Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

13th Annual Mid-Winter Open - 14 January 2012

Posted by SideArmSlinga 
Re: 13th Annual Mid-Winter Open - 14 January 2012
January 12, 2012 11:34AM
Some CTPs will be for specific divisions only, others will be 'All Divisions'. Either way, it will be clearly marked on the tee sign and the marker.
January 12, 2012 04:12PM
looks like a couple of us from jackson are going

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
January 12, 2012 10:00PM
Lloyd who ya bringing wit ya?? Ol Maddox coming??
January 13, 2012 07:28AM
Glad to see y'all coming down Lloyd. Look forward to a visit from our friends from Jackson.
January 13, 2012 08:16AM
Reminders

The WORLD GLOWBIES CHAMPIONSHIP is tonight on the Duzee course at Acadiana Park at 6:00 PM. Blind draw, best shot doubles format. $7 entry fee - $5 to payout, $1 to ace pot, $1 to ctps.

The Mid-Winter Open is tomorrow at Pa Davis Park. Sign up begins at 8:00 and the official tee time is still 10:00. If we have everybody there early, we will start early. We are serving free chicken & sausage gumbo with potato salad, french bread and soft drinks for lunch.

This will be your first opportunity to purchase a 2012 ADGA bag tag. We are offering just tags for $10 or tag and a dri-fit polo packages for $25. If you have a 2011 ADGA tag, bring it to be eligible to win a prize.

We will also be conducting a merchandise raffle to benefit the Wounded Warriors Project. Tickets are $1 each with no limit to how many tickets you can buy. Take a chance to win a nice item and help support a very noble and worthy cause!

I want to take one more opportunity to thank our SPONSORS

Tournament Sponsosrs

Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf - fine group of folks over there in the Lake Charles area.
False River Fencing - Dane Clayton and Chris Rodrigues, your one stop shop for all your fencing needs. Their website.
Johnathan Nyce - A really nyce guy.
NOTeam - Mike Kernan and the boys from NOLA and the 2012 Pot of Gold. NOTeam website
Holiday Inn - Sean Johnson and the fine folks at the Holiday Inn on Evangeline Thruway.
Primo Plastic - Our very own Bwana Bob. Check out his inventory this Saturday.
Bell's Sporting Goods - A major friend to Disc Golf in Lafayette for many years. Bell's Online

Merchandise Raffle Sponsosrs

KSDIDS, LLC - Richard Barnett's Petroleum Engineer & Consultant to the oil industry.
Reliable Power Systems - Electrical construction, Generac generator sales & service and much more. Their Info
Vinylville Lafayette - Lafayette based retailer of vinyl LP's and an authorized Bob Masse poster outler. Their website
Holiday Inn - Stay with them the next time you are in Lafayette to play Disc Golf.
Sterling Sugars - My employer, in business making sugar and molasses since 1807.
David Clayton - Spearheading the Disc Golf movement in Lake Charles and a really nice fellow.
John Fowler - The legendary John Fowler, one of the nicest people and best sportsman you'll ever meet.
International Petroleum Museuem - Visit the Mr. Charlie Rig Museum down the road in Morgan City. Rig Museum Website

Please remember to dress appropriately. Normally nudity is allowed and even encouraged at our tournaments, but it is going to be COLD tomorrow morning.

They are predicting lows in the upper 20s, so it will be below freezing at sign ups and at least part of the first round. Don't worry, we'll fill you full of gumbo to help keep you warm.
January 13, 2012 09:40AM
@SLinga Maddox dislocated his sholder again so he is out for a min. Looks like right now there are three of us. trying to get a car full. Any good hotels to stay at close by? Thinking about driving down tonight

Larry Uelmen - Adv. Masters
Lloyd Wilkins - Adv. Men
Chad Sherbert - Am. Men

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
January 13, 2012 10:18AM
Lloyd, Holiday Inn on Evangeline Thruway is close to the Parks & the Interstate.
January 13, 2012 10:56AM
ill be heading to the park right after lunch to play at pa davis and after that round im going help scotty comeaux prepare for tonights globie event at acadiana park. SEE U GUYS AND GALS THERE!
January 13, 2012 10:26PM
Congratulations to Brady Reaux and Spencer Mutter - winners of the glowbies championship.

David Fifita and I took second place in a playoff with John Bowden and NickSimon.

Four CTPs were won - 2 discs, a stool/ice chest combo donated by Mr. Jim Blansett and $16 cash. Jim and Deborah came to town and joined us for the event, everybody else were local players. A total of 16 people participated. VinylVille Lafayette's supplied some memorabilia for those in attendance.

