Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Disc Golf in Mobile!!!!

Posted by giggex106 
Disc Golf in Mobile!!!!
February 13, 2012 07:26PM
Hey guys, my name is Bryan Heritage, Ive been looking into trying to talk to the City in Mobile about putting a disc golf course in the Westside Baseball Park. If you have never heard of it, its off of Hitt rd. that connects to schillingers rd. It is directly across from the Shriners Abba Temple where the old Albert P. Brewer Center use to be. Its is a BEAUTIFUL area that has wide open areas and some wooded areas as well. It would be a good mix of technical skill going from wooded areas to open areas. The area also has alittle elevation change to add the the difficulty. If any people can comment back on what they think please do. I really don't know how to start going about this so if any body has any ideas feel free to comment.
Re: Disc Golf in Mobile!!!!
February 13, 2012 08:14PM
Get with Bernie Sawyer he would do a good job and be glad to help im sure.
February 13, 2012 09:05PM
Is that what they use to call "softball city"?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
February 14, 2012 05:09AM
no

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
February 14, 2012 07:31AM
I thought that it was sought after before, and we were turned down. From what I heard, the land was being held for a fire station. However, that's just hearsay from my end. Either way, I think it's a great location and would offer some interesting holes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
February 14, 2012 04:52PM
Hey Bryan. I am Tommy Browning. We talked a little bit about this at Cottage Hill Saturday morning. Let me know if you need any help with labor. I agree with southside above. You should contact Bernie Sawyer, Mobile Area Disc Golf Association president. MADGA will be your best contact for any questions/help with this project.
February 15, 2012 09:00AM
Mobile needs some par fours and fives!

BOOM! pdga# 41853
February 16, 2012 11:16PM
absolutely
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013