Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
January 23, 2012 05:59AM
Great tournament and outcome !....in open it was 1st-ogb and robert mason, 2nd drew socwell and daniel beaver, 3rd was a tie with me and buda and maddison coltharp and hunter brassel or however u spell his last name.
January 23, 2012 09:56AM
The 'Mingo is ALWAYS a great place to play - LUV those courses......see ya'll in the spring!!! Griff
January 23, 2012 10:28AM
Had a great time as always. The courses looked amazing, thanks to Bill and everyone else who helped
January 23, 2012 11:56AM
Back home and getting things back to something approaching normal.

Will be woirking on the Ice Bowl reporting for both the SN and Rick Rothstien in KC.

WIll get our charitable contribution to the Iuka Food Depot completed and get the check written & scanned fo the reports and take the food collected and delivered to Maxi this week.

Thanks to all the players who came out for both events. You are why I do this, PERIOD!

Thanks,

Later. . .

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
January 24, 2012 06:19AM
James, I'll look today for your disc and let you know. The water cooler on #8 Tee (Warrior Ridge) came up missing. If anyone has any information that would lead to the apprehension of the culprit please contact me! If you knew the hoops we had to jump through to purchase anything you would know my frustration. These coolers were brand new and purchased exclusively to be used for the tournaments. As many were still sleeping we were putting the water out as as courtesy to the disc golfers. We appreciate everyone's support and hope to see everyone back for the Spring Tourney March 3 & 4, 2012.
January 24, 2012 11:05PM
Great tournament Bill. And the steak was even better. Thanks for a well run tournament and a enjoyable weekend.
January 25, 2012 04:26AM
Bubbab, don't worry about the cooler. We will buy a new one out of our sponsor money for the Spring Tourney. Sure is sad that some people are so sorry that they steal from the people who are helping them.
January 25, 2012 11:55AM
That really stinks!!! (the cooler)

Tourney was great - as usual!!! Griff
Who steals a cooler?
January 25, 2012 07:34PM
Maria Bello. That's who.
January 27, 2012 02:07PM
Well another great Ice Bowl at beautiful Tishomingo State Park!

Between the Mulligans, Birdies, Raffles, and the Silent Auction donated by Devin Dickey, and the $20 given by Robbie Harris on Sunday, we raised $850 and around 100 pounds of canned goods for our charity, the Iuka Food Depot

And this was from ONLY 40 players!

I am thinking of making a chane to our format for next years Ice Bowl, let me have some feedback on how you al feel.

To begin, it seems the local players do not like that you could buy mulligans or birdies, and, in reality, a win. We only had TWO local players entered in the Ice Bowl this year. I am sure that jobs and the economy played a role also. SO, next year I am thinking of taking $5 from each entry, which this year added up to $200 for the charity, or going to a PLAQUE ONLY payout!

Also, I believe that I would like to add the Survivor Doubles to the charity event and, here, again, deduct $5 from each entry for the charity, or we could do the Plaque Only payout.

We have tried to keep the entries down as much a possible since we are trying to raise money for the charity. In fact some of the divisions did not even allow for awards to be given, so they just received cash or prizes.

So, let me know your thoughts, we will kick it around and see which way we want to go next year.

Remember, the goal is raise as much money and food items as possible for the charity.

On to the event. . .

We could not have asked for much better weather, the rain was gone before tee time, just leaving us some casual water in places to deal with, but other that, we had some pretty nice weather.

As mentioned before, we came up missing one of the coolers that were bought specifically for Disc Golf events, could have been anyone in the Park Saturday that got it, I personnally believe that no Disc Golfer would have taken it. If you have any information that will help to get it returned, PLEASE SPEAK UP. As Robert said, Chickasaw Disc GOlf Club WILL step up and purchase a new one using some of the sponsorship money for the Spring Tourney if need be.

On to the score for the 12th Annual Ice Bowl and the Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles! It was great getting to see all the new faces, we hope you come back in March for the 15th Annual Spring Tourney, be looking for the flyer in a few days.

For this years edition of the Ice Bowl Survivor Double we had a record number of players, in fact, we had more Disc GOlfers in the Park last weekend than we have ever seen, with the exception of the 2007 Southern National Amateur Championships.

Below are the results for the Doubles.

If there are any misspelled names please contact me and I will get thm orrected before sending the reports to John.

Again, thanks to all who came and enjoyed another great event in beautiful Tishomingo State Park.

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
January 27, 2012 02:09PM
I will be taking a check for $850 to Maxi South at the Iuka Food Depot on Monday, alongwith teh canned goods that were brought to the event.

You all did good, you have fed a lot of hungry families in need.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. . .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
January 27, 2012 02:16PM
You messed up on the doubles.....
January 27, 2012 02:17PM
Are those not from the fall classic? The doubles results? Or I am I just looking at them wrong? I could have swore I played advanced with Ethan warren.
January 27, 2012 03:23PM
yeah thats the fall classic results, i wish i had shot as good as i did at that in the doubles, could of helped my partner a little more, lol

-will
January 27, 2012 06:40PM
Yeah, Bill went out on the town before someoene called and told him of the mess up. He said OOPS and will correct it ASAP.

