Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Merchandise Raffle Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project

Posted by jacques 
Merchandise Raffle Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project
January 07, 2012 11:13AM
I did not want this to get lost in the pages of the tournament thread and it is certainly worthy of its own topic.

At the upcoming Mid-Winter Open tournament, we will have a merchandise raffle. The beneficiary of this will be The Wounded Warrior Project.

They are an organization that provides services to injured veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. If you want to learn more about them, their website link is Wounded Warrior Project

We will sell tickets at registration, during lunch and after the second round as well. We will draw the winners during the awards ceremony.

At this point, we have following merchandise and we are working on securing a few more items...

[*] A $100 gift card to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, courtesy of Reliable Power Systems
    [*] A framed Led Zeppelin European tour poster by Bob Masse. A really cool item, courtesy of Vinylville.
    [*] A $40 Wal-Mart gift card, provided by my employer, Sterling Sugars.
    [*] A one night stay at Holiday Inn, courtesy of the nice folks over at the Holiday Inn Holidome on Evangeline Thruway.

Please put a few extra dollars in your pocket if you plan to attend our tournament and help us support a very worthy cause!
Re: Merchandise Raffle Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project
January 07, 2012 11:21AM
How much are tickets going to be? Also I may have some stuff I could secure if you are interested.
January 07, 2012 05:33PM
$1 per chance. No limit on the number of tickets per person. PM sent concerning your offer.
Anonymous User
January 07, 2012 08:27PM
OK, Jacques, I have this collector's edition Buzzz from Altitude Disc Golf to donate. Only 100 made.

January 07, 2012 08:37PM
Outstanding, David! Thank you.
January 09, 2012 12:47PM
For those planning to attend this weekend, please don't forget about this.

Put an extra few dollars in your pocket and help us raise money for this very worthy cause.
January 09, 2012 01:54PM
I would like to thank the International Petroleum Museum & Exposition in Morgan City, our newest merchandise raffle sponsor. They operate the "Mr. Charlie" rig museum - a working drilling rig used as a training facility and open to the public for tours. Check out their website www.rigmuseum.com

They are generously donating a guided tour package of the rig including lunch.

One more reason to take a chance and buy a some raffle tickets.
January 10, 2012 01:12PM
Bump for great cause :)
January 12, 2012 07:34AM
Extra special thanks to KSKIDS, LLC for a very generous cash donation of $300, all of which will be added on top of the money raised by the raffle and sent to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Very nice!
January 12, 2012 09:12AM
Great job Jacques and the Laffayette club!! Definitely a great cause!!

JOhn k
January 12, 2012 09:55AM
guys this is a great cause to help the guys and girls out that get wounded in combat that defend our freedom! ill be buying a couple.
Anonymous User
January 12, 2012 01:14PM
OK, I'm good for ten tickets. First five DG'ers that match that by purchasing ten tickets from Jacques Saturday morning, I'll buy each one 2 more tickets. I'll give him $20 Saturday morning for my tickets and the extras and the first five that buy 10 tickets, he will give them 2 extra at N/C to them.
That's 12 tickets for ten dollars.
January 12, 2012 04:50PM
i believe you are right sir!
Info about the Poster Artist
January 12, 2012 07:13PM
Great idea! Excellent cause to fundraise for... tres bon.

Here is a bit of information about the poster artist mentioned above.

Bob Masse is from Canada's West coast and has been producing concert posters since the 1960s.

While attending art school in Vancouver, British Columbia, he began his career doing posters for the folk acts that came through town, in exchange for free drinks, tickets, and the opportunity to meet the musicians.

As folk became folk-rock, and Vancouver was visited by such bands as the Grateful Dead, The Doors, the Jefferson Airplane andSteve Miller, Bob continued to produce memorable concert posters for these bands, and helped pioneer the emerging psychedelic art genre. He was greatly influenced by the art and music scenes in Los Angeles and San Francisco, where he spent considerable time in the late 1960s. Masse befriended the Vancouver band, the Collectors, and when they travelled to Los Angeles to make a record, he followed, spending the final years of the 1960s living in the Laurel Canyon area, producing posters and album covers for various bands of the day. His work from this time is highly sought by collectors.

As rock concert art began to enjoy a surge in popularity duing the 90s, Masse returned to the medium with renewed force, producing a steady stream of posters for the first time since the 1970s. Bob continues to produce pieces for contemporary performers.

[www.bctravelgems.com]

Really nicely framed Masse posters regularly sell for these amounts. The originals from back in the day eBay for far higher amounts. You'll be bidding on an Authentic Reproduction. All the originals of these are in the hands of individuals and you'd have to pay very high ebay prices for one of those. Fairly rare to see an original of this poster. The Authorized Reproductions were not produced in large volumes of printing. These are obscure. These look good on any wall! Good luck on obtaining this very cool poster and in the tournament.

Pa Davis two rounds! Awesome format!
Re: Info about the Poster Artist
January 13, 2012 08:18AM
I also want to thank Mr. John Fowler who called to tell me he will be donating a Glow Champion Disc with a New Orleans Saints dye job to the raffle.

That gives you two chances to win some custom, collectible plastic on top of all the other nice stuff.
Re: Info about the Poster Artist
January 14, 2012 08:57PM
Including a $300 donation from KSKIDS, LLC, the raffle raised $541 for the Wounded Warrior Project!

I consider this a huge success and want to express our sincere thanks to those that participated and those that supplied the merchandise that was raffled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013