Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Disc Golf Course Approved for Pelican Park - Mandeville, Louisiana
April 10, 2013 07:27AM
Always great to learn about a new course.

Folks in the area can now see some DG on TV, courtesy of Disc Golf Live video magazine and Florida Parishes TV 17. Don't know the broadcast schedule but some info can be found here: [www.fptvonline.com]

This is a local station, not public access but not much more advanced. If you catch a show, drop them a note and let the broadcasters know you're watching.

Joe
April 16, 2013 02:32PM
Heading over to play the course today. Can't wait.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
April 17, 2013 01:11PM
Shane, please let us know your impressions of the new play place!!!!

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
April 17, 2013 02:16PM
It is always great to have another option for places to play. There are multiple pin positions available. Great tee signs clearly indicating holes and distances. There is a sign at the beginning detailing which layout the pins are in. Wind will play a factor when blowing on scores.There are some pretty Oaks and pines on many of the holes. The course was in the longs yesterday when I played. I would like to see the shorts some day as well.

The course is a little rough on a couple of greens with large briar patches within 15 feet of the basket. That can kind of put a damper on a good drive if you are in a briar patch 15 feet from the hole on a 400+ foot drive. There were definitely some interested holes and some chances to watch a disc fly. Was not really sure about some of the routes, but hopefully getting a chance to play with a designer of the course at some point might help me there. Lots of kids out a the ball fields watching, so it could be a great introduction to a lot of players.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
April 20, 2013 08:16PM
Braved the wind yesterday and played this beautiful course.
Loved the signage and the nice mix of wooded and open holes.
Parking by 18 and walking to one is recommended.
My putting game stinks in the wind...heck who am I kidding...it just stinks period.
Great job on the course gents!
Anonymous User
April 28, 2013 09:54AM
Finally got a pic of the new course map:

Pelican Park held a formal dedication of their new course Saturday April 27th. NO Teamers Josh Edwards, Don Perkins and Mike Kernan were presented with plaques from the park recognizing their hard work bringing the course to reality.
Here is Josh accepting his plaque at the ribbon-cutting ceremony:

NO Team would again like to thank the staff and board of Pelican Park for building such a top-notch disc golf course, the Northshore's first! All the leadership at the ribbon cutting ceremony reported they were very pleased with the course and were impressed with how many players already throw discs there each day, and at all times of the day.
April 28, 2013 11:14AM
Awesome!
May 09, 2013 01:57PM
Awesome...err I mean what Sheaps said!

Anonymous User
May 09, 2013 05:47PM
Good news birdie hunters!

Just got word that all 18 baskets have all been moved to the short placements at Pelican.

Nice having two pin placements on every hole.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013