Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SNDC question?

Posted by DISCKEY 
SNDC question?
February 23, 2012 07:30PM
I was just curious if the Southern Nationals Doubles Championship dates could change? With worlds being reasonably close, it looks like a lot of SN players are going to try and attend. I may be wrong, but I think it may hurt the SNDC attendance by 30-40%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 07:31PM by DISCKEY.
Re: SNDC question?
February 23, 2012 09:41PM
Play one or the other....the weekend that it is on is the weekend that is set aside for it through SN. Why don't you ask the PDGA to change their event because it is close to the SNDC?

GZZZZZZZZZ the world doesn't not revolve around the PDGA!

February 23, 2012 10:11PM
Come on Keith You know how those USDGC Champs are ;)
February 23, 2012 10:16PM
You forgot the asterisk!!! And it has nothing to do with pdga vs SN. It would just be nice to be able to play in both. I doubt I'm the only one in SN land that feels that way. Besides, it was a question as to if it were a possibility, not asking for it to be changed.
February 23, 2012 10:20PM
Which one you planning on going to Keith?

John, good point. See you at Worlds!
February 23, 2012 10:22PM
My bad John I always forget lol, you going to make over to Sheppard on the 10th?
Anonymous User
February 23, 2012 10:23PM
* is right.
February 23, 2012 10:38PM
I think I am doing the Marsh and bogue thing that weekend. But let's not get off topic.
February 23, 2012 11:30PM
"Play one or the other....the weekend that it is on is the weekend that is set aside for it through SN. Why don't you ask the PDGA to change their event because it is close to the SNDC?

GZZZZZZZZZ the world doesn't not revolve around the PDGA!"

Well Sunshine believe it or not MANY of us will be at worlds that week. Which will certainly affect SNDC attendance. & whether you accept it or not the Disc Golf "world" does predominately revolve around the PDGA.

It isn't like it would be that difficult to reschedule the SNDC this far in advance. Which doesn't take & hasn't had anywhere near the amount of effort & planning that the World's has ALREADY made. Where as planning an event like worlds that will host 1000+ players on who knows how many courses with hundreds of volunteers & many major sponsors is an impossibility at this point.

Many of the players affected by this conflict of schedule are from the SN. I am just one of them who would like to be able to play both.
February 23, 2012 11:37PM
Keith "Sunshine" B
"Time: 5:51 or as it is known in Alabama 9 to 6"

BTW The above comment was completely overshadowed by an event of more recent significance. Remember? I mean I still prefer to call it 9:00 pm. But many Bama fans prefer 21:00. Get it 21-0 ? LOL ;)
February 24, 2012 01:13AM
I too would like to see it changed if at all possible

its the World Championships after all...
February 24, 2012 06:45AM
If changed hope the players dont mind getting discs with july21-22nd on em, like i told john the designs are made and sent to innova & fundraiser discs arrive monday. As long as pushed back and not up i MAY can still td, just lemme knw if any changes are to be made.
February 24, 2012 09:29AM
I will be at the SNDC Robby :)....if im off work
February 24, 2012 10:49AM
Yeah I would definitely love to play both but if I have to choose one then I will for sure go to worlds!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 10:50AM by cam32092.
February 24, 2012 12:04PM
I might have a chance at winning this year
February 24, 2012 02:38PM
Yes, I agree with my brother! I haven't missed the SNDC in two years and was looking forward to playing some of the courses up there. But this year I will be at worlds!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
February 24, 2012 03:09PM
Hate all yall gonna miss it, good luck @ worlds.
February 28, 2012 03:17PM
Why exactly can't the date be changed? I believe they moved the SNAC one time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
February 29, 2012 09:16PM
well I hope someone makes up there minds for the people that have to plan there time off in advance not at the last min. me and tim orr are looking to be 3x champions..... BOOOOM

RANDEYE
PDGA#7250
March 01, 2012 06:18AM
randeye1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well I hope someone makes up there minds for the
> people that have to plan there time off in advance
> not at the last min. me and tim orr are looking to
> be 3x champions..... BOOOOM
>
> RANDEYE
> PDGA#7250

I wont be changing the date...i cant speak for the BOD though. Already raised apprx $2700 for this event and still got 5 months left. :-) :-) :-)
March 01, 2012 07:08AM
Not a problem, figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Hope everyone does well! I will miss competing in the SNDC!

Ronda Key
March 01, 2012 09:40AM
Don't worry Robby the board won't be asking for it to be moved. It is unfortunate that both tournaments are the same week however with the tournament being less than 4 months away it's unrealistic to move it logistically. The fact is a large majority of SN players are unaffected by worlds being the same week, I will be routing for all those that do go. Represent!! I'm sure the players that go to either event will have fun!!

JOhn k
Anonymous User
March 01, 2012 11:51AM
Its very unfortunate it's on the same date. We sure hate all you FWB people will miss the best SNDC!
March 01, 2012 01:28PM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
Already raised apprx $2700 for this
> event and still got 5 months left. :-) :-) :-)

Nice !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
March 02, 2012 02:02PM
Hate that I will miss SNDC for Worlds but moving it would not help me either. It was one or the other for me
Anonymous User
March 02, 2012 03:04PM
No head @ the SNDC...
March 02, 2012 03:31PM
unless you are there, Dillon!
March 02, 2012 04:14PM
rim shot!

chuckle chuckle

You are WRONG for that one.........wrong but FUNNY!! OUCHEE!!
Anonymous User
March 02, 2012 07:15PM
I'm leaning more towards SNDC over the worlds right now, but it's a tough call having Worlds so close to the south.

I really like tombigbee2 and trace gold. Are both of those on the schedule?
March 02, 2012 07:37PM
Veterans, Tombigbee 2, and Trace Gold are on the schedule. This will be an awesome event!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013