Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

13th Annual Mid-Winter Open - 14 January 2012

Posted by SideArmSlinga 
13th Annual Mid-Winter Open - 14 January 2012
December 14, 2011 07:29AM
Adga's Mid-winter open will be held at PA Davis January 14th. This is going to be a great event that you definitely want to attend. Who all plans on coming to this tournament???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 05:01PM by John K.
Re: 13th Annual Mid-Winter Open
December 14, 2011 06:55PM
Right now I'm planning on it and I believe we can get three Sr. G.M.'s there. Is the tourney just at Pa Davis or is that where the registration will be?
December 14, 2011 08:58PM
Both rounds will be held at PA Davis Joe!!
December 15, 2011 01:31AM
Gentlemen, my apologies for being late with the information for this tournament.

The Acadiana Disc Golf Association proudly presents

The 13th Annual Mid-Winter Open

Schedule and Format

Saturday, January 14th at Pa Davis Park. Registration opens at 8:00 AM. A brief players meeting will follow the conclusion of registration and the first round will tee off at 10:00 AM.

Depending on attendance, we may do some temporary holes to spread the field out and keep play flowing. This decision will be made the morning of the event.

All divisions will play the established tee locations, except for novices and juniors. They will play a mixture of the established tees and shorter "blue" tees on certain holes. Blue tees will be clearly marked as always.

Hope for cold weather, because we're serving everybody FREE CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO for lunch between rounds at the park. Nothing better than gumbo when its cold outside.

Tee time for the second round will be announced and posted at lunch, once all of the first round score cards have been turned in.

An awards ceremony will follow the second round once the final scores have been tallied. All CTP prizes, awards, merchandise and cash won by players will be presented at the awards ceremony.

Entry Fees

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $35
Pro Women - $35
Pro Masters - $35
Pro Masters Women - $35
Pro Grandmasters - $35
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $35

Amateur Divisions

Advanced - $25
Advanced Masters - $25
Am Men - $25
Am Women - $25
Novice - $15
Junior - $15

Highlights and Extras

As usual, tons and tons of CTPs will be out on the course, including several 2012 ADGA bag tags.

Vegas style Ace Pot, $1 thru $5. Throw-off (if necessary) will be held while the scores are being tallied after the second round.

Novices and Juniors will receive a free Star or Champion disc of their choice.

My favorite "extra" - the Inaugural Glowbies Championship of the Universe will be held Friday night before the tournament on the Duzee course at Acadiana Park. We encourage our out of town guests to join us in the festivities. More information is coming soon.

Directions and Contact Information

Pa Davis Park

Take the Louisiana Avenue Exit (Exit 104) off I-10. Go south on Louisiana Ave. to the intersection of Simcoe St. Turn left on Simcoe and travel approximately 1 mile to the intersection of Hines St. Turn left on Hines and then left again onto Dawn St. which is the entrance road to Pa Davis park. Veer right into the parking lot past the big building and park by the basketball courts.

You will drive past hole 1's tee box on the right hand side as you enter the park.

Pa Davis Park's address is 120 Dawn Street, Lafayette, LA

Contact

Tournament director - Jacques Giraud. Contact me at the club's email - acadianadiscgolfassociation@gmail.com if you have any questions.

2012 ADGA Bag Tags

This will be one of the first opportunities to purchase a 2012 ADGA bag tag.

Last year, we offered a choice of a tag only for $10 or a tag and a t-shirt for $15.

This year, the tag only will still be $10 but instead of t-shirts we will be offering a tag and an ADGA dri-fit polo for $25. Tags will be for sale at the Mid-Winter Open and shirt orders will be taken.

A preview of the shirts is coming soon, the tags have already arrived. Here is a sneak peek...

December 15, 2011 01:32AM
John K - could you please update the front page with this information?
December 15, 2011 07:29AM
...Updated...

JOhn k
December 16, 2011 08:21PM
I like your style Jacques. I will not be able to attend this one do to my schedule, but I'm sure those that do will have a great time.
December 16, 2011 09:19PM
can't wait!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 09:20PM by Keith Bodin.
December 17, 2011 06:12AM
Looking forward to seeing everybody almost as much as I'm looking forward to a day off.
December 19, 2011 04:49AM
Also, I would love to have some of our friends from the great state of Alabama come join us for this one.

