Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2013 SN Championship Bids

Posted by pbgolfpb 
Re: 2013 SN Championship Bids
October 02, 2012 05:53AM
head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm all for the 10%. I see no problem with it. For
> any TD of the SNAC Lord knows 10% is not near
> enough probabky

You can not be serious about letting ANY host take/keep/charge 10%. As much as I like BAP that is absurd, because we all know that there is enough profit in the FMV scam to make a couple of grand. And nothing against you Mr. Sidebottom, had I not been there early at the last one the prizes would have been complete crap. I think BAP is a great host and they DO NOT NEED 10% extra on top of the FMV vs Wholesale....

October 02, 2012 06:22AM
2013 Southern National Amateur Championship Bid
TUPELO, MS
TUPELO DISC GOLF ASSOCIATION
The City of Tupelo, Tupelo Park and Recreation and the Tupelo Disc Golf Association would like to formally present our bid for the 2013 Southern National Amateur Championships.

Tournament directors: Zack Hudson, Jason Cross, Michael Russell, Matthew Gardner

Courses played: Tombigbee 1 (18 holes) Tombigbee 2 (18 holes) Veterans park (27 holes). Courses will be in Championship caliber condition for this event.

All tournament directors will be certified PDGA officials.

There will be at least one players party consisting of free food and live entertainment. This will be at no cost to the players and the expense will not be deducted from entry or SN fees.

Meals during this event will be provided for free by the host club (TDGA) this will consist of two lunches and at least one meal at the players party. The cost of this will be absorbed by the TDGA. Funds will not come from entry fees or SN fees.

We will limit this event to 180 players. Players packages will be given to the first 144 to register.

We will provide online registration plus a snail mail address as well.

Will send out 144 formal invitations to the participants who qualified for the event from the finishing results of the point race.

All 144 players packages that will be valued at more than $35.

There will be at least three skills competitions for this event, .i.e. putting contest, distance throw, skill shots, can jam, dizzy distance.

TDGA will meet or exceed the payout percentage criteria (125%).

TDGA will absorb all park fees (park entrances) for this event.

TDGA will give baskets to 1st and 2nd finishing positions in each division.

TDGA will provide plaques/trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each division. The cost of the awards will not be deducted from entry fees or SN fees. This will be one of the many perks that TDGA will be offering up.

There are several hotels within 9 miles of the three courses that are going to be used. We will shop around and find a best pricing for host hotels.
Bunk houses will be available at Tombigbee State park at a cost of $8 per night. Also there are 12 cabins at Tombigbee that will be available. These require a three night minimum stay and start at $75 per night.

Tupelo and the TDGA have a proven track record for hosting a championship event. With six courses in our city we are able to bring the players an awesome golf experience. With the TDGA absorbing food expenses, trophy/plaque expenses, and park fees, we are looking to add $3500 to the value of this event. Thank you for your consideration and the opportunity to bid for this event.

TGDA
President - Tony Palmer
Vice President - open
Secretary - Ronnie McCoy
Treasure - Cassie Harris
Sergeant at Arms - Kirby powers

Tournament Directors
Zack Hudson
Jason Cross
Michael Russell
Matthew Gardner

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 06:41AM by John K.
October 02, 2012 03:19PM
Tupelo has my vote

Lloyd Wilkins --J.U.D.G.E.S--

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
[www.facebook.com]

Check out the new Website
[www.jacksondiscgolf.org]
October 02, 2012 08:39PM
great to hear from you bobby; come on over in 2 weeks and see how a real tournament works; anyway hope all is well with you but i must admit i am suprised at your lack of knowledge concerning growth. and tupelo good luck i wish you all the best; we really wanted the doubles but was asked to bid on this.
October 02, 2012 10:44PM
I'm sure wherever it is, it will be a blast for all! But for sure Tupelo will put on a heck of a tournament!!!
Anonymous User
October 04, 2012 07:24AM
So is Tupelo going to take as much off the top as they did at this year's SNDC? Because that was a bit more than 10%.

Just sayin'
Anonymous User
October 04, 2012 05:10PM
Bluff, I mainly agree with you on things but I have to say you're an idiot on this one.

