Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

more TN tournaments

Posted by Scott Kincaid 
more TN tournaments
March 02, 2002 12:07AM
In an effort to expand the SN, I have taken on the task to create some more SNQ's in the middle TN area. With the help of some other key players of course, and it would be safe to say Mike Thompson deserves most of the credit. He helped me with our first new tournament last December. It was held on an ugly weather day but bearable and I think the turnout was as good as to be expected. The results are to be posted soon so I am told. For those who can't wait Ed Burde won Open with yours truley coming in second. Anyway, the next tournament on my attempt to make at least four a year is coming to the ever historic Cedars of Lebanon State Park.( About 30 miles east of Nashville) The local club there IMPROBABILITY DRIVE holds one non-sanctioned event in the fall called the Cedars Safari which features a special safari skins match on a course that is extremely tight in its normal short positions. It usually makes for a very exciting gallery event. Well, March 23rd and 24th their newest pro Shane Agee is going to have the 1st Cedar Spring Safari, a SNQ and with any luck Improbability Drive will make the fall event a SNQ. The fall event usually brings a very healthy crowd. If anybody is interested in coming to this and needs any information about lodging or directions I can be reached at (615)-754-4857. Cedars of Lebanon State Park has an excellent camping facility. Stay tuned for a new summer date at our championship course Cedar Hill. If anybody is wondering why I am trying to bring so many new tournaments more north, I guess you could say the points awards need to be won by somebody who doesn't live in Mobile or work for Jim or Joe.
Re:
March 02, 2002 02:06PM
Make sure that Jim gets any of your new tournaments that are Southern National Tournaments on to the website. Thats what me and a lot of others go by to schedule where they will be playing for the weekend.

Brad
Re:
March 02, 2002 07:47PM
I am glad you asked about that I have been trying to reach Jim at his E-mail address for about a month and I am not able to reach him. I keep getting a return mailer that his address has a fatal error. Hopefully I can reach him the old fashioned way by phone. I also hope that it is not my system that is messed up, although I would assume that all of my e-mail would have trouble when it is not. If somebody knows Brian Moon and how I can contact him, I think he is Jim's computer wizard.
Re:
March 04, 2002 06:00PM
Scott:

Try writing Mike B or Jim at their Skysouth site. Skysouth.com I believe is the site. You can reach them over there.

Brad
Re:
March 04, 2002 08:45PM
Thanks, I contacted Jim today on the old fashioned telephone and discovered his new E-mail address is Skysouth96@aol.com. The Cedar Spring Safari is now official, so pack your bag and come see Tennessee!
Re: more TN tournaments
March 05, 2002 12:21AM
I have fixed the sndg.org email addresses.
Re: more TN tournaments
March 05, 2002 07:22AM
That's great! I think this year is going to be a good year for the SN and this web site will be a crucial part in getting the news abroad. I believe I speak for alot of people when I say thank you Brian! Your efforts should be recognized because they sure are noticed. I am new at this computer, but as time goes on I hope I can help you if I can. Birmingham is only 3 hrs away I hope you can make the trip for our Cedar Spring?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013