Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2nd Annual New Orleans Disc Golf Classic @City Park December 17

Posted by Anonymous User 
Registration Update

Remember to sign up by Friday if you want a free lunch (or if you're from Lafayette just tell us you're coming and we'll make sure you get lunch).

NO Team is also not only going to have the scores posted by midnight Saturday, we'll have ratings for everyone as well. And, thanks to Mark the Shark, we'll have a nice NO Team shirt for all the ladies. Thanks again Shark.

Am Ladies (5)
Angela Irby
Teresa Key
Ronda Key
Melanie Knepp
Sydney Key

Pro Ladies (2)
Jenn Gainey
Liz Acosta-Pearson

Novice (3)
James Gonzales
Chad Green
JP Glisson

Intermediate Am (15)
Tony Defrates
Eduardo Villafuerte
Royden Peabody
Scott Schulz
Dustin Ridener
Scott Hazlett
Nick Adams
Nick Rappazini
Keith Osborne
Jason Kimbell
John Crouch
Larry Leblanc
Roy Farmer
Nate Batts
Andrew Crosby

Advanced Masters (10)
Leon Irby
Eddie Roser
Pat Fisher
Zack Paal
Mark Damare
Wade Olsen
Joe Burback
RW Remington
Mike Carbo
Mark Laborde

Advanced Am (7)
James Wood
Vic Harris
Ben Fox
Jason Volo
John Key
Phillip Murray
Brady Reaux

Grandmasters (10)
Dave Williamson
Steve Timm
Randy Boyette
Dixie Morris
Don Perkins
Steve Swiler
Rick Wallen
Rob Williams
Karl Helwick
Jet Towns

Masters (3)
Jon Fox
Mike Kernan
Keith Bodin

Open (3)
John Fowler
Matt Orum
Nick Robichaux
Re: 2nd Annual New Orleans Disc Golf Classic @City Park December 17
December 12, 2011 08:02AM
Ben Hoven,

I am not sure what your problem is, but it looks like from your tournament history that you've not played any NOTeam events in the past. This completely invalidates your "past experience" and "if you know me, you know what I'm about". In fact from the look of it, you've not been playing many events until 2011-2012 season anyway. Your argument makes it look like you just have some sort of vendetta against us NOTeamers.

Listen: This event was fantastic last year, SNAC was amazing, and we have had fantastic turnouts for almost every event. Usually, the events Mike runs, he has to turn people away. I suggest that instead of acting like a child and complaining about and event that you have NEVER played, and come down to New Orleans and play this event.

We have a GREAT group of locals who will politely ignore your internet transgressions and accept you anyway. Especially if you join NOTeam, and get yourself a bag tag. Only $20 and it's great competition throughout the season at our various league events. In fact, i believe that at last count we had 82 NOTeam members with tags out there. Hate to break it to you, but if we ran crappy events and didn't pay out, then that many people wouldn't be supporting the club.

Looks like you play intermediate, same for me. SO if you do decide to show up and put your money where your mouth is, I'll see if Mikey can put you on my card. Guarantee that at the end of the round, you'll change your mind.

Have a great week and hope you show up so we can change your mind!

Peace.

Dustin
December 12, 2011 08:21AM
Hey mikey cant wait for this weekend... Havent played city park yet,but im sure ill enjoy it! Save me a bag tag and a NOTeam disc ill be purchasing them!
Dex
December 12, 2011 10:40AM
Sorry to miss this one, I know it will be great

Good luck to all the players, for I know you will all pass a good time

Happy Holidays

Dex

I will be down for some bag tag rounds soon
December 12, 2011 11:02AM
Ben_Hoven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I WON'T WASTE MY TIME. I have better things to do
> besides paying for my entry to go to the pro
> purse, or in your purse. The pay out is not good
> enough to attract people from Mobile, but you
> probably will not agree. So, let's just agree to
> disagree.

