Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

13th Annual Mid-Winter Open - 14 January 2012

Posted by SideArmSlinga 
Re: 13th Annual Mid-Winter Open
January 07, 2012 09:19AM
Absolutely, Mike. We would be glad to have them.

I like the stamp too, but it should say 'Metry' on top. Or maybe 'Kennah'. LOL
Anonymous User
January 07, 2012 09:31AM
mobz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trinkets instead of cash.....wow. could We send u
> a couple 8 dollar discs for pog sponsor buddy????
> Either sponsor or don't but 3 8dollar discs is
> cheap way out bluff.
>
> Jmart

That's awesome JMart, way to encourage people to sponsor.

That's almost as classy as you MOBZ not paying your late SN fees since June. Maybe you could pay the SN in with all the trinkets you and Leo get for bagging all the time LOL

Sorry Lafayette, i didn't mean for the rude Alabama hater to follow me here. I'll throw in a 2012 NO Team disc for the inconvenience!
January 07, 2012 09:52AM
Big spender.....Woooooo
4 eight dollar discs
Wow
Anonymous User
January 07, 2012 09:54AM
Yeah I know since you have a stack of plastic from bagging that's 40 feet high that's not much but I think someone will still appreciate it.

So MOBZ how much are you sponsoring this tournament???
January 07, 2012 11:08AM
Sponsoring can be done in money or by donating products, have you even given anything other than negative comments MOBZ? Since Mike is donating disc that means less money has to go towards CTPs hence more money to pay out. Personally I would love getting some disc as a CTP or something of the likes.
January 07, 2012 11:15AM
Ladies and gentlemen, in addition to our disc golf tournament, we will have a merchandise raffle benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project. There is a separate thread with all the details. Please take a minute and check it out!
January 08, 2012 06:37PM
Don't forget, the Innaugural GLOWBIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP will be held on the Duzee course at Acadiana Park this Friday - the night before the Mid-Winter Open.

For the superstitious among us, it will be Friday the 13th. When better to play Disc Golf in the dark?

Also, this is the actual, official, licensced WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP glowbie event for 2012.

Who told us we could host this years World Championship?

Nobody told us we couldn't and that's good enough for us, so come join in the fun. We're going to have the baskets lit up, lighted CTPs on several holes, an ace pot plus possibly a field event or two.

They are calling for a high of 55 degrees Friday, cooling off to 32 for a morning low on Saturday and no rain - ideal glowbies weather.

For the uninitiated, you don't need the glow-in-the-dark discs to play glowbies. In fact, they only glow for a few holes so you are going to need to go by a sporting goods store and pick up a few supplies. There is an Academy on Louisiana Avenue near the interstate, less than 5 minutes from the park and they usually have this stuff in stock...

If you plan on playing regular night golf, invest a few dollars and pick up some of these :

They cost about $3.50 each and you can re-use them for a pretty long time. We'll have duct tape at the park to tape them to your discs.

If you want to save some money, these come in packs of two :

Each pack is around $2.00, but they are not re-usable. We'll have clear packaging tape for these.

Both of these items are sold in the bait & tackle aisle in the fishing department.

Remember, it's blind draw best shot doubles Friday night. $7 per person to get in - $5 to payout, $1 to the ace pot, $1 to ctps. Come on out to Acadiana Park and join the fun. Sign-up at 5:30, tee off at 6:00.
Anonymous User
January 08, 2012 07:59PM
Aw man I thought it was the glowbie championship of the universe not just the world LOL

I don't suppose in light of the Saints playoff game starting at 3:30 that you all might move the tournament to Sunday? Pretty please with sugar on top?
January 08, 2012 08:20PM

Saints playoff game starting at 3:30

They gave them a Saturday game again???

Edit : Yes they did give them the Saturday game - answered my own question.

Man, I don't know about rescheduling the week of the tournament. I hate to set everybody up to miss the Saints and I really thought they alternated Saturday and Sunday games during the playoffs so I wasn't worried about it.

I wouldn't count on moving the tournament this late. Let me see what we can do to get everybody out of there as early as possible.

We're feeding lunch at the park, so we can definitely shave some time off there between rounds. We can set up blue tees on more holes than usual to keep the novice & junior divisions moving along.

Maybe tee-off earlier than 10:00, but I hate to make that change this close because I know somebody will arrive late because they didn't get the news. If we decide to move tee-time ahead, I will announce it on here immediately - let me make a few phone calls and I will have an answer tomorrow morning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2012 08:42PM by jacques.
Anonymous User
January 08, 2012 08:30PM
Yep. For some reason the early game is in San Fran and the late game is in New England.

