Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2012 BoD Election Nominations

Posted by Eric Day 
2012 BoD Election Nominations
April 07, 2012 07:45AM
Seats 2, 4, and 6 are up for grabs this year. I would like thank Leslie Zurowski, Jamie Massengle, Justin Tolbert for there outstanding effort they gave the Southern Nationals these last two years and for their time and dedication to the BOD. Hopefully we can get several people who are interested in making a TWO YEAR commitment to help the SN continue to grow.

Section 3 of the "New" SN Handbook has everything pertaining to the election and voting process. Midnight May 1, 2012 is the deadline for those interested in running. Please PM Me or Email (Eday1022@aol.com) me if you wish run for a seat on the BOD, this will help keep from anyone being unnoticed in the thread.

Section 3.0: Southern National Disc Golf Board of Directors

3.1 Board of Directors
3.1.2 The Southern National Disc Golf Tournament Series is managed by a Board of Directors consisting of six voting members and Jim Orum as honorary 7th seat, voting only as a tiebreaker.
3.1.1 There are six elected seats on the Board. Seats 2, 4, and 6 are elected in even numbered years. Seats 1, 3, and 5 are elected in odd numbered years.

3.2 Board Member Election
3.2.1 Election for no more than three opposed or resigning members is held once a year in accordance with this Section.
3.2.2 Election time line provides new members to be elected by and announced at the SNDG Pro Championship.

3.3 SNDG Board Member Eligibility
3.3.1 The individual must be a disc golf player or tournament director having earned two (2) points in the most recent SNDG season that ended prior to the voting closing date and be at least 18 years of age at the end of said season. Example that for the 2012 election, the individual must have earned two (2) SNDG points in the 2011-2012 SNDG Season.
3.3.2 The individual must have access to and use of the internet including E-mail and AOL Messenger for meetings and communication.

3.4 SNDG Voter Eligibility
3.4.1 Only persons who earned two (2) points in the most recent SNDG season that ended prior to the voting closing date or the current season of the voting closing date may vote. Example that for the person to be eligible to vote in the 2012 SNDG Board election the person must have earned two (2) SNDG points in the 2011-2012 or 2012-2013 SNDG season.

3.5 Board Member Nominees
3.5.1 Players interested in serving on the SNDG Board of Directors must declare by sending an e-mail including name, address, and phone number to the designated election coordinator. Declarations for Board Member will only be accepted and confirmed through e-mail. Midnight May 1 is the deadline for a player to declare. Results will be posted on the SNDG Forum.
3.5.2 Votes will be accepted via e-mail, pm or other established means and must include full name of voter. No nicknames will be accepted (i.e. - Banger, Treeknocker, or T-bone). The candidates for the SNDG Board of Directors will be posted on the SNDG Forum.

3.6 Board Member Candidates
3.6.1 Voting for candidates to serve on the SNDG Board will begin July 1.
3.6.2 Voting options will be made available at the SNDG Doubles Championship, SNDG Am Championship and the SNDG Pro Championship.
3.6.3 The SNDG Pro Championship second round two minute warning is the deadline for written ballots to be deposited in ballot boxes provided at the Championship.
3.6.4 The newly elected Board Members will be announced at the SNDG Pro Championship awards presentation and posted on the SNDG Forum.

3.7 Board Member Attendance
3.7.1 If a Board Member misses 3 consecutive meetings, he or she will be placed on probation.
3.7.2 Any Board Member that misses a meeting while on probation will be removed from the Board of Directors.

3.8 Board Member Removal, Resignation or Demise
3.8.1 The removal, resignation or demise of a board member shall vacate the seat of the board member.
3.8.2 Upon an elected SN board member (seats 1-6) vacancy the remaining Board members will determine based on length of vacancy whether to fill the vacancy or wait until the next election.
3.8.2.1 If less than 6 months remains until the next SN Board election date the position shall remain empty.
3.8.2.2 If more than 6 months remains the board member will be replaced.
3.8.3 If the SN Board falls below four (4) active elected members an election will be held regardless of the time until the next election.
3.8.4 Additional elections to replace a vacant elected position will follow the same parameters as Section 3.3 through 3.6 but the timeline and dates will be condensed/ determined by the board.
3.8.5 The honorary 7th seat if vacated by Jim Orum will remain unfilled until the next election. The position will revert to a fully participating elected two (2) year position and will follow the election parameters as outlined above in determining a replacement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 03:02PM by Eric Day.
Anonymous User
Re: 2012 BoD Election Nominations
April 10, 2012 12:07AM
The one, the only, drum roll please,

