Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2013 SN Championship Bids

Posted by pbgolfpb 
Re: 2013 SN Championship Bids
August 14, 2012 12:58PM
Still waiting for some more Bids. Wont have anything set until after Championships, unless I get a lot of Bids in soon!!!
August 21, 2012 08:17PM
BLUE ANGEL PARK!!!!! would love to hold the doubles any year; and all would be invited. would be run by new mang. as well as many sndg folks.
August 29, 2012 09:46PM
The Columbus Disc Golf association submits a bid for the 2013 Southern Nationals Pro Championship for August 31 / September 1st (Labor Day is on the 2nd next year).

The head tournament director will be Clayton Nash, with assistant Tournament Directors Chip Strain and Mark Box.

Courses:
Propst Park - 18 holes, par 61
Lake Lowndes - 20 holes, par 60
Lake Lowndes Gold Course - 18 holes, par 69

Format will be 3 rounds, then a cut - those who make the cut will play a 4th round

We will have a host hotel and a players party similar to what was done for the 2011 MS State Championships, and at least 2 field events, but exact details are not known at this time.

Our minimum goal for sponsorship is $5000 (not including SN fees and bag tags), but we plan on a year long fundraising effort that should raise much much more.
August 30, 2012 07:20AM
Thats awesome Clayton!! Lake Lowdes Gold is one of my favorite courses.....

JOhn k
September 20, 2012 11:57AM
We are going to extend the bidding process for the 2013 SNAC out till Oct. 7th. Any cities/clubs that have any thoughts of hosting, please put together a bid and submit it.
September 20, 2012 08:53PM
blue angel would like to do the snac's for 2013; 3 courses new blood in mang. and plenty of help.
September 20, 2012 10:19PM
A formal bid or at least an outline of what can be offered should be submitted.
September 20, 2012 10:22PM
hobbit489 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A formal bid or at least an outline of what can be
> offered should be submitted.

A formal bid is on the way, Mike was discussing it with me before and after that post.
September 21, 2012 10:44AM
Cool deal, just want to make sure of the details....like how much Blue Angel Park takes out of the total tournament purse straight off the top so that that information is known to everyone up front. Please do not take this as a knock against BAP as it is one of my favorite places to play or against Mr. Sidebottom as he's a great person in and out of disc golf. Like I said, just want everyone to be aware of where the money would be going which may or may not affect payouts.
September 21, 2012 06:21PM
no offence taken; i can tell you that the park will take 10% off the top; i will submit the bid tomorrow as i need to speak to jay; he has said o.k. to it but i want to make sure we and he are in the same room; he is a great guy and is much better than i as far as going by the book (military)
Anonymous User
September 22, 2012 12:03AM
We all know how you like to write your own book there Mr. Sidebottom. Wasn't it you that said you thought the SNAC was a fundraiser tournament? LOL
September 23, 2012 09:45PM
NO!!!! i did not ever say that; we actually ran one a few yrs back. an apology will be just fine and then keeping your mouth shut would work as well. thanks
September 23, 2012 10:22PM
Dillon, shut your pie hole
Anonymous User
September 23, 2012 11:51PM
I was referring to the one you ran a while back... Do you really want it to be brought up, again? Ha.

One of my last board meetings I was in was talking about how you likely wouldn't get to host another championship based on your previous performance. This is a new BOD and in need of a host, maybe you'll get lucky and try to fool the SN once again.
September 24, 2012 09:55AM
This is posted on the BOD forum. Looks like it could be updated.(Sponsorship exemptions)
How much is a host allowed to make for running this tournament again?

Southern National AM Championship Guidelines

The guidelines presented below are the minimum standards set forth by the Southern National Board. The host city of the SNAC is committed to running a championship level tournament for the players. The appropriate level of forethought and planning is required to make this representative of the culmination of a SN season.

1. A minimum of 2, 18 hole courses in excellent shape, appropriate for the level of competition.

2. The host city will provide invitations for the 144 players to be invited. The invitation list will be provided by the SN Board based on the percentage of each division in regards to the total number of am players. Invitations for the SNAC will be mailed no later than June 21.

3. All SN fees are turned over to the host city along with a breakdown regarding the amount that was collected for each division (in singles tournaments). This information is provided by the SN Treasurer to the host city, SN Board and SN players vis the SN forum. All SN fees will be returned to the respective division.

4. Each Division should payout a minimum of 125% of SN fees and Entry fees collected, i.e. if $1000 in Sn fees and Entry fees s were collected for the Advanced division then $1250 should be paid out in fair retail value. (See 13 for definition of FRV)

5. Divisions offered: the minimum divisions offered will be Advanced Men, Advanced Master, Am Men, Am Masters, Am Women, and Juniors. Other divisions such as Advanced Women can be offered if there are enough players to constitute a division as determined by the host.

