Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 02, 2012 09:36AM
So..you are saying that you can't turn over a roc? LMAO..practice makes perfect....The best players (PRO) throw rocs or putters..period. ..Just because you can throw far, doen't mean that you can throw straight. I have won there and NEVER threw a flick the entire round. I bet John Linton didn't throw a flick...
February 02, 2012 10:22AM
jeremy koling flicks, ricky wysocky flicks.....most pros utilize a flick aswell. i have won in intermediate and advanced there and it is my home course...what division did you win? with more than 5 players?

i bet john linton also canned a lot of 40 foot putts because thats y john linton is good....
February 02, 2012 10:40AM
Paul Ulibarri, Avery Jenkins, Nate Doss, Matt Orum, Will Schusterick, Clayton Nash....all flick. What Wayne is saying is true though, most prefer to throw a straight midrange/putter over the flick. Not all, but most do.
February 02, 2012 11:34AM
wayneacree Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to repectfuly disagree, if you can't throw
> a roc/buzzz STRAIGHT....you can't win at Tish.
> Those players should consider moving up.

plus there is a difference in turning a rock or buzz over and throwing it "STRAIGHT"

i would be lieing if i told u i didn't back hand much...but a player with a flick in their bag gives them an advantage in my oppinion.
February 02, 2012 12:28PM
I won Adv Masters..thanks..and I beat the pro masters...and beat 11 of the 17 open pros....

92 players at Fall Classic...only 8 players beat me overall...I had NO Bogeys..the entire three rounds...
So...there you go....

If you can't throw straight, you can't win...period.

PS...I have seen Avery play(Bud Hill), he can throw a putter further than most people can drive...

Sorry..I recant..I think that I had ONE.....

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 12:51PM by wayneacree.
February 02, 2012 02:09PM
wayneacree Wrote:
> I won Adv Masters..thanks..and I beat the pro
> masters...and beat 11 of the 17 open pros....
>
> 92 players at Fall Classic...only 8 players beat
> me overall...I had NO Bogeys..the entire three
> rounds...
> So...there you go....
>
> If you can't throw straight, you can't
> win...period.
>
> PS...I have seen Avery play(Bud Hill), he can
> throw a putter further than most people can
> drive...
>
> Sorry..I recant..I think that I had ONE.....

....you played the am pads vs pros playing pro pads.... anyways...y dont you test your theory and play me for some money im tired of argueing? you should be able to beat me easy since i don't know what im doing....shoot ill even play on your home courses for money....
February 02, 2012 06:12PM
I never said you don't know what you are doing.

Pro Master did not play pro pads..and the rest(except pro open/Advanced...) did not either. Only one course had different teepads...

Finally, I am not against playing for money...on a course that requires real skill...not bombing it as far as you can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 06:49PM by wayneacree.
February 02, 2012 06:16PM
I won advanced at Tish in the Fall without throwing a flick. Beat 12 people, and from the Pro Pads.

-will

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 06:18PM by will2003.
LOL @ you two guys arguing on here about rocs, putters, & flicks.

I'm no where near a good pro, or even a top advanced player, but I've had my moments.

I forehand 95 out of 100 shots off the tee with a Champion TeeDevil. The only two other disc I really use are a Star Roc and a First Run Star Wedge. So I don't want to hear about what disc and which way you through it's about HOW you throw and HOW good you can putt.

I actually lost The Copper Hills Classic because I back handed 3 holes off the tee at Valentine! Shank, shank, shank!
February 02, 2012 08:40PM
Wayne...wat do u consider a real skill course?
February 02, 2012 08:46PM
There are a few around....what is your opinion?
February 02, 2012 09:23PM
I believe ever course is respectfully skillful....but a course that has all the holes under 300 and in the woods adds more luck than skill. Like tish....scores can very a lot from day to day BC of the trees....I watched 2 good pros get a bogey on the shortest hole on the course. Trace gold is prolly the nicest around or Tombigbee 2 in my oppinion.
February 02, 2012 09:32PM
you are kidding..right? Throwing straight is skill..not luck. You are not correct in your thinking about throwing courses under 300 ft...hitting trees means you are not aiming or throwing straight...it means that particular day you suck....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 09:36PM by wayneacree.
February 02, 2012 10:03PM
Confused Dustin. So are you saying longer holes and less trees makes for a more skillfull course
A good player should be able to shoot good on any course, and never backs down from a challenge!
February 03, 2012 05:47AM
Young Mr. Morris, If the three courses at Tish. do not offer enough challenge to you, I suggest you find a new "home" course. These courses were designed with the available lay of the land and are targeted to all disc golfers from neophytes to seasoned pros. Design you own course and refrain from bashing others!
February 03, 2012 06:37AM
So there is no luck in disc golf? Not bashing, but i am sure there is people that will agree with me,but we have a lot of pitch and putt coures in north mississippi. I agree with dillon when you should be good at all courses. I can throw straighter than i can throw long. I am not a good putter and i shot -13 at tish when i was an am...when i just started disc golf i was shooting +1 or 2 when i played chickasaw....but if you think that disc golf is all skill and no luck, your crazy.