How do you figure Tupelo took "more than %10" ? Why don't you give us some cold hard numbers? I mean you did come up with the ratings, why don't you put some numbers where your mouth is? Numbers don't lie, or are you mad you just didn't cash? LOL , F'n idiot.
October 04, 2012 07:37PM
When will the bid winner be announced?? Also, who all has bid for the SNAC?? Tupelo, P-cola, ??.......
October 04, 2012 08:01PM
tmad1004 Wrote:
> When will the bid winner be announced?? Also, who
> all has bid for the SNAC?? Tupelo, P-cola,
> ??.......

After then next meeting, and yes that is the only two bids.
Anonymous User
October 04, 2012 09:41PM
Droopy Dillon you'd be wise not to hurl insults when you're trying to cover up for that stunningly low pro payout at the SNDC. I guess I'm the only one who remembers that shenanigans?

I'm actually glad we didn't cash, because if we played well and weren't rewarded it would have been disappointing. And I didn't even bring up that time Tupelo said they were adding $500 to the Mississippi States which didn't happen.

So what is the saying there Droopy? People who live in glass houses...
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 02:25AM
Just glad to know how you really feel about us. It'll be glad not having you back.

You mean like that time you were gonna TD the SNAC but then got your panties in a wad and didn't get your way you dropped it on others?

Tupelo will host an awesome SNAC, just like it hosted the best SNDC yet.
October 05, 2012 07:03AM
Lol......i still love ya bluff. "Kisses".

2011 Adv Points Champion
2011 Am player of the year
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 11:03AM
All I'm really trying to say is that people shouldn't pretend that Tupelo won't make 10% like Pensacola. Never said I didn't enjoy any of my visits to Tupelo, I did & I'll be back. Just tryin' to make sure all the information is out there for the deciders on the BoD who have shown a considerable lack of thorough thought on their decisions. The BoD if they were wise would postpone their decision until after next weekend's big pDGA event at Blue Angel and they ought to attend it to see first hand how impressive a big tourney can be there.

And as for the SNAC Droopy, why don't you just MAN UP and run just one little tournament before you run your little nazi mouth about how anyone else runs theirs?
October 05, 2012 11:39AM

Yeah, Dillon, STFU!!!
October 05, 2012 01:45PM
the numbers I am about to post is cash payout only from the SNDC in tupelo.. this does not count any players packsor trophy cases or anything . If anyone has different numbers to show a 10% off the top...feel free

Open...paid out 2420 cash....$1300 intry fees

pro women...paid out 820....$420 entry fees

pro master ... paid out $850...$500 entry fees

grand master...paid out $970...$500 entry fees

added together that is $2360 more paid out in pro division than the entry fees. TDGA only got $2348 SN fees for this event... So every single penny of sn money went to open payout...

Im not gonna fuss and argue with you Mike about this... But there are much better ways to campaign for another city to get a championship rather than calling the other city thieves...Have a good day.
October 05, 2012 01:58PM
Good post zack.....note bluff that the snac won't be as poorly run or stolen from because the sndc td (me) wont be involved. Also i remember at the POG the 3rd place am women winner out of 9 got 1 disc but somehow was valued @ $65 on payouts @ $32 an entry fee....but we will be back to new orleans :-)

2011 Adv Points Champion
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 02:52PM
No one is calling anyone a thief there Zack.

However one might be inclined to call you a "liar" for posting inaccurate information in your post. You might want to verify the actual cash paid out at the SNDC because what you posted is not the "actual cash". It does include the players packs although you claim it doesn't.

I'll accept your apology when you get around to it :)

Robby, this is the first I'm hearing of the payout mistake at the PoG. I know the am pool awards were done in the dark and I'm not surprised there might have been an error, I apologize for that. $25 of that $65 was the players pack and I'll be happy to make up the difference, I have some 2012 PoG stamps I can send you. Shoot me a PM and I'll get them in the mail Tuesday.
October 05, 2012 03:20PM
AGAIN , I'm not going to argue with you about this. If you have anything else to say to me my number is 662-760-6726.
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 03:40PM
So Zack, you just got totally busted for lying about the SNDC payout and now you want to keep things out of public view, is that what you're saying?