6. What constitutes Payout?
...a. Payout includes the prizes given out to the top 35% (minimum) in the advanced am divisions (Adv Men, Adv Masters, Adv Women)
...b. Payout includes prizes given out to the top 45% (minimum) in the am divisions (Am Men, Am Masters, Am Women, Juniors)
...c. Payout includes trophies in ACTUAL cost for each division.
...d. Payout includes the players package that is given out to all registered players in their respective division.
...e. Payout includes any prizes for contests that are broken down by division, such as putting, driving contests.
...f. Payout includes any prizes for CTPs that are broken down by division.

7. Each player should get a players package with a fair retail value of at least $35 as a minimum. Contents of the players package will be determined by the host. The mark up to retail value for items such as shirts and discs will be approved by the SN Board. Approval for other items in the players package in regards to what can be considered payout will be by the SN Board.

8. The tournament will be a minimum 3 and a half rounds. There can be a cut after the 3rd round.

9. Each division will have trophies or plaques for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

10. Sponsorship money: All sponsorship mooney raised by the host club can be designated as the sponsor/hostchooses.

11. Baskets:
...a. Each division (except Juniors) will have a basket whose quality is equal to the Innova discatcher pro / discraft chainstar for 1st place (about $360 retail).
...b. Each division (except Juniors) will have a basket whose quality is equal to or greater than the Lightning DB5 / Innova Discatcher Sport for 2nd place (about $175 retail).
...c. Exceptions will be made on the quality of the basket based upon the size of the division and the amount of SN fees contributed from that division. First place in those instances will be awarded a basket whose quality is equal to or greater than the Lightning DB5 / Innova Discatcher Sport for 2nd place (about $175 retail).

An example of this is at a future SNAC if there is a fielded Adv Womens division. In 2005 there were $420 in SN fees generated by the am womens division. If the division split into am and adv womens divisions, example 6 am women and 4 adv women the SN fees of $420 would be split per capita with $252 ($42 x 6) going into the am womens payout and $168 ($42 x 4) going into the adv womens payout. Add entry fees to the equation ($45) the SN fees and entry fee from the am womens division would be $522 and $348 in the adv womens division. Mulitiple that times the required 125% minimum payout equals $653 for the am women and $435 in the adv womens divisions. Subtract players package which is considered part of the payout (minimum $35) equals $443 left for payout in the am womens division and $295 left for payout in the adv womens division. Even without figuring in the cost of the trophies which count toward the payout the adv womens division wouldn't justify a $360 basket but it would justify a $175 basket leaving $120 for 2nd place paying out 2 of 4 places.

...d. The SN Board will provide the baskets for the SNAC. The baskets will be provided to the host at cost.

12. The host city will provide to the SN Board a complete accounting of the money taken in (i.e. sponsorship money, SN fees, entry fees) and money paid out giving actual cost of items with photocopied reciepts. Accountability is important.

(The SN Board will comminicate wiht the host to determine the best means of doing this, while we want to keep the process as simple as possible accountability is important.)

13. Fair Retail Value: This is the value of the merchandise at the average cost to a player buying from a vendor. The pricing of each type of disc used for payout(i.e. DX, Pro Line, CE) must be approved by the SN Board to ensure pricing is fair.

14. A minimum of 2 SN Board members will be present at the SNAC to ensure the quality of the event is maintained.

15. A minimum of two extra curricular events will be offered. Suggestions include:
...a. putting contest
...b. driving contest
...c. skils contest
...d. rings of fire
...e. mini course

16. The host city can profit from the tournament. A MAXIMUM of $500 can be made by the host city if ALL the SNAC guidelines outlined above (i.e. 125% payout) have been met.

17. Sponsorship ecemptions: Sponsorship exemptions will be given to those individuals that dont have SN points in an Amateur division. The limit of exemption is $200 for a player at the SNAC. Sponsorship can come from individuals or corporate. It is the discretion of the host city to deny sponsorship exemption if they deem the player applying for the exemption to be of pro caliber based on other tournament series such as the PDGA.

Sponsorship excemptions were raised to $400 cash only PER excemption. A player may only recieve one excemption for any one championship in a 2 year period. Edited 09/15/10

18. Eligibility: All players that have competed in an SN tournament that was an appropriate SNAC qualifier and obtained the mimimum 2 AM points required (players that played in a nonpoints division such as Novice are eligible to register the last two weeks prior to the championship if the tournament isnt full at that point.)

