Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2013 SN Championship Bids

Posted by pbgolfpb 
2013 SN Championship Bids
April 04, 2012 09:06PM
Would you or your disc golf club like to host one of the 2013 Southern National Championships?

Please submit a bid for one of the three 2013 Southern National Championships:

Southern National Doubles Championship
Southern National Am Championship
Southern National Pro Championship

Details should include at a minimum:

Who is running the tournament, ie individuals or a disc golf club
Courses to be used
Sponsorship provided for the SNPC (Set amount already determined or a stated goal)

Bonus Info:
Field events
Extras
What your city has to offer in ways of entertainment
Ideas for player party

If you'd like to submit a bid, you can send a bid/email to pbgolfpb@yahoo.com or johnk@sndg.org
or you can PM Eric Day, John K, or pbgolfpb on the forum.

If any of this is wrong, surely, someone will let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2012 10:04AM by John K.
Re: 2013 SN Championship Bids
April 06, 2012 08:58AM
Looks great! Can't wait to hear the options for this year!
April 10, 2012 07:30AM
Who will be the first to put in the Bid!!!! Championships that is what we play for!!!! We know there are some good locations out there with some great courses!!!!!! Get your Bid together and shows us what you can do!!!!!! We appreciate all the tournaments run by all TD's!!!!!
Anonymous User
April 11, 2012 12:04AM
What a thriving series we have...
April 11, 2012 09:30AM
hey dillon, if u havent anything nice to say dont say it! im tired seeing you leave smartass comments
April 11, 2012 09:56AM
ditto
April 11, 2012 10:21AM
So Dillion, I dont get it. Why so negative, Here is thread started to get players excited about a new location for a championship and you come up with this thought that personelly I cant tell if you are trying to be a smart A or you really are not happy with the series. As far as I can see the new BOD members have made lots of changes to help out this series in a positive way, sure we still have lots of work to do but I think we are getting it turned around. Financials are being transparent, we are working on rules. We as the Bod raised money by selling shirts to donate to all three championships!!!! Tournaments are still being put on the schedule and all this is being done by players who volunteer their time and dont charge a yearly price to players to pay for payroll. Is there something that you would like us to take a look at to see if we can make a positive change? If I can help with an Idea you have I would be glad to try. I am not making any promises, but as a BOD member I feel like I try to represent what players would like to see happen. PM me and let me know whats up.

peanut butter
April 11, 2012 10:23AM
disgruntled FORMER BOD member.........Geesh!

Spend that energy on the course!!
April 11, 2012 05:34PM
pat you guys are the best we have had in a looooooong time; keep up the great work; dillion not sure were you are coming from here but feel free to join in and be a postive model.
April 11, 2012 08:58PM
Why would someone/club want to TD a SN Championship, other than the good reasons for running a SNQ?

1. A small amount of money could be made for the club, perhaps more than at a SNQ.

2. The local club members are rewarded with their best opportunity to win a championship against a large field on their home course and for some it might be their only opportunity to go to one.

3. The owners of the courses used will see their largest volume of DG activity and be more likely to see the course as an investment worth improving or repeating, resulting in better and more courses for the locals to play.

4. The local business spike could also improve the playing situation for the club members in multiple ways - votes, sponsorships, donations, promotion.

5. Club membership may increase as non-tournament local players spectate and are exposed to the larger show that a SNC is.

6. There will be all kinds of extra cool DG stuff to buy on-site due to the number of likely vendors attending.

7. It just makes the locals feel good because a whole bunch of people from multiple states came to their home course and made their course and their game seem much more important to the DG world.

Somebody help me here.
April 12, 2012 10:20AM
Good Reason discjazz!!!!!

We do it for the love of the game!!! Championships are the most exciting tournaments played all year!!!!

Bids are open. 2012 SNPC will be in Mobile, We are working hard to make this one a great one.

Lets see who wants to run it for 2013. It would be nice to see a new venue, somewhere we have not been before?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 02:15PM by MassiveJ.
April 12, 2012 10:31PM
Ok so lets say John SNQ TD has read this thread and is convinced running a SNC will be great for the local players doing the work. What extra hoops does he have to think about in order to do a SNC, above what is expected for a SNQ.

There are Guidelines setting minimum standards.

SNPC [www.sndg.org]
SNAC [www.sndg.org]
SNDC [www.sndg.org]

Here's a question for you.
If 36 different pin positions are played from 18 different tee boxes does that = "2, 18 hole courses"?
April 13, 2012 08:24AM
You cant have two seperate groups on the same hole or throwning to the same basket. Although you could play 36 holes, you could only do this for one group. You need two seperater courses that could be played at the same time. Especially if every hole had 4 players per hole. I hope I answered it correctly, but someone will let me know if not.

pb
April 13, 2012 08:40AM
Another reason for not jumping in to fast hosting clubs must talk it over and decide if they can run one. Great support for each event this year would go along way to finding next years host. Please remember these are your championships.