It looks like you have no problem with exaggerating payouts, yet you want us to believe that you won't be taking a 10% cut like Pensacola?
October 05, 2012 03:43PM
That's ok because with a $25 players pack cotton shirt and the fact that my name was misspelled on the sponsor sign, I feel like if you had to send me one of those expensive disc that I would have to send you a check to pay the shipping on it. I suggest you take the mistake and $ you made off it to buy a couple of flashlights fo your next payout. But thanks for the offer.

2011 Adv Points Champion
October 05, 2012 03:54PM
no...not just going to play your childish games. 1st place in open recieved $378 each..and second recieved $240 each.. that's $1236 OF THE $1300 in entry fees right there... so the other teams that cashed in open got nothing? really. or they all split $64?

was actually thinking of taking more like a 20% cut. But I will at least man up and TD the thing... that a touchy subject?
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 05:50PM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
> That's ok because with a $25 players pack cotton
> shirt and the fact that my name was misspelled on
> the sponsor sign, I feel like if you had to send
> me one of those expensive disc that I would have
> to send you a check to pay the shipping on it. I
> suggest you take the mistake and $ you made off it
> to buy a couple of flashlights fo your next
> payout. But thanks for the offer.

Hey, I said I was sorry about your name being mis-spelled, but again let me apologize since it is obviously still crushing your feelings 8 months later. Just like any time we screw up on a sponsor, we'll give you a couple sponsor signs next year to make up for it.

We didn't value your shirt at $25 Robby. We valued it at $15. See if you can remember what the other $10 was...I'll give you a hint, there was this big pile of edible things in between rounds that 200+ people all gathered around (oh and some adult beverages that some people got to consume). But go ahead, do tell me how I'm stretching the value of that $25 player pack when compared to the SNDC's...that should be a good one.
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 05:59PM
hudd Wrote:
> the numbers I am about to post is cash payout only
> from the SNDC in tupelo.. this does not count any
> players packsor trophy cases or anything . If
> anyone has different numbers to show a 10% off the
> top...feel free
>
> Open...paid out 2420 cash....$1300 intry fees

> 1st place in open recieved $378 each..and second recieved $240 each.. that's $1236 OF THE $1300 in entry fees right there... so the other teams that cashed in open got nothing? really. or they all split $64?

So, according to you , Open got $2420 and the first & second place teams got $1236 of that. So either 3rd 4th and 5th split $1184 or you're exaggerating something. Or maybe you paid 6th place too? Help me out here.
October 05, 2012 06:14PM
I REMEMBER
October 05, 2012 06:55PM
Lol i never said you exagerated anything....i dont care for someine saying i pocketed $ off of a tournament especially a sn championship so i figured id bring to light a couple of your mistakes in the only tournament ive sponsored or attended that you td'd. Tdga made $400 off of the sndc. As far as our pro field we had the same # as year before with tad better cash payouts & alot better players packs with double the parties water & party foods. Sorry if all our hard work and running the streets getting $ for these extras instead of adding all this to payouts isnt good enough but i can assure you we didnt pocket any money. Both john k & keith bodin got emails of detailed payout info...if they still have it they can feel free to make it public.

2011 Adv Points Champion
October 05, 2012 06:57PM
But i can make you feel better in saying i will NEVER TD another sn championship again.

2011 Adv Points Champion
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 07:22PM
Well Robby in that case since you're not going to run anymore SNCs I guess Zack will call you a quitter and tell you to man up :)
October 05, 2012 08:26PM
naw Bluff. he full filled his obligation. He finished what he started.
Anonymous User
October 05, 2012 09:34PM
Well Zack you haven't finished what you started either. Could you finish posting the alleged payouts at the SNDC so that we can better speculate whether Tupelo took 10% off the top? Or are you just going to sit there and let old Bluff Magee get away with mocking your math skills?

Or do we need to tell you to man up? You can finish Zack, you can finish! Or is this a touchy subject?
October 05, 2012 10:23PM
I think any organization is better off having transparency. Since there seems to be a question of the payout at the SNDC, and Robby gave the okay, John or Keith, as a fellow member of TDGA and a member of SN, I'm also asking to publicly post the numbers for the world to see and shut some of this "Tupelo pocketed money" talk up....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013