I hate to detract from the over all point of this thread but I feel as though I have to rebut your assertions. Where's all the bitterness coming from Ben? As others have noted you haven't played a sanctioned event in New Orleans. I'll allow that Kernan is a reasonably polarizing character. Having said that, He is involved in every aspect of growing the sport here in New Orleans. I cannot abide by the insinuation that our tourneys somehow enrich NOTeam or Mike. Noteam is experiencing great change this year. We now have two full courses, We are now a non profit organization, and we have formed a duly elected BOD to guide us through this, our first, year as something more than a loose confederation. Your feed back is neither based on fact nor constructive. I agree with Dustin, come throw a few rounds with us here in NOLA and see how it goes. I'm fortunate that I don't need to augment my income with disc golf proceeds cause I'd be one hungry bastard. I do however, like meet and play with new folks on new and different courses though.
Regards
Royden
Vice President NOTeam
NO Team would like to thank our latest hole sponsor, Bushy Acres!

Sorry no big logo to post for Bushy Acres Disc Golf Course.
And NO Team would also like to thank another of our fine hole sponsors, The Joint BBQ!

Check out their web page at:

[www.alwayssmokin.com]

Thanks again to all our sponsors!
December 12, 2011 02:27PM
And now...a sneak peek into the heavily guarded chambers of the NOTeam BOD as they finish planning this weekend's tournament.

Hard at Work
December 12, 2011 02:30PM
Another "wish list" for B-Hole. He a no show.

Hmmm. Basket eh? Advanced may be the div for me!

December 12, 2011 03:20PM
99% sure im coming to this one, will paypal tonight

Lloyd Wilkins - Adv Men

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
December 12, 2011 03:30PM
Hey Mike,
Nick Simon is coming with us from Lafayette, in Am men.

Brady
roadracerx Wrote:
> Another "wish list" for B-Hole. He a no show.
>
> Hmmm. Basket eh? Advanced may be the div for me!

Bag it up mongrel

December 12, 2011 05:41PM
Nice job NO teamers keeping things construtive and positive!!
December 12, 2011 05:54PM
i have a family affair so i'm not in

BMB
December 12, 2011 06:28PM
Let me start out by saying I have nothing against NO Team as a group, and I must apologize. I am Randy Hoven If you want to check up on me. If you wish to speak civilly I am all ears, but if you want to start name calling I refuse to bring myself to that level.
I came to the PoG last year. Came in second place to Cam Colglazer. For second place I got $60 + plaque($75 total) in prizes with 72 ams. Last weekend I went to GCBC and tied for third. They had 27 ams and nowhere near the sponsors the PoG had. I won $51. Then after the PoG payouts were posted I wondered if it added up. The ams came up well short. When I asked about it on that page I was told "It's the tournament directors discretion". This was extremely aggravating, but I let it go.
Then I reluctantly went to the SNAC (didn't place). Had a horrible first round (my fault not anything else). I have been to two past SNAC tournaments. They had great player parties, and I was looking forward to a great party. Being in New Orleans I thought this would be the best players party ever. Instead I was told about something called Bayou Games while the final 9 holes were being played. I saw the trailer, but did not see anyone play during the final 9.
I am sure I will be shown the error of my ways, but that's my past experience.

"For those of you who know me, you know what I am about" was directed @ the NO Team members that know me.
December 12, 2011 06:31PM
I did not wish to air my grievances on this page but then I thought to myself. What would Bluff Magee do?
December 12, 2011 07:04PM
Ben_Hoven Wrote:
> I did not wish to air my grievances on this page
> but then I thought to myself. What would Bluff
> Magee do?

This should be great???
December 12, 2011 07:07PM
You are playing int, you are in a division to learn the game, NOT to make a profit on winnings. The biggest problem with disc golf is the big payouts Ams get. As for as the SNAC, read the discussion that the td gave for not throwing a player's party. I don't know about others, but in all the snacs I've attended, I'd wish the money for the player's party had gone to something else.

Terry Zeringue
December 12, 2011 07:34PM
Randy...I think we have played together in the past. Allow me to be the fourth NOTeam member to sincerely invite you out to the tournament this Saturday. It will be a great time, but payout seems to be a concern. That's OK. But, before you decide I would like to, as a fellow Am player, break down the fee along with some of the event perks and their perceived/potential value.

