Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12

Posted by DG Guy 
Wayne, I don't take from the needy!
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 05, 2012 02:56PM
Thanks for thinking of me..
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 05, 2012 09:57PM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even though almost two pages of this thread about
> the Tishomingo Ice Bowl are way off topic, I would
> say that wooded courses require more skill. I'll
> state why here:
>
> Open Course: Bomb a drive or just throw a drive
> through an open field, what's next? 9 times out of
> 10, there is an open up shot to the basket with
> nothing in the way but free space to throw
> hyzer/straight/anny/roller/upside down/ or however
> you prefer. All styles of play can play in the
> open. ALL!
>
> Wooded Course: Most likely placing a drive off the
> teepad becasue bombing it, unless you get lucky
> and hit something that knocks your disc into the
> fairway, will prove most fatile for the upshot.
> And about the upshot, most likely you will have 1
> or 2 ways to throw max. Don't get me wrong, wooded
> courses are many times geared towards a certain
> style of play whether it be RHBH/RHFH/LHBH/LHFH/
> thumber/tomohawk throwers etc. but that is what
> makes it so much tougher. To go to a wooded course
> and compete, you have to do it all. Maybe not
> flick, but you have to have a reliable anny.
>
> Just my $.02
>
> That was a good survivor doubles...Who's ready for
> the next one?

Every pro that is good can throw far as well as accurate....a lot of the nt tourneys r wide open with ob everywhere marked just for the tourney I have had to many aces off trees to say there is no luck in the woods..
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 05, 2012 11:20PM
Never said luck wasn't involved in the woods. I would actually say the NT's are actually more wooded than open. 2011 had the Texas States, Beaver State Fling, Pittsburg Flying Disc Open, and the Vibram Open having more holes where trees play a big factor than open holes. There is tons of luck in the trees, but I can promise you that skill is more of a factor. Will Schusterick shot -10 at the Trace Open on Trace Gold in 2009. Trace gold has 7 strictly wooded holes, 5 wide open, and the other 6 of those holes are open but trees can come into play and do a lot of times. I would be willing to say more skill was required for good scores on hole 4 and 11 than luck.

To validate my point, for disc golf as a whole, take a course like Central Park in Southaven, MS. It is a good course in it's own right. During the Desoto County Open, there was a card where on 7 or 8 straight holes, 2 people flicked and 2 people backhanded and that was it. They were equally successful and one of those people only knew how to flick basically.

Now you take that same round, and for 8 holes have the people do the exact same thing at Tombigbee 2 which has some of the same length holes but it is wooded. I doubt the outcome would be the same.

Open holes with OB are good, and tight wooded holes are good too. All I'm trying to get across is that a wide open hole is somewhat easier and one dimensional compared to a hole such as hole 5 at Tom 2(which is one of the easier holes at Tom 2) because of the things that could go wrong, that are in essence outside of your control.
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 07:11AM
.....tombigbee 2 and trace are long and wooded....we are talking about 200 to 300 foot shots....i said in a previous post that tombigbee 2 and trace are the most pro level courses around. I think long wooded courses are the best.

Trees can reward or hurt your shot....like at wall doxey, you can ask ricco...i never once hit a fair way on turkey and i shot -4. Also, clayton nash seen me do that to at the last tournament wall doxey tournament.
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 08:37AM
I See Baskets @ Tish being moved Long and Maybe a few new Ones!!!
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 09:16AM
I do like the long tees at warrior
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 09:25AM
Omg would
Y'all be quiet holy crap three more weekends there is a tourny at tish just come play and do your thing it don't matter if you how much skill you have you gonna have luck too just come play and enjoy yourself
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 10:17AM
It really irks me when "Pros" complain because they don't have the skills to play wooded courses....

Gimme a break....if your "so" good it should not matter what the course (open/wooded) looks like....


If you can't handle that a wooded course evens the field (because throwing long in a open field is "so" difficult), then stay home....

You would've gotten beat anyway, right?!?!?


THrow for show PUT FOR DOUGH!!
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 12:17PM
If throwing really far and open is so easy...shouldn't that even up the playing field?
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 01:51PM



Wow....
Some 411 on course design...

[www.houckdesign.com]



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 02:13PM by wayneacree.
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 02:01PM
if yall are saying true skills and pros come from short wooded courses that statement should be true......
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 02:17PM
I have seen many young kids throw it a mile...but can't hit the broad side of a barn from under 200ft....
John Linton wins because he is a great all around golfer. Many great golfers do not throw it far...many do. The ones that win the most, throw the straightest, not the farthest. That is a fact.
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 02:26PM
name some of the top golfers in the world that can not throw far......
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 02:43PM
poll for you..so you can understand what other disc golfers think of course design..wooded vs open.

[www.dgcoursereview.com]
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 02:47PM
i dont care about polls...name some top golfers in the world that can't throw that far...
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 03:02PM
Of course you don't care, you just got called out...There are many pro golfers that throw under 400 ft. If you actually look for yourself, you will find the stats you are looking for, as I am not your secretary.

Any real touring pro knows what makes up a good course. If you see one, ask them. Everyone(pros) that I talked to at the SN Championhips...HATED Shelby Farms. Why? Because throwing as hard as you can all day in an open field is not a good way to test your golf skills. See..SKILLS(pleural)...not SKILL(singular).
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 03:17PM
......i asked you to name one because you say they are out there.....i dont see any touring pros that can't throw that far... just name some off and ill look them up...it would take me hours to find a disc golfer that is top in the world and can't throw that far....
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 03:21PM
Mark Ellis...for starters..
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 03:34PM
lets try to get someone inside the top 500 in the world....
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 04:17PM
also....mark ellis is known for his flicks.....
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 04:43PM
dustin morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....tombigbee 2 and trace are long and
> wooded....we are talking about 200 to 300 foot
> shots....i said in a previous post that tombigbee
> 2 and trace are the most pro level courses around.
> I think long wooded courses are the best.
>
> Trees can reward or hurt your shot....like at wall
> doxey, you can ask ricco...i never once hit a fair
> way on turkey and i shot -4. Also, clayton nash
> seen me do that to at the last tournament wall
> doxey tournament.

I can attest to this fact. He missed the fairways worse than anyone , yet somehow made thru the trees and found either the fairway or close to basket. LOL.
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 05:15PM
Top 500 pro who cant throw 400..........me lmao!
Hey , I just paid for you two guys a room at the Gold Strike , honeymoon suite. Got yall a roll of quarters for the bed, some his & his ky on the nightstand

Seriously though, who cares? This is like a what's a better disc question? roc or buzzz.
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 06:13PM
Roc lol
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 09:05PM
Who gives a crap bunch of cat on leashes god
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 10:00PM
Evidently u BC u posting on here with us
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 06, 2012 10:53PM
Y'all come settle it at the Wall Doxey Ice bowl!

It's wooded and you will have to throw straight and long on turkey hollow

see y'all there
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 08, 2012 12:34PM
Just sent the excel files to John.

Thanks to everyone who came out for this event, I ook forward to making some changes in next years 13th Annual Tishomingo Ice Bowl & Survivor Doubles!

Later. .

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 08, 2012 01:43PM
Out of town again until next Monday.... I'll have the results up then....

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013