Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12

Posted by DG Guy 
Re: 12th Annual Tishomingo State Park Ice Bowl Survivor Doubles 1-22-12
February 08, 2012 11:41PM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> To validate my point, for disc golf as a whole,
> take a course like Central Park in Southaven, MS.
> It is a good course in it's own right. During the
> Desoto County Open, there was a card where on 7 or
> 8 straight holes, 2 people flicked and 2 people
> backhanded and that was it. They were equally
> successful and one of those people only knew how
> to flick basically.
>
>

I remember that, except I only flicked one hole while the others only backhanded one hole.

this is why wide open courses suck, because there is no skill, you dont have to place the drive anywhere. open courses roped off with lots of OBs are a little better because you actually have to put the disc where you want it to go. but a lot of people cant do that, so thats why some prefer open courses

Mississippi State Disc Golf
February 09, 2012 09:31AM
My ace came off of a tree half way down the fairway in this tournament....1 tree shaved me 2-3 strokes, that was a lot of luck.....open courses should always have added OB and almost always are in PDGA. (tournaments that i have seen and a few that i have played in)
February 09, 2012 09:39AM
I agree with you Ethan...good post.

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
February 09, 2012 11:17AM
Ok well i play chickasaw quite a bit and i flick more than i backhand there i wouldnt say backhandin is better than flickin nor is flickin better than backhandin Everyone has thier own thing but wayne u dont have to throw straight to win nuthin unless u just tryin to stay in fairway to get par. But i have seen ricco turn over rocs there n do good but i can flick right behind his shot and do the same as him so with this said why does it matter its suppose to be a good fun sport and with the way yall argue over everything yall take the fun out of the great sport
February 09, 2012 11:24AM
that is my point..turn over(if you have to) to throw it down the middle....if it is not down the middle...you will not score! PERIOD.

Luck is garbage..do it well and reap the results.
February 09, 2012 11:36AM
I would not call Central Park "wide open" and it makes you place shots on the long holes to have a decent next shot. Watch and you will notice if someone shoots bad at a course it is the worse course ever. People do not like Central Park because it is hard to shoot really well on it. Besides hole 10 there is not another hole on the course that you can throw anywhere and not really have a bad shot.
I hate central park because I can't throw over 400 ft.
February 09, 2012 01:11PM
now Dillon there is really only 4 holes you need to throw over 400 feet

Hole 3,4, 8, and 10
February 09, 2012 05:45PM
Amen Matt. Central Park is a difficult course even if you can throw over 400 ft. Just like any course if your games not on that particular day this course will eat your lunch. Due to the distance on the front and the wind on the back makes it a very tough course to shoot well on.
February 09, 2012 05:50PM
Central park is my favorite course up there
February 09, 2012 05:55PM
Another course that comes to mind is Sioux passage in St Louis. I played up there last year and It was a very tough course. Par 3-5. It wad an actual golf course. We need more courses like it but people were conplaining that it was a bad course because it was hard. Every hole shouldn't be par 3.
February 09, 2012 06:09PM
I agree head every course shouldnt be par 3
February 09, 2012 07:56PM
I agree, I think any hole over 700 ft should be a par 4, because most people can throw 200 ft to 250ft. But at the same time if that person that can only throw 250 ft plays someone that can throw 350. The outcome of the hole is going to be the same 9 times out of ten. Wether its a par 3,4,5 or not.
February 13, 2012 02:11PM
[www.sndg.org]

[www.sndg.org]

Doubles and singles results are on the site. Any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org. The doubles will look a little off because all the mixed doubles teams received 2 points in their normal division.

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013