It will be our first opportunity to congratulate them and their beloved Crimson Tide for being this year's runners-up in the BCS.
December 19, 2011 01:20PM
Geaux TIGERS!
December 19, 2011 03:25PM
Jaques, I see that the novices and juniors have a players pack, is there anything for anyone else?
Anonymous User
December 19, 2011 06:48PM
misterbogey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right now I'm planning on it and I believe we can
> get three Sr. G.M.'s there. Is the tourney just
> at Pa Davis or is that where the registration will
> be?

I'm planning on playing, Joe.
December 19, 2011 08:08PM
Ready
December 19, 2011 11:09PM
An UrgeTo Dance Wrote:
> Jaques, I see that the novices and juniors have a
> players pack, is there anything for anyone else?

Hope for cold weather, because we're serving everybody FREE CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO for lunch between rounds at the park. Nothing better than gumbo when its cold outside.

FREE lunch to start off with.

I'm on a seven day a week work schedule for a little while longer and then I'll be able to focus much better on TDing this tournament, including things like players packs, CTP prizes, etc.. Stay tuned.
December 20, 2011 12:41AM
I plan on coming either way, just wondering for some people I know that it matters to.
December 20, 2011 01:12AM
You the man Jacques!
December 20, 2011 08:13AM
Special thanks to our first two SPONSORS

Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf

AND

False River Fencing

Thanks to David Clayton (aka bayouace) for securing these sponsorships. We'll have two $25 cash CTPs on the course as a result of this generosity.
December 20, 2011 06:13PM
I'm sure Marvin will be here and maybe Louis so we could have 4 or 5 Sr. G.M.'s. Now if we can just get that grass cut at PD, I'm on a "roll"!
December 21, 2011 11:34AM
I'm getting excited about this ADGA always does a good job, and Jaques is an awesome TD.

misterbogey Wrote:
> I'm sure Marvin will be here and maybe Louis so we
> could have 4 or 5 Sr. G.M.'s. Now if we can just
> get that grass cut at PD, I'm on a "roll"!

As long as it isn't as bad as Horse Farm I'm good lol.
December 21, 2011 06:14PM
An UrgeTo Dance Wrote:
> I'm getting excited about this ADGA always does a
> good job, and Jaques is an awesome TD.
>
> misterbogey Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm sure Marvin will be here and maybe Louis so
> we
> > could have 4 or 5 Sr. G.M.'s. Now if we can
> just
> > get that grass cut at PD, I'm on a "roll"!
>
> As long as it isn't as bad as Horse Farm I'm good

> lol.

You'll love it. A few of the holes have changed but this will give you a good idea of what the course is like:

[www.fotojoeusa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2011 06:16PM by misterbogey.
December 21, 2011 06:39PM
Yeah I have played it a lot, its one of my favorite courses.
Anonymous User
December 21, 2011 07:24PM
Sorry, Joe, got word the mower is busted and no money for Lafayette Parks to fix it until the new fiscal year. Looks like you'll be killing trees again.Several of them at Greenwood died at your hand. Well I did get the ones on #8, but I just didn't want you to feel bad.
December 21, 2011 07:29PM
wow Joe..that red disc goes in for an ace every time.

BMB
December 22, 2011 01:26PM
BUMP
December 22, 2011 02:38PM
Jacques,

Do we have any further info on the universe championships yet?? ( glowbies of course) super excited about this event. Gonna be fun. Would like to try an light up the course with glow sticks as much as possible, try to mimic the way Derek set theirs up at the howler. At least on all the baskets. When is the next Sunday you will be there??
December 22, 2011 06:32PM
bayouace Wrote:
> Sorry, Joe, got word the mower is busted and no
> money for Lafayette Parks to fix it until the new
> fiscal year. Looks like you'll be killing trees
> again.Several of them at Greenwood died at your
> hand. Well I did get the ones on #8, but I just
> didn't want you to feel bad.

I'll have to play a few rounds out there and get rid of those trees! And maybe drop off some goats to take care of the long grass.
December 22, 2011 07:19PM
@brady - Scott Comeaux is working on the glowbies event. Last time we spoke, he was shopping around for the oversized glow sticks for the baskets.

@joe - haven't been to pa Davis since crop started. All kidding (goat pun) aside, I will get in touch with Eddie and request a mowing before the tournament.
December 22, 2011 08:33PM
Ok cool deal I'll talk to him tomoro! I'll let him know I'm interested in helping him setup for this.
December 22, 2011 11:45PM
same here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013