Your entry fee: $25
New disc you will receive for signing up: Let's be conservative and say it's worth $12.
The lunch you will eat for free if you pre-register: Let's be conservative and call it a $7 meal.
Let's say you have 2 beers from NOLA Brew: That about $6 worth of beer ($3 per beer)

I already have $25 paid back to you, before you: a) hit the Bloody Mary bar pre-round! b) potentially win some plastic in the Am division! c) potentially walk away with a sweet plaque that you will keep for a very long time!

Sometimes a little cost analysis can help shed some light.

Hope to see you Saturday.
Dear Mr. Hoven,

Thank you ever so much for providing NO Team with your feedback from your past experiences with our events. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to explain to you some of the philosophy of NO Team and what makes us different from other disc golf entities.

While you may disagree, we at NO Team look at tournaments from a big picture point of view. Perhaps you are unaware that the Pot Of Gold raised over $2,300.00 for a charity this year? Would it make you feel better Mr. Hoven if we took back some of the money from the charity to add to your collection of plastic trinkets? Do you really feel that despite getting a quality black tee shirt and a fine lunch with your $25 entry fee that you were somehow ripped off by the charity? Did we lie to you about the Pot Of Gold being a charity event whose donations were to a group that works to prevent teenage suicide? If so, please, allow NO Team to refund your $25 entry fee, but please, keep the shirt and trinkets just for trying the Pot Of Gold. We are terribly sorry that providing a venue for competition with 184 other players with free food and a shirt just wasn't enough for your $25 entry, and that donating $2,300.00 to charity is "aggravating" to you.

NO Team is also terribly sorry that the SNAC did not have a players' party. However, the tournament director was again up front about this fact and players were aware of this well ahead of time. Allow me to quote the TD just in case you do not recall: "I have really thought long and hard about this and knowing this is not going to please everyone, it is what it is. Historical data indicates that the larger percentage of players do not show up to the Saturday night players party, and if there is a players party it is either a room rented out in a hotel with food and drink and maybe some vendors; or someone paid a few hundred dollars to a local bar for free food and drinks until the money runs out. I was hoping to do something a little different since I have a feeling many people coming to New Orleans would rather be in the French Quarter hanging out on Bourbon Street or Royal Street than sipping beer and eating food in a hotel in Metaire or in some local bar that we could afford. I do believe most players will be wanting to experience New Orleans the way the city wants you too. And that would be going to the French Quarter."

We have nothing to hide Mr. Hoven. At the 5th Annual New Orleans Doubles Championships held in July, we announced well ahead of time our intention to use the proceeds from the event to help pay the $2,000.00 annual fee that City Park charges us just to keep the grass cut and the course open. But we still offered all ams a $15 disc just for signing up, and another free lunch, for just $25 a person, and we still managed to give away some trinkets and plaques for every division. Again, we are sorry that our tournament benefited all players by keeping the course open at City Park rather than heaping an orgasmic plethora of plastic trinkets for the second place team, but again, we warned all 126 players that showed up before hand that was how it was going to be. Somehow we still managed, just like this upcoming event, to pay 100% back to the pro divisions minus the $2 SN tax. Perhaps if you are obsessed with what you can take away from tournaments other than fun and fair competition, you could quit bagging and move up like Cameron had the balls to do.

So what would Bluff Magee do? He'd tell you Mr. Hoven, to man up and move up and learn how to read before you enter anymore tournaments in New Orleans. If you think that charities are something for other people to waste money donating to, or that we shouldn't raise money to keep our course open, or that disc golf is all about how self-centered and greedy you can be, maybe you ought to find another sport while you're up there pretending to be on a higher level than us. We'll try and do better Mr. Hoven and would welcome if you could show us how to run a tournament that pleases even you?

Sincerely,
Mike Kernan
Tournament Director
December 12, 2011 08:30PM
I want to say something, but decided to just STFU.....See everyone Saturday at the Bloody Mary bar getting my BM and BBQ sauce!!!!

CAUSE THAT'S HOW NOTeam ROLLS!!!!!!