Mike Kernan.
April 10, 2012 10:15AM
Really? Really? Mike Kernan? Really? Best joke nomination for years.
Anonymous User
April 10, 2012 04:39PM
You're just jealous that I can make the internet do stuff like this

April 11, 2012 07:45AM
How about a little details as to what these positions entail.........for example. If I had something in writing that I could give or announce to the local players in my area, you might get an upbeat player who is willing to learn and move this sport forward. Not even 5% of SN Land comes on here to read this forum. I bet there are some talented and outgoing players out there who would do a great job had they known about this or have a chance to put a resume together.

Can we get a bit more professional on this Nomination Selection and have players send in or post strengths of what they will bring to the table?

What does the NEW BOD members need to be able to do? What Job can be dictated to them.

Just my two cents...........
Anonymous User
April 11, 2012 08:09AM
Doug, here is what the BOD duties consist of besides JK's position. I should know, I am an ex BOD meeting...

Make one meeting every 2 months.
Waste your Wednesday night sitting home at 8 o clock only for no one to show up.
Waste sometimes up to an hour going over a pointless, not meaning discussion, debating weather or not a double dollar signs should call for a banning.
Trying to decode Discjazz's lawyer language, which is a lot like trying to solve the age old question, what came first? The chicken or the egg?
Being the constant punch line, ridicule of Bluff Magee

I'm sure there's plenty I left out, Mr. Day can fill us in I'm sure.
April 11, 2012 10:10AM
That shouldn't deter anyone from running.
April 11, 2012 10:22AM
nOMINATE kATE uPTON.....err.....second on Bluff! DOH!!
April 11, 2012 01:29PM
You just need to read Dillon's comment one time to figure out his intelligence. He is "an ex BOD meeting."
April 11, 2012 02:05PM
Dillon, Yes they may have been some issues you had when you had your year on the Board. As of now we don't have those issues. It's a given your going to get some ripping from bluff, but as far as meetings go I think there has only been two this year with less then 4 members.

Trackin, We are working on assigning specific positions and responsibilities to each board member, so I can't really give you the answer your looking for at the moment. Basically each person will have responsibilities that will fit them them the best.
April 11, 2012 02:31PM
Thanks Eric
I'm going to guess here and say anyone can put their name in the hat and whoever is chosen is your New BOD. Then you current BOD members will ask what their strengths are to see what kind of responsibilities will work best for them.

Maybe I am looking for the one thing I have been preaching about............what is the Incentive to become a BOD?
It's clear that it's a volunteer effort. It's clear that you need thick skin. It's also clear that the majority of your players do not see this forum or hear about much of what is going on. So, a flyer would be nice right? Post a flyer here that works best for people to print and post at their local club, Facebook page, etc . . . . .

If you want to grow something, you need to advertise...........not just on this forum. What do you guys think about me posting an advertisement on dgcoursereview.com and Facebook for you. Lets see if it catches some big interest.
April 11, 2012 03:15PM
Trackin01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Eric
> I'm going to guess here and say anyone can put
> their name in the hat and whoever is chosen is
> your New BOD. Then you current BOD members will
> ask what their strengths are to see what kind of
> responsibilities will work best for them.
>
> Maybe I am looking for the one thing I have been
> preaching about............what is the Incentive
> to become a BOD?
> It's clear that it's a volunteer effort. It's
> clear that you need thick skin. It's also clear
> that the majority of your players do not see this
> forum or hear about much of what is going on. So,
> a flyer would be nice right? Post a flyer here
> that works best for people to print and post at
> their local club, Facebook page, etc . . . . .
>
> If you want to grow something, you need to
> advertise...........not just on this forum. What
> do you guys think about me posting an
> advertisement on dgcoursereview.com and Facebook
> for you. Lets see if it catches some big interest.

3.3 SNDG Board Member Eligibility
3.3.1 The individual must be a disc golf player or tournament director having earned two (2) points in the most recent SNDG season that ended prior to the voting closing date and be at least 18 years of age at the end of said season. Example that for the 2012 election, the individual must have earned two (2) SNDG points in the 2011-2012 SNDG Season.
3.3.2 The individual must have access to and use of the internet including E-mail and AOL Messenger for meetings and communication.