Most important statistic : 100% reported having fun.

See everybody in the morning.
January 14, 2012 01:39AM
Had a blast Jacques !!! Great time!! BOOM!!
January 14, 2012 09:10AM
Jacques, just remember, if you don't condemn him, you condone him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 14, 2012 10:01AM
Good luck to everybody. Start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 14, 2012 08:51PM
Thanks to everybody for joining us for a day of nice weather, good food and fun golf.

Special thanks to the people who helped organize this event and assisted today when we needed them. Their contributions are what makes it all possible. Thanks to Pat for cooking and working at tournament central, Joe & Randy for signing everybody up, James for doing the board, Lou for running the ace pot throw-off, Scotty for running glowbies last night, Ski for loaning us some of the stuff we needed to cook, John for helping us pick up afterwards and anybody else that I may have forgotten to mention.

I also want to thank our sponsosrs again. We pushed pretty hard for support last year for LA States and being less than fourth months removed from that event, I didn't really expect to be able to offer all of the extras at this tournament. I was wrong and we were able to cover the course in CTPs, raise money for charity and still had stuff left over for a few rings-of-fire. This is due to the generosity of the disc golf community and the businesses and individuals that sponsor our sport.

Sixty-five players attended.

The following results reflect cash won by pros, merchandise won by ams, CTP prizes won by everybody, discs given to novices and juniors at sign-up and plaques presented to all divisions.

Not included are the values of ring-of-fire merchandise or meals and drinks served to all players.

I will e-mail John K the spreadsheet once players have had a few days to check the spelling of their name and review thier scores and winings for any errors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 09:03PM by jacques.
January 14, 2012 08:53PM
The biggest and best news of today, by far, is that the merchandise raffle raised $541 for the Wounded Warrior Project!

A heartfelt thanks to everybody who participated.
January 14, 2012 09:32PM
Had a great time today, thanks to all who helped out with a greatly run tourney. Lots of positive vibes all around. Nice to see some of my Laffy buds once again. I left with plenty of prizes despite my poor play at end of second round. WTG guys.
January 15, 2012 06:42AM
Revised results table because the pro division score totals did not show up for some reason...

Anonymous User
January 15, 2012 11:37AM
Great tournament! Best sporting event result in Louisiana this week for sure. Thanks Jacques, Pat, and the whole Lafayette gang.

Joe, please do not turn me in to LP&R for girdling too many trees in Pa Davis Park. You well-deserve that plaque for service to DG!

Marvin, you old carpetbagger, coming down South and taking our money home again, we'll get you someday.

Louis, I'm glad you were not warmed up for the first round. Great that your shoulder lets you play again.
Anonymous User
January 15, 2012 04:49PM
Way to get those results up fast!

Good job
January 15, 2012 08:33PM
bayouace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great tournament! Best sporting event result in
> Louisiana this week for sure. Thanks Jacques, Pat,
> and the whole Lafayette gang.
>
> Joe, please do not turn me in to LP&R for girdling
> too many trees in Pa Davis Park. You well-deserve
> that plaque for service to DG!
>
> Marvin, you old carpetbagger, coming down South
> and taking our money home again, we'll get you
> someday.
>
> Louis, I'm glad you were not warmed up for the

> first round. Great that your shoulder lets you
> play again.

Well said David but next time come down a day early and help me rake those leaves up!

Great job Jacques, Pat, Randy and all who pitched in.
January 15, 2012 09:29PM
Wow... 1st and 2nd in Ams could have been 1st and 2nd in Adv!

Great job Silas!! Congrats on that win!

Good showing Thunder, way to step up!!

Of course great job Dylan on getting the kids involved and letting Thunder play up, I think he will fit in well there!

Looks like a good job Jacques!

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 15, 2012 11:19PM
Thanks Gilligan. I will pass on your congrats to the boys.
January 16, 2012 07:43AM
First time in Lafayette for a tournament. Great food....well organized tournament....and good people. I'll be back.
January 18, 2012 06:48AM
Nobody has pointed out any errors or misspellings so I will send the spreadsheet with the results to John this evening.

Thanks again to everybody who came to the tournament and especially for the contributions players made to the benefit raffle.
January 19, 2012 07:48AM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, any corrections let me know via pm or email at johnk@sndg.org. Thanks to Jacques, the SN series has a lot of good tds and he is definitely one of them!!

JOhn k
January 19, 2012 12:13PM
Way to go Jacques. Good job on the tourney. Wish I could've been there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013