[www.nfl.com]
January 08, 2012 08:49PM
Hoping I can make it.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
January 09, 2012 10:50AM
I heard from Louis this morning and he will be there. So we will have at least 4 Sr. Grand Masters.

You can recognize the Lafayette Seniors by the braces on their arms!
January 09, 2012 12:41PM
Not going to move the tournament this close to the event.

Will tee off no later than 10:00. We'll close registration no later than 9:30, sooner if it looks like everybody has arrived before then.

Lunch is being served at the park, so we'll keep it brief between rounds.

We will set up as many blue tees as possible for novice & juniors.

I'll have everything ready to go after the second round including some extra help checking score cards.

We will have a radio at the park with Hokie & Jim on.

Best deal that I can make.
January 09, 2012 01:05PM
Sorry to hear this!!!! Good Luck Bro I won't be able to make it......

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
January 09, 2012 01:30PM
We need to get some loud speakers for that radio lol.
Re: 13th Annual Mid-Winter Open - 14 January 2012
January 10, 2012 12:13PM
BUMP!
Ian
January 10, 2012 09:34PM
I regret that I wont be making this...I really looked forward to it.

I wouldnt be able to concentrate on the round knowing I was fighting the clock for the Saints game.

My priorities definitely place the Saints over DG.

I might make the glowbie round though

Edit: 6 pm might be too early for me to make. We'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2012 09:35PM by Ian.
January 11, 2012 07:20AM
Ok
It is official! I am finally on the SN forum...God bless us all..
January 11, 2012 07:31AM
If you are coming in from out of town and interested in playing in the Globie Championship. You might want to stop at your local Academy and pick up some led's. I have been in contact with the local Academy manger's and it seems that the next shipment of lights wont be in for 1 week. Due to local players playing purchasing led's, there is a limited amount available...sorry for this
January 11, 2012 08:04AM
Sorry about the conflict with the Saints game.

Except for the Super Bowl, the NFL postseason schedule is unknowable until the week of the game and unfortunately we are on the wrong end of this one. I'm hoping for a decent turnout, but I completely understand players deciding to watch the Saints instead of playing a Disc Golf tournament.

That being said, if you can't make the tournament Saturday, come join the glowbie fun Friday night.
Anonymous User
January 11, 2012 09:57AM
Tough call - support the beloved Saints or support always fun Lafayette DG. I'm going with Lafayette DG. I'm confident we can catch the Saints in the NFC final next week and the Super Bowl following that.
January 11, 2012 04:57PM
*spoiler alert * Saints 31 / SanFran 17
January 11, 2012 06:28PM
Parkedpatna, is that you LOU????
January 11, 2012 06:31PM
ParkedPatna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are coming in from out of town and
> interested in playing in the Globie Championship.
> You might want to stop at your local Academy and
> pick up some led's. I have been in contact with
> the local Academy manger's and it seems that the
> next shipment of lights wont be in for 1 week.
> Due to local players playing purchasing led's,
> there is a limited amount available...sorry for
> this
> .

I think Lowe's and possibly Home Depot may carry some of these lights. I saw some on the checkout counters recently at Lowe's.
January 11, 2012 06:32PM
i believe it is! I was wondering the same thing when he first posted.
January 11, 2012 08:51PM
Thanks to our latest sponsor, Bell's Sporting Goods!

Bell's has been sponsor of Disc Golf in Lafayette for a long, long time. They have a really nice inventory of discs and bags. Take a ride down Johnston street, check them out and SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT DISC GOLF.

They sent us two Buzz, a Nuke and a Stalker in various types of plastic. They will be out on the course as CTPs.

Speaking of CTPs, I received a care package from NOTeam today. Thanks again guys and gals.

I will post a complete updated list of sponsors and prizes tomorrow. Once again we've got the complete course covered in cash and merchandise - at least one per hole.

Come join us for a fun day, and night of Disc Golf in Lafayette.
January 12, 2012 08:42AM
now you know Lou is never parked...lol
January 12, 2012 09:50AM
lol ok scotty lol!
January 12, 2012 09:52AM
on a serious note... any of the out of towners that wanna play before the tourny , give me a call at 337-849-7210 thanks.
Nick Robichaux
January 12, 2012 10:54AM
Are the CTPs set up like they were for the LA States were each hole is for a certain division?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013