I see no problem with branching out as long as they come on here they to say they are wanting to run. It could cause some loss of info running between three sites.
April 11, 2012 04:05PM
I nominate Mr. Jaques Giraud from Lafayette La.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Anonymous User
April 11, 2012 05:24PM
Glad to see my post got some buzz going. Yes, my iPhone4 predictive text is pretty intelligent most of the time Mac.

That's 2 nominations Bluff.
April 11, 2012 07:23PM
Eric beat me to it.

We're working on creating individual responsibilities for each BoD member: secretary, TD liason, etc. etc. Those names aren't official or represent the views of the entire BoD, just ideas.

When these are compiled, it should give potential BoD members an idea of what to expect when they come in. Since I've been on the board, duties are assigned when tasks come up, and it usually falls on whoever could show up for the meeting. We can streamline the process of nominations and welcoming in new members by having these responsibilities ready to assign on day 1.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
April 11, 2012 07:54PM
Keith, I appreciiate the nomination but my schedule during the harvest season makes it impossible for me to commit to any responsibilities like this.
April 11, 2012 08:47PM
I would second the nomination for Jacques, but I know his schedule and we were lucky just convincing him to be the president of the ADGA. He has turned things around for the ADGA, and made a lot of talk turn into doing and not just talking. He would be a awesome BOD member in my opinion.
April 11, 2012 09:42PM
There are no witnesses to the chicken vs. egg event and Dillon's decoder ring got lost in the mail with some bag tags.
April 12, 2012 03:05PM
Advertising on discgolfcoursereview.com has been completed. Want to promote it more, sign up and post something positive. Here is a link to the thread: Southern Nationals Board of Directors
April 12, 2012 08:17PM
Isnt this a nomination thread...can we try to not turn a thread negative? Just once?
Anonymous User
April 12, 2012 09:09PM
"Just Once":

[www.youtube.com]

April 12, 2012 09:28PM
Can I nominate Robby Harris. Do you have the time bro? I think you could do some good and help set SN in the right direction.
April 12, 2012 09:31PM
I agree Doug...... Do you have time bro?

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
April 13, 2012 12:39PM
Here's a question that was brought up on DGcoursereview. Are you guys still using AOL messenger? Is it for the Monthly meetings as well? Have you thought about moving to a live view like Skype? I know there are some out there who have not upgraded to today's technology, but how difficult/expensive would if be to purchase webcams for the BOD members who do not have the equipment. Also, once the term is up, would it be difficult to retrieve that webcam back?

Just a thought question here again.
April 13, 2012 01:20PM
I don't think webcams are needed for an SN BoD meeting. Yes we are you using AIM every other Wednesday as of right now.
April 13, 2012 08:11PM
We also communicate via email and a private forum

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
April 16, 2012 09:25AM
So glad to see my hiatus from the forum has cleared up all the drama that was around "because of me"... good job guys!

Doug, to answer your question, it has been looked at in the past and I don't see how it would help. You have 6 equal members with no robert's rules or anything going on, basically not much structure to the meetings. Give them all a microphone and it would be chaos. Especially when you have personalities that like to get their way and if they don't they just sit there and basically talk over you and cut you off. That is what it would come down to. A couple of loud mouths doing all the talking and someone that might be a bit more reserved would be forced to just sit back and "take it".

The way it works now, everyone can type as much as they want and it's all there to digest at you leisure essentially. No one person has "more of a voice" than the others. Only downside is some people are slow typers, and some people are even slower typers (My crew knows who I'm talking about! LOL)

It's not the most convenient setup... I tried to get everyone to try and use IRC as it would be WAY more reliable with less "drop outs" (almost none) and no need for invites, just show up into the channel and talk (I'm pretty sure it could be password protected). This idea was never even tested.

*For the record the private forum section was helpful in discussing things sooner than later and way better than PM's.

Good luck to anyone running for the board, maybe they can finally get cracking on the big elephant in the room that everyone is tired of listening to and his tired diatribe of the same drivel over and over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2012 09:26AM by Gilligan.
Anonymous User
April 16, 2012 04:59PM
All I see is a Pink Elephant...that had been gone awhile but popped back in.

Oh look the new issue of Cosmo is in...fabulous

April 16, 2012 09:11PM
It was a lot quieter around here with Gilligan gone. I rather enjoyed it without him here spilling his negativity.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
April 16, 2012 09:57PM
LOL

I bet.

Two, maybe three post, one of which was me saying how the meetings work and how they are doing well the way they are set up now and wishing the new board members luck... yeah, that's SUPER negative.

Did you guys ever have that charity fight?

I'd be willing to match any contributions if I am wrong.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013