Out side of tupelo we have no good long courses. Booneville is good but no one plays it. There is a reason why people called the pickwick/tishomingo players the short arm club, b/c we never play long holes.
February 03, 2012 08:22AM
Hey Dusti...Learn to Play W/ your hand not your mouth! For one,CDGT is Designed to train Throwers in placement. IE:Throw straight, turn to the right/left and Putt! If You don't understand Placement, You don't understand DG!!! @#$%& for Length, there are long Tees and More coming as time and Will of the Thrill in the Heart Allows. IE: Close the Piehole and through the Tin or take Bubbabs' advice!!!
February 03, 2012 09:28AM
I just stated my oppinion on higher level courses. Never dissed tish. I just said it was an easier course. it is a really good course for what yall had to work with and for everyone to play. i enjoy it every time i play. Everyone takes it personal when people state something on here. If someone gives any sort of negative feed back (even though i didnt), everyone likes to jump in.

This conversation started with having to throw straight. I am just saying a good flick is nice on these courses(Right Handed). Jack Johnson proved that point very well. Everyone's disc golf game is different. I have seen flicks beat back hands, back hands beat flicks, thumber/tomahawks beat back hands and flicks, it is all just preference to what is your game and you knowing what your disc is going to do. The best player in the world could play tish and hit trees off the teepad....so yes i think there is a little bit of luck at tish and everywhere for that matter.

I also dont believe that throwing a disc straight (hardest shot in disc golf and last resort shot for me) is required at tish....i try to hyzer everything if possible. Sometimes you have to throw straight. you could hyzer majority of the holes at tish and shoot double digits if everything is working correctly.
February 03, 2012 03:09PM
come over to florence and play long tees at mcfarland, only 45mins from tish.

-will
February 03, 2012 10:15PM
That is also a nice course
February 04, 2012 12:59AM
Wow you guys always get way off topic. I just said that the top 3 am teams need to consider moving up.

Weve got a pretty good long course here at MSU around the gym. You dont have to throw it straight either, but it helps

Mississippi State Disc Golf
February 04, 2012 11:35AM
I Started Watching Ken after a few worlds wins to try and see why He was so much better than the rest and after a good grillin'; come to the conclusion than His consistance low scoring ability had to do with his theory of finding the straightest route, then turn to the basket and MAKE the Putt. Of ALL the Baskets @ Tish there is only ONE that's in the long Position! And NOTHING has been Added or Lenthened Sense jack johnson Ran off @ the Mouth!!!
February 04, 2012 11:57AM
and if you watch ken now....its rare for him to finish in the top now adays because the game has evolved...not saying he isn't any good, just many styles
February 04, 2012 07:09PM
umm..OPINIONS vary.....when you can beat him..then talk bad about him..until then..your "OPPINION" is invalid....
You down with "OPP"?

You down with OPP (Yeah you know me) 3X
Who's down with OPP (Every last homie)
You down with OPP (Yeah you know me) 3X
Who's down with OPP (All the homies)

As for the ladies, OPP means something gifted
The first two letters are the same but the last is something
different
It's the longest, loveliest, lean-- I call it the leanest
It's another five letter word rhymin' with cleanest and meanest
I won't get into that, I'll do it...ah...sorta properly
I say the last P...hmmm...stands for property
Now lady here comes a kiss, blow a kiss back to me, now tell me
exactly
Have you ever known a brother who have another like ah girl or wife
And you just had to stop and just 'cos he look just as nice
You looked at him, he looked at you and you knew right away
That he had someone but he was gonna be yours anyway
You couldn't be seen with him and honestly you didn't care
'Cos in a room behind a door no one but y'all are there
When y'all are finish, y'all can leave and only y'all would know
And then y'all could throw the skeleton bones right in the closet do'
Now don't be shocked 'cos if you're down I want your hands up high
Say OPP (OPP) I like to say with pride
Now when you do it, do it well and make sure that it counts
You're now down with a discount
February 04, 2012 09:43PM
for your enjoyment...
[www.youtube.com]
February 04, 2012 09:49PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> A good player should be able to shoot good on any
> course, and never backs down from a challenge!

So STFU ....unless you have some cash to unload.
February 04, 2012 10:48PM
Y'all are stupid unless you play disc golf and that's your job and innova or discraft pays you then I don't know y everyone on here thinks they know every aspect of this game if you did travel the world and get of this little website
February 04, 2012 11:21PM
Innovaputter84 Wrote:
> Y'all are stupid unless you play disc golf and
> that's your job and innova or discraft pays you
> then I don't know y everyone on here thinks they
> know every aspect of this game if you did travel
> the world and get of this little website

I am not interested in disc golf being a career BC there is no money in it. Not enough for me to quit my job...

Wayne u going yo wall doxey tournament? Ill be there Sunday if u wanna play for some cash. Prolly catch a round before the tourney.
February 04, 2012 11:58PM
Even though almost two pages of this thread about the Tishomingo Ice Bowl are way off topic, I would say that wooded courses require more skill. I'll state why here:

Open Course: Bomb a drive or just throw a drive through an open field, what's next? 9 times out of 10, there is an open up shot to the basket with nothing in the way but free space to throw hyzer/straight/anny/roller/upside down/ or however you prefer. All styles of play can play in the open. ALL!

Wooded Course: Most likely placing a drive off the teepad becasue bombing it, unless you get lucky and hit something that knocks your disc into the fairway, will prove most fatile for the upshot. And about the upshot, most likely you will have 1 or 2 ways to throw max. Don't get me wrong, wooded courses are many times geared towards a certain style of play whether it be RHBH/RHFH/LHBH/LHFH/ thumber/tomohawk throwers etc. but that is what makes it so much tougher. To go to a wooded course and compete, you have to do it all. Maybe not flick, but you have to have a reliable anny.

Just my $.02

That was a good survivor doubles...Who's ready for the next one?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013