John k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2012 09:56AM by MassiveJ.
September 24, 2012 11:26AM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
> no offence taken; i can tell you that the park
> will take 10% off the top
; i will submit the bid
> tomorrow as i need to speak to jay; he has said
> o.k. to it but i want to make sure we and he are
> in the same room; he is a great guy and is much
> better than i as far as going by the book
> (military)

Does this mean they will take 10% of the entry fees or of the total event value?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 24, 2012 05:55PM
thanks massive for the info; thats good stuff; keith i think they have always gotten 10% from the total event; again i am not doing this i am only the lasion between the navy and any event holder; jay is now the man in that position. as far as moneys go that will be handeled by them not me; as is the case with the mango tournament; again dillion (the quitter) please just shut up and let them work this out. as far as the bid we now have 3 /18 hole courses along with a new marked driving range up to 600 feet; also we will be able to have all the competition contest; we also have 15 two bedroom trailers and 7 one room cabins; we have all the r.v. spaces neccesary for this event as well as primitive camping (tent) we also have little flier t-boxes for all the kids to learn on when you bring your family in. we will have 3 beginner holes located at the new driving range one shot hyser one an-hyser and one straight at about 150 ft. for folks just learning the game. all of this is in on a permanent bases. come enjoy.
Anonymous User
September 24, 2012 06:28PM
You make a great case there Mr. Sidebottom. In addition you could mention that the three courses offer quite a bit of shade for the SNAC which is held in mid-August. Plus you're a blizzard Katana's throw away from a nice beach.

We're lucky to have such a fine facility as Blue Angel Park. I think the SNAC should go there every year until Blue Angel gets tired of hosting it!

Really though, for anyone who wants to make the SNAC a championship on the level with a pDGA am major, Blue Angel is the place to do it.

I can't wait to play at the Mango Classic on Oct 13 & 14 over there. That is going to be one of the best tournaments of the whole year. I hope that the awesome TD of that one adds a lot of cash to the Masters division.
September 24, 2012 08:12PM
4. Each Division should payout a minimum of 125% of SN fees and Entry fees collected, i.e. if $1000 in Sn fees and Entry fees s were collected for the Advanced division then $1250 should be paid out in fair retail value. (See 13 for definition of FRV)

" i can tell you that the park will take 10% off the top;"

Either way, total event value or entry fees, the 10% would need to be covered by fundraisers or sponsorship money.
September 25, 2012 08:00AM
i agree with that eric; thanks mikey for the kind words; the crew at bap deserves all the credit starting with thomas.
September 25, 2012 04:58PM
I don't like the idea of BAP getting 10% of money that is being collected all year. I love the course and the place............

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 25, 2012 08:24PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> I don't like the idea of BAP getting 10% of money
> that is being collected all year. I love the
> course and the place............

I ageee with keith.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Anonymous User
September 25, 2012 08:48PM
If you want quality sometimes you have to pay a little extra. And Blue Angel is worth it.

Let's be real...any SNAC TD could easily pocket 10% or even 20% or 50% of the SNAC funds and almost no one would know the difference. Don't even try to say that hasn't happened at several SNACs already.

Plus I don't see anyone else stepping up and the original deadline was back in what, June? I wouldn't be too picky if I was the BoD. I've personally seen the BoD really botch things up with the SNAC by not appreciating the potential host, and I don't think you want to go down that road again.

Hello, McFly? Do you guys realize that all the amenities that Blue Angel offers are worth at least the little bitty 10% you're nitpicking over? Hello? 3 courses on site with no trash, concrete pads, nice benches everywhere, shade, trailers & cabins on site to sleep, camping, a beach in the park and a better beach minutes away, plus a driving range and store on site as well. What else do you want? Ok, ok, it's not INDOORS yet. Yet.
September 25, 2012 08:59PM
Just another way of looking at things...
If entry fee is $50 and the park takes 10% off the top of entry fees. That would be about $700, If this covers park fees, and event insurance, then that is not asking to much in my opinion. They could cover that in a couple fundraiser tournament with the numbers that BAP gets at their events.
September 25, 2012 09:29PM
if i may; i understand not wanting to part with the money but i will say this; you better get used to it as the sport grows the quality of courses will get better and better; much better than say blue angel and i know the amount of money put into blue angel; also the pdga and the mango have no problem with the 10%; it's coming guys it really is; and in my mind thats a good thing.
September 28, 2012 04:55PM
Yea...it may be coming but its not quite to that levek yet...jmo.

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
September 28, 2012 08:24PM
it may not be at that levek but it is at that level; sorry i just had to. but i really do think we are there; actually past there.
September 28, 2012 09:04PM
I'm all for the 10%. I see no problem with it. For any TD of the SNAC Lord knows 10% is not near enough probabky
Anonymous User
September 28, 2012 11:22PM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
> it may not be at that levek but it is at that
> level; sorry i just had to. but i really do think
> we are there; actually past there.

And we wanna let this genius run the SNAC? Lol
September 29, 2012 05:18PM
go back and read you idiot; never mind im retired and don't work there anymore; i guess there are just folks that will always be there to hold back the progress of the sn series. please don't grace us with your presense at bap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013