becaue it is for a great cause. I have to give Mike B. the final list of sponsors on Friday in order to have the t-shirts ready for the tourney. If you can, please help out.

Thanks, Ty
February 14, 2012 08:30AM
Just got a new sponsor, Colling Painting and Construction, John Collins owner. Thanks John for helping out.

Getting clost to the deadline for sponsors to get on the t-shirts (Friday). Still could use some more sponsors. Thank you to those that have stepped to support this tournament.

Ty
February 14, 2012 09:36AM
New update for the tournament. As you know by reading the posts, Steve Hollis donated an entry into the Mango Classic. Collective minds have come together (scary thought) and there will be a four hole playoff between the winners of each division excluding the Novice and Junior divisions. Each division winner will play from the tees they played during the tournament, i.e. the ams (men and women) and the senior grandmasters will play from the am tees and the rest will play from the pro tees. I will announce what holes will be used at the tournament.

Ty
February 14, 2012 09:53AM
It looks like this event is shaping up to be a good one. There certainly has been some buzz about the National Players Challenge Championship and for all of you Florida residents trying to earn your spot, good luck to you. I look forward in seeing you here in Russellville, AR May 26-27, 2012.

Also, once you earn your spot, I will send you information on what to do next. Example: Registration for the event will end April 1, 2012 to ensure all products for players packs are purchased in enough time.
If you have to withdraw before May 1, 2012 you will receive a full refund.
If you have to withdraw after May 1st and before May 21 you will receive your players pack in the mail!

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at npctour@live.com or 501.837.8878

Check out more info at www.npctour.com
February 15, 2012 07:11PM
Trailers are still available. Call 453-9435 to make reservations. The extended forecast is looking great right now, high in the low 70's and sunshine. Looks to be a great day for golf.

Ty
February 16, 2012 05:23PM
Discs for the champion will be delivered Friday they look great come out and get you one.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
February 17, 2012 04:50AM
I know I will be there for sure and will be getting the rest of MCDGA to attend. I would also be interested in Sponsoring a hole by MCDGA with our Tournament "Marsh Madness" Flyer on the sign. If you need anything just let me know but I def would like to Sponsor. Looking forward to another great tournament and see you soon. Call if you need anything.

Shane Hughes (228) 447-5902 or MCDGA@yahoo.com

President of MCDGA
10 Strong and growing!
February 17, 2012 07:16AM
Thanks Shane. Email me a copy of your flyer, or do you want me to pull it off of the thread? Let me know how much on the hole sponsorship. Once again thank you very much. beachmotley@yahoo.com

Ty
February 17, 2012 10:19AM
You’re very welcome Ty,

And thank you for the opportunity to help support the cause! We lost someone dear to us in 2011 to cancer.
We are very proud to be a sponsor and super excited to play in this year’s event!
Thanks again and good luck everybody!

John Collins
Aimee Whims
February 17, 2012 10:39AM
you can pull it off the thread. would u rather me pay pal you the money or meet u that Friday at the palm. we will be playing all Friday. just let me know Ty and can't wait man
February 17, 2012 02:39PM
Thanks Shane. Mike Brown already pulled it for the t-shirts. It will be the disc stamp for the shirts and the sign will be the flyer. Which amount of sponsorship are ya'll doing? I appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you Friday. I will be at the park aound noon. I'm staying at the park for the weekend.

Ty
February 17, 2012 04:04PM

Here are the plaques for the tournament, come and get ya one!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
February 17, 2012 04:59PM
$50 dollars for Sponsorship I will send it to pay pal tonight with my registration
February 17, 2012 05:33PM
Shane,

Just bring it on Saturday. Thanks again.

Ty
February 17, 2012 06:43PM
That will work. See you out there on Friday Ty!

Shane Hughes (228) 447-5902 or MCDGA@yahoo.com

President of MCDGA
10 Strong and growing!
Re: 2ND ANNUAL FLING FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT - 25 feb 2012
February 19, 2012 03:12PM
Although time has run out for sponsors to get on the t-shirts their is still time to sponsor a hole. You will still receive an 18x24 hole sign and t-shirts depending on the level of sponsorship.

I have received some gift sponsorships that will be available at the tournament, i.e. ctp and ring of fires. Come on out and get some!

I want to thank all of the sponsors that have signed up to this point. This tournament would not possible without your support.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. I'll be there on Friday and will be taking registrations from 4-5 if you're at the course. Don't forget you can play free all day on Friday.

Ty
February 19, 2012 06:40PM
Ty will be collecting at Bud Hill all week i will let you know by Sat afternoon how much so far.
good luck Danny
February 19, 2012 07:21PM
Danny and Barbara you guys are awesome. Thank you so much. Send me a pm with your address again. I have some things for you.

Thanks again.

Ty
February 19, 2012 07:29PM
Here is a list of the sponsors/donators:

AMERICAN LEGION POST 382
THE PARKER COMPANY
KEY CHAINS BIKE AND DISC
SKYSOUTH DISC GOLF
MANGO DISC GOLF CLUB
COLLINS PAINT CONTRACTORS
THOMAS BERNARDO
MISSISSIPPI COAST DISC GOLF ADDICTS
SAINT SYLVESTERS KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
THE BUD HILL GANG (DANNY AND BARBARA)
THE MICKS RELAY FOR LIFE TEAM

Thank you to you all.

Ty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013