Hope everybody enjoyed the golf,comaredie, and food. We will try to make the Spring Tourney even better..
January 27, 2012 07:33PM
How about next Ice Bowl making it an all doubles weekend and upping the entrance fee some. First day allow three mulligans per team per round. The second day straight up. And use formats best shot, alternate shot, and best score. Also on Chickasaw use a and b as worst shot still. Think the turn out for this would be great, because we all love Tish.........
January 27, 2012 10:23PM
Sorry about that, must ave grabbed the wrong image on Photobucket. . .

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
January 27, 2012 10:31PM
Thanks to the input Mike, I especially would like to add some additional formats to the mix, perhaps three rounds with a final for the top two or three teams!

No doubt the true the Survivor Doubles sure seemed to be a hit this year, but if we have it be an all doubles, it can't be "Survivors" anymore! It would have to e renamed.

On thing for certain, next years event will be bigger and bettter than ever!

Keep kicking this around, with your help we will make an event that will blow them away!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
jcb
January 27, 2012 10:46PM
I believe even if you play doubles both days keeping mulligans will turn people away, like me for instance. That is exactly why I did not play Saturday. I only get to play so many tournaments and I just don't like someone buying a win. I like the idea of taking out $5 per player. I would have no problem donating $5 of my entry both days.Having more raffles is also a great way to add to the charity. I even like the idea if no ace is hit then the charity gets the money from the ace pot instead of throwing off for it.
January 27, 2012 10:52PM
James,

We are definatley leaning in the direction of no Mulligans or birdies, just need to have a good way to generate funds for the charity. I like the silent auction too, just need so much stuff, and room to set it out.

With 100+ attendance of this event we will be outgrowing our facilities and still be able to feed eveyone sitting down!

Thanks for the input!

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
January 27, 2012 11:46PM
I am with you JCB with the buying birdies part. For the 2 rnds on sat, i cant see 3 mulligans per team per rnd changing the outcome that much, because most of the mulligans dont work in the person favor anyways. Bill whatever you decide count me in. Or how about a team weekend you and your partner play in your respective divisions on sat singles, and sun play the doubles portion, and at the end combine everything together and have an overall tournament champions. Get a trophy and the trophy goes home with the winners and comes back every year for the next years winners.
January 27, 2012 11:48PM
Oh ya Bill,

You have me on there twice. I was McKinleys partner and Robert Mason was John Lintons.
January 28, 2012 07:02AM
I will add just a couple of points on Ice Bowls. In the short time I have played charity is what has been the driving force behind these tournaments. I also know that myself and others Do Not like the idea of who has the most disposable income can pretty much win, sometimes without even throwing a disc. When I played ball golf we payed a charity fee up front much like the five dollar deduction you speak of, but then you had the option of buying up to 2-3 mulligans BEFORE you teed off. A player then had to choose wisely where to use their mulligans. A player who bought either none or only one would not be at too much of a disadvantage. And I can only speak for myself but trophies and plaques mean nothing to me, i had a room full from my softball and golf days and I eventually got rid of them. My two cents worth.
jcb
January 30, 2012 06:21PM
Thanks for checking on my putter Bill. Got a call this morning and a guy from Tuscaloosa said he found it while playing there. Don't have a clue as to how he is gonna get it back to me cause he said he did not play many tournaments. Guess I'll have to send him shipping $.
January 31, 2012 07:22PM
Gave the two checks and the canned goods to Maxi South today. The two checks, $800 from Chickasaw Disc Golf, and $50 from Disc GOlf World make well over $16,000 that has been raised for local charities in the 12 years we have been having Ice Bowls.

Many, many thanks go out to all those who have attended the Tishomingo Ice Bowls over the years, you are the ones who deserve all the credit!

Have no doubt, next years 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl and Survivor Doubles will be bigger and better than ever.

I will be getting the receipts from Iuka Food Depot in the next few days and filing the report to Ice Bowl HQ, closing out another great event!

Thanks,

662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 07:22PM by DG Guy.
February 01, 2012 10:46PM
It looks like everybody that finished in the top 3 in ams need to move up. All three teams beat the first team in advanced.

They just missed out on the better payout..

Mississippi State Disc Golf
February 01, 2012 11:41PM
At tish anyone can win tho
February 02, 2012 07:39AM
I have to repectfuly disagree, if you can't throw a roc/buzzz STRAIGHT....you can't win at Tish. Those players should consider moving up.

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
February 02, 2012 09:27AM
thats funny....b/c almost every hole at chickasaw is to the right....not straight...so if you have a dominate flick...you have better odds. Most of the straight shots are not over a putter shot.

i bet you have a lot of tickets for running stop signs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013