Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LSU Disc Golf Club Tournament

Posted by LSUDGC 
LSU Disc Golf Club Tournament
January 25, 2012 10:34PM
Hello all,

A few other students and I are in the process of forming an LSU disc golf club. Over the last week our club has been forming rapidly. We have gained new members, have an article in the LSU newspaper that is being published tomorrow (1/25), and received one of the four allotted formal invitations to the National Championships in Augusta, GA during April.

We have been brainstorming ways we can fund raise for entry fees for various tournaments throughout the next month and we've been considering hosting a tournament. As you may infer, none of us have put together a tournament and we could definitely use some advice. Below are a list of questions that I have come up with regarding tournaments.

1) On average, How far in advance is a tournament need to be announced prior to the actual date?
2) How many golfers, if any, would you expect to take part in our fundraising tournament?
3) What steps do we have to take to formally schedule a tournament and how should we advertise?
3) What should the entry fee be and what does it cost to set up a tournament?

Thanks in advance for any help you all offer, it is greatly appreciated!

-Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2012 10:35PM by LSUDGC.
Re: LSU Disc Golf Club Tournament
January 26, 2012 12:18PM
I hope you guys can throw past the fifty yard line LOL. JK but seriously this is a good thing for DG. Love to hear colleges getting involved in courses on campuses and students organizing clubs and trnys. Next we need to get more high schools into DG.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
January 26, 2012 03:54PM
There is a group(BRDGA) in Baton Rouge that host many events a year, I would suggest talking with them. They should be able to tell you anything you need to know. I will let them know this weekend about your club.
January 26, 2012 04:02PM
Kevin this is great the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point guy come too Bud HIll on their spring break for a week. They play colleges on their
way down like Saint Louis, and a few more the university give the gas money,a van, food allowance. I will get a contact and you can contact Danny
January 26, 2012 07:48PM
I had no idea that there were any other serious disc golfers at LSU. I have been wanting to compete in this event for several years now but thought it was impossible to field a team at LSU. I even inquired about competing individually only but was told that was not allowed. I just graduated in December but I just checked the NCDGC website and it states that if you graduate in December you are eligible to compete for that school in the following spring's tournament. I have also cashed in pro at a PDGA event and thought that would disqualify me from competing but it states that only those classified as "touring pros" (which is only about 125 people) are ineligible by their standards. So, it appears that I am eligible to compete. I would love one last shot to bring home a national title.

I have been at LSU for the past six years and have played over 100 tournaments during that time. I am also rated 974 by the PDGA. I would be glad to help yall in any way possible. I will send you a private message giving you my phone number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casey Cox
"If you aint first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby's daddy

2007-2008 SN Amateur Player of the Year
SN advanced single season points record holder - 466 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season wins record holder - 16 (2007-2008)
SN advanced single season score record holder - 53.40 (2007-2008)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 07:49PM by cox3.
January 26, 2012 08:00PM
I almost got a tear in my eye Casey...almost ;)
January 26, 2012 08:47PM
when it get's into our schools and universitys then it's on the way!!!!!!!! period!!!!! i have seed that from the get go. WOW!!!!! exciting
January 26, 2012 11:32PM
Thanks for all the support guys, you have no idea how much I appreciate it.
January 27, 2012 03:01AM
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013