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
April 13, 2012 12:35PM
SNPC typically has 100+ players each year show up to play. If you were to use just 18 holes with two pin placements, that wouldn't be easy. Two courses is a must. I had about 70+ MPO in 2009 which filled up one course alone.

Good thought question discjazz.
April 13, 2012 12:56PM
My question is just what I asked. I understand there are other requirements, but the answer to that one simple question could matter. For example, if the answer is yes, a TD could use a 19 hole course with 37 pin positions and a 10 hole course with 2 sets of tees to field 145 payers. I am just asking what "2, 18 hole courses" means.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2012 08:55PM
Discjazz, here you go asking another question you know the answer to but wanna try to find a loophole in the wording.

1 course, 18 baskets
2 courses, 36 baskets, more than likely TWO different GPS addresses with the exception of places like Blue Angel, Burns Park, Tishomingo, Tombigbee that have multiple EIGHTEEN hole courses.
April 14, 2012 01:18PM
Thanks for the compliment Dillon but you failed to cite or quote any authority.

1 loophole = 1 fair question.

If a hole is only a basket then we need to tell those Am Master tee posters they are arguing over nothing, but they are still going to believe their feet.

1 hole = 1 tee to 1 basket position. If it is possible to play another tee to the same basket position or the same tee to another basket position that is a different hole.

I quoted my authority, "2, 18 hole courses".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 01:20PM by Discjazz.
Anonymous User
April 14, 2012 04:00PM
Discjazz, have you ever wondered why a cat, when they catch a mouse or other small creature like a gerbil, will often wound the small animal and play with the injured animal for hours before they completely slay said small creature?

Because that's what I feel like I'm looking at right here.
April 14, 2012 04:16PM
Lets say a hole #7 has 3 tee locations and 3 pin placements, you can play every single way and its still hole #7. Now can we keep all these slightly on and slightly off topics questions off this topic.... Relocate your questions to the BOD forum or start a new thread in General Discussion, It will keep this thread easy to follow and we won't miss any of your hypothetical questions.

Lets just keep this topic open to those people wishing to host a SNC
April 14, 2012 06:19PM
One of us may have misunderstood the function of a topic in the General Discussion section.
Anonymous User
April 14, 2012 08:10PM
April 18, 2012 02:45PM
Kinda off topic again? Lol
April 19, 2012 10:08AM
I vote that Eric Day or Dustin Morris run the SNDC event, since they KNOW the RIGHT way to do things
Anonymous User
April 20, 2012 08:30AM
I second that Llyod!
April 20, 2012 08:23PM
News Flash!!!!

Would you or your disc golf club like to host one of the 2013 Southern National Championships?

Please submit a bid for one of the three 2013 Southern National Championships:

Southern National Doubles Championship
Southern National Am Championship
Southern National Pro Championship

Details should include at a minimum:

Who is running the tournament, ie individuals or a disc golf club
Courses to be used
Sponsorship provided for the SNPC (Set amount already determined or a stated goal)

Bonus Info:
Field events
Extras
What your city has to offer in ways of entertainment
Ideas for player party

If you'd like to submit a bid, you can send a bid/email to pbgolfpb@yahoo.com or johnk@sndg.org
or you can PM Eric Day, John K, or pbgolfpb on the forum.
April 24, 2012 02:35PM
Coming from the guy that let someone run into my vehicle and wanted to try to go around the insurance company so your insurance dont go up again and then never send me your information when you said you would? Thats the right way to handle that? No. The only championship i have played in SN was in Jackson, MS.....it was no better than any other tournament i have been to except for the amount of people that was there and a few more staff than usual....

No Low Putt Lloyd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I vote that Eric Day or Dustin Morris run the SNDC
> event, since they KNOW the RIGHT way to do things
April 24, 2012 06:18PM
Please keep it on the topic the extra info about the tournament posted was great, but all this other stuff is not needed. Please!
April 25, 2012 08:04AM
I don't believe Lloyd's comment was appropriate for this thread either (as well as mine) and i wouldn't have posted anything on here if my name was not brought up on this thread. You should have posted your "please keep this thread on topic" comment about 4-5 days ago when that was commented. I state my oppinion on things i believe in on these forums. I am a dsc golfer not a TD. I may TD tournaments later but right now I have no plans any time soon. Do i still have a right to state an oppinion how i would like a TD to act or do things? Yes, because i am one of the players that comes to your events.
April 25, 2012 10:24AM
PB has posted twice what to do with Championship Bids and posting them on this thread is not one of his instructions. Questions about what a qualified bid is are off topic according to ED. Since no bid info or questions belong here it seems it is supposed to be just an announcement. Is there anything that could possibly be posted here that would be on topic? Is my question about whether any comment could be on topic off topic?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013