And now for tonight's update. There's been a terrible misunderstanding in the Grandmasters division and the whips are a crackin'. We knew when we signed up for the week before Christmas we wouldn't be breaking records for attendance though. Still gonna be a good time!

Did i mention that first place in Advanced will win an InNOva Sport portable retail value $189? And the winner of Intermediate wins an InNOva Traveler retail value $119? And the ladies all get a nice NO Team shirt?

Am Ladies (5)
Angela Irby
Teresa Key
Ronda Key
Melanie Knepp
Sydney Key

Pro Ladies (2)
Jenn Gainey
Liz Acosta-Pearson

Novice (3)
James Gonzales
Chad Green
JP Glisson

Intermediate Am (14)
Tony Defrates
Eduardo Villafuerte
Royden Peabody
Scott Schulz
Dustin Ridener
Scott Hazlett
Nick Adams
Nick Rappazini
Keith Osborne
Jason Kimbell
Nick Simon
John Crouch
Nate Batts
Andrew Crosby

Advanced Masters (10)
Leon Irby
Eddie Roser
Pat Fisher
Zack Paal
Mark Damare
Wade Olsen
Joe Burback
RW Remington
Mike Carbo
Mark Laborde

Advanced Am (7)
James Wood
Vic Harris
Ben Fox
Jason Volo
John Key
Phillip Murray
Brady Reaux

Grandmasters (6)
Dave Williamson
Steve Timm
Randy Boyette
Dixie Morris
Rick Wallen
Jet Towns

Masters (3)
Keith Bodin
Jon Fox
Mike Kernan

Open (4)
John Fowler
Matt Orum
Nick Robichaux
Logan Weiss

December 12, 2011 08:55PM
Who dat! Btw mikey u run hella tournys! Screw whoever disagrees.
December 12, 2011 09:05PM
JasonATL Wrote:
> a) hit the Bloody Mary bar pre-round!

WOO HOO....my favorite !!! See you all on Saturday!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
December 12, 2011 09:11PM
Mr. Kernan,

As I stated before, I posted this on the PoG page, and was not given an answer. Only smart remarks. I was unaware this was a charity tourney. If I was informed of this I would feel like a donkey. I have no problem with charity. The GCBC is a charity tourney, and with eighty something people they raised over a thousand dollars for the camp. The only thing I was told about the PoG was how great the payouts were, and how great the courses were. I guess I should be happy that half my expectations were met. If you would check my past post you would know that one of my first posts was asking about the PoG.

I really hate that you think you can talk me into coming over there by insults and degradation. Maybe you respond to it but I do not.
December 12, 2011 09:23PM
Hey hoven, my name is nick robichaux, im from lafayette louisiana and i have been playing disc golf a LONG time and u can ask any disc golfer in tbe southern nationals that been around knows me, u sir are a very selfious person and should be dealt with accordingly,im going to give u a tip, play this sport for the love of it and for the friends, not for ur little greedy fingers.
December 12, 2011 09:32PM
Nick,
It's Christmas time.....Play nice my cajun friend. Mr. Hover knows nothing about our culture so he speaks out his donkey.... See you Saturday at the Bloody Mary bar!

December 12, 2011 09:36PM
Yes sir! I sure will.
Excuse me Hoven? You come on this thread shouting "I WON'T WASTE MY TIME" and I'm the hater trying to get you here?

You really are full of yourself. Do your homework---NO Team prefers quality players over quantity. I'm not asking you to return, in fact, please keep the hate and greed to yourself and stay home. We continuously strive to weed out players with your ungrateful, selfish attitude and people know when they play in NO that we don't tolerate cheating, whining, and unsportsmanlike behavior. We don't want everyone's tournament screwed up by players with the attitude of "I WON'T WASTE MY TIME".

NO Team is about fun, freedom and fair play. We tell you up front what to expect and then we deliver. We post results quickly and we thank our volunteers and sponsors as best we know how. NO Team always has the most fun and that's what we're about. So if you're gonna get all bent out of shape about a pile of plastic, go play with yourself.
December 12, 2011 09:57PM
And what do you call what you do? I have paid in a lot more than I have got back, and never complained. I already offered an apology, but you keep up the name calling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013