Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Where to play!

Posted by AmoryBulldog 
Where to play!
March 28, 2012 10:36AM
4-5 hr window in the Jackson, MS area tomorrow morning and need an itenarary.

I have played the Rez a dozen times and plan to skip it this time. So that being said, what other courses are must plays and would it be possible to squeeze in two.

Parks I have seen and am interested in:

Center City DGC
Buddy Butts DGC
Brighton Park
Flying Eagle DGC
Chautauqua Park

I figure if I go to Chautauqua I can only play that one. If I look at some of the others I might can manage 2. Open to suggestions. Will check back this evening for suggestions or offers to play a round.

Keith Spotts
Re: Where to play!
March 28, 2012 12:59PM
Chautauqua park for sure!!
March 28, 2012 01:21PM
It's a close call between Butts and Chautauqua. Both are great. Butts for length and a flatter walk. Chautauqua for hills and technical skills. Center City is also great. It is only 10 holes but they are worth playing over and over until you get tired. So your decision could be about proximity and how much time you want to be driving.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2012 05:02PM
Chaquaita.
March 28, 2012 05:11PM
We're not talking about bananas here Dillon, we're talking about disc golf courses. If you don't mind having almost no shade, Butts is a good choice. If you like elevation changes and a real challenge, Chautauqua is the place to go.
March 28, 2012 08:04PM
I like Chautauqua also...

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 28, 2012 09:42PM
If you have played Chautauqua and not Butts, go play Butts. Its an awesome course, both of them are.

Mississippi State Disc Golf
March 29, 2012 08:23AM
If you have 5 hours, you might be able to get in three stops.

-Start in Pearl (Center City DGC) and play the 10 holes.
-Then jet due West on I-20 and hit Butts Park. Play holes 10 - 18 (my preference if you have to shorten play).
-That should give you about 2 hrs to hit Crystal Springs (Chautauqua Park) and play all 18.

I consider Chautauqua Park the must play. You could even do it in reverse order of my suggestion...
March 30, 2012 07:06AM
I opted for Butts first and cut my round to the front 9 only. It was very wet from the dew and the grass was pretty tall, they were mowing so it should be in great shape by the weekend. Very long 9 holes with a lot of walking between holes. To me that kind of kills the momentum. I think this could potentially be a great course with some work. Not sure who it in charge of this course but if funding is a problem you might talk to park and rec about scrapping. I saw a large amount of metal laying around the course in various spots and if they'd let you guys have it there would be some funds for tees/signage. On the description I must have missed the golf range being in the front of the park, I missed it the first time thinking it was just a golf range. All in all a great course but very long. Is that area of Jackson at odds with MDOT? Has to be the worse roads anywhere in the world, including the park.

Second part of my morning put me at Center City, played 3 rounds there. Love this little course. I thought the red dirt desert was a nice touch on hole 1 and 3. Met up with a local, Chuck, and played a third round. Lot of fun on this course with tons of potential. When this course is finished it will be the perfect compliment to the Rez for the city.

Thanks for the suggestions. Next trip is to Crystal Springs(when I'm down there again), feel I missed out on that one but time constraints got in the way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013